Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

August Gathering 2023

Go down 
+30
khamosa
speedy
banana
Icee
Nerd
Arcana
Copperbeanz
isla
Reaper King
Romantica
Little Grinch
Your Every Day Cat
Moth
cotton
Lapis
lostfanboy
Tara
Honey Badger
Honeybee
Holly
Flybot
kjSage
kiikko
downfive
xaandiir
Kitty
verychuu
moonazyne
Ash
zenpaii
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Characters : [SC]Heatherberry| [TC]Vinecrawler | [R]Grub | [R] Grun Jr
Clan/Rank : [H]T3 BT MC / T4 MC | [G]T4 Rogue | [GJ] T1 Rogue [V]T5 Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 4493

August Gathering 2023 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August Gathering 2023   August Gathering 2023 - Page 5 EmptyFri 11 Aug 2023 - 15:53

Firefly nodded with an exasperated sigh. "You and me both, dear brother. You and me both." To say it shocked her that their father, Nightstar, had acted the way he did would be a horrendous lie. It almost disgusted her that his impulsiveness and quick temper slightly mirrored hers.

"Your shoulder? What happened?" As Thrushnose stood to show her, she leaned in for a better look. "A bit if a nasty one, for sure. What'd you do to get it? Im sorry I didnt notice youd gotten hurt..." There was a bit of excitement in Firefly's voice. For starters, her brother had fought and survived whatever had given him the scar. That  in itself was an achievement.

Firefly is talking to Thrushnose.

won't you shake a poor sinners hand?:

August Gathering 2023 - Page 5 JGgdMsS August Gathering 2023 - Page 5 JGg3TFt  August Gathering 2023 - Page 5 JGg3GK7 August Gathering 2023 - Page 5 JGg2WjR

August Gathering 2023 - Page 5 JcTsSP1  August Gathering 2023 - Page 5 JcnAVnI August Gathering 2023 - Page 5 Grub_f10August Gathering 2023 - Page 5 JaZZNs4
click photos for profiles | sprites by Aspen!
Back to top Go down
cotton
Former Staff
Former Staff
cotton

Characters : [S]mallstar [A]stershine [J]ayfrost [F]allowpaw ----- DECEASED: Robinloft Clementine Elsa, Morningpaw,
Libra Dog
Number of posts : 2016

PostSubject: Re: August Gathering 2023   August Gathering 2023 - Page 5 EmptyFri 11 Aug 2023 - 23:47

To the Windclanner's relief, he was met with little hostility upon joining the leaders on the Great Rock. Smallstar dipped his head in response to Perchstar's silent greeting, offering her a small smile in addition. Still, for the remainder of their time on the rock, he kept to himself, mismatched gaze flickering between the other leaders and the deputies below them. Tigerdance seemed to be getting along with the other deputies. It was reassuring.

Time seemed to go by much slower when he wasn't down socializing in the crowd. Maybe as much time hadn't passed as he thought, though. Either way, he began to grow restless, debating if he should be the one to begin this gathering. "I'm gonna, uh..." Smallstar took a few tentative steps forward, casting an uncertain glance over to the other leaders before clearing his throat. He raised his voice and addressed the crowd beneath him. "Good evening, everyone." He stared straight ahead, studying the branches in the trees on the opposite edge of the clearing. It was better to keep his head held high, he supposed. That way he wouldn't have to see the judging gazes of all beneath him. The voices below began to decline into hushed whispers. "Windclan has experienced a change in leadership within the past moon. Now, Tigerdance, my deputy, and I lead. I..." The tom stumbled, struggling to choose words. He wanted to reflect his desire to fix what had been broken, to restore what had been lost. "I intend to right any of Windclan's past wrongs. I hope that this change will lead to an era of... peace." A troubled exhale left his maw as he rethought his words, wondering if he had spoken correctly. He decided that he would leave that as it was.

"Additionally, within the past moon we have had new apprentices. Dustpaw, Quickpaw, and Honeypaw join us this gathering. Please welcome them if you see them." For a moment he lowered his gaze, trying to see if he could pick them out in the crowd. "Windclan has been doing well. Thank you." Smallstar began to grow uneasy, not exactly knowing how to end his segment, or if he was able to set up that of the next leader's. Stepping backwards, he looked at the other leaders with wide eyes, hoping that they would take the spotlight.

The impact of another cat knocked Morningpaw off of his balance, leaving him struggling to keep his footing. By the time he had recovered, his fur was fluffed out, searching his surroundings to find the cat who had bumped into him. Luckily, the cat has spoken up. "Yeah... they are." He remarked, although his tone wasn't bitter. "It's okay, though. I'm Morningpaw." He looked over the other apprentice. "Do you run into other cats often? Just curious."

Morningpaw is talking to Mintpaw

∞ Former Windclan Leader ∞ || Former Site Adminsitrator

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://kiz-mett.carrd.co/
Nerd

Nerd

Characters : Lighttail (SkC), Sunflare (SC), Sageroot (TC), Bianca (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : Lighttail: SkyClan T2 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T4 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 2421

PostSubject: Re: August Gathering 2023   August Gathering 2023 - Page 5 EmptySat 12 Aug 2023 - 13:02

And there he was. “Stoatclaw!” Lighttail called out. “I’m all right, we’ll mostly anyway.” She still had that patch of fur missing between her shoulders and sometimes parts of her body would be numb or tingly, but it could’ve been far worse. “I’m so sorry I haven’t been there! I, um, hope you can forgive me.” There was much more she needed to be forgiven for, but this wasn’t the time or place. “I’ll be there tomorrow if you will.”
Lighttail is talking to Stoatclaw.

Silverwing! Blazefang glimpsed the silver pelt of her former apprentice and bounded over, but Lichenwing beat her to it. Oh well, at least this time she wasn’t interrupting a stranger, or worse, a WindClan cat. “Silverwing!” she called, darting over to say hello. “Long time no see! Lichenwing, this is Silverwing! Best apprentice I ever trained! Silverwing, are these your kiddos?” Blazefang was aware she might be coming on too strong, but she didn’t want to miss her chance yet again.
Blazefang is bubbling at/about Silverwing!
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6041

PostSubject: Re: August Gathering 2023   August Gathering 2023 - Page 5 EmptyMon 14 Aug 2023 - 17:37

As WindClan's new leader spoke up, Leopardsun prepared herself to speak; it was strange: how often had she wished that she was the one addressing the Clans at the Gathering, just to prevent yet more problems, and yet she still felt somehow overwhelmed at the realization that it was now another responsibility to bear.

"ShadowClan has fared well this past moon," she began. "We welcome one of my daughters, Heatherberry, as a fully trained medicine cat. Additionally, we welcome Poppycloud and Beetlechaser as warriors of ShadowClan; and Ravenpaw, Magpiepaw, Skunkpaw, Sagepaw, and Moonpaw as apprentices."

With those more regular announcements covered, she could now discuss the thing she guessed most cats were either wondering at or having some sort of thoughts on.

"There is another matter to address. After the scene that transpired last moon, ShadowClan ruled that Nightstalker was no longer fit to lead, and so the time has come for me to take his place. As I am no longer deputy, that position is now filled by Sablestrike; and I hope that by working together our ShadowClan will remain strong, but not inflexible."

And that left only one thing to mention. One that had been previously discussed with the WindClan leader who had just spoken.

"Lastly, as a gesture of good faith, we release Owlshade to WindClan custody."

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4940

PostSubject: Re: August Gathering 2023   August Gathering 2023 - Page 5 EmptyMon 14 Aug 2023 - 18:25

Mottlestar
“May the stars light our paths.”

"Things seem to be... calming." She was hesitant to state the word to Perchstar, but it ultimately fell from her tongue. Instantly, she seemed to cringe, as if lightning would smite her in that instant for allowing her to even begin considering an era of peace. After the moment of tension, she was forced out of it as the new leader of Windclan stepped forward. Perhaps the first thing that the tortoiseshell truly took into consideration was his stature. Just hardly was he taller than her, and she couldn't help but appreciate a similar representation of size upon the great rock. She had no problem being the smallest, but it felt comforting to have another leader of small might.

With two new leaders at the helm, Mottlestar was pleasantly surprised by their bravery in beginning the gathering. Though, in part, she could understand it was mostly in need to show good faith. A new leaf turning for the Clans that they all led. Giving a nod to both as they ultimately took steps back, Mottlestar herself stepped forward.

"Thunderclan has seen calm since the last gathering, and we continue to appreciate our alliance with Riverclan and Skyclan. We welcome Maplepaw, Flypaw, and Littlepaw into our apprentice's den. Amberblaze, Sageroot, and Peonylight have earned their full names and places as warriors." She let the traditional announcements ring out, before shifting her gaze towards the medicine cats. "Furthermore, we give our sincere welcome, gratitude, and congratulations towards Echosong. He has trained long and hard under Fawnshine's guidance to become a fully-fledged medicine cat of Thunderclan." Pride danced in the eyes of the leader, and there was a gentle tilt to her head in his direction. "That is all."

With that, she took a step back, right in line with the two other mollies she found herself allied with.

code by kiiko • edited by kitty

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: August Gathering 2023   August Gathering 2023 - Page 5 EmptyMon 14 Aug 2023 - 20:20

Soon enough, the Gathering began. To Perchstar's surprise, Smallbean--who introduced himself as Smallstar--began by speaking first. She wouldn't have pegged the tom as a courageous one. Perhaps it was a way to offer amends for his Clan's previous wrongs? Her icy eyes flicked down to the deputys' spot momentarily, seeing the tabby tom who had decried Shrikestar's foolishness in the Gorge skirmish sitting beside Poppyshine. A pleasant surprise. It would take a long time for WindClan to fix their mistakes, but this was indeed a good start. Leopardsun followed next. She either had not yet taken on her suffix, or simply did not bother to address it, so Perchstar was not sure how to amend the name she thought of when looking at the ShadowClan leader. At least the two tom-kits were no longer upon the rock. It seemed that WindClan and ShadowClan were doing their best to mend the bonds with each other as well, given the apparent cessation of hostilities. Thank the stars. I was getting tired of that chaotic mess of a collective tantrum.

Mottlestar spoke next. Perchstar's eyes slid over to her tortoiseshell ally, taking in the sparse words and continued acknowledgement of their arrangement. Once the ThunderClan leader spoke, Perchstar stepped forward next to get her own announcements out of the way. There was thankfully little to be said. "This greenleaf sees RiverClan prospering," she began. "We have welcomed several new apprentices: Pigeonpaw, Snailpaw, Duckpaw, Silentpaw, Scarletpaw, and Violetpaw. We retain our allies and our borders." Nothing else needed to be spoken. She stepped back then, glancing at Birdstar, who was the only remaining leader to speak. Perhaps peace was... achievable. For one night, at least. She certainly hoped so. Constant drama was beginning to wear on her nerves.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2858

PostSubject: Re: August Gathering 2023   August Gathering 2023 - Page 5 EmptyTue 15 Aug 2023 - 12:32

Stormwatcher sat in the back of the gathering his head kept dipping lower and lower every once in awhile before he would set it back up. Eventually it lowered and he let out a quiet snore as he snoozed off to the distant talking of the leaders. He liked gatherings, not because of all the others NOPE! he liked them because he could pass out asleep in the back. The white noise of the distant announcments was comforting to him.

Sprucebark approached the skyclan warrior and greeted him quietly staying quiet enough to not disrupt those around him.

"Stormwatcher? Thanks for saving my pelt earlier this moon" he meowed greatfully.

Stormwatcher jerked awake as he sleepily blinked around "huh??"

"were you asleep?"

"huh what no??!? just resting my eyes for a second is all"

The riverclan warrior rolled his eyes a bit with a quiet chuckle "uh huh"
"oh and sure, couldnt stand to see ya get eaten like that... especially when our clans are alligned and what not he meowed gesturing to the leaders

"Yeah about that... Think I could talk to you about something later?"

That got the big guys attention as he sat up more focused now "uhh okay" he flicked an ear curious but didnt want to show that more than he had to. He gave a casual shrug

"how about meet me by the river a couple nights from now? Right were we met last time?"

"That will work, I appreciate it... and I would appreciate it if we keep that quiet for now too"

Stormwatcher watched the smaller tom cat slip away wondering what in the world just had happened.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1478

PostSubject: Re: August Gathering 2023   August Gathering 2023 - Page 5 EmptyWed 16 Aug 2023 - 4:53

thrushnose

"Hey, no worries! I got it from a little skirmish I had with an owl while training Maplepaw." Thrushnose explained with a chuckle, noticing the hint of excitement in Firefly's voice despite her apparent concern. He felt a little bit better with how she'd admired his scars—though, he only hoped it wouldn't make him look more intimidating to anyone but to predators. He didn't need any more of them interfering with his training lessons with his apprentice.

"Luckily, she didn't get hurt. Only I did, but it's alright." He grinned. He'd gone back without too much of a struggle, and the wound got treated fairly quickly by their clan's medicine cat anyway. "Does it make me look scarier? I hope not." He laughed.

Thrushnose is talking to Firefly!

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2858

PostSubject: Re: August Gathering 2023   August Gathering 2023 - Page 5 EmptyWed 16 Aug 2023 - 6:57

Swiftheart was late to the gathering she looked around happily at all the possible new friends she could make here and started walking around quietly not wanting to interupt anything but also wanting very much to meet someone new as well.

Swiftheart is open to talk too

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Tiny

Tiny

Characters : Living: Goldenfern | Flysnap | Finchspeckle | Berrypaw | Larkpaw | Iakona, Dead: Sagestone | Cloudychase | Valley
Clan/Rank : Thunderclan T5 Warrior | Thunderclan T2 Warrior | Windclan T2 Warrior | WindClan Apprentice | ThunderClan Apprentice | T1 Rouge | Shadowclan T2 Warrior| Thunderclan T2 Warrior | T4 Loner
Number of posts : 495

PostSubject: Re: August Gathering 2023   August Gathering 2023 - Page 5 EmptySun 20 Aug 2023 - 16:36

Goldenfern sat at the edge of the clearing, her tail wrapped around her paws as she listened to the leaders. Flypaw was beside her, his coat carefully groomed so that there was no tufts of fur sticking out as it normally was. Cloudychase, his white coat glowing in the moonlight, sat a few tail-lengths away.

Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2494

PostSubject: Re: August Gathering 2023   August Gathering 2023 - Page 5 EmptyMon 21 Aug 2023 - 19:43

pixel-hourglass-f2u-by-lost-in-ashes-dd0zotaBirdstar

It wasn’t long before ShadowClan and WindClan arrived, and Birdstar was not free from the tension that rippled through the clearing at their arrival. She studied Leopardsun and Smallbean as they took their places on the Great Rock in turn. Tilting her head down to look towards the deputy, she took in the two new pelts below. Finally, Birdstar thought as she lifted her head again. Their squabbling had brought harm to her own; she was grateful to see the volatile toms replaced.

Surprisingly, Smallbean-- no, surely Smallstar now --stepped forward to speak first, his announcements, sparse but heavy. And Leopardsun, or perhaps Leopardstar herself now, followed shortly after. Birdstar allowed her ears to twitch once for each new leader as their addresses took over the clearing’s din. They kept their words simple, but the tension they carried into Fourtrees with them seemed to release with their mutual extensions of good will. Birdstar’s gaze settled on ShadowClan’s leader for a minute, studying. She knew Leopardsun far better than the WindClan tom, though that wasn’t to say they really knew each other. Still, Leopardsun had always been reasonable in their dealings. She hoped that trait, if nothing else, would solidify the tenuous peace being woven tonight.

Mottlestar and Perchstar spoke next, with little to share beyond the announcement of several new names and a nod to their alliance. Birdstar offered each of them a nod and quiet words of commendation for their recent ceremonies before stepping forward to take her own place at the head of the Rock. “As we have for the last several moons, SkyClan continues to prosper,” she began easily, her gaze sweeping over the large sector of the crowd her Clanmates took up. “Prey runs well, and we thrive. Ploverpaw, Sorrelpaw, Bubblepaw, Thymepaw, Jaypaw, Bearpaw, and Mintpaw join us tonight for their first Gathering as apprentices, while Littleflower and Violetsky have earned their full names as warriors. As previously mentioned, our alliance with ThunderClan and RiverClan remains.” Birdstar bowed her head once, issuing a final, “That is all.” before stepping back to take her place among the other leaders and letting chatter resume.

In the back of my mind, you died, and I didn’t even cry.Art credit

Silverpaw

Silverpaw laughed easily at the routine complaints, bracing against the weight that knocked against him. “Sure, sure,” he hummed, tail whisking against Hawkpaw’s flank. “Don’t bristle at me. All I did was ask a question.” He stuck his tongue out and relaxed onto his haunches. It was only a few seconds that Hawkpaw’s attention moved sharply to the side, and he bristled all over again. Silverpaw’s nose wrinkled and he turned toward the sound of approaching pawsteps, watching the tom that padded up to them. He was younger, and reeked of fish. The crease in the bridge of Silverpaw’s muzzle deepened.

His irritation wouldn’t last, though. While Hawkpaw grew more frustrated beside him, Silverpaw lit up immediately at the compliment, stammering as it was. He sat perfectly straight, fluffy tail swishing back and forth over the ground, and he positively beamed at Dovepaw. With all his fangs on display, he looked a little predatory, but the glitter of delight in lichen-colored eyes made up for it.

Something fluttered in his chest at Hawkpaw’s snappishness over him. He’d considered telling the intrusion to run back to his own Clanmates, but a brush to his ego and the persistent desire to drive Hawkpaw to madness swiftly won out. “Don’t mind Pigeon. He keeps burrs in his pelt.” Silverpaw purred and shifted a little closer to the RiverClanner. “I could say the same to you. I don’t think I’ve seen RiverClan’s characteristic sheen until today. And your eyes? My rare opportunity to imagine what the sky looks like at midday." His continued purr rumbled a little deeper in his throat, and his eyes squinted with the breadth of his smile. "Yes, I’m Silverpaw, and I’m pleased to make your acquaintance. I’m sure you’re popular in RiverClan, aren’t you?”

Silverpaw is talking to Hawkpaw and Dovepaw.

Throw my better self overboard, shoot at him when he comes up for air.Art credit

dc467ws-4f57e5ee-a206-4d0a-8261-e3cb0496a605Pigeonpaw

Pigeonpaw gave a pleased little chirp at the compliment to her name, chest puffing out a bit. Her head bobbed enthusiastically along with Bubblepaw’s chatter, though she bit her tongue to keep from interrupting too much, because she wanted to actually process what Bubblepaw was saying instead of losing half of it to her own and others’ chatter. Though she did offer quick answers when prompted, like stretching onto her toes to nod towards the deputies gathered at the Great Rock, tail waving toward the pale calico among them. “That’s Poppyshine! She’s sooooo nice. She’s the best! Well, I bet your uncle’s a pretty good mentor too, actually-- he sounds like one! I wanna meet ‘em someday! Y’gotta show me when ya can actually find ‘im!”

Pigeonpaw was so caught up in the buzz of Bubblepaw’s return energy that she hardly noticed the other cats flanking her closely until they both spoke. A little started by their appearance, she looked between the new arrivals, grin almost faltering until Bubblepaw rushed through their introductions on top of Sorrelpaw providing her own name. Nodding to each of them in turn, Pigeonpaw announced, “Ploverpaw and Sorrelpaw! Bubblepaw’s sisters! SkyClan! Got it! Nice to meet you too!” She blinked warmly at Ploverpaw at that, then looked between each of the sisters crowded around her.

“Well, duh I’m gonna answer if I got answers! That’s the whole point’a these things! And bein’ friends!” She laughed brightly, rocking her weight between paws while she chatted away. “Uhhhhh… nah, I haven’t caught any fish yet, but I bet it’s real real easy! I mean, they got nowhere to go but more water, right? Can’t run or fly ‘way from ya like mice and birds. I’ll be an expert by next Gathering, sure of it! And y’all’ll be expert tree-climbers!” Blue eyes glittered with mischief. “Totally totally! A cultural exchange! We sososososo should. Bet’cha you’ll be the first SkyClanners to catch a fish! Think I’ll be the first RiverClan cat up in the trees? Ohoh, I hope so. Wouldn’t that be cool? Make us, like, legends or somethin’!”

Pigeonpaw shook with another burst of laughter, and when her eyes unsquinted from the force of it, something clicked about an earlier question when she took in the similarities between each of them. “Oh waitwait, Bubble asked me a question when I got distracted by you two! Yeah, I got siblings!” Again, she swelled up with pride. She took a moment to lean around, scanning the clearing for sign of any of her siblings, but she couldn’t spot any of them among the crowd. Briefly she deflated at that, ears and tail lowering, but she perked up quickly when her attention rounded on the trio again. “Lotta’em! Dovepaw an’ Swanpaw an’ Ravenpaw an’ Crowpaw are all my littermates, ‘n’ then there’s Mornin’paw too-- he got adopted by the same folks ‘dopted us, an’ he was born like, right ‘round the same time too, so might as well be our littermate! Oh and then there’s Owlcall too, he’s a warrior-- obviously --an’ he’s not like, really related to us, but his parents are the ones that adopted all the rest’a us! So that’s… six! Got sixbl- six siblings!” Pigeonpaw’s cheeks hurt a little from smiling and laughing so big, but she was having a good time. She was making friends! “I’d probably get in trouble with, like, half’a’em about the whole cultural change thing, but that’s all o-kaykay. It’s totally important! It’ll like, I dunno, help our alliance or somethin’, right? I bet that’s a good ‘nough excuse.”

Pigeonpaw is talking to Bubblepaw, Ploverpaw, and Sorrelpaw.

f2u-risen-by-rilvin-dciueshRookpaw

Rookpaw’s ear flicked in silent consideration of the retort, and they stared down at Littlepaw for a few fleeting moments before inclining their head in a slight nod. “Fair.” They agreed, then bowed their head in another nod when Larkpaw spoke to answer. “Yes. Several. They are tedious affairs. I do not understand your excitement for them.” Rookpaw looked out across the crowd, ears flattening briefly before their attention returned to Littlepaw in front of them. “But. It is good to acquaint ourselves with allies.”

Rookpaw is talking to Larkpaw and Littlepaw.

What if the steps I make turn out to be mistakes? How can someone like me learn to say, “Come what may?”Art credit

dc467ws-4f57e5ee-a206-4d0a-8261-e3cb0496a605Rowansong

Rowansong only chuckled at the grouchiness that arose from his teasing. “Yes, of course. And it was entirely of your own accord that you took up such lessons, if I recall correctly.” There was a lilt to his mew, smothering the sarcasm in rich warmth. Even when Rainfrost wouldn’t face him, Rowansong kept his eyes on him, watching every little shift of weight intently. “And you came to me,” he echoed his greeting trill, tail waving (and briefly brushing Egretswoop’s flank to acknowledge the feathers of her own tail). “But alright, alright. I will keep myself quiet. As quiet as I am capable, at least.”

And he would have been content to leave it, find something else to annoy Rainfrost about, when the SkyClanner was suddenly supplying small talk. A snorting laugh caught in Rowansong’s nose, though it was a reasonable question. “Oh, well, actually! Quite well. RiverClan sees better moons, now. Run ragged with my apprentice, but he is not so bad. We do not get along terribly well, but I am sure we will make progress. He is a good cat, when I remind myself to be patient.” As he spoke of him, Rowansong looked over his shoulder to search for Larkpaw in the crowd. He caught sight of the apprentice easily, and was pleased to see him associating with someone unfamiliar. Smiling faintly, he turned back and hummed, “And yourself? You look quite well, so I do expect to hear good things.”

Rowansong is talking to Rainfrost.

And if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like you’ve been here before?Art credit

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6