Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024]

Go down 
+9
speedy
Ash
downfive
Nerd
Copperbeanz
chicago
Mamenchisaurus
Honey Badger
Holly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nerd

Nerd

Characters : Lighttail (SkC), Sunflare (SC), Sageroot (TC), Bianca (Rogue), Mistypaw (SkC), Minkpaw (TC)
Clan/Rank : Lighttail: SkyClan T3 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T5 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue. Mistypaw: SkyClan Apprentice. Minkpaw: ThunderClan Apprentice.
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 2664

Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024]   Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024] - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Jul 2024 - 13:28

“As long as only one cat has attacked, there is no reason to believe all of WindClan want us dead. I agree that diplomacy be the first option. However, I have a proposal for the event that diplomacy fails. We have lost too many cats to war. If Tigerstar refuses to address the matter, or declares war himself, we should only allow cats to fight who understand that their life is on the line and are truly ready to die for our clan. This does mean that if we must fight then we should strike first. If they attack us, then we will all have no choice but to risk our lives. But for now, my vote is to try talking first. Furthermore, I am willing to be a third pair of eyes at the Gathering. Lilyvalley, Nettleweaver, if you wish for my help all I need is a description and I can at least narrow the crowd for you.”
Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmstorm, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderpaw, [T]Thistlepaw
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T4 Warrior, [E]RiverClan T1 Warrior, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Apprentice, [T]WindClan Apprentice
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2414

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024]   Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024] - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Jul 2024 - 14:06

LILYVALLEY
If we did what was easy
"I'm not saying I want to go to war. Stars, if any cat wants that then they are a fool. What I am saying is that we may be reaching a point where we don't have a choice anymore."

She turned to face Rookfire. She could address Nettleweaver, but that was just begging to start an argument. So Rookfire it was. "If diplomacy would work, then I am all for it. But we've also tried diplomacy before."
Then there wouldn't be anything to live for.
ShadowClan • T4 Warrior • She/Her • #6e174c
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024] - Page 2 Sfr52Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024] - Page 2 Sfr5bQuarter Moon Meeting [June 2024] - Page 2 Sfr5LQuarter Moon Meeting [June 2024] - Page 2 Sfr5KQuarter Moon Meeting [June 2024] - Page 2 Sfr59
Click Icons for Profiles
Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024] - Page 2 SfPQh
Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024] - Page 2 SYgf1
Art by Copper
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : //Living//:[J]uniperhunt, [Q]uillsplash | Bird, [S]corchivy, [L]eopardwind, [C]reamlily, [M]ilkkit //Dead:// Tawnyshadow, Sootstorm, Cinderpaw, Ajex | Palekit, Shatteredsky, Reedshine, Deerleap, Slightfrost, Specklepaw, Sunfire, Copperlark
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan T1 Warrior [Q]ShadowClan T5 Warrior [S]WindClan NPC PermaQueen [L]WindClan T3 Warrior [C]WindClan T2 Warrior [M]RiverClan Kit
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3618

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024]   Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024] - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Jul 2024 - 17:39

I feel like I’m waiting for something that’ll never happen

Of course this had to be about WindClan. A tired sigh escaped Quillsplash as instantly his clanmates erupted into a discussion that really just sounded like an arguement in his ears. This was... a terrible ascept of Clan life, he had to admit. Politics and deplomacy were never his strong suits, but that didn't mean he longed for war. Why couldn't every cat just... mind their own business? But this time, there was something that miffed him too. This intruder had attacked Nettleweaver? Lilyvalley, he couldn't care less about, but the white tom had always been at least nice to him and his son, and was deserving of Quillsplash's gratitude. This WindClanner that had attacked his friend deserved justice. Just this WindClanner, though.

"Leopardstar, in all fairness, I find it unreasonable to place the blame of one cat's faults onto an entire Clan. How do we know if Tigerstar is even aware of this incident? Make no mistake, I am in no way defending WindClan, but would attacking or provoking an entire Clan really be that reasonable? What's to say informing Tigerstar of this event wouldn't be enough to trigger the attacker's exile or punishment? I feel that it is at the very least fair to give WindClan one chance to fix this... rather than provoking them at a Gathering and forcing them to go on the defensive. Not even you would punish a warrior publically at a Gathering, and being demanded to would only result in a stronger refusal to take action." Quillsplash took a deep breath before continueing. "What I'm saying is, an attempt for a peaceful talk should be done, privately, before we decide what to do next. Forcing an affair into the spotlight of all the Clans will only cause emotions to rise faster and higher."

Quillsplash | Bird / Tom / ShadowClan T5 Warrior / #802318
Juniperhunt / She-Cat / ShadowClan T1 Warrior / #b9abb2
Scorchivy / She-Cat / WindClan NPC PermaQueen / #009966
Leopardwind / Tom / WindClan T3 Warrior / #cc9900
Creamlily / She-Cat / WindClan T2 Warrior / #ff6600
Milkkit / Tom / RiverClan Kit / #dbc6ad

Art Commissions | Character Profiles | Plotting | Character Relations | Open Litter | Art Giveaway
Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [V]iperpaw, [P]etalkit, [C]lovermottle, Brackendawn* Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T5 warrior [L] T3 rogue [N] Shadowclan T3 warrior [V] WindClan Apprentice [P] ThunderClan kit [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 2364

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024]   Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024] - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Jul 2024 - 21:09

“I agree with Quillsplash. He said it better than i ever could.” Nettleweaver mewed chipping in once again. He dipped his head to the tortoiseshell tom, blinking gratefully.”Forcing Tigerstar to make his stance in front of the entire forest could very well end up in breaking the sacred peace of the gathering. The warrior that attacked Lilyvalley is not the sort of cat that cares for the laws of the clans with how deep she was on our territory. I also worry that airing such a grievance in front of the other clans will make us seem weak and possibly put a target on our back.” he frowned, catching Silverhawk’s gaze. He didn’t want to appear cowardly, he’d agreed to something and now he was backing out it seemed. His ears fell flat against his head. He should have let the WindClanner finish Lilyvalley off for all the trouble it was now causing him. “If the clan decides the gathering is where we make our stand then I will still find the WindClan cat as promised, but i would rather solve it in a way that keeps our clan safe.”

silverdusk | thunderclan | tier five warrior | 70/200 | #99cc99
louse | rogue | tier three rogue | 55/140 | #669966
nettleweaver | shadowclan | npc tier three warrior | 50/130 | #996666
viperpaw| windclan | apprentice | 20/40 | #b3b300
petalkit | thunderclan | kit | 15/30 | #e6b0aa
clovermottle | RiverClan | npc perma queen | 50/80 | #ff9966

Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024] - Page 2 Giphy

pinterest boards | plotting pages | character profiles | heartchart
Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Laurelriver (La) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 2475

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024]   Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024] - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Jul 2024 - 23:31

Before Rookfire could make a rebuttal, Quillsplash came and said exactly what he was going to say. Thank the stars. "I agree with Quillsplash. One warrior attacked us, which is something that can be dealt with. WindClan stealing the Hidden Outcropping from us is a completely different issue from this."

Turning to Nettleweaver, he nodded. "I think that delaying when you look for the cat who attacked is smart. I think mentioning that a WindClan cat crossed the border at the Gathering should be fine, as long as we avoid accusing WindClan of orchestrating it. I, for one, think that WindClan will see the cat who attacked Lilyvalley like how we saw Redice all those moons ago, and that this can be a point to repair relations between us." If they could get WindClan as a trustable ally, it would be even more valuable than having the Hidden Outcropping. Of course, it would take a lot for the two clans to build a positive rapport, but he could see a world where they began the long, hard process of trusting each other and building an alliance.

That, or they'd be at war again. Unfortunately, that seemed like the easier path to take.

pfp is rookfire, drawn by the amazing xaandiir!

Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024] - Page 2 Image10
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 3093

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024]   Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024] - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 Jul 2024 - 10:08

Swiftheart listened as so many of her clanmates gave their opinion of the matter. Of all the suggestions and ideas thrown out and the arguments made amonst themselves.

She had to admit she liked her adopted son's idea the best. The time for negotiating was not for gatherings, sure, perhaps her sister and her former apprentice could search for the cat at the gathering but to accuse another clan at a gathering gave her great hesitation and for good reason.

She nodded a bit.

"Quillsplash is right, I don't think the gathering is the optimal spot for it if we have a choice" the last thing they needed was more gathering drama in her mind.

as her good friend Rookfire brought up the example of Redice it made her fur stand on end.

Redice was such a traitor and she had watched as her brother had killed him for it.

"Rookfire brings an interesting point... if Skyclan retaliated against all of us just because of Redice's actions and brought war down on us it would have been a disaster... perhaps we should make windclan punish the offender before making our next move? Just as skyclan gave us the option of ... dealing with Redice?"

Her statement was more so a question than a firm belife that this was the best possible way forward.

Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6178

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024]   Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024] - Page 2 EmptySun 7 Jul 2024 - 8:13

i've given up on counting blessings
"If I may," Leopardstar called over the crowd. "It wasn't long ago at all that our own deputy trespassed over the border--something he has since been reprimanded for--and was half-blinded for his faults. I believe I reported to all of you my conversation with WindClan, and their particularly obstinate and unreasonable attitude then. Why, then, should we expect anything different now, when it is our land they have chosen to trespass on?"

Her tail curled around her side, and she struggled to keep it still, the tip flicking slightly. "She was driven off without significant injuries that were not self-inflicted, to my understanding of events. We are not weak, and we must not take assaults and offenses lying down; the risk of conflict is genuine, but I fear we will never have peace so long as these blatant assaults on our Clan persist. Would any of you be singing the same tune of 'wait and see what happens next' if one of ours had been killed? Is that what it will take to spark action? That was clearly the intention behind this trespasser's actions, and it was only quick thinking and the fact that she didn't catch one of us alone that meant she was driven off without that satisfaction."

To keep her tone even was a struggle, to keep herself from hissing the words, but she somehow managed to remain calm and collected. After all, it wasn't her Clan she was furious with: they had acted as needed, and now they were debating what to do as she had requested. But her anger at WindClan, and at the situation as a whole, was so ice-cold that it burned fiery hot, and it felt piercing at the same time.

"Regardless of your feelings on potential conflicts with WindClan, this cat is clearly a danger to the forest as a whole; making this announcement public isn't only to make a point, but to warn the other Clans to be aware of such a threat. We are not the only Clan with which WindClan shares a border. I spoke last moon about how I would not seek allies, but would offer aid to each of the Clans where I could--this is one such case, where something simple we can do will benefit the majority of the forest."

And she liked the other Clans, more or less: she was fond of SkyClan's leadership, had a few reasonable interactions with ThunderClan under their prior leader, and RiverClan had historically been pleasantly polite and distant.

To allow them to be terrorized by this threat when simply commenting on it publicly could serve as warning seemed like risking needless bloodshed elsewhere.

"To clarify, we would not be calling for public punishment, nor making demands of Tigerstar; as tempting as it might be to demand this cat be properly dealt with. We would only be seeking out the cat in question, if she is present, and I would be describing exactly what transpired as it was reported to me. If WindClan takes such great offense to simple statements of fact that they would start a war, then they are only looking for excuses and I doubt anything would be good enough to stay their paw."
the gods can judge me when i'm dead || code (c) kieer

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 3115

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024]   Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024] - Page 2 EmptySun 7 Jul 2024 - 15:40

PINEBLOSSOM
If I could tell you how I feel...

Pineblossom listened patiently to different cats offer up their thoughts, and to Leopardstar explain her own way of looking at things. Pineblossom’s ear twitched, wondering if Leopardstar would be stubborn in her point of view or if she would listen to the opinion of her clan as a whole as she has promised to do before. She hoped for the latter. Leopardstar had not disappointed her yet.

She lifted her chin and spoke. “We have seen what public warnings and calls for information have done. We watched Batsong inform the forest of Nightstar and Mottlestar’s affair. We saw Perchstar call for the identity of a murderer within SkyClan. In both instances, the Gathering devolved and hatred grew. No clan ever takes it well to be publicly exposed for their transgressions. Even if you were to only explain that there was a violent cat in WindClan and not ask for their identity or for punishment, WindClan will react poorly. If you think that they are rude and discourteous when speaking privately, how do you think they would react when you air their dirt in front of the entire forest?”

Pineblossom exhaled through her nose and added, “It is not our job to police the entire forest. Our job is to protect our clan, and we are able to do that by being on the lookout for this cat and inform WindClan of their troublesome clanmate. Warn them—privately—that given the severity of the injuries Lilyvalley and Nettleweaver sustained, we will be even less courteous to their warriors that choose to cross the borders. They are going to react poorly no matter what, but I feel that a public humiliation—because that is what it is, we would be implying that they cannot control their violent clanmates, whether or not that is true—will only infuriate them more. We are without a full medicine cat due to Heatherberry’s disappearance and I want to risk as little retaliation as possible. If that means that other clans are unaware of the issue then that is their problem, and WindClan’s responsibility to deal with.”
...would you know what the words meant?
ShadowClan • T5 Warrior • She/Her • #6699ff
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/200EP
#6abcde
RashoumonT1 Rogue
35HP/80EP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/200EP
PoppystarT5 RiverClan Leader
70HP/200EP
BlazekitWindClan Kit
10HP/20EP
#ff6600
(not pictured)

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards  ❊  Codes
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : //Living//:[J]uniperhunt, [Q]uillsplash | Bird, [S]corchivy, [L]eopardwind, [C]reamlily, [M]ilkkit //Dead:// Tawnyshadow, Sootstorm, Cinderpaw, Ajex | Palekit, Shatteredsky, Reedshine, Deerleap, Slightfrost, Specklepaw, Sunfire, Copperlark
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan T1 Warrior [Q]ShadowClan T5 Warrior [S]WindClan NPC PermaQueen [L]WindClan T3 Warrior [C]WindClan T2 Warrior [M]RiverClan Kit
Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024]   Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024] - Page 2 EmptyMon 8 Jul 2024 - 16:11

Quillsplash's ears flattened as Leopardstar began speaking. Despite the Clan's majority agreeing with his suggestion-- something he hadn't expected-- Leopardstar was still adamant about going ahead with her plan. She was even angrier now, as if the lack of agreement with her idea was making her even more frustrated. Quillsplash wanted to scoff, but knew it wouldn't be the proper thing to do. If she didn't want to listen to her clanmates' ideas and suggestions, why bring all of them here to discuss this? Clearly, they had no say in it; she just wanted to make it seem as if there was. So that in the future, when she messes up at the Gathering or causes even more trouble, she'd have her Clan's word to fall back on. They said...! He could almost hear it in her voice. The longer he stayed in ShadowClan the longer he began to despise the Clan leadership. Heatherberry was decent, quite nice actually, but she was gone now, and Nightpaw hardly counted as leadership. All that was left were these two mouth-rotting cats.

His ear flicked as Pineblossom spoke up for the first time that meeting. Her words largely echoed what everyone else had been saying; keep it out of the Gathering, you'll only cause more trouble. Leopardstar clearly did not realize what airing another Clan's dirt out for everyone to see would look like. He didn't know either of the examples that his mentor brought up, but humiliating another Clan publically would never be taken well. It could be a warning to all other Clans to stay away from ShadowClan, a Clan that brought other Clan's business and shame forward for everyone to see at the smallest slight. Sure, Nettleweaver and Lilyvalley being attacked wasn't small, but if Leopardstar was so scared about keeping her Clan safe then why did she insist on going on the path that promised the most bloodshed? His breath was being wasted here. As such, Quillsplash remained silent, refusing to add further to the arguement.

I wish I could go back in time; not to change anything, but to feel a few things twice.

Juniperpaw blinked, confused and dazed as conversation erupted. Could she even call it that? They sounded so angry, so mean... were these really her clanmates? A quick scan of the crowd revealed that neither Sablestrike nor Hollowgrove were present. Willowpaw was no where to be found. Where was her family? As Leopardstar spoke up again, voice rumbling through the camp like thunder, Juniperpaw's gaze landed on Pineblossom. Mama's friend, and... instinctively, she stumbled over to the older she-cat, and with shame hung her head and closed her eyes shut. She hoped Pineblossom would embrace her and make all the noises stop. She didn't know why she came today; these meetings were never peaceful, but today-- the anger in which everyone was addressed-- it made her want to cry. Pineblossom was speaking, saying something to Leopardstar. Juniperpaw wish she wouldn't, but what right did she even have to seek comfort from the warrior? Perhaps simply she was a familiar face, a kind spirit that her Mama had told her about. She would be safe with Pineblossom, right? Where was Mama, anyway? She could've sworn she heard Swiftheart's voice earlier, in the chaos.

Art Commissions | Character Profiles | Plotting | Character Relations | Open Litter | Art Giveaway
Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [V]iperpaw, [P]etalkit, [C]lovermottle, Brackendawn* Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T5 warrior [L] T3 rogue [N] Shadowclan T3 warrior [V] WindClan Apprentice [P] ThunderClan kit [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 2364

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024]   Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024] - Page 2 EmptyMon 8 Jul 2024 - 19:10

Nettleweaver sucked on his lip. He was not feeling particularly pleased with Leopardstar’s words and it seemed everyone seemed to think he’d been attacked by WindClan too. That was misinformation, he hadn’t been touched and he’d driven her off. He had saved Lilyvalley, and this idea made him look weak. Before it hadn’t bothered him, he could correct these rumour privately, but now that Leopardstar was adamantly sticking to her foolish idea about the gathering. Just when he thought that maybe she wasn’t as badger-headed and useless as he had thought, she had to go and prove him wrong. The white tom inhaled deeply, nostrils flaring. Pineblossom was, just like at Lilyvalley’s ceremony, standing up for the right thing. He had no clue what her examples were, but his whiskers twitched in intrigue and if they could help sway the leader’s mind he liked them all the better for it. He glanced to Quillsplash, hoping to catch his reaction at being shutdown so quickly. Nettleweaver understood how it felt, and he could sense the disappointment washing off his friend. Perhaps there was some anger in his gaze too, and that please him. It would be nice to have a friend again that also disliked ShadowClan’s leadership.

Now though. he wasn’t sure if he should speak up. He’d just gotten himself into okay standing with Leopardstar, but his clanmates were disagreeing with her, and he also hated her idea. For once, they might like him for being him, and speaking his truth. ”Is that not just the same idea we rejected that you’re putting forward again, Leopardstar? It doesn’t matter what we say or phrase it as, there are still implications. We have an image to uphold.” His whiskers twitched, unable to resist being petty especially if he could use it as a point “Also, if you are going to make a public accusation, make sure your facts are correct; Lilyvalley was attacked, not me. I heard the commotion and intervened, but the WindClanner did not touch a single hair on me. The WindClanner attacked one warrior, not two. If we tell everyone what happened at least make sure it is truthful.” he added

silverdusk | thunderclan | tier five warrior | 70/200 | #99cc99
louse | rogue | tier three rogue | 55/140 | #669966
nettleweaver | shadowclan | npc tier three warrior | 50/130 | #996666
viperpaw| windclan | apprentice | 20/40 | #b3b300
petalkit | thunderclan | kit | 15/30 | #e6b0aa
clovermottle | RiverClan | npc perma queen | 50/80 | #ff9966

Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024] - Page 2 Giphy

pinterest boards | plotting pages | character profiles | heartchart
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpatch [H]oneypaw [C]loudjumper // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Brackenwing, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T4 Warrior [B] SC/T2 Warrior [H] SkC/App [C] WC/T3 Warrior
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 6040

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024]   Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024] - Page 2 EmptyTue 9 Jul 2024 - 10:43

Briarpaw had been a bit late to the meeting, and sat quietly near the apprentice's den as it unfolded. Her ears flattened in clear dismay at both Lilyvalley's injuries and the calls for war. Why was Windclan so bent on trespassing and maiming Shadowclan warriors? Would Tigerstar truly not see reason if Leopardstar approached him privately, necessitating the need for a more public display of something that should have remained between two clans?

As opposed to violence as she was, anger burned beneath the surface too. Lilyvalley, Sablestrike, Nettleweaver... They hadn't deserved to be attacked, even if Sablestrike had trespassed once. It seemed that Windclan were unused to solving their problems with words, and she didn't know if that would change. From the words of her clanmates, Briarpaw didn't think so.

Briarpaw listened quietly as her clanmates spoke up and debated among themselves. She had not really gone near Shadowclan's borders much herself, and certainly not Windclan's, so how could she possibly chime in on this discussion? Larkshine had taught her everything she needed to know, and right now she knew that her opinion would be woefully inadequate if she were to attempt to insert herself into the conversation. Privately she agreed with Pineblossom's words, though the idea of backlash from Windclan over even private discussions kept her ears pinned to her skull.

SkC Leader | Profiles | Plotting

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
SwandiveRC
T4 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpatchSC
T2 Warrior
#867b6b
HoneypawSkC
App
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudjumper [Bonus]WC
T3 Warrior
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
Stoneheart [Perma NPC]SkC
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Brackenwing, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6178

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024]   Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024] - Page 2 EmptyTue 9 Jul 2024 - 14:15

i've given up on counting blessings
When Pineblossom spoke, Leopardstar closed her eyes to take in the words. Right, that was what she needed: her fury, powerful as it was, was pointless without something to guide it; she had appointed her council for a reason, and Pineblossom was the only cat on it that could successfully do what she needed. Not that she disrespected the newer members, of course not, but Pineblossom had the power to make her listen, without even really trying.

(It truly was a wonder what a friend's words could do.)

She knew she was bitter and angry, stubborn and prone to attacking on instinct. It took a lifetime of going against that instinct to make herself a calm, collected counterpart--be that to Vipershade's ego, may his soul find no peace in the stars, or Sablestrike's pessimistic attitude.

Pineblossom was where she was for a reason: to make her see reason. To help her see clearly and to actually listen, rather than blinding herself with her pride.

She turned her attention very briefly to Nettleweaver, who started with a valid criticism--she had just put forth the same thing, worded slightly differently, and it was a mistake to push for conflict; but then it devolved into him complaining that people thought he had also been attacked and she tuned his self-centered arrogance out completely to focus on those with something of substance to say, as well as what had already been said.

"...That is true," she acknowledged, nodding in Pineblossom's direction. "A point that was, to an extent, also raised by Quillsplash. Swiftheart makes a good point as well. I apologize for getting ahead of myself, but I ask that you please understand my anger." It was a struggle, to phrase her thoughts in a way that was calm and collected when she felt anything but. "I care deeply for my Clanmates, and I am easily angered when harm comes to our own. But while that anger has a place, I do realize it doesn't belong in an inter-Clan discussion. I may not agree with every cat's consensus, but I know my place as leader; and I know that I pledged myself to listen to all of you. The matter will be addressed privately, as allowing it to stand uncontested is thoroughly unacceptable--we nearly lost a Clanmate. But how do we even begin to discuss such a thing, when previous attempts at diplomacy with WindClan have gone so poorly?"

Though Quillsplash's words did irk her slightly. Who was he to assume she wouldn't publicly punish one of her own warriors at a Gathering, were they to do something worthy of it? She would at the very least seriously consider it: such humiliation would, ideally, serve to dissuade them from doing something so stupid again. But she was already on the wrong end of too many cats' thoughts tonight, and she knew that particular statement would likely earn her no favors.

The leader flicked one ear toward some of the older warriors. "Those among you old enough to recall Redice's execution for a similar offense: he, too, was one cat out of an entire Clan. I feel that would go as poorly as anything, but perhaps something along those lines... Punishment, not execution. But this must be addressed. With at least an attempt at diplomacy, certainly, but an offense this severe must be dealt with. It will be a discussion between myself and Tigerstar, but I will hear advice on how it should be approached."
the gods can judge me when i'm dead || code (c) kieer

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024]   Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024] - Page 2 EmptyTue 9 Jul 2024 - 17:18

Naturally, it was Pineblossom that Leopardstar listened to. The new members of the council seemed to hold as little say as their fellow non-council-member clanmates. Quillsplash bore no ill intention or feelings towards his former mentor; what she spoke of was true, and if she could persuade Leopardstar to stop her nonsense, who was he to refuse to let her? Still, Leopardstar couldn't be more obvious about the fact that she clearly held some cats in higher regard than others. It was almost as if she were not their leader, but their ruler, picking and choosing which of them she would value and which she would disregard without a care. It made his blood boil; a familiar feeling that had resulted in several major mistakes, if he could even call them that, so he would not entertain it. Leopardstar's honor was not worth his place in ShadowClan.

And though he knew that should he answer her question with suggestions, she would only disregard it as she had disregarded his suggestions until Pineblossom spoke up, saying something that was almost the same if not just an elaboration. She had dismissed Swiftheart, Nettleweaver and Rookfire agreeing with another warrior's point with such ease and anger that it was almost a given that she would not care whatever words he chose to say. And despite all that, he had to say something. If not for Leopardstar then for an attempt to help his friends.

"I am not aware if this has been tried before, as I have never taken part in discussions for these matters before, but has there been any chance that a private meeting has been arranged? A meeting between leaders, on nuetrel territory-- fourtrees, on a night where there isn't a Gathering-- with two warriors accompanying each leader. Perhaps Tigerstar would feel less pressured to... hold on to his pride? I am not sure what goes on in the WindClan leader's head, but I refuse to belief he is truly beyond reasoning. Why not... ask for the Hidden Outcropping in return for this transgression? It would be a fair trade to let WindClan keep the attacker unpunished."

Would that be enough? He wasn't sure. There were so many things that needed to be said, he felt incapable of saying anything at all. The tortoiseshell tom looked over at Pineblossom, wondering what the older warrior would say. If anything, Leopardstar's decision would be dependent on the she-cat's choice of words. Quillsplash stifled a sigh. Sometimes, he wondered how Leopardstar had become leader. They said the leader before her had been worse-- had a forbidden romance with another leader and sired a litter-- so he supposed that was his answer.

Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Characters : Lighttail (SkC), Sunflare (SC), Sageroot (TC), Bianca (Rogue), Mistypaw (SkC), Minkpaw (TC)
Clan/Rank : Lighttail: SkyClan T3 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T5 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue. Mistypaw: SkyClan Apprentice. Minkpaw: ThunderClan Apprentice.
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 2664

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024]   Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024] - Page 2 EmptyThu 11 Jul 2024 - 10:32

Sunflare shook his head. “With all due respect for my fellow warrior, I do not believe we can use the Hidden Outcropping as a bargaining chip at this time. This rogue warrior’s actions are unacceptable, but I was once the same kind of cat, a cat who cared little for others. If I were in their paws, and a rival clan tried for the Hidden Outcropping over it, I would’ve used that to my advantage.

If we demand the Outcropping, the warrior has an easy cover-up. They could argue that we framed them for the purpose of taking the territory, and we would have no proof otherwise.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024]   Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Quarter Moon Meeting [June 2024]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2