Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The Help Thread

Go down 
+13
Nerd
Kitty
Neogoryth
Romantica
Kaybug
Reaper King
cocoa
Tiny
cotton
isla
Holly
Kaito
Staff Team
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Staff Team

Staff Team

Number of posts : 53

The Help Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Help Thread   The Help Thread EmptySun 26 Mar 2023 - 14:12

Whether you're a new member, an experienced member, or a returning member, we can all use a little direction sometimes. Occasionally rules change, new systems are added, or things aren't written clearly, and it can be hard to keep up. Here is where you can go to ask for help!

Before you ask a question, check this quick FAQ below to see if the question is answered in an existing guide:

How do I make a new topic?

The Help Thread Wccnew12
When you click on a board, check for the button above (a tabby with yellow-green eyes with white text that says "new topic") at the top left of the list of topics on the board.
How do I become a Kit / Apprentice / Warrior?
In order to "rank up", as we call it on WCC, you have to fulfill certain roleplay requirements. The Rank System thread has all the information you need about what you need to do. Once you've filled out the right achievements, you'll go to the Ceremonies board of your character's Clan. On that board will be a thread entitled [name]Clan Ceremony Request thread. Post there with the requirements filled out and your Clan's leadership will take care of the rest!
How do Stun/Pin moves work?
If you're having trouble understanding some of the battle moves from the Battle System, I recommend taking a look at our Battle System Tutorial. It helps to explain difficult moves step by step.

In short, though, a stun does damage to the victim and keeps them from being able to act for 1-2 turns, and the attacker is able to make different attacks during that time. A pin, while it also does damage and keeps the victim from moving for 1-2 turns, also traps the attacker, and they must continue to use the pin move until it's over.

If your question wasn't answered above, or you aren't sure where to find the answer you need, please ask here! This thread is for staff members only to answer questions that the roleplayers may have. If the thing you need help with is a private matter, private message a staff member instead.

Please don't bump your question; we'll make sure you get a response! If you need an answer quickly, we recommend joining our Discord and using the #help-desk channel.

Kaito

Characters : Fishkit
Clan/Rank : kit
Sagittarius Dog
Number of posts : 5

The Help Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Help Thread   The Help Thread EmptyTue 28 Mar 2023 - 1:19

Hello! Is there a BB coding guide I could use?

The Help Thread D8ax4z7-da7f8359-c57c-4b91-b9e0-c06e8ccee9a6.gif?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEyM2Q2NzRiLWVjM2EtNDhkNi05NzRlLTY3MzVkNmE2MjMyMFwvZDhheDR6Ny1kYTdmODM1OS1jNTdjLTRiOTEtYjllMC1jMDZlOGNjZWU5YTYuZ2lmIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6022

The Help Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Help Thread   The Help Thread EmptyWed 29 Mar 2023 - 15:24

Kaito wrote:
Hello! Is there a BB coding guide I could use?
"

I don't believe we have one anywhere on site!

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
isla

isla

Clan/Rank : RiverClan/apprentice
Number of posts : 316

The Help Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Help Thread   The Help Thread EmptyTue 25 Apr 2023 - 19:51

may i return my cat to the forest? i have a lost windclan apprentice called rosepaw i'd like to return home <3
Back to top Go down
cotton
Former Staff
Former Staff
cotton

Characters : [S]mallstar [A]stershine [J]ayfrost [F]allowpaw ----- DECEASED: Robinloft Clementine Elsa, Morningpaw,
Libra Dog
Number of posts : 2016

The Help Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Help Thread   The Help Thread EmptyTue 25 Apr 2023 - 20:55

Yes! Since Rosepaw never officially died, she may return :]

∞ Former Windclan Leader ∞ || Former Site Adminsitrator

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://kiz-mett.carrd.co/
isla

isla

The Help Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Help Thread   The Help Thread EmptyWed 17 May 2023 - 16:57

okay i'm a little confused... why lock down the topic rather than just approve the characterConfused it seems like a needless inconvenience for everyone, no? let me know if this is not the case, but there is no reason this cat would be completely disallowed, is there? 

if there are any specific changes needed, i'm happy to edit it and my in-character post. 👍

sorry, Confused who knew there was so much red tape No xD Laughing <3
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6022

The Help Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Help Thread   The Help Thread EmptyWed 17 May 2023 - 17:22

The creation is still under consideration for approval by staff, but violating the established Code of Conduct will result in consequences. All users are expected to read and understand the site rules, and are held to the same standard. Rule #7 clearly states that you may only roleplay as your approved cats. Given that that rule was violated, the topic in question was locked and a notice given- the creation hasn't been approved, and so the character is not allowed to be played until it is.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
isla

isla

The Help Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Help Thread   The Help Thread EmptyWed 17 May 2023 - 17:46

Holly wrote:
The creation is still under consideration for approval by staff, but violating the established Code of Conduct will result in consequences. All users are expected to read and understand the site rules, and are held to the same standard. Rule #7 clearly states that you may only roleplay as your approved cats. Given that that rule was violated, the topic in question was locked and a notice given- the creation hasn't been approved, and so the character is not allowed to be played until it is.

apologies. then, may i suggest it is more clearly stated in the code of conduct or the creation rules and template? i did not intend to violate the rules. i was reading through the rules to find where the rule was that i had broken and it was not clear until you explained it here. 

the explanation for rule #7 is "No extra characters outside the ones you've made creations for, unless..."
the character rules similarly explain restrictions for the number of characters allowed so, i had misunderstood based on these two explanations that rule #7 was about the number of characters a role-player is approved to have ~ since this can vary due to specific circumstances as explained in the character rules.

maybe it's only me, but it may be helpful to clearly explain somewhere that a character's creation must be approved by a member of staff before you are allowed to post in-character. as it is, rule #7 only clearly explains about extra characters and states you must make a creation for a character ~ but not about the process of consideration and approval by staff.

i did not realise staff consideration of a character was so extremely strict. i understand that rule now. apologies.

though, i am still confused as to why the response was to reprimand with consequences, rather than simply clarify the rule and approve the creation? is there really so much consideration needed for such an average cat? is there actually something that needs to be changed in the creation or is the only intention here to reprimand? i may have misunderstood the rule, and i appreciate the clarification in the creation topic, but i don't understand the severe response to something that is not morally wrong but simply a minor misunderstanding?  Confused 

if i'm honest, i'm confused and hurt by the reaction.
Back to top Go down
isla

isla

The Help Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Help Thread   The Help Thread EmptyWed 17 May 2023 - 22:44

Holly wrote:
The reason Lavenderkit hasn't been approved is that based on the description given (not having use of his back legs) it is incredibly unlikely he would be able to be apprenticed and even less plausible that he would somehow become a warrior. RiverClan's camp is an island, and he wouldn't be able to swim to leave it (and wouldn't be able to defend himself even if he could somehow make his way into the rest of the territory, most of which likewise requires swimming to navigate)- such a disability would directly impact his ability to live within RiverClan at all, and even if it were another clan it would still be incredibly crippling.

To clarify: this is not an 'average cat'. This is a cat who would likely struggle to survive in any situation other than as a housepet.

Disabilities are allowed on WCC (there have been several blind, deaf, mute, three-legged, and otherwise disabled cats; hence the existence of the disabled stat system), but severe disabilities such as this one undergo special consideration by staff over whether the cat in question would reasonably be able to live in the wild. Lavenderkit would likely be permanently unable to leave RiverClan's camp, and would never progress past the rank of kit.

about this message, i've discovered something that i believe is reason for staff to reconsider the approval of lavenderkit's creation, and that is:

hickorypaw of riverclan injured his spine and back legs in the latest site-wide plot. it seems that, because of this injury, hickorypaw doesn't have use of his back legs like lavenderkit.

this character appears to be allowed, having been posted in the latest activity check and role-played since without the use of his back legs or tail.

it was suggested that a cat would not be able to survive with such an injury, especially not in riverclan, but hickorypaw is surviving in riverclan.

i did not intend to double up, but i am still happy to have discovered this. if all users are held to the same standard, as you said, then there is no reason not to approve lavenderkit.
Back to top Go down
Tiny

Tiny

Characters : Living: Goldenfern | Flysnap | Finchspeckle | Berrypaw | Larkpaw | Iakona, Dead: Sagestone | Cloudychase | Valley
Clan/Rank : Thunderclan T5 Warrior | Thunderclan T2 Warrior | Windclan T2 Warrior | WindClan Apprentice | ThunderClan Apprentice | T1 Rouge | Shadowclan T2 Warrior| Thunderclan T2 Warrior | T4 Loner
Number of posts : 492

The Help Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Help Thread   The Help Thread EmptyThu 18 May 2023 - 6:44

I noticed that its taking a very long time for cat creations to get approved, the oldest without reply being Copperbean's Copperkit, made 5/5/2023, its been over two weeks since and still has not received a reply. Other topics afterwards with the exception of a few have all received no reply. Is there a reason why certain creations have not been approved while others have, and can we be notified of these reasons? I'm just really confused about whether there is something wrong with my own character creation topic, and if I should change anything.

Former Staff
Former Staff
cotton

Characters : [S]mallstar [A]stershine [J]ayfrost [F]allowpaw ----- DECEASED: Robinloft Clementine Elsa, Morningpaw,
Libra Dog
Number of posts : 2016

The Help Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Help Thread   The Help Thread EmptyThu 18 May 2023 - 20:41

Apologies! There is no reason besides that staff has slipped up, which isn't okay! We will do better in the future, sorry for any delay on creation approval. All pending creations have received a reply and have been added to the allegiances, had they been approved.

∞ Former Windclan Leader ∞ || Former Site Adminsitrator

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://kiz-mett.carrd.co/
isla

isla

The Help Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Help Thread   The Help Thread EmptyThu 18 May 2023 - 20:57

excuse me, what is the continued delay with lavenderkit's creation? all others have been approved except for one needing small changes.

if there is an ongoing discussion among staff re: disability, i'd like some information, please. i've never seen a creation have this kind of difficulty being approved, so i am a bit hurt and confused.

especially since there are other approved disabled cats and even one in the same clan with a similar condition as lavenderkit.

i don't understand what the issue is? do staff have an issue with me personally and if so, please tell me; may we discuss it?
Back to top Go down
isla

isla

The Help Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Help Thread   The Help Thread EmptyFri 19 May 2023 - 5:33

it feels like staff is blocking my opportunities to play?

every other creation got a response from staff, either approving it or stating small changes needed for approval, except lavenderkit’s.

i don’t understand why lavenderkit is under consideration ~ he is within the scope of the site rules, of the books, and of current role-play. it feels like there was an expectation that i hadn’t properly thought about it and would be dissuaded?

things much more wild are regularly approved by staff, than a cat without the use of his back legs existing in riverclan and living a relatively average life ~ something that was already approved for a different user. i’ve really wanted to not take it personally, but i just don’t know how else to take this?

everyone is supposed to play by the same rules, but in reality a situation like this one feels unfair and personal. it seems there is a big inequality in creative power on the site. some users seem to have the consistent approval to do almost anything they like, while others are allowed less.

it feels like the voting for windclan mca was like that. while there was a first to 8 recommendations, it felt like it was already over before that with the recommendation from both administrators. it was close, with 8 each at the time of the staff announcement, but it didn’t feel like every vote was actually worth the same ~ the staff who get to decide in the end anyway had already made up their minds. it feels like because of staff’s involvement in the voting process, i never stood a chance.

it feels like a few people keep a lot of the power. giving the windclan mca position to the last shadowclan leader, feels like an inequality of power, too. rather than giving someone else a chance to get a high rank position.

and even when it’s not a high rank position, and it’s just lavenderkit… it feels unequal.

it’s difficult to role-play without the special favour of the higher-ups. i might be being selfish right now and i might be the only one who feels this way ~ but just in case i’m not, and i can stop others from feeling helpless like this, i’m raising this concern. thank you for reading.
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2302

The Help Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Help Thread   The Help Thread EmptyFri 19 May 2023 - 8:01

heyyyyy!

question: if a cat is purposefully holding back, is there any way to reflect that other than disadvantaged stats? Could I drop Dawn’s stats in a spar down to apprentice and have her move damage reflect that, as long as I didn’t change back in the middle of the fight? Likewise, could I purposefully reduce (my own cat, of course)’s hunting chances down more significantly for a certain kind of prey, and would that still count as using the hunting system for reqs?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9978

The Help Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Help Thread   The Help Thread EmptyFri 19 May 2023 - 13:16

I believe both of those things would be fine! As long as it's not a permanent change at least for battle stats. For the prey, as long as the harder hunting range is established at the beginning of the topic you should be fine to do that.

Windclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Thunderclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1 ✦ Kit

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Help Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Help Thread   The Help Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Help Thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next