Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The Help Thread [Archived]

Go down 
+46
Snickerdoodle
Romantica
Panthera
Alex
Beenettle
Maple
downfive
zenpaii
Ripped
AverageAxolotl
Moths in the Sky
Frogsarecool
Lilystorm
kjSage
Gellybean
Copperbeanz
sprout
MichutheDuck
Aspen
Blue
Mosspelt
Triangle
cocoa
Fire (Left the site)
deer
Muggy
Grizzly
Wavedream623
Spooksjolly
JJ
khamosa
WildHunt
Mintkit
Lapis
A Friend
Sklee
Green'Heart
Ankle
Falcarolwing
Cays
PandaPi
cotton
Stormy
FireDaisy
KatzJump
sumashira
50 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

The Help Thread [Archived] Empty
PostSubject: The Help Thread [Archived]   The Help Thread [Archived] EmptyTue 8 Oct 2019 - 19:46

Whether you're a new member, an experienced member, or a returning member, we can all use a little direction sometimes. Occasionally rules change, new systems are added, or things aren't written clearly, and it can be hard to keep up. Here is where you can go to ask for help!

Before you ask a question, check this quick FAQ below to see if the question is answered in an existing guide:

How do I make a new topic?

The Help Thread [Archived] Wccnew12
When you click on a board, check for the button above (a tabby with yellow-green eyes with white text that says "new topic") at the top left of the list of topics on the board.
How do I become a Kit / Apprentice / Warrior?
In order to "rank up", as we call it on WCC, you have to fulfill certain roleplay requirements. The Rank System thread has all the information you need about what you need to do. Once you've filled out the right achievements, you'll go to the Ceremonies board of your character's Clan. On that board will be a thread entitled [name]Clan Ceremony Request thread. Post there with the requirements filled out and your Clan's leadership will take care of the rest!
How do Stun/Pin moves work?
If you're having trouble understanding some of the battle moves from the Battle System, I recommend taking a look at our Battle System Tutorial. It helps to explain difficult moves step by step.

In short, though, a stun does damage to the victim and keeps them from being able to act for 1-2 turns, and the attacker is able to make different attacks during that time. A pin, while it also does damage and keeps the victim from moving for 1-2 turns, also traps the attacker, and they must continue to use the pin move until it's over.

If your question wasn't answered above, or you aren't sure where to find the answer you need, please ask here! This thread is for staff members only to answer questions that the roleplayers may have. If the thing you need help with is a private matter, private message a staff member instead.

Please don't bump your question; we'll make sure you get a response! :) If you need an answer quickly, we recommend joining our Discord and using the #help-desk channel.
Back to top Go down
deer

deer

Taurus Rat
Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: The Help Thread [Archived]   The Help Thread [Archived] EmptyWed 15 Jan 2020 - 5:47

How do you color text?

#44B3C7

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

PostSubject: Re: The Help Thread [Archived]   The Help Thread [Archived] EmptyWed 15 Jan 2020 - 7:03

At the top of the response window should be a bar that looks like this:

The Help Thread [Archived] Color_10

To get your text colored, you can do one of two options. You can either select the color you want it to be and then type, or you can select the text you want to color and then do this next step, whichever one is easiest for you. You'll go to the button shown below, and then choose your color from the options that come up. All you have to do is click on the color you desire.

The Help Thread [Archived] Color_11
The Help Thread [Archived] Color_12

If you have the BBC code showing, it should look something like this, but without the spaces in the brackets. [ color=#ff9900]"Insert text here"[ /color]. The color hex code (in this example, ff9900) relates to the color you picked. Each color has it's own unique code, so it may be a good idea to write down the text color you used for reference - I have mine in my signature  Very Happy Hamu

I hope this helps!

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

The Help Thread [Archived] Giphy
Back to top Go down
deer

deer

Taurus Rat

PostSubject: Re: The Help Thread [Archived]   The Help Thread [Archived] EmptyWed 15 Jan 2020 - 7:05

I don’t have that bar up top- it might be because I’m on mobile. Should I switch to the web version?

#44B3C7

Back to top Go down
deer

deer

Taurus Rat

PostSubject: Re: The Help Thread [Archived]   The Help Thread [Archived] EmptyWed 15 Jan 2020 - 7:06

Yep! When I switched to the web version it worked! Thanks so much!

#44B3C7

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: The Help Thread [Archived]   The Help Thread [Archived] EmptyWed 15 Jan 2020 - 7:08

Ah, yes, that's probably why. I'm not entirely sure how to do it on the mobile version, as I use the web version on my cell phone. Personally, I prefer the web version on my phone, but if you want to stay on the mobile version I can try to get you a better answer!

I'm so glad it worked for you, if you want an answer regarding the cell version please let me know and I'll get an answer to you ASAP!

ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
deer

deer

Taurus Rat

PostSubject: Re: The Help Thread [Archived]   The Help Thread [Archived] EmptyWed 15 Jan 2020 - 9:22

It’s alright for now. I actually do like the web version now that I looks around.

#44B3C7

Back to top Go down
KatzJump

KatzJump

Characters : Maplewhisker | Willowbreeze | Jaggedkit | Cloverfrost
Clan/Rank : WC T4 Warrior | RC T2 Warrior | SKC Kit | RC Elder
Capricorn Rooster
Number of posts : 381

PostSubject: Re: The Help Thread [Archived]   The Help Thread [Archived] EmptyWed 15 Jan 2020 - 10:06

When I got the starting PM, it told me to copy the form, but I could not see the form.  I am unsure of what to do.  Could someone help me? Confused
Back to top Go down
deer

deer

Taurus Rat

PostSubject: Re: The Help Thread [Archived]   The Help Thread [Archived] EmptyWed 15 Jan 2020 - 16:32

Another thing 😂, how do you have a signature?

#44B3C7

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: The Help Thread [Archived]   The Help Thread [Archived] EmptyWed 15 Jan 2020 - 18:59

KatzJump wrote:
When I got the starting PM, it told me to copy the form, but I could not see the form.  I am unsure of what to do.  Could someone help me? Confused

The form can be found following the link for the Character Creation that's in the welcoming PM, it's not actually in the PM itself. Here's the link to the page for you again, and you copy the form that's in the code to fill out In Love Hamu

Character Creation

@Deerleap55 Your signature can be found under your profile. If you click the link in the top bare of the page that says Profile, you open to your personal settings. In there you can click on the Signature tab, which will being up the options for you to have in your signature. I don't have any screenshots at the moment unfortunately, but I hope that helps!

Back to top Go down
KatzJump

KatzJump

Capricorn Rooster

PostSubject: Re: The Help Thread [Archived]   The Help Thread [Archived] EmptyThu 16 Jan 2020 - 6:05

How do you figure out your parents?

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: The Help Thread [Archived]   The Help Thread [Archived] EmptyThu 16 Jan 2020 - 7:53

You can take a look at any open litters in the Parent Finder thread (Click Me!) and submit your approved cat for the litter. If accepted, they will be your parents. Otherwise, you are more than welcome to use NPC parents that won't be roleplayed at all!

Back to top Go down
KatzJump

KatzJump

Capricorn Rooster

PostSubject: Re: The Help Thread [Archived]   The Help Thread [Archived] EmptyThu 16 Jan 2020 - 10:23

How do you join a rp?

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: The Help Thread [Archived]   The Help Thread [Archived] EmptyThu 16 Jan 2020 - 14:10

If you want to join in an ongoing topic, first you should look to see if it is an open or closed topics. Open topics will usually have something in the description of the topic or in the first post, saying that it is open. So long as it has not been a month since the last post, you are free to post in it! However, if it is past the one month mark, or if it is marked as a closed topic (and you are not among the members specified) then you will not be able to post in it.

You are also more than welcome to start your own open topics for anyone to join if they're able! Since you're now in the Discord, you can put it in the topic-post-spam channel and invite people to join you!  In Love Hamu

Back to top Go down
FireDaisy

FireDaisy

Characters : Dapplekit (D)
Clan/Rank : Skyclan Kit (D)
Libra Goat
Number of posts : 2679

PostSubject: Re: The Help Thread [Archived]   The Help Thread [Archived] EmptyThu 16 Jan 2020 - 15:08

(If i get in trouble for this sorry)

My important question on being back is.... Do you do art request moss I have been looking and cant find any open artists

10/30

Skyclan
Back to top Go down
https://firedaisy365.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Help Thread [Archived]   The Help Thread [Archived] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Help Thread [Archived]
Page 1 of 17Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next