Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Overdue Explanation[O]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living:[J]uniperpaw, [Q]uillsplash, [L]eopardkit | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan Apprentice [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior [L]WindClan Kit
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3232

Overdue Explanation[O] Empty
PostSubject: Overdue Explanation[O]   Overdue Explanation[O] EmptyWed 28 Feb 2024 - 2:23

You can’t fix the past, but you can change the future.

Sootstorm and Tigerstar were forced to reconsider their next course of actions after Leopardstar's visit. While Perchstar may not be as thick-headed or arrogant(or rude) as Leopardstar, they weren't going to sit around and give RiverClan a reason to be mad. And so, Sootstorm had been assigned the task of visiting RiverClan to explain to Perchstar the change in borders to Perchstar, apologise for the late message, and discuss how things would go from there. He hoped he would handle this situation better than he did with ShadowClan. WindClan needed friends, not more enemies, in order to go stronger, and as deputy his only task was to ensure that his Clan regained its strength as swiftly and effectively as possible. This meant trying to be friendly with the other Clans, and though he wouldn't admit it, he was looking forward to meeting the RiverClan deputy and leader. He had seen them and heard of them, but never shared so much as a word with them. He prayed that they would be better than Leopardstar and Sablestrike had turned out to be. The dappled tom stopped just before the border, tail flicking from side to side as he awaited the arrival of a patrol. Before long, the scent of RiverClan warriors reached him, and as the patrol came into sight he thought he recognised a few pelts. Once within hearing distance, he dipped his head, and mewed politely, "Greetings. I'm here looking to speak with Perchstar."

Quillsplash | Bird / Tom / ShadowClan T4 Warrior / #802318
Juniperpaw / She-Cat / ShadowClan Apprentice / #B9ABB2
Leopardkit / Tom / WindClan Kit / #cc9900

Art Requests | Character Profiles
Back to top Go down
Two

Two

Characters : Scorchlight | ✝️ Hazelpaw | ✝️ Brightsplit | ✝️ Cedarpaw | Ivypaw | Mistypaw
Clan/Rank : Riverclan T4 warrior | Thunderclan apprentice | T1 rogue | Windclan apprentice
Aries Rat
Number of posts : 553

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Explanation[O]   Overdue Explanation[O] EmptyThu 29 Feb 2024 - 5:39

Scorchlight was planning to hunt, but instead took a stroll across the border that faced WindClan. She noticed the cat as WindClan’s deputy after Smallstar’s death—that was a long time ago.After the war, Scorch was torn; two leaders had been killed. What did WindClan want from them? Did they want to cause another disaster? She approached the tom just to hear he wanted to speak with her leader. Why? He looked as if he didn’t want to cause any harm, and they had talked one time while the Clans were at the southern lake. She narrowed her eyes. What happened to her optimism and energy? Had the war just shredded it to pieces? No need to be so depressing; she had to relax. "Perchstar? Of course. Just what are you going to tell her?" She meowed, still cautious. If Sootstorm wanted to fight, she was ready to fight.

Scorchlight | Riverclan Tier 4 Warrior

Ivypaw | Thunderclan apprentice

Hazel | T2 rogue

Petalsplash | Skyclan permaqueen

Starclan: Hazelpaw, cedarpaw, Brightsplit

(Pokémon, please feed them.)
Overdue Explanation[O] ?3qsSL=party Overdue Explanation[O] ?3qjRT=party Overdue Explanation[O] ?3NSVJ=party Overdue Explanation[O] ?3XjWK=party Overdue Explanation[O] ?3Xnr_=party
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6722

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Explanation[O]   Overdue Explanation[O] EmptyThu 29 Feb 2024 - 10:43

"Don't worry, Scorchlight. I'll take care of it." Perchstar stepped forward, taking a place at her warrior's side. The border patrol she led had been just a minute or so behind Scorchlight's stroll; a convenient coincidence that now was when the WindClan deputy approached. Thankfully she was already in her leader headspace, interacting with other cats, ignoring the mess of emotions inside, so it took little effort to regard him with the necessary neutrality. Not a single emotion on her face as her light blue eyes took him in. She couldn't recall if she'd spoken with WindClan's high ranks since Tigerstar became leader. At least this tom was approaching peacefully, though, and respectfully. That already was a good sign. "What is it you want to say?" WindClan had fled her mind completely in the aftermath of the war with SkyClan, but standing here at the border with the scent marker moved made her want to flick an ear in vague annoyance. The retaking of the Gorge... but perhaps that was why the deputy was here. If so, he was overdue, but better late than never.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living:[J]uniperpaw, [Q]uillsplash, [L]eopardkit | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Explanation[O]   Overdue Explanation[O] EmptySat 2 Mar 2024 - 7:40

Sootstorm was met with a ginger she-cat first, one he recognised from a brief conversation they shared when they arrived at the lake. He raised his tail in greeting, ready to reply to her, though wary, perfectly normal and expected question when Perchstar herself appeared. He dipped his head, sensing already the irritation in the she-cat's voice. Had he been wrong to speak to her so close to the border in question? Perhaps it was for the best. Either way, he was about to reveal a number of things that would normally not be told to any cat outside of his own clan, let alone another Clan's leader. His gaze lingered on Scorchlight for a heartbeat, then returned Perchstar's gaze. "Would it be possible for us to discuss the matter in private?" He asked as politely as he could. If Perchstar refused, he'd just have to be vague in come areas, but ultimately this was her land and he would respect her choice of whether she wished to have a warrior with her.

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Explanation[O]   Overdue Explanation[O] EmptySat 2 Mar 2024 - 16:55

Perchstar kept her face neutral, but her eyes narrowed imperceptibly at Sootstorm's request. What could the deputy possibly have to say that wasn't knowledge warriors were allowed to have? Did he assume she wouldn't have to inform her Clan of whatever it was he wanted to say? What an odd thing to ask. Still, the last thing she wanted was to be on bad terms with another Clan. If this would make him more amenable to discussion, then so be it. "Fine," she acquiesced. The RiverClan leader turned briefly to Scorchlight. "Would you mind continuing on with my patrol? I'll be just a minute." Then, flicking an ear, she met Sootstorm's gaze again. "What do you have to say that's so sensitive only I can hear it? I will have you know that I trust my warriors."

⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Explanation[O]   Overdue Explanation[O] EmptySun 17 Mar 2024 - 0:19

He could tell that Perchstar wasn't happy about his request, but at least she still gave in. As Scorchlight moved off, he dipped his head apologetically. "I understand, Perchstar, but I'd rather not admit to my own Clan's weakness in front of too many cats," He explained, hoping that his honesty would soothe the RiverClan leader's irritation. Perhaps he was using the wrong words, or phrasing them wrongly. Perhaps his tone was too harsh, or too emotional, but he had to try to do right. He was his Clan's deputy, and would one day be their leader. He had to learn how to speak diplomatically, even if he currently didn't know how.

"First and foremost, I would like to extend my apologies for taking back the gorge without even a word or message. It was wrong of us, and no excuse I offer will justify it, so I won't try," Sootstorm began, tasting the words on his tongue. Would Perchstar demand for the gorge back now that he admitted that WindClan had no right to take it back. "I do, however, want to ask if WindClan could keep the gorge. This isn't a demand-- I'm simply asking for a discussion to reach a conclusion that could benefit both our Clans," He continued, fighting to keep his gaze level with the stone-faced she-cat. She scared him, and he could feel his tail twitching nervously.

"WindClan has suffered from sickness and famine long before even the gorge was taken, and only recently have we begun to get back on our paws. I don't want my Clan to suffer, as you may be able to understand, and right now WindClan needs as many resources as it can have,"
There it was, the admitance of how fragile WindClan was-- and has been, for seasons. "RiverClan previously took the gorge after one of our apprentices attacked yours," Sootstorm continued, feeling a bitter tang in his mouth as he recalled one of the many troubles Ferntwist had managed to get herself into when she was younger. Not that she had ever had a chance to grow... older... "And for that, I can only offer a long overdue apology," for the second time, Sootstorm apologised, bowing his head so that his whiskers brushed his paws. If Tigerstar was here, would he disapprove of his deputy's willingness to admit fault? Would Perchstar see this as a weakness? He couldn't tell. He would offer herbs or prey if WindClan had any to spare, but between it being the dead of Leafbare and having no medicine cat, WindClan had nothing to offer.

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Explanation[O]   Overdue Explanation[O] EmptyMon 18 Mar 2024 - 14:51

Perchstar had not been expecting much from the WindClan deputy; her feelings on their Clan had been decidedly neutral once Shrikestar passed. Tigerstar and Sootstorm both seemed reasonable, but she hadn't had much time or energy to interact with them on the journey or when she'd been terribly sick. The fact that they'd claimed the Gorge had earned her ire, but it had been far in the back of her mind compared to her many other issues. So, she was pleasantly surprised when the tom opened his mouth and spoke politely. How long had it been since another high rank besides Mottlestar had given her a civil conversation with genuine politeness? Perchstar settled down and sat, willing to listen to what Sootstorm said. He had started well. Maybe this was a bond that could be retrieved, after all.

Exposing the weakness of his own Clan was a risky move, but one that would pay off. If he'd talked around their reasoning, Perchstar would have been less likely to listen. But the fact that Sootstorm came on his own initiative, truly apologized, and asked with humility was so refreshing that it momentarily eased the RiverClan leader's aches. "I appreciate you telling me this," she said. Her face remained neutral, and her voice remained calm, but the chill had left the blueness of her eyes. "I initially took the Gorge as retaliation, but since all the leadership from that time has passed and WindClan has remained good on their word since, I see no reason to keep that punishment. Since you have been honest, I will reward your honesty. You may keep the Gorge--as long as your warriors keep to their side of the border. Your apology is accepted; in the future, please remember that I am always willing to discuss things reasonably before resorting to claws." Her torn ear flicked once. This would not be worth an argument; the Gorge had little prey, it was mostly a symbol of pride. If Sootstorm was humbling himself, she could do the same and set her pride aside. "I am tempted to take you up on your offer and ask for something in return for RiverClan, but... I get the feeling that you have nothing to offer. For now, I will simply take your word that WindClan will not seek to harm my Clanmates, and that perhaps... we could open friendly avenues of discussion together in the future." Her alliance with SkyClan was dead, and even the ThunderClan alliance now stood on shaky ground with Mottlestar's death. Keeping the idea of a potential alliance with WindClan open would not hurt.

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Explanation[O]   Overdue Explanation[O] EmptySun 24 Mar 2024 - 23:06

"Thank you," Sootstorm whispered, tail curling tighter around his paws as he did so. "For giving WindClan this chance to recover. And I swear, no WindClan warrior will ever receive orders to cross into RiverClan territory unless it is urgent. If you do find any WindClanner who causes trouble, please relay it to us so that we can handle it promptly." Perchstar was reasonable, as he expected, and her words were like a breath of fresh air. No useless hostility, no masked jabs at his dignity, but simple, civil words. This was what it meant to really choose "words over claws". No marching to the camp to insult the leader with your head held high and mighty, but a honest response with no expectations of being entitled to everything. He straightened from his bow, meeting the RiverClan leader's gaze. The chill there was gone. Had his words managed to soothe her after all? "That is all that I wish to discuss. I will not intrude on your territory any longer," He told her, announcing his intention to leave now that they had reached a conclusion, "And, Perchstar, if RiverClan ever finds itself faced with trouble... I hope you will be comfortable with asking WindClan for assistance."

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Explanation[O]   Overdue Explanation[O] EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024 - 11:36

Perchstar nodded at the deputy's words, taking them in. To be asked honestly and treated with respect no matter the answer given... was that not how those in leadership were supposed to treat each other? How different would her life have been, if Bloodstar had shown her basic respect in the early moons of her leadership? None of the war would have happened. Mottlestar and therefore Birdstar would not have died. Perhaps even Beechfang could have lived, and turned over a new leaf if it was what she desired. Both leader and deputy could leave with an advantageous agreement, and with their pride intact. So, why... what had been different? How hard was it simply to speak the truth and humble yourself, however briefly?

"Thank you for coming to talk with me," the leader responded. "I much prefer genuine conversation to argument, when it can be at all avoided. If any RiverClan cats trespass, I would ask that you inform me similarly, so that we can keep these relations between us clear." She dipped her head in respect as he turned to go. "I will keep this in mind, in the future." The Gorge... very little prey could be found on the treacherous territory. It had only been a mark of pride that she kept it after WindClan had crossed the borders. Now that the leadership appeared to be reasonable, and if they were truly in such dire straits as Sootstorm confessed, then it would not do RiverClan much good to keep it. The trade of disadvantageous territory for the possibility of good relations was a victory. She would have to return home and inform Poppyshine of this development. Besides, talking about responsibility was far easier than remembering the other worries on her mind. With a flick of her tail, she turned to leave also.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overdue Explanation[O]   Overdue Explanation[O] Empty

Back to top Go down

Overdue Explanation[O]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Territory-
Jump to: