Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2958

moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c] Empty
PostSubject: moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c]   moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c] EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024 - 18:50

Pineblossom

Her kits had grown, finally allowing Pineblossom to leave the nursery. She no longer had to meet with Heatherberry each month to make sure that she and her kits were healthy, however, in that time, she had grown very fond of their medicine cat. Especially now that Burdockroot, one of Pineblossom’s other closest friends was gone, and then the attack with the wolves…Pineblossom knew that Heatherberry had been through a lot. She wanted to check in on Heatherberry, not as a patient, but as a friend.

“Heatherberry?” Pineblossom called as she entered the medicine den. It wasn’t too hard to spot her, even in the darkness. “Are you busy? I wanted to see how you are doing.”
ShadowClan • Tier 5 • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #6699ff
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Characters : [SC]Heatherberry| [TC]Vinecrawler | [R]Grub | [R] Grun Jr
Clan/Rank : [H]T3 Battle-Trained MC / T4 MC | [G]T4 Rogue | [GJ] T1 Rogue [V]T4 Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 4483

PostSubject: Re: moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c]   moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c] EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024 - 20:11

It had become a habit to make as much noise within the den as she could, rustling leaves and rolling sticks around as she worked to maintain the steadying supply of herbs. With Burdockroot gone... Stars, was sitting alone in the dark ever so miserable. On top of it all, a vigil had yet to be held in honor of both Echomist and Burdockroot, meaning closer hadn't been given to many who missed them. She heaved a sigh and shook her head, feeling the slight pinch in nerve pain in her missing eye as she did. She made a mental note to replace the cobwebs again soon.

It was the voice of Pineblossom that drew her from her thoughts, her shoulders dropping after realizing she had been tensed up for who knows how long. "It's good to see you, Pineblossom. Busy? No, not at the moment. Just some idle sorting is all. Come! Sit. Chat." Her head turned to give a brief smile of acknowledgement before she turned back towards the herbs she was laying out to dry. How had she been...? She had half the mind to lie outright that she was fine. To end this conversation here and now before she had to talk about the nasty pit in her heart and the nausea that came with it. But she had already asked the molly to take a seat, hadn't she? "...I've seen better days, in all honesty. But haven't we all? " She mewed quietly, unable to even pretend; at least not in the face of her mentors close friend. It would be an insult to pretend they didn't both hold a shared grief. "There are quite a few new paws running about, but somehow the camp feels... Empty. How are you fairing?"

won't you shake a poor sinners hand?:

moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c] JGgdMsS moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c] JGg3TFt moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c] J0ieN9e moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c] JGg3GK7 moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c] JGg2WjR

moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c] JcTsSP1  moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c] JcnAVnI moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c] Grub_f10moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c] JaZZNs4
click photos for profiles | sprites by Aspen!
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c]   moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c] EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024 - 20:45

Pineblossom

Pineblossom ventured further inside and found a place to sit as Heatherberry indicated. She settled down and watched Heatherberry as she continued to busy herself. Pineblossom’s expression grew sadder, and she nodded sympathetically. “Yes…I know what you mean. I still find myself going to say hello to Burdockroot when I pass by here.” Heatherberry has lost even more than her in these last few moons. Pineblossom wished she could do something to ease the pain, but she learned from her own grieving that the only thing to heal is time.

“I am doing alright. Admittedly, I have so much time on my hands now that my kits have become apprentices. I almost don’t know what to do with myself now.” She smiled at Heatherberry. “But they are all nice and healthy, thanks to you. I appreciate all you do for me, and for the clan…But I fear you have been working yourself to the bone lately.” When she was able to catch Heatherberry’s eye, she gestured for her to come close instead of tending to herbs. “When was the last time you let yourself rest, especially with all of the chaos plaguing the forest?”
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Clan/Rank : [H]T3 Battle-Trained MC / T4 MC | [G]T4 Rogue | [GJ] T1 Rogue [V]T4 Warrior
Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c]   moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c] EmptySat 2 Mar 2024 - 2:11

Heatherberry couldn't get herself to say anything in return to Pineblossom's sweet words, but she did blink a few tears away. It was nice to know she was not alone in the urge to call out the name of a only recently passed friend. Her green eye blinked in understanding and thanks, her throat forcing her to swallow the sarrowful lump that felt like she was being choked.

She listened intently on the older molly's words, giving a genuine smile at the mention of the kits. "Those kits of yours are quite the handful. I haven't the opportunity to truly get to know them, but every time I cross paths with at least one of them, some sort of trouble is afoot. They're lively. You've raised them well, Pineblossom." A particularly troublesome dried leaf got stuck in to her paw pad as she listened, picking it away with her teeth. She was absolutely listening, though the words that followed the talk of her kits and the genuine praise not ones she was ready to face. She winced as she accidentally nicked her paw pad with her teeth when her eyes wandered to meet Pineblossom's. Her gaze was that of a mother trying to get her kits attention and it made Heatherberry sigh. "I... Don't think I could rest even if I tried. Being busy all the time has helped keep me from wandering through my own head. The last time my head was free of burden..." She really couldn't remember. Grief so recent that she felt like it was a constant.

Reluctant in her movements, the ShadowClan medicine cat left her idle herb sorting to sit closer to Pineblossom. "What can I do? Does time truly heal all wounds?"

moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c] JGgdMsS moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c] JGg3TFt moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c] J0ieN9e moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c] JGg3GK7 moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c] JGg2WjR

moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c] JcTsSP1  moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c] JcnAVnI moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c] Grub_f10moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c] JaZZNs4
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c]   moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c] EmptyWed 6 Mar 2024 - 17:03

Pineblossom

Heatherberry had always been a hard worker, sometimes to the point of her own detriment. It felt clearer now as Heatherberry struggled to justify why she wasn’t resting as much. Pineblossom understood that, at least; she had been much the same when she was young, finding any excuse to keep from sitting with her thoughts for too long. She knew that it was not healthy, however, and so she hoped that she could help Heatherberry in even little ways to get her closer to a state of equilibrium again.

Pineblossom tilted her head in consideration and replied, “Heal…I am not so sure. The pain will always be there in some way, it will just be…quieter. Honeylight, for example, I always get a pain in my chest when he comes to mind, but I no longer feel like I must claw my heart out to get it to stop. Burdockroot’s is fresher, but I know that will become bearable in time too.” There was even Ratrunner, who had caused her such an excrutiating state of mind in apprenticeship after his death, and she had realized only recently that there would sometimes be entire moons when she did not think of him, and thus, did not hurt. But those occasional days when he did spring to mind, it elt like an old sore muscle that she had noticed after a long walk.

“Talking about it helps too,” she continued. “Or at least…it helped me. My first experience with death, I kept all of my feelings inside for moons. I was completely miserable. It wasn’t until I finally broke and spoke about it that it felt like things started to ease, like the world acknowledged my own pain.” She looked up at the ceiling of the little den, where the black shade crept in darkest. “It does not help all cats, but if you think that it would help you—I am always hear to listen. Even if it’s babbling nonsense or thoughts without end.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c]   moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c] EmptyTue 12 Mar 2024 - 13:51

"The pain will always be there in some way, it will just be…quieter." Realization washed over ShadowClan's medicine cat as the passing thoughts of Batswarm and Moondancer inevitably made their way into her head. She thought of them, but not as often as she used to. Didn't have nightmares of their deaths as often as she used to. When she did, however, it still hurt. But they didn't haunt her anymore. She nodded slowly as Pineblossom mentioned Burdockroot's death. She may be right. While the wounds created from that were much more fresh, perhaps the moments of pain would be more fleeting that than the last as time marches on - just as it seemed to be doing with her long gone siblings. Even now... New ones had seemingly taken their place. Ones she had yet to truly meet.

"Then... Bare with me for just a moment, would you?" Perhaps this was inappropriate to speak about when it was Heatherberry who was normally the therapist; part of her job description. But Pineblossom had come to her as a friend. She hoped the mention of talking it out and it having helped a bit was an invitation for the greying molly to also speak up. "I rarely got to speak of Batswarm and Moondancer. My family fell apart at their deaths, leaving Burdockroot to be the one and only left to speak with. At some point I felt I had overburdened her with my sorrows and stopped completely. What helped was I had seen Moondancer during my trip to the medicine cat meetings. Just her. But it was all I needed, I think. She told me that it wasn't any of our faults. Not Badgermask, not Leopardstar, not me... And it wasn't yours, either. What was it she had said...

'She [Pineblossom] couldn't have known that would happen - either of them.'

Things she said to me that I should have told you long ago. That I should have told the others if they would have only been willing to listen. It wasn't our fault. They didn't blame us for how they died. Moondancer, at least. I haven't heard from Batswarm at all."

She looked down at her paws in shame, guilt taking over as she finally finally got the chance to repeat what had been passed on to her all those moons ago. "There is no excuse for letting it go for so long. I know she was your apprentice. I know you were there the night she died... I am so sorry." She couldn't meet Pineblossom's eyes after that, fully expecting to get backlash for allowing her to think letting that WindClanner go was the catalyst for everything.

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c]   moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c] EmptyWed 13 Mar 2024 - 18:39

Pineblossom

Pineblossom listened to Heatherberry with ease. She was used to listening to the woes of her clanmates, and she was more than willing to listen to Heatherberry’s. The mention of Batswarm and Moondancer made Pineblossom’s heart ache. They were more cats that did not visit Pineblossom’s thoughts as often anymore, but Moondancer in particular had lingered for a long while. The what if always floated around her when she thought about that battle.

Then Heatherberry spoke.

Pineblossom’s eyes widened. She had never spoken with a StarClan cat—she thought that those who had gotten the opportunity to were lucky, to receive wisdom from the stars. To hear that Heatherberry had not only spoken with Moondancer but that she didn’t blame Pineblossom…Some of the sharp paint jabbing into her heart every so often eases.

“It’s alright, Heatherberry,” Pineblossom promised. “You see the dead often—I don’t blame you for not getting around to tell me one thing.” She smiled gently. “I appreciate you telling me…It makes me…perhaps not glad, but…relieved to know that she does not blame me.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c]   moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c] EmptySat 23 Mar 2024 - 15:03

Pineblossom had taken this late news rather well, the surprise and relief clear on the medicine cats face. With everything happening one after the other, it had been hard to find time (and courage) to tell the ones this mattered to the most. It hurt to even think that she had let others stew in their sorrows with questions of if all those deaths had been their fault. But it was out now. As late as it was. "Know that if - StarClan forbid - something like this happens again, I will not put it to the wayside. And... Thank you. For listening. For choosing to listen. It's nice to know that perhaps my very small circle of friends is growing... If that's not too forward."

There were only a few names that she could count on each claw that she trusted with most everything. Pineblossom was proving to be one of those with every new interaction.

"Thank you. While it doesn't feel great to know time is the only cure for heart, it helps to have another cat who lived her own sorrows vouche for it." She offered a smile, her tail briefly tapping the brown and white shoulder of the older molly. "How have things been for you?"

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c]   moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c] EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024 - 19:01

Pineblossom

Heatherberry seemed as relieved as Pineblossom felt. It was a bit of a surprise, but she was glad to see something other than pain on Heatherberry’s features after so much misery. She matched Heatherberry’s tentative smile. “I like to think of you as a friend too.”

When things were turned back on her, Pineblossom nodded. “Things have been well with me, despite recent losses. My kits are healthy and seem to be adjusting well. Silverhawk is a great warrior and he’s close friends with Hawkmist. Quillpaw became Quillsplash not terribly long ago, though he still doesn’t seem to reach out to others much.” Pineblossom hummed before she let the thought go. Instead, a different thought came wiggling back to her; one she had not considered much before until Heatherberry mentioned speaking with Moondancer. “…how does speaking with StarClan work for you, if I may ask? Is it random or are you able to…to reach out to certain cats?”
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c]   moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

moving on and on, so very bittersweet [c]
Page 1 of 1