Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

let us begin [c]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2953

let us begin [c] Empty
PostSubject: let us begin [c]   let us begin [c] EmptySun 4 Feb 2024 - 9:43

Crookedlight

The territory was more beautiful than Crookedlight remembered. His foggy mind kind of felt like they never really left, but he knew that it had been months. The forest seemed healthier now that they were back. It was nice to see as snow blanketed the area.

He looked back at his new apprentice. Everyone had taken some time to get settled back again, but the rumors about war with RiverClan had made their way to Crookedlight after he got better. With Yewpaw now being an apprentice, he had to make sure that he would be ready for the inevitable conflict. His mind drifted to Rowansong before he quickly pushed that down.

“What would you like to start with? Hunting? Battle? We’ll be traversing the territory throughout the day, but we can get some more exciting training in first,” Crookedlight offered.
SkyClan • Tier 5 • He/Him • 70 | 160 • #ff6699
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
kieer
Former Staff
Former Staff

Aquarius Snake
Number of posts : 581

let us begin [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: let us begin [c]   let us begin [c] EmptyMon 5 Feb 2024 - 22:11

Yewpaw shuffled his paws as Crookedlight marveled at the beauty of their new - well, old - territory. He felt awkward. It wasn't what he expected when the nostalgic warriors would gush about their true home. In fact, he yearned to be back where he was born.

As his mentor turned back to him, he couldn't help but notice his expression. While he was clueless about the rumors circulating about a war, the subtle tension in the air made his fur stand on end. His training held a significance that he didn't quite understand, and Yewpaw was determined to do a good job. He needed to make Paledove proud and be brave.

Crookedlight offering training options was the most exciting moment for him since their return home. "Could we start with some hunting?" He suggested, his tail flicking with eagerness. He wanted to provide for his clan, and impress his sisters - and especially Honeypaw - by bringing home the biggest piece of fresh-kill they've ever seen. That, and he didn't want to spar with this tom. He didn't trust him.

Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

let us begin [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: let us begin [c]   let us begin [c] EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024 - 22:07

Crookedlight

Yewpaw looked up at him with naivety glittering in his young eyes and Crookedlight felt a small surge of protectiveness. Thoughts of war made his fur stand more on end and he forced it to lie flat. He instead smiled confidently and nodded. “Most certainly! Hunting has always been my favorite pastime, though I cannot say it is the prey’s.” He chuckled at his own joke and they ventured further into the territory.

He slowed down and lifted his chin up towards a tall tree. A bird chirped and arranged some twigs and other scraps, starting to make a new nest as the season veered towards the end of leafbare. Crookedlight crouched down beside Yewpaw and kept his voice quiet. “We SkyClan cats are born to be in the trees. You dig your claws into the bark and propel yourself upward fast enough to snatch the bird while it’s distracted with its nest. Give it a try. I bet you can do it.”
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
kieer
Former Staff
Former Staff

Aquarius Snake
Number of posts : 581

let us begin [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: let us begin [c]   let us begin [c] EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024 - 18:13

Yewpaw released a soft snort at Crookedlight's joke - the fact that the tom had the audacity to chuckle at his own comment was the feathe drifting in  the breeze. Tied it all together. They're not going to like it either after I figure everything out. Yewpaw thought, smiling to himself. I'm going to be as good of a hunter. I have to be. He followed Crookedlight's lead, copying his body language and moves.

He wasn't quite sure why they were crouching until Crookedlight pointed his attention to a bird constructing its nest high in the tree. That's all mine? His whiskers twitched with anticipation. I can do it. The scent of the prey filled his nostrils and the challenge set his instincts on edge. He met Crookedlight's gaze, determination reflected in his own. It reminded him of saving Cricketpaw all those moons ago, but this time he was ready. He wasn't going to be scared of the height this time. He was brave.

"Alright. I'll give it a try." Yewpaw responded in a low voice, giving his mentor a curt nod. His mismatched gaze was fixed on the feathery target above. His haunches quivered with energy as he prepared for the leap. In an instant, Yewpaw shot up the tree trunk. The bark yielding as his claws buried into them was oddly satisfying. It reminded him of mossball, in a strange way. He could hear his heartbeat racing in his ears with the thrill of the chase and he could feel the blood pumping in his veins. He had to show Crookedlight who he was and get this right.

His eyes were locked onto the bird as he approached it. He mirrored its movements in a silent dance in the tree's canopy. He extended one of his front claws, aiming to snatch it when it came closer to the nest and bring it to his jaws for a quick kill. Stars, they were so fragile. Please let this work.

And... It did! Time seemed to slow as his claws met the soft feathers of the bird and he clamped his jaws around it. His eyes glittered with accomplishment. I did it! Proudly holding the bird in his jaws, he descended the tree with the same agility he displayed when he ascended. He couldn't help but release a soft purr of satisfaction. He wanted to tell his sisters and Honeypaw about how easy that was.

Yewpaw is trying to catch a bird... it was successful! (-7 SP)

Last edited by kieer on Wed 21 Feb 2024 - 19:17; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15017

let us begin [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: let us begin [c]   let us begin [c] EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024 - 18:13

The member 'kieer' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 2

let us begin [c] Mistpe10
let us begin [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

let us begin [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: let us begin [c]   let us begin [c] EmptyThu 22 Feb 2024 - 21:35

Crookedlight

Crookedlight watched Yewpaw dart up the tree and when he successfully nabbed the bird, Crookedlight let out a little whoop of approval. “Fantastic! You’re a complete natural!” He grinned as Yewpaw dropped down from the branch as well, landing with as much grace as any other SkyClan cat. “You did far better than my first attempt when I became an apprentice. I nearly broke my neck falling out of a tree.”

He approached and looked over Yewpaw’s catch. He even managed to not completely mangle it in his catch, which would left all of the meat intact. “Good. I scarcely know what I can point out to you. You’ll be a peak hunter in no time.”
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699