Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

When will my life begin[C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : //Living//:[J]uniperhunt, [Q]uillsplash | Bird, [Sc]orchivy, [L]eopardwind, [C]reamlily, [M]ilkkit, [Sp]arrowkit //Dead:// Tawnyshadow, Sootstorm, Cinderpaw, Ajex | Palekit, Shatteredsky, Reedshine, Deerleap, Slightfrost, Specklepaw, Sunfire, Copperlark
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan T1 Warrior [Q]ShadowClan T5 Warrior [Sc]WindClan NPC PermaQueen [L]WindClan T3 Warrior [C]WindClan T3 Warrior [M]RiverClan Kit [Sp]Unborn SkyClan Kit
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3633

When will my life begin[C] Empty
PostSubject: When will my life begin[C]   When will my life begin[C] EmptySat 10 Aug 2024 - 14:55

The patrol had gone, and as expected, returned empty-pawed. Leopardwind reported the news to Tigerstar before heading for the nursery. He supposed, by some extend, that the new kit-- who would undoubtably become a part of WindClan-- was to fall under his and Cloudjumper's responsibilities. They had, after all, been the ones to find her. Her name was Amber, wasn't it? The warrior picked up a rabbit on his way past the fresh-kill pile. It was time that kit started learning to accept WindClan's traditions and way of life, because there was no other choice for her. He would have to ask Tigerstar or Rapidfire to host a name-change ceremony for Amber, the sooner the better, as well as start drilling the Warrior Code into the kit. She had lots to learn and was already far behind. Stars, how did he find himself in this position? Leopardwind internally groaned. How did all the other queens manage to take care of a whole litter of kits? And bless his mother, it was no easy feat raising nine kits all in one go. He'd have to pay Brightripple a visit soon; they hadn't spoken in a while.

Leopardwind slipped into the nursery, feeling especially awkward in a space that was mostly occupied by queens and kits. Cloudjumper was patching together a nest for Amber, who sat watching. Truthfully, he could probably get away with leaving Amber in Cloudjumper's care under the excuse that the she-cat would take better care of the kit than he could, but Leopardwind was never one to not complete a task simply because he didn't want to. Besides, he wasn't going to leave his friend to take care of a whole other living being all on her own.

He placed the rabbit down before the warrior and kit. Leopardwind turned to Cloudjumper, leaning to ask in a soft whisper so that Amber would not hear, "Have you found a queen to nurse Amber yet?" The she-kit was clearly not old enough to be fully weaned, so clearly she still had to be fed milk. There was a new queen that was going to give birth soon, wasn't there? Scorchflower or something. "And... how are you feeling? I can finish the nest if you want to rest for a bit." Stars, this felt so awkward. The black tom could feel the gazes of some of the other queens fall on him curiously. Thank the Stars Nectarflower wasn't here at the moment, he'd hate to have to explain to the queen why he was asking her daughter who would feed the new kit they found.

As he waited for Cloudjumper's answer, he turned to Amber. "Do you know how to eat prey? I can shred it for you, if you need." He wasn't sure if a kit her age was even able to eat solid food. His gaze darted around the nursery nervously, but no queen rushed to his rescue. Alright, fine. The black tom bent down, gently ripping a few shreds of flesh from the rabbit and presenting it awkwardly to the kit. She would know how to chew, right? This really was not his area of expertise.
「R」

Quillsplash | Bird / Tom / ShadowClan T5 Warrior / #802318
Juniperhunt / She-Cat / ShadowClan T1 Warrior / #b9abb2
Scorchivy / She-Cat / WindClan NPC PermaQueen / #009966
Leopardwind / Tom / WindClan T3 Warrior / #cc9900
Creamlily / She-Cat / WindClan T3 Warrior / #ff6600
Milkkit / Tom / RiverClan Kit / #dbc6ad

Art Commissions | Character Profiles | Plotting | Character Relations | Open Litter | Art Giveaway
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]andive [B]riarpatch [H]oneypaw [C]loudjumper // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Brackenwing, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T4 Warrior [B] SC/T2 Warrior [H] SkC/App [C] WC/T3 Warrior
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 6072

When will my life begin[C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: When will my life begin[C]   When will my life begin[C] EmptyTue 13 Aug 2024 - 12:59

Cloudjumper carefully patched together a nest for the newst kit in Windclan's nursery. Amber wasn't the youngest, but she was the newest... And for now was under her care.

Cloudjumper... Cloudjumper had no idea what she was doing. She knew how to make a nest, of course, knew how to teach... But caring for a kit? This was something new and the other queens could probably tell that she was very much out of her depth. But stars if she wasn't going to try. She'd been the one to find Amber and bring her here, so the responsibility was hers.

Putting together a nest was easy enough, though Cloudjumper was careful and trying to make it more comfortable for the little kit than what she was used to as a warrior. Keeping her paws moving helped her not feel overwhelmed, at least. "We killed a hawk a few days ago, the feathers will help make the nest more comfortable... I know it's not what you're used to probably but it'll won't be so bad." She was rambling, maybe... Hopefully Amber wouldn't notice.

Leopardwind's arrival with a rabbit made Cloudjumper smile. He was a good friend and she knew the warrior would want to help Amber as much as she did. She would just... Ignore how that might have looked to the queens - Nectarflower in particular.

"Leopardwind," She greeted, "I think I've got the nest covered." He leaned in to ask about caring for Amber, and Cloudjumper resisted a growl. She was caring for the kit, wasn't she? Instead she replied softly, "I think mom will help, and I think... Scorchivy...? Is expecting kits, so if she can't eat solids maybe she'll also help." Cloudjumper only knew most of the queens in passing outside of her own mother... She expected that was going to change rather soon, if she was going to be spending time around the nursery caring for Amber.

"You should try the rabbit if you can, it's good." She added to Leopardwind's words, glancing between him and Amber.

SkC Leader | Profiles | Plotting

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
SwandiveRC
T4 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpatchSC
T2 Warrior
#867b6b
HoneypawSkC
App
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudjumper [Bonus]WC
T3 Warrior
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
Stoneheart [Perma NPC]SkC
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Brackenwing, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down

When will my life begin[C]
Page 1 of 1