Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

and i don't know where to begin [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [N] Nightowl, [S] Smokeytimber, [F] Foxpaw, [Su] Sunbear, [T] Tortoise
Clan/Rank : [O] T5 WindClan Warrior, [N] T1 ShadowClan MC, [S] T3 ShadowClan Warrior, [F] WindClan Apprentice, [Su] T1 WindClan Warrior, [T] T1 Loner
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 433

and i don't know where to begin [c] Empty
PostSubject: and i don't know where to begin [c]   and i don't know where to begin [c] EmptyWed Aug 07, 2024 8:51 pm

nightpaw
It was with shaky paws that Nightpaw made his way to the WindClan border. He had never left ShadowClan territory except for Moonstone journeys, which hardly counted, or the odd Gathering - and even those had been few in his short time as an apprentice. Never would he have dreamed of visiting another Clan, unless it was for a rare herb or something; even then, someone would have to be really sick. Getting Nightpaw to speak to his Clanmates was one thing - but getting him to speak to cats outside his Clan, cats who might actually be hostile toward him? Unheard of.

But if he wanted this... if he truly wanted this, he'd have to suck it up. Be brave for once in his life. ShadowClan needed him, after all. Even if Rookfire and Fuzzybelly had been medicine cats once, their knowledge was outdated. He needed to consult a current medicine cat. If only Heatherberry were... no, he couldn't think like that. She wasn't here.

So even as he forced himself to make the trip, he dragged his feet. This was all - StarClan, this was all so much. He was only just gaining confidence in ShadowClan's camp. Why was everything so unbelievably hard? If he could just be normal -

The scent of heather and gorse hit him all at once. Was he here already? He'd been sure he'd just get lost, but that scent was unmistakable. He recognized it from Gatherings, and especially from the last quarter-moon meeting. Nightpaw shuddered to think about it. Most of his apprehension was from the idea of meeting that tom again. There had been such disapproval in his eyes and his voice. Oh, did he have to speak to that tom again? Maybe there was another WindClan medicine cat. A nicer one.

But the smell grew stronger and stronger, until he was sure he had to be near the border, if not already across it. Nightpaw stopped short. Should he wait here? Relations with WindClan had seemed strained lately. Maybe it was for the best if he waited here for a patrol and explained himself . . . footsteps were quickly approaching though, he realized. Wow. WindClan must be serious about their borders. He looked up as the patrol neared, practically shaking. But they were surprisingly nice. As he asked for their medicine cat, a fluffy brown tom on the other side of the border smiled and nodded, then left to fetch the tom. He'd been half expecting them to tear his fur off.

HE/HIM - shadowclan medicine app. "everybody loves a quiet child . . ."

Oatfluff - T5 WindClan Warrior - #7f513e
Nightowl - T1 ShadowClan Med. Cat - #669966
Smokeytimber - T3 ShadowClan Warrior. - #626b7d
Foxpaw - WindClan App. - #f4ab6a
Sunbear - T1 WindClan Warrior - #cea716
Tortoise - T1 Loner - #6e6e33

and i don't know where to begin [c] Aa9d24d70df9858f985c454d207b8b3cdc4cf12e
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]iretreader ; [M]oonpaw ; [L]kaios ; †[C]edarstalk ; †[S]ilentpaw
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Permaqueen ; [H] T4 WC Hybrid MC ; [W] T3 TC Warrior ; [F] T1 SkC Warrior ; [M] WC Apprentice ; †[C] T2 TC Warrior ; †[S] RC App
Number of posts : 990

PostSubject: Re: and i don't know where to begin [c]   and i don't know where to begin [c] EmptyMon Aug 12, 2024 1:02 pm

Hemlockfox

Unlike the rest of the soft cats in WindClan, Hemlockfox didn't take kindly to interruptions or frequent border meetings that, often-times, involved work. Seeing Sunfire at the border had been a welcome reprieve, but he wasn't so foolish as to expect his father to visit again so soon. Such suspicions had been confirmed when his clanmate mentioned it being a soft-spoken, brown and white scrap of fur that was seeking him out. There was only one cat he could think of that matched such a description. Nightpaw, the jumpy apprentice that'd secured a spot as ShadowClan's new - and only - medicine cat. Maybe he'd find out what had happened to Heatherberry?

With a pleased somewhat excited grin, the seal point tom trotted alongside his warrior companion as they fell into silence, the familiar path to ShadowClan's border under paw. Nightpaw was smart, at least, to request his help. Whatever it was that was causing the young tom trouble, he was certain he'd be able to figure it out as it was, undoubtedly, just a few questions about what certain herbs did or how to cure a sniffle. Mundane things, to be sure, but not anything the poor apprentice would know now that his mentor was gone. It only made sense for him to come to the most knowledgeable cat in the forest. When it came to herbs and remedies, anyway.

Though, as the crested a hill and the border came into view, Hemlockfox's grin soured. What in the name of StarClan was the patrol still doing here? Didn't they have better things to do and more land to cover before sunhigh? With a wave of his paw, the medicine cat bustled through the small gathering of WindClanners and shooed them away. "Go on, I don't need a bunch of bodyguards. I'm sure you've all got stuff to do, so get to it." After a few uncertain glances and sideways remarks, the patrol set off again, leaving Hemlockfox and Nightpaw alone - little more than an invisible boundary and a few pawsteps between them. 

Looking the younger tom up and down, Hemlockfox huffed and settled on the soft grass with his head tipped to the side curiously. "Well? Go on, then. You asked me to come and I'm here now, what is it you need me for, exactly?" It seemed foolish to help a rival clan's medicine cat, especially with plenty of tension between their clans, but he supposed it couldn't hurt to at least hear the guy out. Who knows, someday, he could find a way for Nightpaw to return the favor. Having the ShadowClanner in his debt, at least, was an appealing thought.

[Firetreader] T1 SkC Warrior
[Lykaios] T1 Rogue
[Moonpaw] WC Apprentice
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [N] Nightowl, [S] Smokeytimber, [F] Foxpaw, [Su] Sunbear, [T] Tortoise
Clan/Rank : [O] T5 WindClan Warrior, [N] T1 ShadowClan MC, [S] T3 ShadowClan Warrior, [F] WindClan Apprentice, [Su] T1 WindClan Warrior, [T] T1 Loner
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 433

PostSubject: Re: and i don't know where to begin [c]   and i don't know where to begin [c] EmptySat Sep 07, 2024 6:43 pm

nightpaw
Nightpaw seemed to shrink as Hemlockfox made his way toward him. He was at least thankful for the border that separated them. Quietly, the small medicine cat watched as Hemlockfox admonished the WindClan patrol with a sour expression on his face. Great, so he's like that with everyone. Nightpaw's tail twitched almost irritably, but he bit his tongue. At least that meant it wasn't anything personal. Why any cat chose to act like someone had made dirt in their fresh-kill every moment of the day was beyond him, but he supposed ShadowClan had its own share of those cats.

The older tom was huffy, even as he settled in the grass not even a foxlength away. Nightpaw sat, too, almost feeling as though he'd be barked at for doing something so simple. But he dug his paws into the dirt beneath him and tried to breathe. "I, uh - nothing serious, I guess. I'm sorry to call you out here like this. But I was told to seek the guidance of the other Clans' medicine cats, and... you're really the only full-fledged medicine cat right now, aside from Thymelight, who... well." He didn't need to state the obvious. Nobody had seen Thymelight in a while, and Nightpaw had never even met her. She hadn't been at the last two meetings.

"Rookfire and Fuzzybelly are former medicine cats, back in my Clan, but it's been a while since either of them were practicing. They've taught me basic things, but..." Nightpaw trailed off. He didn't have anything explicit to ask. Leopardstar had sent him out here, and now that he was standing face to face with this stranger, he found all of his thoughts had left his brain. He thought back to camp. Nobody was terribly sick - they'd managed to avoid any sicknesses for as long as he'd been apprenticed - but someone in particular did stick out. "What do you know about... mental ailments? It's the only thing I don't have any information about. I know, as medicine cats, we're in charge of physical healing, but we're also expected to deal with the spiritual and emotional sides of things, right? Is there anything I can do for a cat who's, say, disturbed? Or someone who was traumatized, or grieving?" He was careful to bury his real question, and not to point anyone out in particular - Hemlockfox didn't need to know anything that might make ShadowClan seem weak, that was for sure. But he needed guidance. If... if Wolfpaw ever got to a point where he needed medical attention, Nightpaw wanted to be of some help. He couldn't just stand around, useless.
HE/HIM - shadowclan medicine app "everybody loves a quiet child . . ."

Oatfluff - T5 WindClan Warrior - #7f513e
Nightowl - T1 ShadowClan Med. Cat - #669966
Smokeytimber - T3 ShadowClan Warrior. - #626b7d
Foxpaw - WindClan App. - #f4ab6a
Sunbear - T1 WindClan Warrior - #cea716
Tortoise - T1 Loner - #6e6e33

and i don't know where to begin [c] Aa9d24d70df9858f985c454d207b8b3cdc4cf12e
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: and i don't know where to begin [c]   and i don't know where to begin [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

and i don't know where to begin [c]
Page 1 of 1