Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

begin again, and again, and again [c]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 3010

begin again, and again, and again [c] Empty
PostSubject: begin again, and again, and again [c]   begin again, and again, and again [c] EmptyThu 31 Aug 2023 - 11:00

Pineblossom

Silverpaw was given to Pineblossom as an apprentice. Pineblossom was going to be Silverpaw’s third mentor at this point; one disappeared, the other died, and now it was her. She knew that Silverpaw was taking it very hard. Honeylight was a spot of brightness in so many cats’ lives, but especially in Silverpaw’s, as his mentor and his big brother. She wished that she could take away the pain he was experiencing from his loss, but that would be something that Silverpaw had to work out on his own, just like she had to when tragedy struck her. She would be there for him always, and right now, that meant teaching him what she could.

“I know that Honeylight taught you well already,” Pineblossom meowed while they made their way deeper into the territory. “I want you to show me what you already know. Let’s begin with the territory. Tell me about some of the major landmarks, and then guide us to the Pine Grove.”
ShadowClan • Tier 5 • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #6699ff
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards  ❊  Codes
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightpaw [F]alconkit [Fo]xkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T4 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Apprentice [F] WindClan Kit [Fo] Unborn SkyClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: begin again, and again, and again [c]   begin again, and again, and again [c] EmptySat 2 Sep 2023 - 13:45

Silverpaw

Silverpaw hadn't determined if he was entirely ready to begin training again, but he'd at least scratched together some sense of excitement for it. He was looking forward again, chasing the honor of his warrior's name with the drive he'd had fresh out of the nursery, even if his returning spark was shallowly surface level. Clinging grief made properly resuming his apprenticeship feel like some betrayal of the brother and mentor that had died for him, but it was hard to entertain the guilt for too long when it was Pineblossom he dutifully followed into the territory. Her and Forestbreeze were the only cats in the Clan he would have respected assuming the position of mentoring, and he hoped Honeylight was alright with it, too.

He blinked to refocus his thoughts and looked towards Pineblossom when she spoke. His steps drew slowly to halt, and Silverpaw was quiet for a moment following her prompt, leisurely looking this way and that to take in their surroundings. The bristling crowns of the sequestered patch of wood melded with the black sky, at least from where they stood, but he was sure he could them rising in the distance. Silverpaw looked back at Pineblossom once, like he expected her to confirm he was right from looking around alone, before he stepped off in a new direction. The rich scent of sap and broken needles didn't reach the air here, but he was confident in going this way. "I can get to the Pine Grove in my sleep. I've been there enough times." Silverpaw said, in part to assure himself. "It's one of the few dry places on our territory, and the trees there are more than just wilting branches. It's probably the best place to catch anything that isn't frogs and newts... but predators spend as much time hunting there as we do. That's where I killed a fox with Tawnyshadow.

"For the rest of the territory, though-- hm. I know about the Carrionplace, but I haven't been. I don't think I'd want to, either. I've heard it's a filthy place, filled with rats and twoleg waste and, what- sharp, wiry vines?"
A little shudder went through him just thinking of the landmark. "I know we can hunt there, if we have to. I can't imagine eating anything you'd find there. I bet the rats are all diseased." Silverpaw snorted through his nose and suppressed another shudder, then continued on. "I've only been to the Deep Marshes a few times. A herb hunt with Heatherberry once, and a few other patrols... everyone says it's dangerous for apprentices though, and Honeylight stayed far from it. Full-grown warriors can drown there, can't they?" Silverpaw shook off the grime clinging to his pale leg with emphasis as he led them along. "I don't see why the caution, though. I mean... I know that it's dangerous, but I can't learn to navigate it without experience."

Throw my better self overboard, shoot at him when he comes up for air.Art credit

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightpawRiverClan
Apprentice
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: begin again, and again, and again [c]   begin again, and again, and again [c] EmptyThu 7 Sep 2023 - 18:27

Pineblossom

Silverpaw’s responses were excellent, and Pineblossom followed after him so he can lead them to the place she asked for. “Very good,” she told him. “The Carrionplace is a very useful spot for ShadowClan to have in our ownership. Thankfully we have never been forced to eat there during my lifetime, but should any disease befall the forest that makes hunting difficult, it is a source of food to keep us alive until the issue is resolved.”

Pineblossom nodded to Silverpaw’s latter words as well. “That is right. Honeylight told me he almost drowned there as an apprentice, so I understand why he was wary of it.” She didn’t make mention of Fawnpatch, the Dark Forest cat that had tricked Honeylight into that area without warning. Pineblossom still hated thinking of that wretched foxheart for even a second. “But you are correct that you should know how to navigate it. We will go there after we hunt at the grove, so you can get some experience in the area. Another time we will also go to the Carrionplace so you can see what it is like, instead of just knowing it from tales.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightpaw [F]alconkit [Fo]xkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T4 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Apprentice [F] WindClan Kit [Fo] Unborn SkyClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: begin again, and again, and again [c]   begin again, and again, and again [c] EmptySun 8 Oct 2023 - 18:24

Silverpaw

Silverpaw's chin lifted at Pineblossom's brief praise. There was a subtle rise in surety to his steps following it. "I wouldn't eat a rat from there if all the prey left the marsh." He huffed, bridge of his muzzle wrinkling again. "It's filthy. I would rather take my chances with the diseases outside of Carrionplace. It's degrading." Despite his complaining, he couldn't argue much. It was still an important piece of territory he needed to know, even if he'd rather starve than set a paw there. Silverpaw flicked an ear and looked back to Pineblossom, brows lifting with slight surprise at her words about Honeylight. A quiet "huh" was all he had to say toward it for several moments, until adding, "I understand, too." He felt a little lurch about her suggestion to venture there after their first landmark, but the excitement over something new and dangerous was slightly stronger, and Silverpaw smiled as they walked.

The murk they slogged through grew steadily shallower and shallower, until coarse grass cushioned their paws over slick mud. The stooped trees of the deeper territory had grown, too, straightening and strengthening to stand as proud pines and furs, the needles the bristled from their boughs and those that carpeted the grounds picking up a faint sheen from the moonlight. Silverpaw breathed in deep through his nose, savoring the deep, rich scents of evergreens before padding a little ways ahead to stand in the clearing proper. Once he was, he turned back to Pineblossom, and he wasn't shy about squaring up with pride. "I told you I could find the Pine Grove." He called, tail swishing. "Now what? You said we're hunting here-- am I looking for something specific? Are you?"

Throw my better self overboard, shoot at him when he comes up for air.Art credit

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightpawRiverClan
Apprentice
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: begin again, and again, and again [c]   begin again, and again, and again [c] EmptySat 14 Oct 2023 - 10:54

Pineblossom

Pineblossom couldn’t help the small smile when Silverpaw expressed his distaste at the thought of eating rats. She replied, “I certainly hope you never have to be given the choice. I have not been forced to yet, even during the harsh winter in my youth. It would likely be dangerous to try, which is why it is only a last resort.” Eating crowfood and diseased rats could be disastrous for ShadowClan, but if the alternative is the clan dying of starvation, it was at least a slightly higher chance of survival.

An easy smile settled on her face when Silverpaw successfully guided them to the Pine Grove. “Good job. You have a great sense of direction,” she praised with a purr. She looked around and hummed. “Any food is good, especially with leaffall approaching. Lizards and mice are common around here, but how about we both try for something more difficult? Birds, squirrels…perhaps we will even find a rabbit.” Her stomach rumbled at the thought. Rabbits were a rare delicacy, only when they wandered in from WindClan territory, but they were still her favorites. It was so rare to get prey that had so much meat on it compared to the small mice, toads, and lizards they caught.

Pineblossom looked to Silverpaw again. “Don’t stray too far, but let’s see who gets the more impressive catch.”

With a bit of competition sprinkled in to excite Silverpaw, Pineblossom began sniffing around for some prey of her own to find. She encountered a squirrel that was sniffing around for food and she approached carefully. However, she moved a little too clumsily, a little too loudly, and the squirrel suddenly darted up the tree. Her movements have been stiff lately and her body feeling slightly different in a way she couldn’t identify. Now that it was affecting her hunting, she found herself huffing with frustration. She hoped she wasn’t growing old already.

Now that her prey was lost, she looked bac to see if Silverpaw was more successful than her. She certainly hoped so.

Pineblossom attempted to catch a squirrel and was unsuccessful! -3SP.

Rolling Dice…

[OOC: This topic was started before the harsh season began, so we are using greenleaf rolls.]

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Last edited by xaandiir on Sat 14 Oct 2023 - 10:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15175

PostSubject: Re: begin again, and again, and again [c]   begin again, and again, and again [c] EmptySat 14 Oct 2023 - 10:54

The member 'xaandiir' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 9

begin again, and again, and again [c] Mistpe10
begin again, and again, and again [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: begin again, and again, and again [c]   begin again, and again, and again [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

begin again, and again, and again [c]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Territory-
Jump to: