Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Pretend Everything is Alright [O]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3041

Pretend Everything is Alright [O] Empty
PostSubject: Pretend Everything is Alright [O]   Pretend Everything is Alright [O] EmptySat Jan 06, 2024 2:57 pm

Falconmoon felt his strength returning by the day, thanks to efforts of the Skyclan medicine cats. As days wore on, came and went, the tom found himself growing restless. He wasn't Bloodstrike, he knew he needed to take it easy, but he felt his mood souring laying in a nest sunrise after sunrise. "I'll take it easy, but I'd like some air and to stretch my legs. I won't be gone long." He said softly and with a reassuring smile. He meant it. He'd be kind to himself and he'd be back soon. The pale tabby removed himself from his nest, stretched his legs luxuriously, and set out on a short walk. He inhaled the cold, mid-morning air almost greedily, like he'd been holding his breath until he couldn't anymore. He still had a caugh and on occasion would spit out white mucus, but at least it was no longer black or green. He knew who he was, where he was and no longer suffered delirium.

He could tell that his stamina was not at all normal yet, however. He wouldn't strain himself by trying to climb trees, as much as he'd like to. He felt his mood returning to normal, almost even joyful with the slow walk around the new territory. Almost. Thornstalker was dead. He now had kits. He knew their names, had seen them briefly here and there, but he didn't know them at all, nor they him. He'd been too sick to interact and far too gone out of his head with delirium at the time. Even now, he was unsure of what to say. It was like falling asleep to one reality and waking up to a new one. He'd think he'd be used to this feeling by now, alas he was not. It was unsettling, and for once he didn't have a plan for how to approach an awkward situation.

Falconmoon found a spot by the water and bent his head to drink, his tongue lapping the water with the ferocity of an animal dying of thirst. He wasn't of course, but being sick for so long had taken it's toll. Water was his new favorite thing. He had an intention to approach his kits eventually... but what to say? He hadn't gotten that far just yet.

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living:[J]uniperpaw, [Q]uillsplash, [L]eopardkit | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan Apprentice [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior [L]WindClan Kit
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3232

PostSubject: Re: Pretend Everything is Alright [O]   Pretend Everything is Alright [O] EmptySun Jan 07, 2024 12:17 pm

An apple a day keeps anyone away if you throw it hard enough

Shatteredpaw left the nursery with a bundle of moss in his jaws, approaching the puddle of water with the intention of collecting water for the queens. The nursery was cramped full of kits, especially after Paledove brought her litter back. The tom noticed another warrior already drinking from the puddle, but he didn't recall the warrior's name. Probably one of the sickly warriors that never left the medicine den until recently. Shatteredpaw ignored the warrior, didn't make a single move to acknowledge the other cat's presence while he soaked the moss in water.

Quillsplash | Bird / Tom / ShadowClan T4 Warrior / #802318
Juniperpaw / She-Cat / ShadowClan Apprentice / #B9ABB2
Leopardkit / Tom / WindClan Kit / #cc9900

Art Requests | Character Profiles
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 703

PostSubject: Re: Pretend Everything is Alright [O]   Pretend Everything is Alright [O] EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 5:46 am

Honeypaw

"Hey, Shatteredpaw!" Honeypaw yowled and tumbled her way down the small hill leading to the puddle. Her blue eyes were brimming with excitement. "I heard you were getting water for the nursery," she started as she bounded up to her brother, panting. "I want to bring Paledove some fresh moss to line her nest. Do you know of any really good spots in the forest I can find some?" She sniffled.

Her eyes slid past her brother to the warrior on the other side of the puddle.
"Oh," she mewed, shrinking a bit more into her pelt. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize there was someone else here." She gave the warrior a shy smile and a respectful nod, as she'd seen the other apprentices doing. The tom looked as though he'd been slumbering for moons, his fur, while not completely unkept, was flattened and sticking up in odd spots, and he looked thin. With a start, Honeypaw realized she recognized the older cat from her visits to Harekit in the medicine den, but she didn't know his name.

"It's you - I'm glad you seem to be feeling better." Though he was a stranger to her, he was still her clanmate, and she was happy to see that, little by little, the clan was beginning to recover from the illness that had plagued them since before she was born. Though she hadn't managed to escape it herself, she had been able to scrape by with the mildest of symptoms, and they didn't seem to hold her back from her apprentice duties.

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Pretend Everything is Alright [O]   Pretend Everything is Alright [O] EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 10:50 am

Falconmoon's ear swiveled in the direction of approaching paws. Directing his gaze to the apprentices, a wave of guilt washed over him. It was entirely unjustified, but he felt it's crushing weight nonetheless. What was worse that they either didn't know him, or they didn't care. Surely they knew he was their father even though he'd been deliriously sick for quite awhile... or maybe no one told them in case he didn't pull through. You should be used to your children hating you or not knowing you by now. The truth of it stung. He took a breath and forced the memories of his now much older litters aside. He'd ruined any chance of a relationship with those ones... but maybe... maybe he could salvage these.

"Shatteredpaw. Honeypaw." He said kindly in greeting. He didn't have much of a plan for this, so he treated it as if he was greeting strangers, though it felt like swallowing thorns to do so.

"The medicine cats have done their jobs well. You should thank them for their efforts. You can finally actually meet your father now, and have his responses make sense instead of listening to mindless fever talk." He spoke casually and calmly, hoping that his softer tone of voice wouldn't shock them quite as much. As a matter of fact, he dipped his head once more to take a few more laps of water, as if this conversation was so casual and nonchalant it warranted no real emotion.

His feathery white and gold tail wrapped from one side of him to the other while the tip twitched. He was thinking, hiding the fact that he felt tense and uneasy. It would do them no good to see him like that, not after moons of being sick. Why had Starclan brought him back just to make him suffer illness and delirium anyway? Was this some other sort of lesson? Was this from Bloodstrike as a final "Fox you"? There was no telling.

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [C]lovermottle, Brackendawn* Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T3 warrior [L] tier 2 rogue [N] Shadowclan tier 2 warrior [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 2226

PostSubject: Re: Pretend Everything is Alright [O]   Pretend Everything is Alright [O] EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 12:25 pm

Brackenpaw watched as Honeypaw bounded from his side to join the ever moody Shatteredpaw. He followed his sister, several tail lengths behind, listening to his sibling’s conversation, before noticing the warrior opposite the three apprentices. The tom’s blue eyes narrowed taking in the flame point tom. Falconmoon was so familiar and yet so… If only Brackenpaw could put his paw down on who the tom was. It was so close nagging at his mind, the sensation that the warrior wasn’t just another clan mate, but someone far more important. His brow furrowed as he thought and thought and when Falconmoon opened his mouth the connection finally clicked.

“Father!” shouted Brackenpaw out loud, his whole body lightening at the realisation. So his siblings weren’t to be orphans then. Brackenpaw grinned, leaving his siblings’ side and moving closer to his father, inspecting him. Making sure his father was real. “It is good you are well.” he meowed, tail flicking as he took the moment in. “But they need to do a better job on Harekit.” Brackenpaw sniffed, thinking of his sick brother, and how worried he was for him. His sibling and him had been apprentices for almost a moon now, and he still sat in the medicine den. It wouldn’t do, but if Falconmoon had seemed to have been just as sick if not sicker was now out and about maybe there was hope for Harekit.

silverdusk | thunderclan | tier three warrior | 50/120 | #99cc99
louse | rogue | tier two rogue | 50/120 | #669966
nettleweaver | shadowclan | npc tier two warrior | 40/100 | #996666
clovermottle | RiverClan | npc perma queen | 50/80 | #ff9966

Pretend Everything is Alright [O] Giphy

pinterest boards | plotting pages | character profiles | heartchart
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living:[J]uniperpaw, [Q]uillsplash, [L]eopardkit | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan Apprentice [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior [L]WindClan Kit
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3232

PostSubject: Re: Pretend Everything is Alright [O]   Pretend Everything is Alright [O] EmptyWed Jan 10, 2024 12:53 am

An apple a day keeps anyone away if you throw it hard enough

Shatteredpaw greeted his sister with a flick of his ear, a look of fondness in his eyes as he watched her speak. She was so excitetable, it was almost hilarious. He was about to reply to her when he was interupted by the warrior. Out of respect, he kept his mouth shut, but his tongue burned with a sharp reply. He was surprised the warrior could speak in the first place; he was so skinny, he might as well have been dead. What a pathetic sight. And who did he think he was to speak Honeypaw's name? What did this freak want from them? His fur began to bristle, a sure sign that a sharp and often mean comment was coming soon, when the warrior dropped the bombshell.

Their father. This pathetic furball, who looked more bone than flesh, was their father? The cause of Thornstalker's death, the father who was never around their entire kithood even though they had no mother, his sire. Shatteredpaw's lips curled back in disgust. The casual voices of both Brackenpaw and this warrior made his skin burn. How could they be so calm about this? He looked away, declared that he had to bring the water to the queens, then left without sparing even a glance at his "father".

Quillsplash | Bird / Tom / ShadowClan T4 Warrior / #802318
Juniperpaw / She-Cat / ShadowClan Apprentice / #B9ABB2
Leopardkit / Tom / WindClan Kit / #cc9900

Art Requests | Character Profiles
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Pretend Everything is Alright [O]   Pretend Everything is Alright [O] EmptyWed Jan 10, 2024 2:20 am

Honeypaw

Honeypaw's eyes rounded in confusion as the older warrior spoke her and her littermates' names. She was sure they hadn't met before, though she'd seen him lying extremely ill in the medicine den. She had never gotten his name. My father? She sat, stunned, her mind reeling, until the voice of Brackenpaw cut through her thoughts, and he bounded to the warrior's side.

"Father?" she echoed, taking a few tentative steps around the puddle. She watched as Shatteredpaw shockingly ran in the opposite direction without another word. He's upset, she noted, because our father hasn't been around for us, she guessed. In a way she could understand how he felt, but she did not share his anger. Instead, all Honeypaw could feel was relief washing through her and happiness.

"Father, it's so good to finally meet you," she purred, rubbing her tiny body along his. Despite his thin, frail appearance, she could still feel the strength of a warrior below his pelt. Her blue eyes shone up at him. "Are you well enough to rejoin the warriors?" she asked, hopefully. "Will you be able to go on.. patrols??" she could barely suppress her excitement at the idea of patrolling the territory with her father! It had felt like a faraway dream until this point.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Pretend Everything is Alright [O]   Pretend Everything is Alright [O] EmptyWed Jan 10, 2024 1:45 pm

Falconmoon watched the reactions of the apprentices carefully. He hadn't even noticed Brackenpaw until he came bounding out the way he did. The white and gold tom guarded his emotions carefully, uncertain of how they would react to the news... and unfortunately being all too familiar with the hurtful reaction that Shatteredpaw gave him. As he had done many times over... he couldn't blame his son for his emotions. They were more than fair, and Falconmoon was willing to put in the work necessary to bring him around. He watched him go, with a soft sadness and a glimmer of defeat in his gaze, but quickly wiped it away to turn his attention to the others. At least some were happy to see him.

"I believe Harekit will be alright. Everyone heals at their own pace and it's better to be patient. But I thank you for your concern." Honeypaw... Stars her name almost hurt. There was a thorn lodged deep in Falconmoon's heart from a different lifetime when he lost his first and only true love. Honeycomb. He'd cared for Thornstalker, as she had been a sweet and supportive she-cat. He could even say he probably loved her, but there was never a love like your first, even if it did seem like a literal lifetime ago.

"It's a privilege and an honor to finally be able to talk to you. I don't know that I will go back on patrols quite yet, but I am feeling much better. I'll be out with you all soon enough." He gave her a warm smile and a light, affectionate headbutt on the top of her head. "I promised the medicine cats I would take it easy for now. There is no use having all of their efforts go to waste just because I over-exerted myself. But I am eager to go hunting with you all. Perhaps we can spar too and you can show me what you've learned!"

He sounded enthusiastic, and even that much took some wind out of him. Stars... he needed his stamina back soon. He hoped he hid it well, but Shatteredpaw leaving still stung, especially in the manner that he had. One step at a time. He would recover fully, and then he would address his angry, wayward son.

I'm never going to have a normal family, am I? He thought to himself both with some misery as well as comedy. A tom his physical age probably would have panicked, yelled, pleaded... but no. Falconmoon knew where that path lead. He was content to give Shatteredpaw his space for now and approach him at a better time.

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [C]lovermottle, Brackendawn* Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T3 warrior [L] tier 2 rogue [N] Shadowclan tier 2 warrior [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Pretend Everything is Alright [O]   Pretend Everything is Alright [O] EmptyTue Jan 16, 2024 4:24 am

Brackenpaw scoffed as he watched his brother leave, whiskers twitching in amusement. "Don't mind him father, he just doesn't understand how to act like a normal cat." he meowed, sitting beside his dad. The lightly brindled tom raised, a paw to his ears and began washing himself, listening to his siter exchange back and forth. His eyes briefly, skimmed over Falconmoon, between licks, really taking in that this was his father. Brackenpaw crinkled his nose, with a sniff. It was certainly interesting that his father was miraculously better over Harekit, and how come they were never even brought to see the warrior as kits either. He wouldn't have gotten sick, Brackenpaw was certain he must have inherited immunity of some sort and he'd survived the disease before being born, Harekit just hadn't gotten over it as fast. They should have been with their dad, he didn't care about this stupid sickness. He could have done with a father figure.

Yet, Falconmoon was here now, and he was alive. Barely. Maybe that should count for something. Things would change. Shatteredpaw would come around. If Falconmoon believed Harekit would be joining them soon, then everything could begin to fix itself. There was one thing that Brackenpaw knew couldn't be fixed he'd grappled with that already, made up his own terms. There would never be a repeat, no more death in his family.

The apprentice shuffled slightly, setting his paw down neatly, and puffing his chest out. "You can patrol now with us." meowed Brackenpaw trying to make up for lost time, the medicine cats had kept him from his family for long enough, their opinions meant little to him. "Honeypaw and I are both well... Exercise will help you build muscle." Well, the latter advice from the medicine cats he did take into consideration.

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Pretend Everything is Alright [O]   Pretend Everything is Alright [O] EmptyTue Jan 16, 2024 12:08 pm

Honeypaw

Honeypaw listened intently as her father spoke. She could see in him where some of Shatteredpaw's and Brackenpaw's features came from, and she could tell that he had been, at once, a strong, muscular tom. Truly a warrior SkyClan can be proud of.

"How would you like to come gather moss outside camp with me, father?" she mewed, glancing at Brackenkit with an inviting smile. "We could all go. I need to get some for Paledove and her kits. It's not very far at all, and some fresh air might do you some good after being in that musty medicine den for so long, don't you think? Imagine how much we could bring back if we all go! And we could get to spend some time as a family." She imagined the looks on all of the kits' faces when the moss patrol returned with enough moss to line the nests and play a game of moss ball. She looked up at her father with her huge blue eyes, pleading his agreement.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Pretend Everything is Alright [O]   Pretend Everything is Alright [O] EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 2:47 pm

"It's alright. Shatteredpaw is entitled to his own feelings at this news. We'll talk eventually. If he wants some space for now, that's fine with me." He didn't need any of his kits having issues with eachother. It never ended well. At the pleading from both of his kits to go on patrol, he flicked a brief, guilty look in the direction of the medicine den. His uncertainty and guilt didn't last long though. He too wanted to spend time with his kits, and as long as he was careful with himself, that should be okay. Right?

"I can handle collecting some moss." He chuckled as he stood, ready to follow them to where ever it was they wanted to go. "You're going to get me in trouble. Let's do it." He gave them a playful grin. Resting and healing was valuable, but time with family was never guaranteed and was far from replaceable. He'd graciously take whatever scolding the medicine cats would have for him when he returned.

"You'll have to show me where to go. This territory is still new to me." They'd probably like leading him around anyway. And likely... they would show him places that excited them and made them happy for whatever reason, details that he intended to memorize and use later.

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Pretend Everything is Alright [O]   Pretend Everything is Alright [O] EmptyThu Jan 25, 2024 1:57 am

"Not really," meowed Brackenpaw, flicking his tail "He should be thankful. We already lost mum why does he want to lose his father after getting him back? He's spoilt... Probably because he's the youngest. With a sigh, Brackenpaw pushed himself to his paws, and padded towards Honeypaw. He grinned at his sister "We should have been named Mischiefpaw and Sillypaw for all the trouble we get into." He winked at Honeypaw reminiscing on their owl escapades, and the time they almost killed Harepaw - all in good spirits of course. The tom paused, waiting for Falconmoon to follow them. "Well come on then!" meowed Brackenpaw impatiently, dancing on his toes excitedly. He lowered his voice and turned his attention to Honeypaw "We should go to the rocks by the lake, they're covered in moss, and we can show our father the territory on the way." A greater journey would mean more time for them to bond with Falconmoon.

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Pretend Everything is Alright [O]   Pretend Everything is Alright [O] EmptySat Jan 27, 2024 2:16 pm

Honeypaw

Honeypaw's eyes lit up as her father accepted her invitation.

"That's great!" she yowled, leaping into the air. Her eyes glittered as Brackenpaw agreed to go with them. "I'm so excited! That's a great spot. Lead the way, Brackenpaw!" She bounced around her father, nuzzling up against him. "Don't worry about the medicine cats, father," she mewed, "It'll be good for you! We won't go far, and if we have to turn back, it's okay." She grinned. "Besides, I'll tell them it was my idea."

Moss patrol with our father! Honeypaw mused. I never thought that could happen! Her tail lifted high, she followed Brackenpaw as the little patrol started to make their way out of camp, her heart soaring higher than it ever had before. You see us, Thornstalker? she prayed, hoping her mother was watching from StarClan as her kits meet their father.

Love Letter to WCC

Last edited by uwubers on Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Pretend Everything is Alright [O]   Pretend Everything is Alright [O] EmptyMon Jan 29, 2024 7:00 pm

Falconmoon followed them both, feeling optimistic albeit awkward too. He should know them better than this. It wasn't his fault. He would have been there more, but it still didn't sit well with him that he felt so uncertain of what to do next. Aside from Tornshadow, Calypso, he rarely had a close relationship with any of his kits. They'd always hated him. As for Brackenpaw, he was entitled to how he felt about his brother. Falconmoon wasn't here to tell them what to do or how to think, not after being so absent from their lives for so long.

"Well, Mischiefpaw and Sillypaw... as long as you both take the blame I am sure a fully recognized warrior will be forgiven. You've convinced me." He was not unkind, nor was he expressing his unwillingness to go further. Not in the slightest.

"So which of you is Michief and which of you is Silly?" He thought he might know, but he wanted them to talk. Despite his history, he wasn't as sharp on the socializing as he used to be. His silver tongue had rusted after all, it would seem.

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Pretend Everything is Alright [O]   Pretend Everything is Alright [O] EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 1:21 am

A kit like giggle escaped Brackenpaw's maw as Falconmoon played into their game. "It's this way." he meowed trotting ahead, his tail held high like a signal beckoning Honeypaw and his father. He allowed Honeypaw to do the talking for as excited as Brackenpaw was to hang out with hs father finally, he couldn't form the words or emotions he was looking for. It was best to stay out of the way, and leave the tricky thinking bits up to Honeypaw. Brackenpaw halted suddenly in his tracks, hardly giving any notice. 'There!" he yelled excitedly using his tail to point to some rocks in a clearing "They may look like nothing, but that's the best rocks you'll find for sunning on round here." he cringed a little having interrupted thier conversatioon, but kept moving towards the lake.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pretend Everything is Alright [O]   Pretend Everything is Alright [O] Empty

Back to top Go down

Pretend Everything is Alright [O]
Page 1 of 1