Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

grass beneath my paws [o]

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
verychuu

verychuu

Characters : bubblenose, thymelight, smallfawn, pantherpounce, cardinalkit
Clan/Rank : rc warrior, skc mc, skc permaqueen, wc warrior, sc kit
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 989

grass beneath my paws [o] Empty
PostSubject: grass beneath my paws [o]   grass beneath my paws [o] EmptyWed 15 Sep 2021 - 21:02

It had been a long day, almost too long, so when Daystar found that she had the opportunity to lead a hunting patrol, she was over the moon. Hunting with a crowd had never been one of her preferred hobbies, but today seemed different. She longed to be out of camp as much as possible, living and being in the presence of her Clanmates. The leaders' den was empty and quiet, which brought her great amounts of peace, but she always felt a small sense of shame whenever she padded into that den. The connotations that came with it were enough to make her feel ill.

The moor never failed to brighten her spirit. With her patrol at her tail and the scent of prey at her nose, Daystar was relieved to feel the faintest of smiles creep upon her face. She decided that there was no point in wasting any time. The she-cat lifted her nose slightly as she padded off and headed toward the first distinct smell she could pick out. The bird that she spotted was brown and black, and its beak was lowered as it picked at the ground for any sign of food that it could call its own. Daystar swiftly lowered herself into the hunting crouch before padding forward to catch her prey of choice. It was too quick for her though. It spread its bi-colored wings before taking off into the air and leaving nothing behind. The leader attempted to hold back a sigh of contempt. It was as if birds were getting more and more clever these days.

daystar failed to catch a bird. it cost her 3 sp.
157/160

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』

Last edited by verychuu on Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 21:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Characters : bubblenose, thymelight, smallfawn, pantherpounce, cardinalkit
Clan/Rank : rc warrior, skc mc, skc permaqueen, wc warrior, sc kit
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 989

PostSubject: Re: grass beneath my paws [o]   grass beneath my paws [o] EmptyWed 15 Sep 2021 - 21:03

dice roll

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15086

PostSubject: Re: grass beneath my paws [o]   grass beneath my paws [o] EmptyWed 15 Sep 2021 - 21:03

The member 'verychuu' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

grass beneath my paws [o] Mistpe10
grass beneath my paws [o] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
KatzJump

KatzJump

Characters : Maplewhisker | Willowbreeze | Jaggedkit | Cloverfrost
Clan/Rank : WC T4 Warrior | RC T2 Warrior | SKC Kit | RC Elder
Capricorn Rooster
Number of posts : 381

PostSubject: Re: grass beneath my paws [o]   grass beneath my paws [o] EmptyThu 16 Sep 2021 - 19:22

Maplewhisker followed Daystar out of the camp, the greenleaf sun warming her pelt.  Through the heat, though, she thought she detected the faintest edge of the approaching leaf-fall.  She shuddered as she thought of the cold that came with it, along with the lack of prey.  Hunting would be as important now as during those chilly moons, even though the fresh-kill pile was currently constantly full.  The clan would need to fatten up in order to get lasting energy to take on leaf-bare.  Maplewhisker's thoughts drifted back to the current hunt as she lifted her nose to detect the abundant scents of greenleaf prey.

Maplewhisker focused in on one distinctive scent.  Hare! she thought with excitement I was hoping to go for a run today!  She slowly padded across the moor, the dusty ground solid beneath her paws.  Treading silently as to not alert her prey, she crept along the earth until the prey-scent grew stronger, overwhelming her.  The hare was close.  Maplewhisker peered over a ridge to see her goal was in sight.  It was nibbling on something, she couldn't tell what, so it didn't detect it's impending doom.  As she leaped, the hare detected her at the last second, almost a moment too late.  It took off across the moor, Maplewhisker in hot pursuit.  She quickly gained on the animal, and with a final burst of energy she took it down.  Giving silent thanks to StarClan, she padded in the direction she had come, hoping to catch back up to the rest of the patrol.

Last edited by KatzJump on Thu 16 Sep 2021 - 19:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: grass beneath my paws [o]   grass beneath my paws [o] EmptyThu 16 Sep 2021 - 19:22

The member 'KatzJump' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 1

Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 2502

PostSubject: Re: grass beneath my paws [o]   grass beneath my paws [o] EmptyMon 20 Sep 2021 - 20:25

The dusky glower rippling over the grass did little to assuage Ryesnap's soul. There was so much to do, and so much to think about, that it made his head somersault. He didn't like this new phase of his life, where he "cared" about things. It was much more work than it looked like when he was a very dumb apprentice. Now, he tried to force himself to think about how the prey was running, what the clan was dealing with, and how his sister was doing. It didn't come naturally. Going on this patrol, in a group, was not natural.

If his father wasn't a rogue, and if it wasn't still very sore, he might find it in him to joke about how he was made for the loner lifestyle. It didn't feel very funny.

He watched Daystar crash after a mottled bird, a she-cat not that much older than him, and couldn't restrain himself from the giggle that burst from his throat. He trotted after her, determined to make his gentle mockery known, with a tail held high in bright greeting. "You know they fly, right?" he teased, confident that she was close enough in age that she would not take severe insult to a warrior giving his leader the run-around. "You gotta go like this..."

The tom crawled nearly on his belly after the bird which fled Daystar's paws. With inscrutable concentration, Ryesnap placed pawpad to ground in a deeply methodical approach, though he was unable to escape the lightning in his joints which made his legs jerk out so impulsively. It was not perfect, but it was good enough, and when he was close the tom lunged up and out of the grass at the bird. He narrowly grazed the fowl's right wing, catching it upon his claws and bringing it down to earth with him. He popped up out of the crisp overgrowth to face Daystar with a mischievous twinkle and his catch in tow.

Ryesnap attempted to catch a bird. Success! [-3]

grass beneath my paws [o] TpKJUN0

Rushkit | RiverClan Kit | #4b5320
Lionpaw | ThunderClan Apprentice | #cb945f

Last edited by Grizzly on Mon 20 Sep 2021 - 20:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: grass beneath my paws [o]   grass beneath my paws [o] EmptyMon 20 Sep 2021 - 20:25

The member 'Grizzly' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 1

Back to top Go down
Your Every Day Cat

Your Every Day Cat

Characters : Alive: (Q)uickfrost (B)luekit (A)vernus Dead:(J)aysong (B)rightpaw OnePaw (Or)angeheart (C)reamfrost (F)rostPaw (D)ark(anyone remember this guy?)
Clan/Rank : (Q)WindClan T1 Warrior, (B)Shadowclan Kit, (A)T1 Rouge
Leo Buffalo
Number of posts : 640

PostSubject: Re: grass beneath my paws [o]   grass beneath my paws [o] EmptyTue 21 Sep 2021 - 15:04

Frostpaw watched as Ryesnap caught the bird and wanted to do it herself but then she smelled a rabbit and thought might as well go for it. As she ran as fast as she could to reach it.

Frostpaw attempted to catch a bird costing 3 SP
Success!

Last edited by Your Every Day Cat on Tue 21 Sep 2021 - 15:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: grass beneath my paws [o]   grass beneath my paws [o] EmptyTue 21 Sep 2021 - 15:04

The member 'Your Every Day Cat' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 2

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: grass beneath my paws [o]   grass beneath my paws [o] Empty

Back to top Go down

grass beneath my paws [o]
Page 1 of 1