Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

our words beneath our paws [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2953

our words beneath our paws [c] Empty
PostSubject: our words beneath our paws [c]   our words beneath our paws [c] EmptySat Nov 25, 2023 8:05 pm

Whisperear

The sun set over the distant horizon, streaming golden light through the wide open windows of the barns and painting the barn’s interior with oranges and yellows. Whisperear and Brackenwing rest on the top floor of the barn, watching the sunset and letting the cool leaffall breeze blow through their fur. Whisperear shut their eyes and felt the warmth across their muzzle. It was a quiet evening while Rose was out and Whisperear enjoyed their company with Brackenwing.

They looked over at Brackenwing. They have not regretted leaving WindClan with them for a second. It had been a nice time, and they enjoyed every day they got to spend with Brackenwing without the stress of what WindClan had become. They never exactly labeled what they were; they were comfortable with one another, but friendnever quite seemed enough to encompass their feelings for her. They thought about Flickerkit, and how she had called them mates, and how flustered they had both been at the time…they weren’t sure that they would be so flustered now.

I’m glad that we came here together, Whisperear said. These days have been so nice. I couldn’t have asked for a better outcome.
WindClan • Elder • They/Them • 55 | 50 • #9999cc
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5645

PostSubject: Re: our words beneath our paws [c]   our words beneath our paws [c] EmptySun Nov 26, 2023 6:06 pm

Brackenwing stretched out beside Whisperear, watching the setting sun through half-closed eyes. A cool breeze was pleasant against her short fur, and Whisperear's company was always welcomed. Barn life had been tranquil, quiet. A far cry from the turmoil and tension that had surrounded the clans. The seasons changed, but Brackenwing found herself more content than she had been in a long time.

"I haven't regretted it, not for a moment. Yet, if you had wanted to stay, I would have." She replied, head turning to face the pale cat beside her, a soft smile settling onto her face at their words. "It's nice, to not worry about what drama the next day will bring. It''s hard to remember a time as peaceful."

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: our words beneath our paws [c]   our words beneath our paws [c] EmptyWed Nov 29, 2023 3:57 pm

Whisperear

Brackenwing’s quiet words brought a smile to Whisperear’s face. They replied, Certainly…It is nice not having to dread the full moon anymore, wondering what terrible news would be brought back. They did still sometimes wonder what was going on with the clans, but it was the relaxation of not knowing that kept them from regretting their decision. Life here was peaceful, and it was warm together.

Their gaze focused on Brackenwing again and they shifted slightly so they pressed up against each other. They said, I am comfortable exactly as we are…but I have also been doing some thinking. I look forward to each day spent with you, and have since way before we were eldered. I know that my racing across the forest when you were struck by that monster contributed to my declining health, but I would have done it over again in a heartbeat. I am happy to spend the rest of my life by your side in whatever capacity…So. Would you be alright with calling me your mate?
WindClan • Elder • They/Them • 55 | 50 • #9999cc
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5645

PostSubject: Re: our words beneath our paws [c]   our words beneath our paws [c] EmptyWed Nov 29, 2023 8:28 pm

"You can't convince me full moons aren't cursed." Brackenwing had often grumbled about such thoughts in the past, though now that she had spent time away from Windclan and was no longer obligated to go to gatherings or care, her grumbling was on the lighter side. Less vitriolic.

Whisperear pressed against her, and a purr rumbled in her chest at the contact as they spoke. "I'm grateful. I do wish you hadn't needed to sacrifice your own health for it. You pulled through, though. We both did. I'm glad for that." She mewed. Had it not been for Whisperear's sprint across the territory, she very well might have died that day. Their bodies were broken and worn, but their lives were now peaceful and quiet.

Whisperear's next words caught her off guard, green eyes lifting to amber in surprise. "I had thought about asking... I- I was afraid to." She admitted sheepishly. "I didn't know what you would say and I... I don't know."

"I do know that you're who I want to spend my days with, Whisperear. I've known that for... longer than I care to admit." A rueful half-smile formed, though with the revelation of Whisperear's question, Brackenwing found it harder to be embarrassed about admitting it than she thought. "Yes. I would. I... guess this takes the trouble out of asking the same of you?" She asked, a hint of joyous laughter in her gaze now.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: our words beneath our paws [c]   our words beneath our paws [c] EmptyThu Nov 30, 2023 6:14 pm

Whisperear

Brackenwing’s words were tentative, but warm, and she seemed sheepish more than anything. Her embarrassment was cute, and it made Whisperear’s heart swell with love. They laughed at the returned question and nodded. I don’t think there would be any trouble in calling you my mate in turn.

Ah. They didn’t realize how nice it would be to say that. Brackenwing, my mate. It made their heart flutter like little birds in their chest. How silly that it took us so long to say such a simple word.

They rested against Brackenwing and looked out at the setting sun again. This was not how they expected their life to turn out, but they were happy about it. It turned out better than they had hoped.
Loner • Elder • They/Them • 55 | 50 • #9999cc
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: our words beneath our paws [c]   our words beneath our paws [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

our words beneath our paws [c]
Page 1 of 1