Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale]

Go down 
+37
Holly
RainyHeart
Cays
Peridot
sumashira
Mosspelt
feahter
Chickenwing
Stormy
Patch
rhindon
Maple
Grizzly
Aspen
deer
Ice
JJ
Falcarolwing
Fox
Yoshachu
Reaper King
Ash
Spooksjolly
Silvershadow
Knight
PandaPi
Mistpelt
Emberglow
KatzJump
Pickle
Sun
cotton
Green'Heart
blossomheart
Frostfur
WildHunt
Ankle
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale] - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale]   May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale] - Page 38 EmptyWed 13 May 2020 - 18:40

Mossbloom worked as quickly and steadily as she could, focusing all of her energy into one of the few SkyClan warriors who had stayed. She looked young, and the medicine cat didn't recognize her pelt or name - was she a new warrior? Finally, she sat back on her haunches exhausted, and surveyed the clearing. The StarClan cats that arrived set out to make quick work of the remaining Righteous Few, fighting alongside friends and kin. Scorchstar was merely a few tail-lengths away, and she nodded respectfully towards him, recalling his leadership on the shore of the lake following the flood. Her heart pulled as she attempted to resist the urge to look around, afraid of what she might not see. Suddenly, her eyes landed on a familiar pelt, and she stared in wide-eyed shock. "Mom?..." She whispered as she got to her paws, leaving the two SkyClan warriors as she made her way through the crowded clearing after the starry she-cat.

Dappleshine's eyes closed, head hitting the ground as the last of her energy left her limbs. The clearing wouldn't stop spinning, and what point was there anyway? A distantly familiar voice, one she had only heard once before, cut through the haze, and her ears slowly pricked up. This voice.... Where did she know it from? Her blue eyes opened, and landed on the crooked smile of a tom that she stared at for a few moments before recognition crossed her features. "Gingerstripe? Father? Is that you? Did I perish?" Looking past him, she saw Vixenstar still standing and flinched, trying and failing to get to her paws once again. So she wasn't dead after all... Had StarClan truly come to help now? Everything was still spinning, but as she carefully placed her paws to rise from the ground shakily, another vaguely familiar pelt crossed her vision. A distant dream, long ago, one she had seen rotting in her kithood before finally seeing in it's true state at the Moonstone. "Mom.... Oh thank StarClan.... You're really here....." Honeytongue was there now, lashing out. Taking strength in her family, living and dead, her paws slowly steadied before Vixenstar fell under her mother's paws. Wordlessly, and without caring to see if the terrible she-cat stood once more, she moved into to press her muzzle into her mother's chest, breathing in her scent for the first time in many moons, and the first in the living world since her death. "Is... Is she happy? Is she safe? Did... Did she make it? Does she know how much I love her? How sorry I am? And my two other kits, are they still as beautiful as they were when they took their first breaths before they were cut so short? What about Thornstar, and Torrentstar? Has he forgiven me? Mother....." Her voice broke as a sob made her chest heave, and she closed her eyes to simply press into the fur at Dewshine's chest.

Another starry figure Goldengale didn't recognize came to their sides, and she braced herself for a blow she was sure to come.... Until it didn't. Instead, the tom lashed out at the Righteous Few cat, and she disappeared in a flurry before their eyes. Galestar? What did that snake have to do with this? She stared in stunned silence, her wounds stinging and aching. Her tail hung limp behind her as she slowly looked away from where the body of Cypressflame had been moments before to survey the remnants of the swiftly ending battle. Was that Swiftstep? She could have sworn she saw him dart by, and then just past him, launching a vicious attack, she knew that pelt. No, that wasn't right. Her father was dead, she wouldn't see him until she died. Had she died? Her brow furrowed in confusion as she noted that she still registered the pain from her wounds, and her paws still shook. She was almost certainly alive, unless all of the tales of StarClan were lies. Which, they very well may be considering the actions of the Righteous Few. She couldn't stop staring at the tom's back though, his fur a slightly muted version of her own. His movements, the nick in the ear.... If it wasn't her father, it was a cat with uncanny likeness. Slowly, she started to make her way towards him, following the tom towards where Aspenheart stood with Clovertwist, Softpaw, and Morningpaw's motionless body. Concern for her granddaughter clouded her gaze as she made her way towards the group as he embraced Aspenheart feeling like she was floating, the gaping and bleeding wounds pulling with every step. Finally, she stood behind him, still having not yet seen his face. Her voice was barely over a whisper as she mewed, "....Dad?... Is it.... Is that you?....."

Blossomstep's eyes blinked as she felt her mate press his nose into the fur along her neck, and a rough purr rumbled in her chest as she tried to lick his ears soothingly. "I'll be just fine, my love. I didn't make it this far to give up now, after all. I won't give that foxheart the pleasure of taking me with her. I'm just tired, that's all." She pressed her nose to the top of his head as she closed her eyes, relaxing at his side for a moment as reunions sounded around them. Mossbloom disappeared from her side, and she was relieved to find that most of the worst wounds were tended to. Rolling onto her belly, she looked to thank the medicine cat, only to find she had vanished into the crowd. She frowned slightly as she looked to Wolfcall's side, and recognized the ShadowClan deputy next to a larger, fluffier tom that also smelled of ShadowClan. Despite not knowing who he was exactly, the stars in his fur and the way he held himself seemed to demand respect. "Thank you, for your help." She mewed softly before turning back to her mate and nuzzling his head with her maw.

Badgerstar's eyes met hers, and she glared at him unflinchingly as his voice reached her ears, calling out against her. "I don't expect them to, Badgerstar, I'll accept my punishment with what dignity I have left. I don't care what I am in regards to you anymore." As the tom fell to the ground, she stared back into his eyes, his feeble attempt at a swing failing. "It's over, Badgerstar. Give up." Raventail rose to give the final blow, and as the group surrounded him she stepped back, giving them space while she secluded herself to the best of her ability before sitting and facing the clans, StarClan included. There was only one fight ongoing now, but Brackenstar would soon fall as well, of that she was certain. For now... She would brace herself to face her fate.

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale] - Page 38 Giphy
Back to top Go down
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Characters : Flamethrower, Jaculus
Clan/Rank : [F] Rogue [T1], [J] Rogue [T1]
Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 1217

PostSubject: Re: May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale]   May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale] - Page 38 EmptyWed 13 May 2020 - 18:55

Rainstrike stepped to the side, her paws quick, and avoiding his claws. Minkstream growled in return, warily moving back out of range, ready for another strike, his wounds bleeding, his heart smoldering.

And then a call rang through the battle around him, and a pelt brushed against his. Something broke through the rage hazing his vision as she stepped toward the other molly, her words cutting into the former-warrior, turned coward, in front. Batbite's claws flashed, but Rainstrike avoided them again.

He tensed, eyes narrowing, claws flexing, a new energy flooding into his limbs. She can't defeat us.

She seemed to know it, too.

His tail lashed behind him as she fell to her haunches, her words bringing an incredulous snarl to his lips. She'd give up, just like that? After everything she'd done? A growl rumbled in his throat, and for just a moment, he was tempted to keep going, to ignore it. But that wouldn't make anything better. It would only make him like her.

And he was tired of all the blood. Revenge was a poison, leaving him empty. It wouldn't help.

Reluctantly, he sheathed his claws, his eyes coldly returning her blazing stare. "You're a monster, Rainstrike. Your words don't mean anything."

He turned his eyes away from her to look over the clearing, half-expecting her to have been faking and leap up at him again. But that one glance showed why she hadn't. It wasn't just the numbers against her... all around, in the clearing, new cats had come. And they were... fighting against the others? He stiffened as some of them came into focus, familiar pelts, pelts he'd once known - if vaguely.

A sudden, irrational hope filled his chest, and he swung his eyes over them, searching for a set of more familiar pelts, dearly loved ones. Ones he would know even if he was standing at High Stones and gazing into the clearing.

But there were none. The hopeful feeling quietly died, softening to a dull ache. A blink, and he took his eyes from them, stifling the sigh that wanted out of his chest as he turned back to Batbite. "It looks like it's over."

pics of me cats:

In order from left to right
Jaculus | Flamethrower
Ded/Missing:
Swansong | Rift | Cleft Spyre | Sablepaw/Lirista | Minkstar | Murkpaw
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/stoneflew/
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6739

PostSubject: Re: May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale]   May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale] - Page 38 EmptyWed 13 May 2020 - 19:29

Gingerstripe's smile grew as he saw his mate appear out of the starry flood, as beautiful as she had been in life. With the same fierce, fighting spirit that he knew lie protected in her kind heart, Dewshine finished off the fox-heart who had hurt their daughter. The RiverClan tom rushed forward with a purr and enveloped his mate in a hug, then looked at Dappleshine again. His smile only grew as he stared at her, proud of the strong warrior she'd become- then, he faltered a little bit as she burst into tears. "I'm sorry it took us so long," he murmured, shame burning up his pelt along with a resurgence of anger at those "righteous" pieces of fox-dung that had locked them all away. "I would have torn the world apart to help you if I could... but as it is, I'm glad that we were finally able to get here. I'm... so sorry... for all you've lost. Just know that Dacedream and Sedgekit and Smudgekit, and even Thornstar and Torrenstar, are safely home where they belong." He smiled tenderly at his kit and nuzzled the fur on top of her head. "They love you, sweet heart. Just as we love you."

As he stood there among his family again, however, the fur on the back of his neck prickled up. His gaze darted to the side, seeing something that caught his attention. Although he was loath to leave the daughter he'd never gotten to know in life, he was needed somewhere. He had to go. His eyes lingered on Dewshine, however, then on Dappleshine. "I'll be right back," he promised. "We have a lot to catch up on... but first, talk with your mother. There is something I must do."

He stood up tall again, tall for a RiverClanner, and scanned the sea of bloodshed and fur for the pair that had originally caught his eye. He saw them in a moment- one she-cat laying, seemingly unordinary, among those who had fallen, and an old starry tom slumped by her side. In a few moments, thanks to his long strides, he had reached them. Ashcloud's ears were flat against his head as he stared at the dead form of Ivystar. Her neck wound was no longer a horrifying gash, but Gingerstripe still winced a little to see it. The poor leader had gone too soon... and StarClan hadn't been there to help her.

Well, now they were.

Gingerstripe lay his tail across Ashcloud's back, nodding at the older RiverClan tom. "You didn't fail... everyone just needs a little bit of help now and then. What one of those fox-hearts wrought will not be that easily undone." His voice suddenly transitioned from peaceful and calm to a forceful snarl. "But I'll rot in the dark forest before I let them have that victory over RiverClan. I will not let that traitor Sunspark do that much damage to our Clan. I'll finish what you started."

The StarClan tom straightened his shoulders, focusing his attention on the leader's body. "Ivystar." His voice was clear and commanding, separate from the cacophony that emanated from the clearing. "It was not your time to die. RiverClan needs you... with the power of StarClan, I command you to return from your rest. Death will come to you in time, but for now your lives will not be stripped so easily. Come back." Gingerstripe bent down and touched his nose to the wound in Ivystar's neck. As he did so, the stars set in his ethereal pelt began to glow, and soon he and Ashcloud and Ivystar were enveloped in a blindingly bright light.

Come back, Ivystar.

When the light faded, the wound on Ivystar's neck was gone. Gingerstripe exhaled and sat back, gazing at the leader. "Eight lives left, Ivystar... use them wisely." A small smile touched his face. "Welcome back. Take good care of my Clan."

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon, Flurrykit - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior [F] Unborn ThunderClan Kit
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7406

PostSubject: Re: May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale]   May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale] - Page 38 EmptyWed 13 May 2020 - 19:49

As Vixenstar faded from view, Honeytongue wanted to shout some final words in the she-cat's direction. That she had deserved this fate, that she should have known better than to mess with them. That...She wasn't sure. The anger that had fueled her was starting to fade, the energy that had carried her this far was giving away to...Tiredness. She hadn't the words to speak, simply raising her head to give Dappleshine a long, sad look before she turned and trudged away. Victory had been had...But at what cost? She didn't dare look across the battlefield, to see what bodies laid still and who were still fighting. It wasn't only that she didn't want to look for any cats to fight...But perhaps a fear of seeing that still pelt again and the weight of what had been lost would truly sink in.

For now, she had to return to her boys. Her tail dragged along the ground as she slowly approached, slowly working her way around to circle the both of them before she allowed herself to just...Collapse. It felt almost silly. She hadn't been hurt, there wasn't a single scratch on her. She had been lucky and yet she felt like she had been hit by a Monster. Tiredness sank deep into her bones, a darkness she had long thought defeated started to rise in her head and she curled her tail around her two sons, drawing them closer to her as she rested her head on Spiderquill's shoulder. "I'm here," she murmured softly, a heavy sigh escaping her body. "I'm safe. We...We're gonna be alright."

She wasn't sure she believed that herself, thought.

Her eyes sadly scanned the battlefield, doing her best to not focus on any of the still bodies...Until a pelt caught her attention. Her breath caught in her throat, fear striking deep in her heart as memories she had always tried to forget started to unfurl. Waking up, trying to stir her friend but she wasn't moving, she wasn't breathing, why wasn't she waking up. She was dead, - she...She should have known! She should have gotten her help sooner, made her go to the medicine cat's den when it was clear that she was sick. It was her fault. Once again she saw the still body of her friend, but she was...She was standing. She was moving. She was...Alive. But...She also wasn't. "...Mudfrost?" she whispered, her voice cracking and breaking. It was her. It had to be her. She knew that pelt, it haunted her dreams and sent her shivering awake with guilt. But now it was among the crowd, pelt glimmering with stars. She was here, she had come to help them... "M-Mudfrost!" she barely found the energy to raise her head, calling out toward the spirit of her friend as she prayed that Mudfrost had heard her.

That was until something else caught her attention. There was a movement, something catching her eyes. As much as she hated it, her eyes fell on the still form of Ivystar. A StarClan cat had approached her and was doing...Something. Her heart suddenly leapt as she glanced back towards the medicine cats, realizing that Flintstar was gone. He had been resurrected - she was certain she had seen him rushing into combat. If he was alive...Then maybe - then maybe..! Her eyes fell back, watching as slowly...Ivystar stirred. "Ivystar!" she sobbed in relief, energy suddenly filling her body as she jumped to her paws and darted away from Spiderquill and Ashpaw. She was alive, oh lilystems she was alive! Her paws barely touched the ground as she sprinted...Before throwing herself full-force at her mate. "Y-You had us all so worry! E-Everybody else is fine, oh we are going to be just fine! The battle is over, we won. We..." tears streamed down her face as she buried her head into Ivystar's neck, barely giving the newly resurrected leader time to gather herself.

"We are going to be okay."

May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale] - Page 38 ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon ~ Flurrykit
TC T5 Leader ~ SC T5 Warrior ~ SkC T5 Warrior ~ RC Apprentice~ WC T2 Warrior ~ Unborn TC Kit
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue ~ Slategray
Back to top Go down
Peridot

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale]   May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale] - Page 38 EmptyWed 13 May 2020 - 20:20

With the arrival of StarClan to help the Clan cats beat back the Righteous Few, Olivestone found herself without another enemy to fight, as the only two left standing had more opponents than a large patrol. Taking a deep breath, she found that her paws were shaking from the adrenaline that was coursing through her body, and sat down, the pain from her wounds finally catching up with her. She sat down, to keep her legs from giving out from underneath her, and the starry warrior Cobaltfire sat down beside her. The starry warrior touched her nose to Olivestone's ear, and the deputy felt her minor wounds recede, the pain going along with them. She nodded her thanks, and settled down, tucking her legs underneath her.

For a few minutes they sat in silence, watching the final battles rage, when Zinnia caught Olivestone's eye, and she watched, resisting the urge to jump in, to fight alongside the cat she'd grown fond of. She knew though that her strength wasn't needed, and that there'd be other times to fight for her, as scary as that thought may be. Cobaltfire traced Olivestone's gaze, her own, too, landing on Zinnia. With a smile, Cobaltfire spoke up.
"Feelings are funny things. The strength of one's feelings lead many astray, or towards their destinies. Life can be so fleeting, that feelings towards one another shouldn't be kept hidden, especially if the other party reciprocates them. I know it's hard to tell sometimes, but it's worth finding out."

Olivestone looked up at the starry she-cat in near alarm, the implications of Cobaltfire's words hitting a bit too close to home. In the past moon, she'd come to terms with her affection towards Zinnia, how she loved how her fur shone, how she loved her gentle voice and kind demeanor...
She smiled a bit sheepishly as a warm blush crept onto her face, and she was glad that her gray fur hid it, though she was sure that Cobaltfire could tell it was there.
"I-I'm not sure I'm ready to say anything to anyone regarding my feelings... though I do need to tell Ferretdance how I like she-cats instead of toms..."

The starry she-cat chuckled knowingly, speaking once more as she swept her plumed tail around the deputy.
"I've watched you since you and your brother set foot in the Clan, and while I died seasons and seasons before you were born, I've grown to love you two like my own children. My mate in life has also joined me in the stars, and I know how nice it is to have someone to love. I can tell you doubt whether you should be forward with how you feel about dear Zinnia, but perhaps the idea won't be so scary if I told you that she's had you on her mind, much like how she's been on yours."

Olivestone ducked her head a little as Cobaltfire laid bare her knowledge of her feelings, but looked up towards the starry warrior hopefully as she hinted that her feelings weren't unrequited, as she'd spent many a sleepless night worrying about. Cobaltfire smiled back, knowing that her words had gotten through to Olivestone.

The pair sat there in relative silence until another starry pelt caught her eye. Elmskip...
Olivestone rose to her paws, finding that her paws no longer shook from adrenaline, but that her body was bone-tired from all of the energy she'd spent fighting. Regardless, she still stood, and turned to Cobaltfire.
"Thank you. I'll... I'll be sure to tell Zinnia how I feel. Not right now, but after everything calms down."

Hesitation stopped her from approaching her late father, and she murmured,
"I want to talk to Elmskip, but I don't know what I would say to him."

Another serene smile crossed Cobaltfire's face as she responded,
"Go to him. He loves you, and he'll be sure to want to see you again. Even if there are few words to say, the strongest feelings can rarely be described."

It was Olivestone's turn to smile, and she murmured a quick "Thank you," before she turned and trotted across the clearing, slowing as she approached Elmskip.
"Elmskip? Dad? It's me... Olivestone."

Last edited by Peridot on Wed 13 May 2020 - 20:25; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9993

PostSubject: Re: May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale]   May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale] - Page 38 EmptyWed 13 May 2020 - 20:21

Familiar voices started to flood the clearing. Ploverpuddle's yellow eyes widen as soon as he was freed from the dead cats grasps by someone who helped him settle into Windclan once again. Barleytuft.. oh stars they were all here. They were really still on their side. Before the large gray tom could speak up another sweet voice spoke to him. A voice he thought be wouldn't hear again in this life time. "Mom..."

Even as the other cats living and dead raced forward to take out the lay remaining of the Starclan traitors, Ploverpuddle stayed rooted in his spot. His eyes remaining on the starry pelt of his mother. As Barleytuft spoke to him again he looked away for just a second, dipping his head in thanks for the compliment. Not being able to form words even has the tom moved away.

Words could not even begin to describe what he felt. The exhaustion, the joy, the pain it all joined together but it didn't matter for his Mother was right there.. her pelt shining showing his matched hers, but her small form was something he never took after.

"I.. I.. I am so happy to see you.." he said to Gustpuddle padding closer to her if being his wounds. But wait.. If she was here did that mean? Did he come..? "Is.. Is he?" He asked not being able to finish his sentence, overwhelmed by the though of meeting his father for the first time.

As soon Owlstar had fallen Crowstar watched with yellow eyes narrowed into slits as the others quickly rushed to take on the other dead leaders that had betrayed them. As much as the large black tom itched to join the fight there were other important things going on. Besides the remaining ones couldn't stand up to the strength of the living and the rage of the dead.

Yellow eyes scanned the clearing looking for the familiar small form of his mate, and the colors of both her and his son's pelt. He may have never met his son in life but he had watched over him every second he could. We'll both Ploverpuddle and Skyclan. Once he had noticed them he moved closer, taking his time watching the moment between Mother and Son.

Crowstar couldn't help but freeze in his spot for a second as soon as he heard Ploverpuddle ask if he was there, or at least attempt. His yellow eyes looking uncertain, looking to his mate for reassurance.

After a moment he gathered himself, padded closer causing the other tom to look back, with yellow eyes filled with mixed emotions. "I'm here." His voice was soft and caring, unlike his usual demeanor. Despite his willingness to finally meet his son, the former Skyclan leader was never good at these moments so hopefully he was doing this right.

He.. He was defeated. She had avenged her leader. The gray deputy remained frozen in her spot, her eyes unfocused even as the battle raced on around her. Everything continued to move, everyone continued to fight but she couldn't help the grief that flooded her system as finally the reality of the situation settled in. Ivystar.. her mate.. her leader was dead.. she hoped that maybe it was just one life but as things continued her leader never stirred..

Dread filled her ever second. Every moment she prayed and prayed that Ivystar was alright but nothing changed. Even as Starclan arrived nothing had changed.

Riverclan was hers now.. How.. How could she move on from this fight without one of her mates? How was she supposed to appear strong and lead Riverclan home after this long bloody battle? How could she leave this site knowing that Ivstar's last words were 'I love you'?

Her body crumpled as the grief overpowered her strength. Her head hung low, amber eyes dull as her mind just stopped.. Honeytongue.. Spiderquil.. Ashpaw.. How was she supposed to face them knowing she failed to protect Ivystar? How was she supposed to take them home?

Stormbringer's ears flicked as Honeytongue called out to their mate. At first dread filled the deputy again thinking.. thinking that grief was taking hold once again but as she continued to hear her mate talk, Stormbringer looked up with a sniffle. Was she..? Was she really alive?

Amber eyes looked to Ivystars form watching her start to stir from whatever the Starclan cat had done.. She was..She was really alive. "Oh stars.." She said softly, as relief filled every fiber of her being. Sobs coming out of her maw before she could even notice. Her body collapsing to the floor with relief. Ivystar was okay.. her family was okay.. Her clan was okay.. And their couldn't be better news.
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

PostSubject: Re: May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale]   May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale] - Page 38 EmptyWed 13 May 2020 - 20:43

The sight of Honeytongue stumbling towards he and Spiderquill was what eventually snapped Ashpaw's attention away from the new arrivals, and with a relieved sigh he allowed himself to melt into her embrace, wrapping his forepaws and tail around her in a tight grip.  She was okay, just like she said she'd be...not even a scratch.  "Mom..."  His voice was muffled by her fur, but it was clear that her words hadn't been as believable as she'd hoped.  Ashpaw sounded tired, sad, and utterly defeated.  Despite all his encouragement to his brother just moments ago, now that he was once more in the presence of someone stronger than himself, the young tom felt his brave face fade.  He didn't want to keep crying, he knew it wouldn't help anyone else except him...but it was so hard to stop.  

Sniffing, Ashpaw lifted his head alongside Honeytongue and followed his adoptive mother's gaze into the crowd until it fell upon a brown and white spotted she-cat.  Mudfrost?  He didn't know the name, but he willingly pulled away so that she could go greet the ghost; however, a cat he did recognize entered his view, and it was like getting stabbed in the gut all over again.  Ivystar's body was surrounded by two unfamiliar starry tom-cats as if they were examining her.  A sudden rush of anger came upon him as he observed the scene, a low growl rumbling in his throat.  Why are they standing over her, like a defeated piece of prey?  You know that you're the ones who did this to her right?!  Green eyes reduced to slits, Ashpaw began to stalk forward slowly, hindered by the still pounding pain in his head but focused on his target.  Spitting blood from his mouth onto the ground, he prepared to yell, to scream, whatever he needed to do to get their attention.  Thoughts the clans would think as blasphemous ran through his mind without shame; why should we worship cats just as flawed and prone to evil as ourselves?  Being dead doesn't make them somehow better than they were in life!  No cat deserves that endless adoration, it'll just go to their heads and make them do more things like this!   Get away...from her, you ghosts!  She doesn't deserve to join you...she deserves to be here, with us!

A sudden bright light flashed, and Ashpaw instantly shut his eyes, turning away his face with a very shocked hiss.  "What is...?  In a matter of seconds the sun-like flash faded away, and the former rogue opened his eyes.  What had happened?!  Were more StarClan cats coming, was this the end after all?  

As the two toms stepped away, Ashpaw gasped so loud that even the fighting cats could probably hear.

No...it couldn't be!

How can it...but...

Ivystar had lifted her head.  She was alive.  Breathing.

For a long moment, Ashpaw was frozen, the look on his face absolutely dumbfounded.  Honeytongue ran past him, tackling the leader in a loving embrace.  Stormbringer had collapsed to the ground, sobbing.  And he...smiled.

"MOM!!"  Tears of pure joy streaming down his face, the injured tom dashed forward as if he had just woken up from a restful nap, determined to reach his goal.  Sliding across the ground to cover the last few mouse-lengths, he buried his face in the she-cat's furry shoulder and threw his forelegs around her neck, grabbing on as if he would never let go. "Mom, oh Mom you're alive!  You're alive..."  For a moment he was silent, pressing his torn ear against her body.  She had a pulse, strong and sure...and so did he.  They had all survived...well, most of them.  Letting out tiny little purrs, Ashpaw laughed weakly as he turned his head for just a moment, giving the two ghost warriors who smelled like RiverClan a hesitant nod.  "T-thank you."

Smiling so wide his cheeks hurt, Ashpaw leaned against Honeytongue as he cleaned Ivystar's face with enthusiastic licks, cleaning it of blood until he could barely see any remnant of the battle when he looked into her eyes.

"Thank you...for reaching back out to us."

Back to top Go down
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Characters : Kestrelkit (SkC) | Marshkit (SC)
Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 2456

PostSubject: Re: May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale]   May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale] - Page 38 EmptyThu 14 May 2020 - 0:13

It was over. That much was clear. As starry bodies flooded fourtrees, and attacked him, he knew that this was over. The forest would fall. Doomed by the very cats who called themselves it’s saviours. His maw opened in a fierce growl against the cats who opposed him, green eyes narrowing dangerously at each and every one of them.

“You will all remember this moment. The glorious day you defeated ‘the big evil Brackenstar.’” He snarled, claws unsheathed. “What you won’t remember, is that we tried to save you from yourselves. You treacherous unions are all bound to fall apart. Murderers will emerge among friends, and you’ll have only yourselves to blame. Though it appears Marshpaw has gotten the message.” His muzzle lifted into a smirk. “His lives are over, dear Leopardstar. You are only an orphaned rogue. Let him stay dead like the miserable excuse of a ShadowClan cat he is.” His head turned to Ravenmist. “I won’t enjoy seeing you lead ShadowClan to its demise, but clearly you all need to learn the hard way. Just remember as my body fades, that you’re all destined to meet a worse fate than I am.”

With those words, he lunged. Bashing his claws forcefully on Smokepaw’s smaller head. As if to prove his point home by taking down the already weakened apprentice.

Brackenstar used Upright Lock
Night Finesse is active

Brackenstar:
24/120
275/300 (- 25)

Smokepaw
0/25 (-20 + -2)
72/80

Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon, Flurrykit - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior [F] Unborn ThunderClan Kit
Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale]   May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale] - Page 38 EmptyThu 14 May 2020 - 0:26

Flintstar growled as Brackenstar started to go on, eyes narrowing as he stared at the fallen leader. None of the words that he was saying had any merit - a cat's blood did not decide who they were going to be. The most pure-blooded of cats could be foul - all of the Righteous Few were enough of a sign of this. Anybody could be a loyal warrior if given the chance, who their parents were had nothing to do who they chose to be. He opened his mouth to retort something when Brackenstar suddenly spun and brought his paws down onto Smokepaw's head. "Smok- Brother!" Flintstar shouted, anger and fear rising in his chest. No! He had to protect them, that was his duty as leader. He...He had already failed when he had died and left them to fight Brackenstar on their own. His eyes snapped onto the leader's form, rearing backwards as he slashed out with everything that he got - determined to see Brackenstar fade away into dust like the others.

His guilt over his inaction at Thornstar's death - at being unable to protect his family from Brackenstar's fowl claws - would perhaps be lifted at the sight of him being reduced to nothing.

Flintstar used Rear-up to Slash on Brackenstar, dealing 22 (20 regular +2 from Night Finesse) damage and costing 9 stamina.

Flintstar:

60/125 HP
244/300 SP (-9)

Brackenstar:
2/120 HP (-22)
300/300 SP

TC T5 Leader ~ SC T5 Warrior ~ SkC T5 Warrior ~ RC Apprentice~ WC T2 Warrior ~ Unborn TC Kit
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue ~ Slategray
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

PostSubject: Re: May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale]   May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale] - Page 38 EmptyThu 14 May 2020 - 0:59

Leopardstar had leaped backward, his ethereal paws touching true solid ground for the first time in moons, so that other cats could get their blows in on the most despicable StarClan cat he knew.  The golden tom's eyes flashed quickly to Oakstar's broken body, utterly sad and small in death, and a deep primal rage grew from within the tom, one that consumed all other thoughts or doubts.  The path was clear to him, it always had been.  Watching from up within the stars had been pure torture, the tears he had shed for the poor souls who had been stolen from their lives...  Thornstar, Torrentstar, Dacedream, Finchstar...and so many more.  Just for the so-called crime of choosing their own fate, for deciding who they would fight for, rather than stumbling blindly through life following orders.  He didn't agree with all their actions, he didn't see some of the logic, but that wasn't what mattered.  No cat deserved to die for a mistake...and no cat should make the choice to carry out such a punishment.

"You..."  Green flames lashing in his eyes, the former ThunderClan leader leaped high into the air, before crashing down on the StarClan traitor, pinning him to the earth.  A growl in his deep voice, he truly embodied the aura of his namesake, fierce and proud; the name that had been given to him long ago, by a kind tom and a merciful leader.  "Yes, we will all remember this moment.  On this day, the Righteous Few were defeated at Fourtrees by the very cats they called dishonorable and weak.  Their philosophy failed, and ours reigned triumphant.  For moons, our elders will tell stories to kits about the cats who wanted to murder and throw away their parents, their siblings, or their grandparents, and they will be happy in the wake of your defeat.  Because what makes you a clan cat ISN'T the blood that runs in your veins, it's that you BELIEVE you are one!  Those with the heart to serve and defend become true warriors...and those who fight for their own interests and ruin lives become ghosts.  The Warrior Code is important, and its rules should be followed...but it seems you've forgotten one of its creeds.  'A warrior does not need to kill to win their battles, unless necessary in self-defense'.  You've broken that too many times to count, and hypocrisy will be remembered far longer than empty words  We can't revive every cat who died in these past moons, and because of that my soul weeps, but what we can do is eradicate you, the cause of their suffering, and traitors to the stars.

Oakstar is more of a warrior than you ever were, and though I may just be an unwanted rogue, I tried my very best until the end.  You?  You've corrupted yourself with fear and hatred, and you will perish with terror in your eyes.

Yowl with me, Clans of the Forest!  VICTORY!  FREEDOM!  HONOR!"

It was over in a flash.  Leopardstar's claws sliced through Brackenstar's throat, and the old fading tom's fear finally came true.  In the end, Leopardstar was left standing over nothing but grass and the remaining sparkles of stardust, and closing his eyes he yowled up to the stars.

Leopardstar used Front Paw Strike on Brackenstar, killing him and ending the battle.

Leopardstar:
120/120
270/300

Brackenstar:
0/120
300/300

Taking a deep breath, Leopardstar looked up and met the gaze of Flintstar, ShadowClan's young leader.  Nodding respectfully, he turned away and walked farther into the clearing; Ivystar was being embraced by her mates and sons, and Raventail was uninjured.  Spottedstar was nowhere to be seen but was likely safe back home in his camp.  However, as Leopardstar came to stand over Oakstar, his hazel eyes rested upon the tabby tom's pelt.  "My brother...it's time to wake up. "  Closing his eyes, the golden spotted tom bent his head and touched his nose to Oakstar's forehead, much as a life-giver would do during a leader's ceremony.  His body strained with effort, face and ears twitching in concentration, but finally, a light began to shine.  It consumed them, it's strength almost blinding, but in an instant, it subsided.  Pulling back with a smile, Leopardstar turned around to the crowd and began to speak.

"ThunderClan, come greet your leader.  His lives have been restored.  To all of you though, I apologize that StarClan could not aid you sooner.  The Righteous Few bound us, severing our connection with the living clans, letting them wreak havoc while we could only watch.  I would say today was a decisive victory...but in reality, no war has a happy ending. You've all lost leaders, friends, beloved family...but from today onward, the threat of hatred and prejudice from the stars is no more!  We've put an end to the treason on high...but there is still one remaining."  Leopardstar's eyes turned to Galestar, expression blank. Before he delivered the verdict of the stars though, he stepped back and leaned down beside Oakstar, whispering; "Is your strength returning?

Last edited by RainyHeart on Fri 15 May 2020 - 13:25; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Characters : Flamethrower, Jaculus
Clan/Rank : [F] Rogue [T1], [J] Rogue [T1]
Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale]   May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale] - Page 38 EmptyThu 14 May 2020 - 1:20

Watching, Swansong hung back, preparing to leap in again and deal another blow, to see this one fade into sparks as the others had. But then, something happened, a breeze rushing over her pelt, somehow warm and sweet, yet cool. Wide eyes saw a starry pelt leap in, their claws slashing across Aspenleaf's, and the molly fell back, mortally wounded, dying for a second time.

Swansong stilled as the monstrous member of the "Righteous Few" faded, her last insult sighed like a carrion-carrying breeze. "No, we will not regret defeating your evil; not today, nor in days to come," She murmured, turning her eyes away from the red patch that was all that was left of the sparkle-furred cat and onto the one who had dealt the blow. A slight lump rose to her throat, mingled relief and gladness pricking at her eyes. She had been right, all those who had stood against these monsters had been right. The true StarClan had come. "Thank you."

There was more she wished to say, but battles still raged, blood still spilled from wounds. Yet even as she moved forwards to help, her eyes caught sight of a golden-pelted tom, stars swirling around him, deal a mighty blow, his words ringing through the clearing. His words vindicating them. They had lost so much to get here, so much pain and grief had come to dwell among them in the past few moons - but like the edge of the silver moon around dark, stormy clouds, the end had come.

Blood still coated the clearing, but she felt her heart rise as the last of the "Righteous" scattered into a thousand motes of dust, blown away in a light breeze. She felt it rise to her throat, until it burst through in a call of victory, mingling with all of them, rising to the stars - the true stars - in words that had never felt so sweet.

Victory. Freedom. Honour.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/stoneflew/
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

PostSubject: Re: May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale]   May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale] - Page 38 EmptyThu 14 May 2020 - 9:01

Around more of Barleytuft's kin were slowly ending their battles and drawing near, but for that moment his whole heart and being was laid open and presented for Aspenheart. He had seen his brother's grimace, the way he turned his face expecting retribution. Violence for violence left no survivors. Barleytuft was tired of losing, so his head simply lowered and stayed. A cheek pressed against his, silver and warm and wet with tears, and Barleytuft's eyes squeezed tight, pressing his own tears down his cheeks as he pressed into the gesture. The starry warrior broke into a choked purr, his throat tight with gladness. When Aspenheart threw his paws around Barleytuft, he caught his brother and did the same, star-speckled limbs holding the trembling tom in a heartfelt embrace, offering support and being supported. It was symbolic, and it was literal: everything their brotherhood was meant to be. When at last Aspenheart shifted away, Barleytuft released him with a trembling breath.

His eyes met his brother's again, both mirroring glassy tears and smudged faces. Barleytuft lowered his head, but did not shift his eyes away, as Aspenheart whispered tightly of the time he had left, acknowledging the sorrowful sentiments. The StarClan tom said nothing; he wouldn't lie that Aspenheart had a long life which would find him free of illness soon, nor would he further sour the mood with agreement. The time that Aspenheart had left was his own to take and to use, and he would make the most of it - Barleytuft knew it. Another tear fell, and Barleytuft blinked slowly, his face overwhelmed with bitter sadness and overwhelming gratitude and ceaseless love. "I'll be there," Barleytuft confirmed with a husky voice, his own lip trembling, "We'll run, brother, and we will fly." He leaned forward once more, pressing his muzzle lovingly into the medicine cat's neck one final time.

Clovertwist watched the exchange wordlessly, his throat clamping tightly against any breath or words he might try to find. Oh, stars, he had seen the fallout - the devastation that his father and uncle's lack of closure had caused. Ever since the Righteous Few had begun to spread their fear through the forest and grow the rift between the leadership of WindClan, Aspenheart had been different - changed. Clovertwist's eyes were glassy with tears as he watched two of the most important toms to him embrace, and they murmured softly to each other. From the corner of his eye he spotted the the approach of a familiar golden pelt, and tears fell down his face as he turned his head to see his sister, Goldengale - injured and bleeding - moving as if entranced towards him and the gathering of their kin. Clovertwist knew she saw their father. He opened his mouth to say something - anything - but his lips moved soundlessly, and he let out a soft sigh and sucked it in again, looking back to where his father and uncle had stepped apart. Goldengale spoke, almost unable to be heard over the sounds of the clearing. Clovertwist moved to her side, supporting his shocked, weary sister.

Barleytuft had just stepped back from Aspenheart when a familiar voice sounded behind him. No whisper, no breath, could've been quiet enough that he wouldn't have heard his daughter's approach. He had been waiting, hoping. The starry warrior's eyes met Aspenheart's, a silent farewell, and then he turned. His green-hazel eyes refreshed with tears that flowed freely. He met Goldengale's soft blue eyes and wondered how a cat could be any luckier than he to have kits like his. "I''m here, kitten," he croaked. Barleytuft didn't hesitate this time, moving forward with a quivering lip to pull Goldengale into his starry chest. He whispered, "Oh, Golden, my kit, I'm here. I'm here. I'll take care of you. I'm so sorry." He sank to his haunches and pressed his face against her neck and shoulders, licking at her ruffled fur as he trembled. He glanced up at his son's approach; the tom wordlessly joined the embrace.

Clovertwist watched his father turn to Goldengale. He had done his best to carry on after his father's death, and he knew his sister had as well. Their heart to heart at the beginning of new-leaf had meant much to her, but he knew that a brother couldn't compare to their father. Goldengale was injured and would need to be seen by Aspenheart or Softpaw soon, but for now... for now she just needed Barleytuft. Clovertwist swallowed, tears dripping down his cheeks, and he smiled. He glanced around and caught Briarthorn's eye. He nodded at his half-brother and nudged his head, beckoning the tom to join. He then looked for Softpaw, lost among the throng of cats who'd come towards Morningpaw's resting place, and Downpaw, who had been left with Zinnia and Ploverpuddle early on in the Gathering.... Fox-dung, this had been a Gathering. A bright moon hung overhead with a sky glittering with stars. Clovertwist let out a shaking breath and moved towards where Goldengale and Barleytuft embraced. His father met his gaze for a moment, and then he sunk onto his sister's other side, pressing her between himself and Barleytuft.

May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale] - Page 38 VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale]   May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale] - Page 38 EmptyThu 14 May 2020 - 10:06

Flintstar stood there, muscles bunched as he waited for Brackenstar to make another move, but his ears twitched as one of the StarClan cats he had been fighting along with started to speak, going on about how hypocritical The Righteous Few truly was before ending it with Brackenstar's defeat. As the leader fell and faded away, the ShadowClan leader finally allowed himself to relax. It...It had been done. Thornstar's death had been avenged. It felt...Empty. Perhaps he had saved the lives of his siblings but Thornstar was still gone. She wasn't coming back, he was still leader. He shook his head, glancing around at his family that surrounded him. "Mothglow!" he shouted, glancing back to where he had last seen his sister. "We need you!" His gaze fell back onto Smokepaw, regret and worry sinking into his frame at the sight of his bloody brother. Now that the battle was over and victory was had, the energy that had driven him to fight so soon after his resurrection was starting to drain.

His back legs gave out, collapsing into a sitting position as a hacking cough overtook him. The sickening taste of blood still lingered in his mouth, in his throat and he could see bits of red escape his muzzle as he coughed. It...Would be a while until this was fully gone, he supposed. He was alive, he as certain he would be fine in time but...He could taste the aftermath of his death and was certain it would haunt and overpower his senses for quite a while until all the blood that had gathered in his throat was truly gone. His gaze fell onto his paws as he sat there, starting to knead at the ground as he

"I'm...I'm sorry," the leader finally managed, hanging his head. His solemn facade had cracked as his ears slicked back, a true sadness filling his eyes. Now that the battle was over, the one thing that sat in his stomach, his...Heart was guilt. Guilt that he had failed them, that he had been so caught up in dying for a righteous goal, to keep them safe that they had almost lost... He took in a deep breath, trying to contain the emotions that flooded through him but the tiredness that clung to his pelt like the blood that he had shed made it so much harder. "I...I wanted to protect myself from losing another. I didn't...I didn't think that I was risking putting you all through the same...The same pain that we all felt when Thornstar was killed. I was...Foolish and brash and that led to my..." his voice fell short, tail curling around his paws. He felt so foolish, "I was so...Selfish, I suppose. I thought only of myself truly until it was too late. I did not want to hurt you yet I had surrender with the idea that my death was...Honorable when it seemed I could not escape... And so I wasn't even around to protect you when you needed me."

----------------------

Lionspark huffed, tail swishing as Badgerstar was defeated and faded into stardust. It was almost a shame, he hadn't even give a fight after she had showed up. She didn't like the tom but thought it was almost insulting how quickly he had given up his will to fight - if he was going to go so far with a plot like this, he might as well should have fought for it to the very end. But no, he had crumbled like a kit being scolded at the sight of StarClan and realized that his judgement would come. Coward, she huffed with a shake of her head as she turned to scan what remained of the battle.

There honestly wasn't anything left as she watched Brackenstar collapse and fade. Every fight had come to an end and glancing around she could see most of the fallen leaders start to stir and interact with their loved ones. It made her heart warm at the sight, missing her own family but she did know that traces of her bloodline still existed in ThunderClan. But there was at least one cat who still lived that knew of her... And her heart sank as she turned to look at where Dustcloud was huddling up next to the body of Dawngaze. Memories of her own flashed in her head, of her doing the same when she had killed Bramblefrost. Confusion over why he had done such a thing and mourning the love that they once had...And the life she had been forced to take in an effort to defend herself. She could hear Leopardstar starting to speak, that Oakstar was alive again but her eyes remained focused on Dustcloud as she started to trudge over to the mourning she-cat.

"Oh, Dustcloud..." Lionspark sighed softly as she took a seat next to her best friend, curling a tail around the grieving she-cat's side. "I...I know how hard this can be. Being betrayed by the one you love and having to take their life into your paws..." Her eyes darkened at the memories, of trotting behind her mate and trying to get him to open up when he had turned on her, scaring her and trying to take her life. She had loved Bramblefrost so much, despite what the others thought of him. She had thoughts he knew the real him but she had been forced into the realization of her mistake as she took his life to protect her own.

"...There will always be questions of why. What did you do wrong? What truly made them do...This. The pain might never go away, you will never fully see them as what they might seemed to be in this final moments - you will always carry the memories of the happiness you had with them and it makes it hurt all that much more. But a happiness can be found, Dustcloud. Take it from me," she added, the barest of a smile crossing her face as she slipped into a sitting position. "...I've wanted to talk to you for so long since my death. To tell you...Thank you, for everything. For being my friend, for being there when I was in my darkest moments. I found my happiness, Dustcloud, right before I passed. I died as myself, not the shell I had become following Bramblefrost's and Specklefang's deaths. It...It won't be easy and it might seem impossible to find that happiness again but you aren't alone. I'll be supporting you from StarClan, I promise. You're my best friend after all and your mate lives yet. Together, I am sure you and Oakstar will find a happiness once more."

Back to top Go down
Falcarolwing

Falcarolwing

Characters : Ravenmist (R) | Crowspirit (C)
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan, WindClan
Taurus Rooster

PostSubject: Re: May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale]   May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale] - Page 38 EmptyThu 14 May 2020 - 10:10

The sounds of battle ceased. Ravenmist dipped her head to Mossbloom, though as she was rising a StarClanner approached, ThunderClan. She wasn’t sure if this cat was friendly, so she bristled, but the other cat’s mew put her swiftly at ease.

“Mossbloom! Sweetie, I missed you.” Falconwing purred, nudging against her daughter gently. Finally, she could speak again with the last love of her life left, the one she died for. “You have an apprentice now, don’t you? She’s the one I spoke to on her Moonstone journey. Daisypaw, right? Sweet little cat.” A massive grin was on the former ThunderClan she-cat’s face, one as exuberant as the one she wore in life.

Ravenmist shuffled a bit, before speaking a bit awkwardly. “Uh, I’ll just.. go now. You two seem to have everything handled, and I’d like to make sure Daisyflame is alright, and check on Flintstar. Maybe others I know are here.” Without another word, she hurried off, searching for the familiar scent of her mate, or her leader.

May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale] - Page 38 Crowsp10
Ravenmist | Blind | She-cat | T2 ShadowClan Deputy (Disabled) | 95/250 | 0000ff
Crowspirit | Tom | WindClan Tier 2 Warrior | 45/160 | 003300
Ospreypaw | She-cat | ThunderClan Apprentice | 20/80 | cc9900
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6066

PostSubject: Re: May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale]   May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale] - Page 38 EmptyThu 14 May 2020 - 10:10

Batbite was silent as her mate spoke, nodding slowly in agreement, though her attention was elsewhere - the sound of a familiar voice, calling for ThunderClan's attention, had captured her ears. The fight was over, but...

Victory! Freedom! Honor!

She knew that voice. Some of her earliest memories were of that voice. The same voice that had given her and her siblings each a name, once upon a time.

She didn't dare to hope, not for a moment, but when she turned to face the cat who had spoken she froze. There he was, unmistakable, almost as if he'd never left at all. Gently, she nudged her mate. "I'll... I'll be back, okay? I promise."

Slowly, deliberately, she approached the starlit form of her adoptive father, and the very-much-alive form of the leader and mentor who held a similar place in her heart. She didn't say a word, not sure she trusted her voice not to break if she tried. No, she was content, in that moment, to simply exist in their vicinity - a dream that had seemed so impossible just days before.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale]   May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale] - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

May Gathering 2020 [Sitewide Plot Finale]
Page 38 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next