Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Art Improvement Thread!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 2495

Art Improvement Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Art Improvement Thread!   Art Improvement Thread! EmptyFri 26 Jun 2020 - 20:19

This idea was a little bit spur of the moment. Post the oldest artwork you can find of a character next to your most recent art of the same character to show how much your art has grown. If you haven't had any specific character for that long, then feel free to post any older piece next to a recent one. This can be a motivation thread for people with art block who aren't seeing improvement in their work, as well as a way to encourage each other in our art journeys.

No matter how new you are to art, if you're happier with your work today than you were yesterday... that's improvement! All skill levels are welcome.

I chose Ferretnose. For me, a lot of my art improvement recently has been about developing and refining my style as well as getting a better grasp on anatomy. The first time I drew her was in an old signature:
Old:

And this is how I drew her today:
New:

I think my art has gotten a lot more "mature" and I've drifted away from heavy stylization. I think it hindered my progress to heavily line and simplify my character designs, as I could hide mistakes more easily. I've still got a long way to go!

Art Improvement Thread! TpKJUN0

Rushkit | RiverClan Kit | #4b5320
Lionkit | ThunderClan Kit | #cb945f
Back to top Go down
cotton
Former Staff
Former Staff
cotton

Characters : [S]mallstar [A]stershine [J]ayfrost [F]allowpaw ----- DECEASED: Robinloft Clementine Elsa, Morningpaw,
Libra Dog
Number of posts : 2016

PostSubject: Re: Art Improvement Thread!   Art Improvement Thread! EmptyFri 26 Jun 2020 - 21:46

The only cat of mine that i've actually drawn more than once is Smallbean, so he's the cat of my choice. The first time that i drew him was sometime around the beginning of march? Which means that there's not going to be much improvement, but to make up for that i found some of my cat drawings from three to four years ago.

The first time i drew Smallbean was in my old signature, and here he was in the middle.
Old:

The most recent time i drew him was a few weeks ago in a request for Sal.
New:

I feel like my art style, though it is still cartoony, has grown to be more anatomically correct. I've learned how to do poses and anatomy much better, and my characters don't look as stiff. I've learned how to make a character's body style their own, instead of making them all look the same. I've learned to do a bit different fur textures and simplified fur patterns by instead of using an airbrush i use solid colors.

i have a lot of old art here prepare yourself

Oldest art:

Animal art improvement(oldest to newest):

Human art improvement(oldest to newest):

∞ Former Windclan Leader ∞ || Former Site Adminsitrator

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://kiz-mett.carrd.co/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Art Improvement Thread!   Art Improvement Thread! EmptyThu 2 Jul 2020 - 7:35

My signature improvement.

April 18:

May 27:

June 29:

And now, all of my Redfall art, oldest to newest.

Redfall:
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Characters : [F] Fernpaw ; [O] Oakpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] Windclan ; [O] Riverclan
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Art Improvement Thread!   Art Improvement Thread! EmptySat 22 Aug 2020 - 13:19

I'm late for this idea, I know, but I soon as I saw it I was so inspired! Here's my improvement:

Characters are Bear and Flame, both belong to Ripped though the designs are mine
Back in time, I was really proud of this drawing. It was one of the first scenes I felt proud of since I wasn't used to drawing fighting cats.
Art Improvement Thread! Flame_10

With the redraw, I tried to capture the fact that I've been trying to improve my composition and poses throughout the years. I've also tried to stay closer to cat anatomy but keeping a pseudo-cartoony style because I love designing cats with different shapes and body types (I truly value that one character can be seen different from the other not because of the colour but because of the shape). Despite not being to work too much with shapes here since these two are brother, I tried to make the scene as intense as possible without losing the cat features in the exaggerated expressions. I really dislike how, despite the raw anger of Bear, he doesn't look much like a cat so here I tried to fix it :3
It was a challenge but I'm happy with the progress I made:
Art Improvement Thread! Brother_s_fight__redraw__by_ychita_de3r8vg-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD04NjkiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC9mYTYyY2ZlYS1jNmFiLTQ2M2QtOGZhYS1iNzRiN2M3Mzk1MjJcL2RlM3I4dmctNzJjNTE5YzgtNzhiNi00MTQ0LTkzMWYtMTIxYjgwMjgyNmNiLnBuZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMDI0In1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0

Oaksoul of Riverclan ↠↠ Tier 2 Warrior ↠↠ #3333cc
Ferntwist of Windclan ↠↠ Tier 1 Warrior ↠↠ #0099cc
Art Improvement Thread! Signat14
Back to top Go down
Peridot

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Art Improvement Thread!   Art Improvement Thread! EmptySat 22 Aug 2020 - 17:20

my oldest art that i have of ollie is from back in may of last year, back when i first made her!

oldest:

n here's some of my newest arts of her!
newest:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Art Improvement Thread!   Art Improvement Thread! Empty

Back to top Go down

Art Improvement Thread!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Off Topic :: Artwork & Literature-