Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Dissolve SkyClan?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Should we get rid of SkyClan?
Yes
Dissolve SkyClan? - Page 6 Vote_lcap49%Dissolve SkyClan? - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 49% [ 19 ]
No
Dissolve SkyClan? - Page 6 Vote_lcap51%Dissolve SkyClan? - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 51% [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 39

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Sleepy

Sleepy

Clan/Rank : RiverClan
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 9738

Dissolve SkyClan? - Page 6 Empty
PostDissolve SkyClan?

PROS
There are four seasons, four trees, and I think like initially intended, four Clans. All four Clans surround and center around Fourtrees, which they all have direct access to. Along with that, they're separated by big and easy to see cuts in the landscape. Not only that, but those cuts in the landscape are dangerous to cross and almost isolate the Clans from each other. You can't really stumble into a Clan territory on accident. SkyClan on the other hand, does not follow any of these criteria. They have to cross ThunderClan territory to get to Fourtrees, their territory is similar to ThunderClan's, and they don't appear to be separated from them by anything. All the other Clans have developed different ideals and techniques in their semi-isolation while SkyClan's skills seems to be ones that ThunderClan already possesses.

From a site standpoint, we have to face the fact that some Clans aren't going to be as popular as others. And despite accumulating 1580 members in our four year history, we don't get many active roleplayers. Many of them don't make their creation or leave days after joining. And lots of those who do start roleplaying never make it to warrior-hood. SkyClan has been big at certain points of time, but that's not really the point. They're just thinning out the Clans. If we were to give SkyClan the axe, it'd allow for more people to be distributed to the other four. Okay, WindClan might always be small compared to RiverClan, but at least they wouldn't have some of their potential members leeched.

And with the plot happening and SkyClan staying with ThunderClan, there is no better time than now. The Clans might get a small flux of members and future joining roleplayers will have a narrower choice of Clans. The dissolution of SkyClan could give way to the second story arc; just writing this is giving me ideas.

CONS
The problems with this plan being two major ones; SkyClan's current members and the Warriors canon.

I doubt that SkyClan's members are going to be very happy with me when they see this, because they don't want to leave SkyClan. It's like when we have little squabbles on chat about the validity of ThunderClan's claim on Sunningrocks or when we joke about ShadowClan and WindClan choking each other out. There's a bit of pride and love you develop for the Clan. And what about Flamestar? While the rest of SkyClan could possibly leave, he has multiple lives and has been blessed by StarClan (see pro above). And on top of that, it'd just be humiliating for all of SkyClan's members.

The next part would be that it completely messes with the official Warriors canon. We all know how the story of SkyClan went. Twolegs tore the forest down to build the Twolegplace and no one was willing to give SkyClan any of their land, so they condemned StarClan for forsaking them and left. However, if we do that now, then the characters in the books would now never exist. It'd just be a big messy disaster.

BINGLY BONGLY BOO
I personally think this would be good, but I tried to present you the argument without any of my bias. You'll vote yes or no. The poll will automatically end in three days, so if you don't get your vote in then don't start yelling at me about it. If SkyClan is rid of, then the staff will decide what happens from there.

Post your opinion below, but I urge you all to be civil about it. I tried to present both the positives and negatives that I could think of, so you don't really have to repeat everything I said in a big rant, but just be polite about it.

I know this will eventually break down into an argument, but don't bite someone's head off if you can help it. These are just opinions, after all. Don't yell at other people or call them or their opinions dumb (yes, I'm talking to you in particular). Just try to be mature about it, alright?

EDIT: I edited out the "only post once" thing.

Dissolve SkyClan? - Page 6 I42GrfL

Last edited by Sleepy on Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 20:25; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://beata.forumotion.com/
Share this post on: reddit

Dissolve SkyClan? :: Comments

May
Re: Dissolve SkyClan?
Post Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 15:14 by May
I 100% agree with stormy. It makes perfect sense.

Kes should be able to start at MC status if she goes to WC or TC though (which I highly doubt lkfsdlkf)

Otherwise she would be a MCA.
Sleepy
Post Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 16:53 by Sleepy
Stormi wrote:

Humm...

You know...Redstur of TC(I think) and Dawnstar of RC(I think) and some other leaders were the ones who drove Skyclan out when their territory was destroyed, then apologized for it a realllllly long time later. HOWEVER...

We could pretend all this time we've been role playing has been BEFORE the current clan cats in the books but AFTER the whole Redstar thing. That way, Skyclan could legit be out and stuff.

It would be like Skyclan never existed, therefor not messing with the book canon and just pretending we never did anything with Skyclan except in our old canon, which supposedly was before the whole Redstar thing. The time elapse we had in the reboot could just have brought us to after the whole Skyclan-get-driven-out thing but still before the book canon. After all, the Erins never said anything about what happened in between those times, or how much time went on between the events...

The only problems are...

1. The Deomilities would have to have attacked something else and won, but not another clan. Otherwise it would make no sense that they lost and were all beaten up. An idea to fix this could be some of those nasty rogues attacked them because dey be all hostile to these random god-worshiping cats in "their territory". Then the whole Amalric-gets-his-arse-kicked thing could come into play when the same scene is repeated with Flamestar but instead it happened with the rogue leader....You know except he doesn't have multiple lives o3o That's just an idea. Once you have an idea planned, you simply pretend that's actually what happened |D

All this pretending may sound stupid but hey,this is a role play site and I'm trying my best to think of ways to fix it.

2. The new series that came out that tells of the clans before the actual warriors canon and around Skyclan's time...This may mess things up. SO WE SIMPLY MAKE IT SO WHEN WE REBOOTED IT WAS TO A TIME AFTER THAT CANON BUT BEFORE THE FIRESTAR/BLUESTAR/PINESTAR CANON |D /shot

This is why I think an alternate universe for WCC would be good. We wouldn't have to worry about having to worry about everything Erin Hunter spews out.

Our "before-the-cats-in-the-books-existed" thing worked out because at the time because the Power of Three had just come out and we had four Clans... Even when we added SkyClan, it was assumed it was before Cloudstar's time. But if this were to happen, we'd have to further contrive more reasons to make stuff up.

Remember, nothing in the Old Canon ever actually happened, so we couldn't do the first thing. And the problem with being after the Redstar/Birchstar/Dawnstar/Swiftstar times is that every cat we have right now would be... well, a lot older o3o And I don't like having to pretend a lot of stuff happened when it did ;w; I don't know. Just untidy.
Opal
Post Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 17:07 by Opal
I think SkyClan should stay. SkyClan is the best clan that ever happened to me, even if I like, NEVER roleplay.
Kes
Post Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 18:53 by Kes
Dsjshahahahahshjsjsnsnsjsjassahsbshshshdhdhdd
NO. That's just... I can't .
I guess it is possible that I can make my crazy character with the new cat, BUT STILL. Now you'll be making us lose our lives.
Reaper King
Post Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 19:00 by Reaper King
Why do you people want Skyclan gone? It makes no sense to me. A lot of good times happened in Skyclan, better than I have had in any other clans.. Well I guess this is good bye to Skyclan.. ;A;
Sleepy
Post Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 19:14 by Sleepy
Ghetto Kesto wrote:
Dsjshahahahahshjsjsnsnsjsjassahsbshshshdhdhdd
NO. That's just... I can't .
I guess it is possible that I can make my crazy character with the new cat, BUT STILL. Now you'll be making us lose our lives.

...What?
King Falcon I
Post Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 19:15 by King Falcon I
So no one is going to try and change someone's mind? If you care enough about Skyclan, you'll do that.
Reaper King
Post Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 19:18 by Reaper King
I care about Skyclan but people don't want to listen to me, and how stupid it is to get rid of Skyclan. ;n;
Echo
Post Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 19:19 by Echo
The Caledonian Falcon wrote:
So no one is going to try and change someone's mind? If you care enough about Skyclan, you'll do that.

I would, but I'm no good at convincing people nor am I great at trying to change people's mind. I won't change opinions of others, but I do CARE about SkyClan.
King Falcon I
Post Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 19:24 by King Falcon I
Make them say their reason for removing Skyclan, then break that reason down.

Who is voting to dissolve Skyclan?
Echo
Post Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 19:31 by Echo
*shrinks down* I suck at that stuff Falcon...
Sleepy
Post Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 22:19 by Sleepy
Dissolve SkyClan? - Page 6 Sky_Clan

Behold, the pink of shame that the Rogues and Dark Forest groups suffered long ago.

Repent of your sins, pagans.
King Falcon I
Post Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 23:00 by King Falcon I
Just change one person's mind. That's all you have to do. Kes? Opal? dabearsaredabest6255?
Post  by Sponsored content

Dissolve SkyClan?

Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6