Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Dissolve SkyClan?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Should we get rid of SkyClan?
Yes
Dissolve SkyClan? - Page 2 Vote_lcap49%Dissolve SkyClan? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 49% [ 19 ]
No
Dissolve SkyClan? - Page 2 Vote_lcap51%Dissolve SkyClan? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 51% [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 39

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Sleepy

Sleepy

Clan/Rank : RiverClan
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 9738

Dissolve SkyClan? - Page 2 Empty
PostDissolve SkyClan?

PROS
There are four seasons, four trees, and I think like initially intended, four Clans. All four Clans surround and center around Fourtrees, which they all have direct access to. Along with that, they're separated by big and easy to see cuts in the landscape. Not only that, but those cuts in the landscape are dangerous to cross and almost isolate the Clans from each other. You can't really stumble into a Clan territory on accident. SkyClan on the other hand, does not follow any of these criteria. They have to cross ThunderClan territory to get to Fourtrees, their territory is similar to ThunderClan's, and they don't appear to be separated from them by anything. All the other Clans have developed different ideals and techniques in their semi-isolation while SkyClan's skills seems to be ones that ThunderClan already possesses.

From a site standpoint, we have to face the fact that some Clans aren't going to be as popular as others. And despite accumulating 1580 members in our four year history, we don't get many active roleplayers. Many of them don't make their creation or leave days after joining. And lots of those who do start roleplaying never make it to warrior-hood. SkyClan has been big at certain points of time, but that's not really the point. They're just thinning out the Clans. If we were to give SkyClan the axe, it'd allow for more people to be distributed to the other four. Okay, WindClan might always be small compared to RiverClan, but at least they wouldn't have some of their potential members leeched.

And with the plot happening and SkyClan staying with ThunderClan, there is no better time than now. The Clans might get a small flux of members and future joining roleplayers will have a narrower choice of Clans. The dissolution of SkyClan could give way to the second story arc; just writing this is giving me ideas.

CONS
The problems with this plan being two major ones; SkyClan's current members and the Warriors canon.

I doubt that SkyClan's members are going to be very happy with me when they see this, because they don't want to leave SkyClan. It's like when we have little squabbles on chat about the validity of ThunderClan's claim on Sunningrocks or when we joke about ShadowClan and WindClan choking each other out. There's a bit of pride and love you develop for the Clan. And what about Flamestar? While the rest of SkyClan could possibly leave, he has multiple lives and has been blessed by StarClan (see pro above). And on top of that, it'd just be humiliating for all of SkyClan's members.

The next part would be that it completely messes with the official Warriors canon. We all know how the story of SkyClan went. Twolegs tore the forest down to build the Twolegplace and no one was willing to give SkyClan any of their land, so they condemned StarClan for forsaking them and left. However, if we do that now, then the characters in the books would now never exist. It'd just be a big messy disaster.

BINGLY BONGLY BOO
I personally think this would be good, but I tried to present you the argument without any of my bias. You'll vote yes or no. The poll will automatically end in three days, so if you don't get your vote in then don't start yelling at me about it. If SkyClan is rid of, then the staff will decide what happens from there.

Post your opinion below, but I urge you all to be civil about it. I tried to present both the positives and negatives that I could think of, so you don't really have to repeat everything I said in a big rant, but just be polite about it.

I know this will eventually break down into an argument, but don't bite someone's head off if you can help it. These are just opinions, after all. Don't yell at other people or call them or their opinions dumb (yes, I'm talking to you in particular). Just try to be mature about it, alright?

EDIT: I edited out the "only post once" thing.

Dissolve SkyClan? - Page 2 I42GrfL

Last edited by Sleepy on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://beata.forumotion.com/
Share this post on: reddit

Dissolve SkyClan? :: Comments

Kes
Re: Dissolve SkyClan?
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:29 am by Kes
What if we TO their territory being destroyed?
Sleepy
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:37 am by Sleepy
Kestrelflight wrote:
What if we TO their territory being destroyed?

wat

If you mean getting rid of their territory by having Twolegs plow it over, then that might happen if this ends up passing. Though, my original idea when I came up with this was it being Deos related.

Don't ask me how that would happen without them murdering you all, because I don't know.

It's hard when you have to find cracks in the argument you made up so you can argue against yourself. ;n;
Kes
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:55 am by Kes
*RP, sorry.
They're in TC, remember?
Meh it was just an idea
Sleepy
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:04 am by Sleepy
Kestrelflight wrote:
*RP, sorry.
They're in TC, remember?
Meh it was just an idea

You're acting as if this is positively going to happen.
Kes
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:17 am by Kes
Planning ahead
Lilac
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:25 pm by Lilac
I would just like to put it out there, that I accidentally clicked yes instead of no. :o
So please disregard that last yes.
Sleepy
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:30 pm by Sleepy
Lilac wrote:
I would just like to put it out there, that I accidentally clicked yes instead of no. :o

I made it so you can cancel your vote.
Lilac
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:35 pm by Lilac
Sleepy wrote:
Lilac wrote:

I made it so you can cancel your vote.

Oh, well goodness I need to look more carefully! Sorry about that -_-
Moon
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:08 pm by Moon
Wait: Is SkyClan there at the time that our canon takes place? If not, I'm going with a "yes" on this one. I don't even get the point of SkyClan or why we added it in the first place.
Jay
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:09 pm by Jay
They are. Skyclan was supposed to be there from the beginning with the other clans, but ended up getting driven out later. And by later, I mean many moons after the site takes place.
Moon
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:10 pm by Moon
Well they still weren't here in the beginning of the site, when the Grande Olde Mistpelte forged the Clans with her heavenly hammer.
Jay
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:32 pm by Jay
That is because Mistpelt didn't read Firestar's Quest before she made the site. D;
Echo
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:05 pm by Echo
I vote no. I agree with Coon. I can't really see much of this anymore.
Moon
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:16 pm by Moon
What about the fact that having five clans spreads us way too thin? Four is a lot to begin with. I think I'm going to stick with my vote; we should have four concrete Clans with actual societies rather than five with two warriors each. We have too many Clans. . think smaller amount with bigger results. It would make for a more organized, flowing roleplay anyway. Does SkyClan even have a territory?
Echo
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:23 pm by Echo
Kestrelflight wrote:
Vote cancel: Bye SkyClan
I was promised that Kestel could go to RC and be accepted as a full MC.
Just making sure that's on record.

Wait wait wait... So technically, you WANT SkyClan to leave Kes? /shot
I can't convince you to change back to keeping SkyClan, but alright.
Post  by Sponsored content

Dissolve SkyClan?

Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next