Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Dissolve SkyClan?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Should we get rid of SkyClan?
Yes
Dissolve SkyClan? Vote_lcap49%Dissolve SkyClan? Vote_rcap
 49% [ 19 ]
No
Dissolve SkyClan? Vote_lcap51%Dissolve SkyClan? Vote_rcap
 51% [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 39

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Sleepy

Sleepy

Clan/Rank : RiverClan
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 9738

Dissolve SkyClan? Empty
PostDissolve SkyClan?

PROS
There are four seasons, four trees, and I think like initially intended, four Clans. All four Clans surround and center around Fourtrees, which they all have direct access to. Along with that, they're separated by big and easy to see cuts in the landscape. Not only that, but those cuts in the landscape are dangerous to cross and almost isolate the Clans from each other. You can't really stumble into a Clan territory on accident. SkyClan on the other hand, does not follow any of these criteria. They have to cross ThunderClan territory to get to Fourtrees, their territory is similar to ThunderClan's, and they don't appear to be separated from them by anything. All the other Clans have developed different ideals and techniques in their semi-isolation while SkyClan's skills seems to be ones that ThunderClan already possesses.

From a site standpoint, we have to face the fact that some Clans aren't going to be as popular as others. And despite accumulating 1580 members in our four year history, we don't get many active roleplayers. Many of them don't make their creation or leave days after joining. And lots of those who do start roleplaying never make it to warrior-hood. SkyClan has been big at certain points of time, but that's not really the point. They're just thinning out the Clans. If we were to give SkyClan the axe, it'd allow for more people to be distributed to the other four. Okay, WindClan might always be small compared to RiverClan, but at least they wouldn't have some of their potential members leeched.

And with the plot happening and SkyClan staying with ThunderClan, there is no better time than now. The Clans might get a small flux of members and future joining roleplayers will have a narrower choice of Clans. The dissolution of SkyClan could give way to the second story arc; just writing this is giving me ideas.

CONS
The problems with this plan being two major ones; SkyClan's current members and the Warriors canon.

I doubt that SkyClan's members are going to be very happy with me when they see this, because they don't want to leave SkyClan. It's like when we have little squabbles on chat about the validity of ThunderClan's claim on Sunningrocks or when we joke about ShadowClan and WindClan choking each other out. There's a bit of pride and love you develop for the Clan. And what about Flamestar? While the rest of SkyClan could possibly leave, he has multiple lives and has been blessed by StarClan (see pro above). And on top of that, it'd just be humiliating for all of SkyClan's members.

The next part would be that it completely messes with the official Warriors canon. We all know how the story of SkyClan went. Twolegs tore the forest down to build the Twolegplace and no one was willing to give SkyClan any of their land, so they condemned StarClan for forsaking them and left. However, if we do that now, then the characters in the books would now never exist. It'd just be a big messy disaster.

BINGLY BONGLY BOO
I personally think this would be good, but I tried to present you the argument without any of my bias. You'll vote yes or no. The poll will automatically end in three days, so if you don't get your vote in then don't start yelling at me about it. If SkyClan is rid of, then the staff will decide what happens from there.

Post your opinion below, but I urge you all to be civil about it. I tried to present both the positives and negatives that I could think of, so you don't really have to repeat everything I said in a big rant, but just be polite about it.

I know this will eventually break down into an argument, but don't bite someone's head off if you can help it. These are just opinions, after all. Don't yell at other people or call them or their opinions dumb (yes, I'm talking to you in particular). Just try to be mature about it, alright?

EDIT: I edited out the "only post once" thing.

Dissolve SkyClan? I42GrfL

Last edited by Sleepy on Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 20:25; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://beata.forumotion.com/
Share this post on: reddit

Dissolve SkyClan? :: Comments

Kip
Re: Dissolve SkyClan?
Post Mon 31 Dec 2012 - 23:00 by Kip
I think SkyClan should leave cause all the new members join the usual: thunder, and river, and sometimes others, but not really SkyClan. The members of SkyClan usually die and wanna go in another clan, or die and be another character in the same clan. I don't think people WANT to be in SkyClan
Jay
Post Mon 31 Dec 2012 - 23:00 by Jay
Don't get rid of Skyclan. You are going to mess with other people's lives when they are not bothering you, and they don't really deserve it. Just leave Skyclan alone, people. D;
Reaper King
Post Mon 31 Dec 2012 - 23:09 by Reaper King
I say it should stay too, Skyclan was there before the books happened, and that is where our site takes place. New members may join Skyclan, because that is their favorite clan, we each have our own favorite clan, and we chose to be in it why not give them that option with Skyclan? Also I have been in Skyclan before, and when I was they seemed to have more topics and tried to bring the members of the clan closer together like they should be in the books. None of the other clans did that at the time.. (Not like this matters, but I had to state it.)
Kes
Post Mon 31 Dec 2012 - 23:20 by Kes
Keep keep keep! It's not fair to us that we have to restart our lives we worked hard for. D: We'll get through this.
Sleepy
Post Mon 31 Dec 2012 - 23:21 by Sleepy
Kestrelflight wrote:
Keep keep keep! It's not fair to us that we have to restart our lives we worked hard for. D: We'll get through this.

I wasn't suggesting restarting lives, for clarification. Only SkyClan's members splitting up. You'd still be a medicine cat. cx
Splotch
Post Mon 31 Dec 2012 - 23:37 by Splotch
Stormi, I love ya girl, but I think SkyClan should go. The people who join the site join for SkyClan, whitch is just a Noob magnet. (Not to be mean) We should spread out the members to ThunderClan or WindClan. There is a time before the books without SkyClan. Like Sleepy said, it is leaching other members from the other clans. I am sure, Kes could join the MC spot and train their MCA. Flamestar could become the deputy, and the others would fall in their place.It could also reduce killing them off if there is more opportunitys to RP with the large clan, whitch means character progression. Overall, I think SkyClan should leave.

Last edited by Splotchy on Mon 31 Dec 2012 - 23:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)
Kes
Post Mon 31 Dec 2012 - 23:43 by Kes
Vote cancel: Bye SkyClan
I was promised that Kestel could go to RC and be accepted as a full MC.
Just making sure that's on record.
Tigs
Post Mon 31 Dec 2012 - 23:47 by Tigs
Splotchy, I very much doubt that any clan who takes in SkyClan cats after the clan has been dissolved - if it is to be dissolved - would trust any of them enough to make them deputy or medicine cat right away. Just saying, it'll take time for the clans to trust the SKC cats as their own warriors, so they shouldn't expect fair treatment right away. x3
Splotch
Post Mon 31 Dec 2012 - 23:49 by Splotch
Well, if we desired not to RP it out, and switch to their clans, that is what I think should happen. Kes, switching to RC, I don't know how that is going to work out in RP...
Kes
Post Mon 31 Dec 2012 - 23:51 by Kes
I'm going to train Icepaw in WC and move to RC. Sleepy said yes and that's how'll be. *shot*
Sleepy
Post Tue 1 Jan 2013 - 0:04 by Sleepy
What I mean is that SkyClan cats are going to have to split up and go different places.

Kestrelflight might not be trusted right away, but I doubt Froststar is going to kick out a medicine cat who lost her Clan and home.

None of the SkyClan cats will be trusted right away, so it'll be a good chance for development and all that shet. But Kes is supposed to be a medium to StarClan and all that malarky and has knowledge of medicine, so... xP
Reaper King
Post Tue 1 Jan 2013 - 0:24 by Reaper King
I do not support this one bit. You are messing with people's lives, you are messing with our very own history too. The cats coming from Skyclan would not be accepted in the clans. It would always linger about where they came from. They would never really be able to get a rank besides warrior, I don't even know why RC would trust Kes with Mc The leader's never would be full trusting of them because they may think their loyalties still lie with Skyclan. When Skyclan was driven out in the books none of them went to other clans besides a queen who couldn't move her kits. In another book, Windclan was driven out, but none of them ever went to the other clans. Yes yes I know they came back but still.

The territory for Skyclan would still be there, so they didn't really lose their home unless you want to ruin the books. Also as you are messing with the history of getting rid of Skyclan, newer members would notice in the old canon thing that there was a Skyclan and might ask for it back, unless you want to get rid of the Skyclan part of the old Canon too so no one would ever notice.

I am sorry but from what I see the Cons out weigh the Pros in this.
Ebby
Post Tue 1 Jan 2013 - 1:01 by Ebby
I'm going to have to agree with Coon in the perspective. It would be nice to give the other clans members, but as long as SkyClan territory is still around, I see no reason for them to give it up.
And, while this might benefit eitherside, we're really not following the canon. The Thunderpath was made after SkyClan left and runs through what was Highpines.

Maybe we should make our own alternate history?

Anyways, I vote no.
Sleepy
Post Tue 1 Jan 2013 - 1:07 by Sleepy
An alternate history sounds good, actually... I'd love to make a timeline based off of the creations that people made when the reboot started. cx

And I changed my vote to "No." I'm too lazy to explain why, so I'll just say what I said on chat:

[01:03:04] @ Sleepy : I'm beginning to agree with the don't-chop-off-skyclan's-head side.

[01:03:56] @ Sleepy : Not out of any affection for SkyClan, but rather because I'm fearing that people are going to be like "Hey, SkyClan cat that used to be my enemy :D Sit right here! Relax! Make yourself at home!"
Post  by Sponsored content

Dissolve SkyClan?

Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next