Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A late apology

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2858

A late apology  Empty
PostSubject: A late apology    A late apology  EmptyMon Sep 05, 2022 2:34 pm

Batsong finally had a break from all the medicine cat work that she had. The den was well stalked and everything was very neat. Having an apprentice had helped so much with that.

As she walked out of the med den. She spotted her lifelong friend Scorchtalon. She flinched a little bit. She still felt so terrible and guilty that she had to tell shrikestar about the starclan dream she had that led to scorch and marsh being discovered. He had told her before that in secrecy and she wished so much that she could have kept her promise and told no one. But as medicine cat she had to tell the leader and council all her starclan dreams and the one about Scorchtalon and marshmallow had water rising from a pawprint which she now realized was a warning about the flood. If only she had figured that out prior now it was too late for the washed out shadowclan.

She hesitantly went to her friend. She didn’t know what he thought of her now… he probably hated that she did that to him and betrayed his trust like that. Her ears fell flat against her head in shame.

S… s-Scorchtalon? she meowed quietly barely able to meet his gaze.

She shifted uncomfortably on her paws awkwardly

I’m so s-s…sorry she meowed quietly I’m sorry I betrayed your t-trust like that she stuttered

She had a mate from another clan back when she was still a warrior and had told him about it… he had kept her secret … he was a better friend to her than she was to him it felt like. She couldn’t imagine how she would have felt if he had ratted her out about it. He must be furious with her but she didn’t know what else she could have done. The dream had ominous water out of the pawprint and she didn’t know if windclan was in danger or if people could have gotten hurt… and they did shadowclan had been flooded and batsong had been too slow to figure out the cryptic mystery of the dream.

I understand if you hate me n-now. I wish I could un-do it now … she should never of told about his secret she felt like… but at the time it felt it was the correct thing to do in case it led to trouble like the dream suggested … starclan was difficult to work with at times

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
zenpaii
Former Staff
Former Staff
zenpaii

Characters : [♠] ✞ Scorchtalon (W), [♞] ✞ Sootwhisker (SC), [♥] ✞ Sagepaw (W), [♣] Plumleaf (SKC), [♛] Beetleshade (T), [♚] Applespark (SC), [♜] Mudshriek (WC), [T]Tinyshadow (RC), [I]Irispaw (TC), [R]Rainpaw (WC), [S]Spider (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : [♠] ✞ Windclan (T5 Warrior), [♞] ✞ Shadowclan (T3 Warrior), [♥] ✞ Windclan (App), [♣] Skyclan (Tier 2 Hybrid Medicine Cat), [♛] Thunderclan (T5 Warrior), [♚] Shadowclan (T1 Warrior) [♜] Windclan (T2 Warrior), [T] Riverclan (T1 Warrior)
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 651

A late apology  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A late apology    A late apology  EmptyWed Sep 07, 2022 3:12 pm

Scorchtalon rested his head on his paws, a half-eaten hare lying beside him. His stomach was growling, but he couldn't bring himself to finish it. He'd been working hard lately to regain Shrikestar's trust, and it was starting to take it's toll. His paws hurt from the constant patrolling, but it helped get his mind off things, at least for a little while. He looked up at the sound of pawsteps approaching, surprised to see Batsong heading toward him. He didn't think she would want to talk to him after he'd forced her into the awkward position of having to choose between her loyalty to the clan and her loyalty to her friend. Even so, he wouldn't turn down a chance to mend their friendship.

He rose to his paws as she approached, but as he opened his mouth to speak she beat him to it. He felt a rush of warmth as she spoke, suddenly remembering all the good times they'd had together.

"I forgive you Batsong, I understand you only had the clan's best interests at heart." And that's all that matters, right? Despite his joy at reconciling with his friend, Scorchtalon couldn't shake the twinge of heartache. How much more would he be forced to give up for the sake of his clan? Was it so wrong for him to seek out happiness at a time where he felt like he'd lost nearly everyone important to him?

"I'm sorry I made you choose. I understand you have different responsibilities than you did when we were warriors together, and a connection with Starclan I couldn't even begin to comprehend. I hope you can forgive me for putting you in that position."

plotting pages | character profiles
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2858

A late apology  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A late apology    A late apology  EmptyWed Sep 07, 2022 8:42 pm

Batsong closed her eyes she fully expected her friend to be furious with her.  To be angry about the events that had taken place.  She couldnt blame him if he felt that way, she had ruined his life after all. She knew what it was like to love outside of the clan from her warrior days being with the skyclanner Slightfrost.  Scorchtalon had known about it and he had not told anyone.  

He had supported her in every way that he could have and she had still turned against her promise to keep him and Marshmallow a secret. How could she even face him now?  She was so sorry how this had played out, more sorry than anything she had ever felt.  She wished the dream from starclan had never come to her, that none of this had ever happened.

Batsong couldn't believe her ears when he spoke words of forgiveness.  
Her eyes reopened tears filled, "h-h...how can you forgive me so easily" she stuttered in disbelief.

She was even more shocked by his next words... He was sorry? She shook her head and rested her tail on his shoulder, No ... no you d-d..did nothing w-w..wrong" she whispered quietly. She truly believed that too.  The rules of no cross-clan relations had always felt wrong to her.  If it was up to her she would have happily continued to turn a blind eye to his and Marsh's relation but starclans dreams were meant to be shared with the leader and starclan of course just had to share this revelation with her (she already knew of it) ... it felt starclan just wanted her to be put into this situation... This was not the first time she felt that stars were sometimes against her.  

Shrikestar's decision of banning him from seeing Marsh was not something she agreed with or enjoyed.

Still, Scorchtalons surprising forgiveness and mercy was surprising as it was welcomed.  She still had her life-long friend and she smiled a little hearing this. T-there is nothing for you to apologize for Scorch she purred softly.

A sudden glint of playful mischief appeared in her eyes. She had always had that slight bit of mischief in her.

Nothing harmful, all playful spirited.

She thought back to when they were kits and she had dared him to mess up the leaders nest and he had actually done it!  

"Scorch?" she purred laughing a little.

"I g-guess its my turn to do the d-dare." Grinning a little with no further explanation she darted off to the leaders den.  Shrikestar had been off on some patrol and wasnt going to be back for a bit.

After messing up his nest a little she giggled playfully at the prank that they had found so funny as kits... It still was kinda funny even now.

Darting back out she grinned.  Gently boop his nose with her tail she purred "we are even now" she giggled.

(OOC: to any third party readers, yes they really did do that as kits
https://warriorclancats.forumotion.com/t46403-if-you-re-lonely-come-be-lonely-with-me
)

(ooc part 2: aww wholesome topic )

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A late apology  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A late apology    A late apology  Empty

Back to top Go down

A late apology
Page 1 of 1