Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

An Apology

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Characters : Stormkit ♀
Clan/Rank : WindClan / Kit
Leo Pig
Number of posts : 2307

An Apology Empty
PostAn Apology

I just wanted to apologize for my sudden lack of activity. Yes, part of it was because of Christmas, but actually the main reason I had been away is because of my grandfather.

To make a long story short, he’s really old and had been dealing with health issues, so I had been taking care of him with my family for the past few days. Today he collapsed and had to be immediately carried to emergencies at our nearest hospital. We are really worried for him as the doctors are telling us that he may not make it through the night, and the fact that he is still alive at this day is some kind of miracle. They also told us that even if he does make it through the night, by the looks of it he won’t leave the hospital at this point and his life expectancy is really, really short…

This kind of news hit hard, and I’ll be honest with you my muse is nearly dead at this point. I’ll keep trying to post, but it may take me some time to reply to threads at this point. If you really need me to post somewhere send me a PM and I’ll try to reply ASAP.

[10HP || 30SP]
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

An Apology :: Comments

Willow
Re: An Apology
Post Wed 28 Dec 2016 - 16:11 by Willow
I'm so sorry to hear you and your family are going through this. I hope you find peace and closure and have the strength to make it through such a difficult season of your life. We've all watched family members suffer and have suffered ourselves through the process. It's not easy.
Jughead
Post Wed 28 Dec 2016 - 16:21 by Jughead
Don't apologize, everyone on this site can't devote our lives to it, just focus on what you must, fictional characters can wait. I hope everything goes smoothly.
Ripped
Post Thu 29 Dec 2016 - 11:31 by Ripped
Sorry to hear Ink :( praying for you and your family
Dimmeh
Post Thu 29 Dec 2016 - 17:13 by Dimmeh
Don't bother with this site if your grandfather isn't doing well. I'm sorry to hear this, and I hope for your grandfather's recovery. I hope that everything returns to normal, we can't stay here all the time. You don't need to have muse, just... stay safe, and hope your grandfather does.
Shadow
Post Thu 29 Dec 2016 - 20:25 by Shadow
I'm so sorry to hear about this... I hope for the best for you~ take your time. Real life comes before this site ;w;
Inky Pawprints
Post Sat 31 Dec 2016 - 17:01 by Inky Pawprints
Ok, I think I’ll come back to the site and try to become as active as possible around here, even if this situation isn’t over. My grandpa is still alive, but his health is getting worse according to the doctor’s words, even if he tries to act otherwise…and I’ll be honest with you, it only takes one quick glance to notice that he’s far from being the same cheerful and strong grandpa he was less than a week ago.

And before you say something against it (Cuz I know there may be one or two of you that may try to convince me to focus on those instead of the site for now for obvious reasons when you read this). I tried to follow your advice and focus on him instead, but focusing so much in something like this, especially when you know there is nothing you can do to help the one you love beyond being there for them as often as possible, takes its toll on you. Even some of my closest friends that are helping me through this time insist that I need to keep my mind busy, as only thinking about this is starting to make my behavior change…but let’s be honest here, even with all these Christmas and New Year parties we have a lot more of free time in our hands thanks to the winter break and keep yourself occupied at all times is really a challenge…and is in that free time I want to come here and keep myself busy with something I really like.

I’ll keep visiting my grandpa as often as possible and everything, but now I’ll try to fill those gaps of free time with rp here so my mind doesn’t drifts too much to his current health problem and it doesn’t torments me with the question of “Is he going to wake up at all tomorrow?” when I go to sleep.

Now, I would really appreciate it if you don’t touch the subject when I’m in the cbox or through PM, at least for now. I’m really grateful for your support, guys, but if any of you had gone through something like this you’ll understand that until your loved one either recovers or passes away, and sometimes even after that, this can be a really touchy subject for you and would rather not have people asking you or talking about it all the time.
Dimmeh
Post Sat 31 Dec 2016 - 19:57 by Dimmeh
I understand, Ink... I'd just want to help you through this because I know it's hard (my grandma and alzheimer's in 2013) and I know that if I were you, I wouldn't appreciate others talking about it, either. So, I will stop talking about it for now.
Shadow
Post Sun 1 Jan 2017 - 20:50 by Shadow
If there is ever anything I can do, please let me know ;w;
Inky Pawprints
Post Wed 25 Jan 2017 - 19:11 by Inky Pawprints
Update:

I had to go somewhat inactive for some time thanks to a mix between feeling awful because I was informed that my grandpa passed away last Wednesday and an ugly family fight between my side and some aunts and cousins on the other side that side he started falling ill couldn't see him as anything else but a walking "$" sign...I won't go into detail, but let’s just say that he decided to not include them in his will and that made them furious.

I’m still feeling touchy about the subject, but  finally will be able to come back here and be active once more, however, if one day I’m kinda absent is because the fight I talked about is still ongoing and since I’m legally an adult I must step in and take a side at times even when my family is trying really hard to keep me out of this…and believe me when I say I don’t even understand why this fight is still going on at this point, given that the will is clear and all my family wants is some time to be able to grief for our loss and be able to move on, time they are not letting us have.
Post  by Sponsored content

An Apology

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Announcements :: Member Announcements-
Jump to: