Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Leaf-fall is finally here, and with it, the promise of colder, crueler, days ahead.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Fish's Apprentice Ceremony

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6202

Fish's Apprentice Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Fish's Apprentice Ceremony   Fish's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyFri 28 Jun 2024 - 9:22

i've given up on counting blessings
Leopardstar didn't mind taking over apprentice ceremonies: it was something she looked forward to, really; a familiar reminder of her time as deputy that felt so long ago.

"All cats old enough to silently stalk in the shadows, please gather in the shadow of the Jaggedrock for a Clan meeting!"

There was a hint of a purr as her voice carried over the muddy hollow, pleased to share good news for once.
the gods can judge me when i'm dead || code (c) kieer

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ishpaw [Fa]lconpaw [Fo]xsnap
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [P] (T3) RiverClan Hybrid MCA [F] ShadowClan Apprentice [Fa] WindClan Apprentice [Fo] SkyCla T1 Warrior
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2853

PostSubject: Re: Fish's Apprentice Ceremony   Fish's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyFri 28 Jun 2024 - 10:10

FISH
Now I face out, I hold out...

Fish didn’t know how, or why, but he’d been accepted into ShadowClan. Leopardstar looked at him and saw something of value--saw drive, maybe saw his intellect, saw… whatever it was that held worth in their eyes. Now, he stood in their muddy hollow, drifting between Pineblossom and Hedgepaw’s sides. He was waiting for something--for a ceremony, he’d been told. His ceremony. When Leopardstar’s voice suddenly rang out, Fish looked up from his shuffling paws and blinked toward her. Though the words were foreign, it was easy enough to understand them as a summons. Fish looked between the other cats nearby before scooting forward and blinking expectantly up at her.
...I reach out to the truth of my life.
ShadowClan • Apprentice • he/him • #2F8A7B
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

FishpawShadowClan
Apprentice
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T5 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
(T3) Hybrid MCA
#20AED4
FalconpawWindClan
Apprentice
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxsnapSkyClan
T1 Warrior
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : //Living//:[J]uniperhunt, [Q]uillsplash | Bird, [Sc]orchivy, [L]eopardwind, [C]reamlily, [M]ilkkit, [Sp]arrowkit //Dead:// Tawnyshadow, Sootstorm, Cinderpaw, Ajex | Palekit, Shatteredsky, Reedshine, Deerleap, Slightfrost, Specklepaw, Sunfire, Copperlark
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan T1 Warrior [Q]ShadowClan T5 Warrior [Sc]WindClan NPC PermaQueen [L]WindClan T3 Warrior [C]WindClan T3 Warrior [M]RiverClan Kit [Sp]Unborn SkyClan Kit
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3638

PostSubject: Re: Fish's Apprentice Ceremony   Fish's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyFri 28 Jun 2024 - 19:09

I feel like I’m waiting for something that’ll never happen

It was easy to understand what the purpose of Leopardstar's summons were. His former mentor had brought a stray rogue back to Camp the other day, and after a short discussion, it was decided that the rogue would be taken in. The rogue, whose name he had found out to be Fish, had yet to have a change of name, so surely this must be it. His apprentice ceremony would be close too. Sablestrike had pointed out how the rogue was easily apprentice-aged, and should know how to hunt and fight rather well already.

This all reminded him of when he first joined, many moons ago. He was about 6 or 7 moons old at the time too, and promptly received a new name before being promoted to apprentice. His mentor had been Pineblossom, who he grew to trust in. Fish, however, seemed to have quite a number of friends already. Quillsplash had began his journey in the Clan by pushing away every cat... or every shadow, but Fish seemed to get along with most cats just fine. Hedgepaw seemed quite friendly with him already, and the warrior couldn't be happier that his apprentice was finally getting more friends other than her brothers. Perhaps, Fish's journey here might be a bit smoother than his was...

I wish I could go back in time; not to change anything, but to feel a few things twice.

There was a new cat in Camp recently, but Juniperpaw had yet to summon the courage to speak to him or look for too long. She had heard from conversations around Camp that he was a rogue accepted into ShadowClan recently by Leopardstar herself. Would this meeting be about this, then? The black she-cat plopped herself down close to Quillsplash, craning her neck to peek about from behind the older tom to catch a glimpse of the stranger. He was barely larger than her, but with much lankier legs and shorter fur. He looked so skinny... had he been eating enough? Her tail flicked uneasly, and she made a note to herself to pass him a mouse later... or she could get someone else to do it. She didn't want to find out what a rogue would do or say to her.

Quillsplash | Bird / Tom / ShadowClan T5 Warrior / #802318
Juniperhunt / She-Cat / ShadowClan T1 Warrior / #b9abb2
Scorchivy / She-Cat / WindClan NPC PermaQueen / #009966
Leopardwind / Tom / WindClan T3 Warrior / #cc9900
Creamlily / She-Cat / WindClan T3 Warrior / #ff6600
Sparrowkit / She-Cat / Unborn SkyClan Kit / #993366
Milkkit / Tom / RiverClan Kit / #dbc6ad

Art Commissions | Character Profiles | Art Giveaway
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6202

PostSubject: Re: Fish's Apprentice Ceremony   Fish's Apprentice Ceremony EmptySat 29 Jun 2024 - 16:01

i've given up on counting blessings
Fish's enthusiasm was returned in the leader's easy smile, an unusual sight given the troublesome situations she tended to find herself in. Once more of the Clan had gathered, she began the ceremony in earnest.

"Fish, you have chosen to become a part of ShadowClan, with all that that entails. That includes partaking in our rites and ceremonies, beginning with perhaps one of the most sacred. From this until the day you earn your warrior name, proving yourself to your new home and family in ShadowClan, you will be known as Fishpaw. Your mentor will be Quillsplash: he has displayed determination and flexibility, and I trust that he will pass those virtues on to you."
the gods can judge me when i'm dead || code (c) kieer

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : //Living//:[J]uniperhunt, [Q]uillsplash | Bird, [Sc]orchivy, [L]eopardwind, [C]reamlily, [M]ilkkit, [Sp]arrowkit //Dead:// Tawnyshadow, Sootstorm, Cinderpaw, Ajex | Palekit, Shatteredsky, Reedshine, Deerleap, Slightfrost, Specklepaw, Sunfire, Copperlark
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan T1 Warrior [Q]ShadowClan T5 Warrior [Sc]WindClan NPC PermaQueen [L]WindClan T3 Warrior [C]WindClan T3 Warrior [M]RiverClan Kit [Sp]Unborn SkyClan Kit
Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Fish's Apprentice Ceremony   Fish's Apprentice Ceremony EmptySat 29 Jun 2024 - 19:56

Quillsplash's ears flicked at the call of his name. Leopardstar would choose him to mentor a new apprentice, even after Batpaw went missing? Well, that part wasn't his fault, but surely there would be some hesitation from the leader. But maybe her praise was genuine, and she believed him to be a good fit for the newcomer. What was it she said... determination and flexibility? He had no idea what she meant by it, but there was no time to ask about it.

The tortoiseshell tom padded up to Fishpaw, aware of Juniperpaw lurking just behind him. Was she eager to make friends with the rogue as well? "Welcome to ShadowClan, Fishpaw. My name is Quillsplash, and I'll be in charge of your training until you earn your Warrior Name. You may take the rest of today off to rest up and get to know your denmates. Tomorrow, report at the Camp's entrance at Sunset for a tour around the territory. I understand that staying up in the night may not be, uh, one of your habits, so don't worry if you're late, and I'll wake you up myself if you're still sleeping. Try to sleep early today, though. We'll also go over the Warrior Code, if we have the time..." Thank the Stars Silverhawk had taught him the Warrior Code prior, or training Fishpaw may have just gotten much much more difficult. Perhaps he should find the older tom and extend his gratitude... though he shuddered at the thought of speaking to the silver warrior again.

Quillsplash paused to allow Juniperpaw to offer her own words of congratulations. Juniperpaw really was a sweet cat... he hoped Fishpaw wouldn't mess with the black she-cat, or he might find himself in charge of taking care of the elders for a couple of moons. In a much softer tone, he added to his new apprentice, "If you're worried about fitting in, don't worry. I was taken into ShadowClan at your age too, and I know a handful of cats weren't born into ShadowClan either. And if it brings you any more comfort, you'll be training alongside my other apprentice, Hedgepaw, who I believed you have already met. Let me know if you need help with anything... I am here to assist you."

I wish I could go back in time; not to change anything, but to feel a few things twice.

Fishpaw, apprenticed to Quillsplash... Juniperpaw supposed it made sense. Quillsplash was once a rogue before joining ShadowClan, and though she hadn't been around at the time, it was recent enough that she had heard stories or gossip about it from the elders, and it sure did sound similar to Fishpaw's story. No doubt Quillsplash would have an easier time making Fishpaw feel more comfortable in ShadowClan. The black she-cat approached the tortoiseshell tom shyly, half-hiding behind Quillsplash. She waited for the warrior to finish speaking before adding in a soft whisper to Fishpaw, "I can help set up your nest in the apprentice's den... if you want." And she should fetch him something to eat too.

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchbreeze [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: ShadowClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T4 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan T3 Warrior.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6888

PostSubject: Re: Fish's Apprentice Ceremony   Fish's Apprentice Ceremony EmptySat 29 Jun 2024 - 20:15

Hedgepaw had been waiting eagerly for Fish's ceremony. She hadn't known when it would be, exactly--the timing of ceremonies often seemed like it made no sense. Some cats became warriors so quick, and some were kits for a very long time. She never knew. So it was more luck than anything else that she found herself in camp at the time Leopardstar called a summons--and this time, Fish's summons. Hedgepaw had been on the other end of camp, so too late to run up and speak with Fish before the leader had called him forward. However, she couldn't keep herself from shifting her weight between paws in her excitement. How long ago had it been that they'd met in the territory? She'd asked Mamma if they could take him home, back then, and she'd said no. But now! Now, Fish was going to be an apprentice and they could be friends all the time, instead of just when they ran into each other! Now he'd be safe and she wouldn't have to worry about him every time she saw the Thunderpath.

Her heart had already been fit to burst with joy, but she nearly exploded upon hearing not only the new name--Fishpaw--but who his mentor would be. Quillsplash. Her mentor. They could train together! All her previous desires to advance and worries about being left behind in the apprentice's den melted away in the new information's wake. They could train together. Especially after Batpaw's loss, having a fellow apprentice to patrol with again sounded better than anything. Hedgepaw bounced up and down in her elation, but she still couldn't run forward quite yet. Ceremony rules said that the two of them had to talk together for a bit before other cats could come and say hi. But eventually, Quillsplash stepped away--she barely caught his voice saying her name, with the edge of her hearing--and then the small brown and white apprentice darted forward with an enormous smile. "Fish! Fishpaw!" she purred ecstatically, rumbling all over. She headbutted his shoulder and hoped that the enthusiasm would transfer through her to him, and that he wouldn't be worried or sad about anything. "Congratulations! I'm sososo happy you finally get your name. Hey! We get to train together! You're a real 'pprentice now! An' you get Quillsplash as your mentor? He's the bestest mentor in the world probably besides my Mamma."

She would've said more, but it appeared that she wasn't the only cat trying to talk to Fishpaw. Another apprentice--one of the younger ones, Juniperpaw if she recalled correctly--came up shyly to whisper to him. And... that was good, right? Right, of course it was. Fishpaw had to make lots of friends. Besides, he was so goofy and had such a big smile, anyone would want to be his friend. Still, Hedgepaw couldn't stifle the momentary fire that spread through her heart at the younger she-cat offering to help Fishpaw with his nest. Wasn't that supposed to be her job? He was her friend! She didn't like that she'd felt so hot for a moment, though, so she swallowed the weird feeling away and grinned instead. "Yeah! We should get your nest all set up. Did you sleep in nests? I dunno how loners sleep. We got lots of soft moss and stuff. This is Juniperpaw, b'the'way, and you guys should definitely be friends."

⸙ Larchbreeze ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ ShadowClan ○
⸙ Tier 3 Warrior ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 4 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Signature and Avatar by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon; [B]lazekit
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; RC T5; RC T5; Rogue T1; WC App
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 3152

PostSubject: Re: Fish's Apprentice Ceremony   Fish's Apprentice Ceremony EmptySun 7 Jul 2024 - 15:24

PINEBLOSSOM
If I could tell you how I feel...

Fish tended to stick by Pineblossom like a little shadow. She didn’t mind, as it was easier to keep an eye on him while he slowly got settled. He spent time with Hedgepaw as well, something else that she was grateful for. Her other children were a bit more wary about him, but she hoped that they would come around to him soon.

Leopardstar began the ceremony that Pineblossom had been expecting. The ceremony was quicker than most; Fish had already agreed to follow the rules of the clan, after all. He was given his name swiftly—Fishpaw, how apt—and then Quillsplash was called as his mentor. She had been hoping that either herself or Quillsplash would be his mentor, for comfort or because Quillsplash knew exactly what Fishpaw was going through. This would be a good outcome. And since Hedgepaw was still being taught by Quillsplash, Fishpaw will have a friend to work alongside of.

“Congratulations on being an official part of ShadowClan,” she told Fishpaw with a smile. “Quillsplash was my apprentice. He will teach you well.” She looked to Quillsplash and added, “If you ever need my assistance, you need only ask. I know he and Hedgpaw both will become great warriors under your guidance.”
...would you know what the words meant?
ShadowClan • T5 Warrior • She/Her • #6699ff
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/200EP
#6abcde
RashoumonT1 Rogue
35HP/80EP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/200EP
PoppystarT5 RiverClan Leader
70HP/200EP
BlazekitWindClan Kit
10HP/20EP
#ff6600
(not pictured)
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Fish's Apprentice Ceremony   Fish's Apprentice Ceremony EmptySun 7 Jul 2024 - 16:23

Quillsplash dipped his head to Pineblossom, acknowledging his former mentor's offer for assistance. He had some experience training two apprentices at once, since he had once trained Batpaw alongside Hedgepaw, so he couldn't imagine he would be in desperate need of the older warrior's assistance. Still, it'd be nice to speak with her again. It's been ages since they last went on the same patrol, and he was beginning to miss her just a little. He could arrange for another warrior to take his apprentices out for a day, he supposed, though Pineblossom had her own apprentices... Silverhawk wouldn't mind taking Hedgepaw, Fernpaw and Fishpaw out on top of Wolfpaw, right? Maybe Quillsplash should start finding an alternative to dumping his apprentices on Silverhawk whenever he needed to be elsewhere. The older tom always seemed to enjoy it though.

Juniperpaw blinked at Hedgepaw's arrivial. She seemed super close with Fishpaw already, and from what she knew the older apprentice was a bundle of warmth and a joy to be around. She was the sister of Fernpaw, wasn't she? And Quillsplash's mentor. And Mama's friend's daughter... what was her name... Pineblossom! As if on cue, the larger dark-furred she-cat appeared to congratulate Fishpaw too. Hadn't she been the one to bring Fishpaw into ShadowClan? And she was Quillsplash's mentor. ShadowClan really was small...

The black apprentice gave a small start as Hedgepaw said her name. The black she-cat snapped her gaze to the older apprentice, a small noise of protest on her tongue. Friends? Why would Hedgepaw suggest Fishpaw be her friend? Wasn't Hedgepaw friends with Fishpaw already? Confusion evident in her eyes, the small apprentice kept her silence and pressed a little closer to Quillsplash.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fish's Apprentice Ceremony   Fish's Apprentice Ceremony Empty