Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Fish Out of Water [Open]

Go down 
+5
Ash
downfive
moonazyne
Nerd
xaandiir
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 3115

Fish Out of Water [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Fish Out of Water [Open]   Fish Out of Water [Open] EmptyThu 6 Jun 2024 - 10:27

PINEBLOSSOM
If I could tell you how I feel...

Takes place after this topic.

Pineblossom was relatively quiet on the way back to camp with little Fish in tow. She tried to formulate what she was going to say and how she would propose allowing the rogue into the clan. She pondered benefits, both moral and logical, and tried to think of counterarguments for whatever objections her clanmates may bring up. It was ultimately Leopardstar’s decision if she would allow another outsider into the clan, but she took the opinions of her clanmates seriously, so if they had qualms with it, Pineblossom needed to be prepared to quell them.

She looked to Fish as they approached the hidden valley they called home. She had been careful to not let Fish fall into any muddy puddles, although his paws had gotten sticky with mud along the way. She said, “Be polite when we arrive. Many cats may scrutinize you, though I will not allow them to antagonize you. If Leopardstar ultimately chooses to not allow you in then I will take you safely back across the Thunderpath—but I will do my best to persuade her.”

Pineblossom helped Fish throrugh the thorny brambles that guarded their camp. As they walked into camp, some cats shuffling about, Pineblossom cleared her throat and called, “Leopardstar, Sablestrike, I have something to ask of you.” She came to stop and made sure Fish stopped with her. She gestured that he could set down the vole he’d brought as a gift.
...would you know what the words meant?
ShadowClan • T5 Warrior • She/Her • #6699ff
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/200EP
#6abcde
RashoumonT1 Rogue
35HP/80EP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/200EP
PoppystarT5 RiverClan Leader
70HP/200EP
BlazekitWindClan Kit
10HP/20EP
#ff6600
(not pictured)
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Characters : Lighttail (SkC), Sunflare (SC), Sageroot (TC), Bianca (Rogue), Mistypaw (SkC), Minkpaw (TC)
Clan/Rank : Lighttail: SkyClan T3 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T5 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue. Mistypaw: SkyClan Apprentice. Minkpaw: ThunderClan Apprentice.
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 2664

PostSubject: Re: Fish Out of Water [Open]   Fish Out of Water [Open] EmptyThu 6 Jun 2024 - 10:40

Sunflare drew himself out of the medicine den at the familiar voice, hind legs numb and unsteady but still bearing his weight. The cobwebs on his back felt unsettling, but he knew the fox had gotten him badly. “Pineblossom,” he mewed, making his way over. “Who is this?” The tom sniffed hesitantly. “A rogue?”
Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Characters : [C]indersky, [W]olfpaw [D]aytrader, [R]yepaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan, T3 Deputy | ShadowClan, Apprentice| T1 Loner | WindClan Apprentice
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 484

PostSubject: Re: Fish Out of Water [Open]   Fish Out of Water [Open] EmptyThu 6 Jun 2024 - 11:03

Wolfpaw
You don't believe me? You will...

Any other day, Wolfpaw would have been delighted to see his Mama return to camp. But she had oft returned smelling different these days, as did Hedgepaw. A different scent that was not of the marsh. That scent he had learned on the Thunderpath, and he could still remember the scent of its blood on his claws, as minimal as it were. When it rolled in, trailing in like his Mama's shadow, the sound that came from him was like a choke. Quickly silenced with a jaw clenched so hard he could have sworn he had heard something pop.

'I will tear out your throat and leave your corpse for the crows and rats to feed on,' Did the warning mean nothing to that pathetic stink-thing? Or did it merely believe it was empty words, uttered on a false tongue? His claws dug into the ground beneath him, tail lashing with poorly contained contempt. First Quillsplash, now this... This thing. They were testing him. Seeing how close they could get to his family. He knew it, knew it as sure as he knew he would be the one to kill them. He knew it.
...You will become a true believer.
ShadowClan • Apprentice • He/Him• #6b2213
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

Cindersky  | Daytrader |  Wolfpaw |  Ryepaw

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ishpaw [Fa]lconpaw [Fo]xpaw
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [P] (T3) RiverClan Hybrid MCA [F] ShadowClan Apprentice [Fa] WindClan Apprentice [Fo] SkyClan Apprentice
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2800

PostSubject: Re: Fish Out of Water [Open]   Fish Out of Water [Open] EmptyThu 6 Jun 2024 - 11:07

FISH
Now I face out, I hold out...

Fish had never been so deep into ShadowClan territory. He thought he’d strayed far on that fateful day where he first met Pineblossom and Hedgepaw, but today it felt like they walked forever. The land did not get easier to navigate as they went. More plentiful puddles formed, or deeper ones, or ground that appeared solid was not. Fish stumbled frequently and feared he would lose his balance, but Pineblossom did not let him fall. He was pretty sure he would be grateful to her for the rest of his life. In a way, she’d saved it.

For once in his life, Fish remained quiet for the majority of their walk, allowing both of them time just to reflect. It was only when he made out the shape of a huddle of bracken and ferns tucked against the earth that he said, ”Oh, wow,” around the vole in his mouth. Pineblossom’s steps were slowing, so his did, too, and he turned his head up to look at her. Fish didn’t like the sound of being scrutinized, nor of being polite. He did not know if he was the latter, and the former set his teeth on edge. But he nodded and, muffled, agreed, ”Right.”

Be gracious, do not let their assuredly-hostile looks and words get under his fur… it was a tall ask. Fish could taste his failure already, sour in the back of his mouth. They would turn him away. He would make a fool of himself, or misstep somehow, or they would simply hate him like Pineblossom’s son did. The myriad voices he could hear lying in the valley were just waiting to reject him. He already knew it all.

But he was here. He had to try. Pineblossom believed in him, and surely his sole friend Hedgepaw would believe in him, so he had to try. ”I’m… ready.” He wasn’t sure if he was. There was no more time to wait.

Fish ducked beneath the thorns as Pineblossom helped him through. A few caught against his fur but they did not grab deep enough to hurt, just to give him momentary pause. It was only a short few steps before they were stepping through the barrier and into… Shadow Clan’s camp. Dozens of cats milled about. Many stopped short as he padded through the entrance, likely given pause by his unfamiliar scent. Eyes quickly turned his way. Fish swallowed around his vole and did his best to meet them, but not stare. Pineblossom came to a halt beside him and called out names he didn’t know, likely their leader and another cat of import. He shuffled a step closer and continued looking around. He did not see Hedgepaw immediately, and that made his ears tilt back. But he did see her brother, glaring daggers into him from across the fluidly moving bodies of camp. Fish’s heart dropped into his paws and he quickly wrenched his eyes away before fear could crowd the space in his chest. He pressed against Pineblossom’s side.

It wasn’t long before someone was crowding his sight to distract him. Fish wanted to shrink away from the ginger tom’s inspection, but he forced himself to remain tall--as tall as he could be, at least. The tom’s back was smeared with cobwebs and he smelled overwhelmingly of plantlife. Fish wondered what had tried to crush his spine, and nearly opened his mouth to ask, but a glance toward Pineblossom quickly made him think better of that. He finally set down the vole and looked toward the unfamiliar cat-- a warrior, he wondered? --deciding it was better to focus on the one that had approached so far rather than staring into the dizzying crowd. All the eyes would make his head hurt. The voices were already starting to.

”My name’s Fish,” he answered, even though he hadn’t been asked. Was that impolite? He shouldn’t overthink it. ”Pineblossom’s helped me get home before. But I’m an… orphan now.” Was he doing this right? Surely orphanhood would appeal to them. He had to perform his best. He had to do everything he could to ensure they liked him. He could not make the proclamations that he wanted to, which were that there was no point in introducing himself or trying to appeal to some sense of emotion, as he was a lost cause. Fish had to bite his tongue for a moment. He just had to be polite. Normal. ”She brought me here so I could have a home,” he said. Fish looked away from the wounded tom down toward the vole he’d brought along. He suddenly did not want to part with it, and he grimaced briefly at a nagging reminder from his stomach of why he’d been out hunting in the first place, but he sighed and carried on with his words. ”I brought this vole as a gift to the… Clan. I hope--” he felt so wheedling, and he hated it, ”that you’ll accept it. And me.”
...I reach out to the truth of my life.
Rogue • T2 Rogue • he/him • #2F8A7B

FishpawShadowClan
Apprentice
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T5 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
(T3) Hybrid MCA
#20AED4
FalconpawWindClan
Apprentice
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxpawSkyClan
Apprentice
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchbreeze [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: ShadowClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T4 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan T3 Warrior.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6856

PostSubject: Re: Fish Out of Water [Open]   Fish Out of Water [Open] EmptyThu 6 Jun 2024 - 11:34

Very few things occupied Hedgepaw's thoughts consistently. Her mind found itself easily distracted, flitting from topic to topic like an indecisive butterfly, based on whatever was in front of her at the moment. There were only a few exceptions to this rule. Firstly, her family--her brothers and mother, who she thought of pretty much constantly in response to any situation she found herself in. Secondly, and far more oddly, was her friends. The fact that she thought of her friends was not odd, but instead she found herself wondering why one of them rose to mind so much more often recently. The rogue Fish, who she'd only had a few sparse encounters with--most recently, that time at the Gathering where she'd suddenly found herself consumed by fear that something bad would happen to him. That was the last time she'd seen him. Now when she was out hunting with little else to busy her thoughts, like she had been just now, he often rose to the forefront of her concerns. Where was he? What had happened to him? Was he okay? Though she thought about him a lot, she had no way to track him down or speak with him. She didn't know where he lived except that it was past the Thunderpath, and she wasn't supposed to go on it. So all she could really do was think and worry and wonder.

So imagine her surprise then when she padded into camp, a small frog in her jaws from her successful hunting jaunt, and then saw the scrappy black and orange form right before her eyes. At first she thought she was seeing things. Hedgepaw blinked hard, dropping the piece of prey to the side, and tilted her head as if moving would make the mirage shimmer and reveal itself to be fake. No--while the illusory Fish did move and shift, he seemed completely real. The way he pressed into Pineblossom's side--Mamma? What was she doing there with him?--and glanced around with his whiskers twitching seemed so incredibly accurate that it couldn't be her imagination. And then he spoke. That voice, so vibrant and yet so uncertain. She didn't even see the way everyone else was looking at him; she didn't see how Wolfpaw glared at him with hackles bristling as if he were an enemy or a predator. All she saw was Fish next to her Mamma, and the fact that he was uneaten, and the fact that he was real. And in camp. And saying something about "home."

"Fish!" The small brown-and-white apprentice almost tumbled forward in her eagerness, paws falling over each other in her need to get over to him as quickly as possible. Forest-green eyes shone brightly in his direction. "Fish, I'm glad you're okay! What're you doing here? Are you gonna stay with us now? Is he, Mamma? You'll be a lot safer here, there's waaaaay less scary stuff in camp. Maybe we can train together!" In a few moments she was there in front of him. A tiny white paw prodded him for a second, as if to make sure he was really there. Then she grinned. "I gotta introduce you t' my brothers! An' everyone else, too. They'll love you!" The presence of a warrior nearby suddenly registered to her. Hedgepaw glanced upward and around, noticing the rest of the Clan there. There was Sunflare towering over both of them. He was one of the cats who'd helped her against the owl that one time, wasn't he? Well, Fish would have to meet everyone eventually if he was gonna stay here with them. She smiled up at him winningly. Was he here to welcome Fish, too? "Sunflare! This is Fish," she proclaimed. "He's my friend."

⸙ Larchbreeze ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ ShadowClan ○
⸙ Tier 3 Warrior ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 4 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Signature and Avatar by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Characters : Lighttail (SkC), Sunflare (SC), Sageroot (TC), Bianca (Rogue), Mistypaw (SkC), Minkpaw (TC)
Clan/Rank : Lighttail: SkyClan T3 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T5 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue. Mistypaw: SkyClan Apprentice. Minkpaw: ThunderClan Apprentice.
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 2664

PostSubject: Re: Fish Out of Water [Open]   Fish Out of Water [Open] EmptyThu 6 Jun 2024 - 19:38

“You’re fortunate, young one,” Sunflare purred. “You’ve fallen in with some of ShadowClan’s finest cats. Let me know if you need anything, Pineblossom.”
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6178

PostSubject: Re: Fish Out of Water [Open]   Fish Out of Water [Open] EmptySat 8 Jun 2024 - 9:25

i've given up on counting blessings
Upon hearing her name called--as well as that of her deputy--Leopardstar emerged from the warriors' den, waving her tail in greeting to Pineblossom and regarding the newcomer accompanying her with curiosity.

"Sablestrike!" she called when he didn't immediately join them. "It would seem we have a guest."

She was about to question her about the younger cat's identity, but he introduced himself before she could. Fish. A rogue, then--but young, hardly more than a kit, and now without his parents. He hadn't stumbled upon them, but instead been guided by one of her most trusted warriors. And Hedgepaw, too, stepped forward to say she knew him; even calling him her friend.

"Pineblossom is an excellent warrior," Leopardstar agreed. "If you were in her care, you've been lucky indeed."  Then, as an aside directed to Pineblossom and Hedgepaw: "Might I ask how you met?"

While waiting for answers, she turned, searching for her deputy.
the gods can judge me when i'm dead || code (c) kieer

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Characters : [SC]Heatherberry| [TC]Vinecrawler | [SKC] Peatkit | [WC] Moosepaw | [R] Grub Jr
Clan/Rank : [H]T3 BT MC / T4 MC | [V]T5 Warrior | [GJ] T1 Rogue | [P] Kit | [M] Apprentice
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 4590

PostSubject: Re: Fish Out of Water [Open]   Fish Out of Water [Open] EmptySat 8 Jun 2024 - 16:18

The call didn't include her, but it felt like something she needed to be present for when both ShadowClan's leader and deputy were asked for. Her brow scrunched as she exited her den just behind Sunflare's uneasy gait, expecting to scent the pungent smell of blood the second she appeared... But that was not the case, thank StarClan.

Pineblossom stood before Leopardstar, gesturing towards the little tom beside her who held a vole in his teeth. By the excited squeals of Hedgepaw, it was easy to guess the toms name: Fish. Drawing nearer, it was clear the tom was a rogue, but his temperament was rather sweet. It made her smile.

"Hello Fish. My name is Heather Berry, medicine cat of ShadowClan. I am trained in herbs and healing... Though it doesn't seem like you have any more than a few scrapes. Do you feel alright, dear?" Her single eye showed compassion, a smile twinkling in its green depths as she peered down at him.

won't you shake a poor sinners hand?:

Fish Out of Water [Open] JPzjwJV Fish Out of Water [Open] JPzNeMg Fish Out of Water [Open] JGg2mwx Fish Out of Water [Open] JPzwPEb Fish Out of Water [Open] JPzwXQn

Fish Out of Water [Open] JcTsSP1  Fish Out of Water [Open] JcnAVnI Fish Out of Water [Open] JaZZNs4
click photos for profiles | sprites by Aspen!
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Willowpaw (Shadowclan), Gorsepaw [Bonus Slot](Windclan) | Ro is the best bud to ever exist in the world of best buds
Number of posts : 1350

PostSubject: Re: Fish Out of Water [Open]   Fish Out of Water [Open] EmptySat 8 Jun 2024 - 21:08

A yellow eye left the face of the warrior the tom had been talking to as his name was called. Instead of falling on Pineblossom, his gaze rested on the child at her side. "I should go deal with that." Sablestrike turned fully to leave, though the molly clearly didn't want to leave their conversation unfinished. Sablestrike nodded twice, trying a few more times to disengage the warrior politely. He was nearing the end of his patience just as Leopardstar called for him. "We can finish this later, just come find me." The deputy turned to leave, refusing to listen to his clanmate's attempts at pulling him back in.

Sablestrike appeared at his leader's side and started to sniff at the young cat attached to Pineblossom. He didn't have any strong clan scents, no sign of disease... Well, he wasn't a medicine cat, but it seemed Heatherberry didn't pick anything up either. "Before you ask your question, please tell us why you brought this rogue to our camp. We're supposed to be scaring them off of our territory, not inviting them over for a meal." Pineblossom was one of the best warriors their clan had to offer. If she brought this cat to them then it had to be for a good reason, but knowing her she was about to ask for... Well, best not to get ahead of himself.

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

Fish Out of Water [Open] Output12                   Fish Out of Water [Open] Output10                          Fish Out of Water [Open] Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [V]iperpaw, [P]etalkit, [C]lovermottle, Brackendawn* Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T5 warrior [L] T3 rogue [N] Shadowclan T3 warrior [V] WindClan Apprentice [P] ThunderClan kit [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 2364

PostSubject: Re: Fish Out of Water [Open]   Fish Out of Water [Open] EmptyWed 12 Jun 2024 - 8:17

Nettleweaver sat leg extended, grooming furiously. He’d managed to get a burr stuck to his inner thigh from sneaking around in patches of those stupid sticky prickly bushes, and he just couldn’t get this one burr free. If it had been anywhere else he would have coped, but it was lodged in the most inconvenient place. When he walked it only dug further in, and he could feel his skin becoming raw from the scratching it caused. An easy solution would have been to ask someone else, but since his friends had disappeared he was resolute to do things all on his own. He could have asked Hedgepaw, but she was still an apprentice, and the white tom was determined to look like he deserved the warrior title he had been granted. Finally, his teeth managed to snag around the burr, and with a tug he pulled it free, just in time to catch the appearance of a new face in camp. In a hurry Nettleweaver spat out the burr, his full attention on the newcomer. There was something very familiar about the young cat, it reminded him of a cat he’d ran into while exploring. Her name was Louse and she was strange, but interesting. The cat in front of him looked just like her, his whiskers twitched in interest, was this her? Making a sudden and surprise visit to his home? Thankfully, Nettleweaver hadn’t gotten time to propose the question, before Fish had introduced himself. He was a lot more well spoken than Louse, well mannered too it would seem. The ShadowClan warrior didn’t buy it, not in a mean way, just that all the rogues he’d met didn’t have the best manners. They were all a bit rough around the edges, which he found fun. Rogues were his favourite friends to make. He hoped Leopardstar would let Fish stay, it’d be so fun having someone to pester all the time about life outside the clans. If he didn’t stay though, Nettleweaver was sure he could chase him down eventually and ask whatever he wanted to then. His main enquiry would be about Louse, those two had to know each other. But for now, he would stay his hand. Knowing about Louse was an advantage, he wasn’t sure how, he just knew that it was. Plus, he was sure he’d get in trouble if he mentioned any of his rogue friends to Leopardstar or Sablestrike, they wouldn’t see his negotiations with the outsiders as something to nurture, his spark would be stamped out once again, so he resolved himself to silence.

silverdusk | thunderclan | tier five warrior | 70/200 | #99cc99
louse | rogue | tier three rogue | 55/140 | #669966
nettleweaver | shadowclan | npc tier three warrior | 50/130 | #996666
viperpaw| windclan | apprentice | 20/40 | #b3b300
petalkit | thunderclan | kit | 15/30 | #e6b0aa
clovermottle | RiverClan | npc perma queen | 50/80 | #ff9966

Fish Out of Water [Open] Giphy

pinterest boards | plotting pages | character profiles | heartchart
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 3115

PostSubject: Re: Fish Out of Water [Open]   Fish Out of Water [Open] EmptyWed 19 Jun 2024 - 10:16

PINEBLOSSOM
If I could tell you how I feel...

Pineblossom blinked respectfully at her leader and deputy as they approached. Her gaze shifted sideways as Fish introduced himself and then Hedgepaw excitedly spoke after him. She tilted her head sternly towards her daughter, silently asking her to keep quiet. She didn’t want her daughter getting ahead of herself when Fish had not been officially welcomed in yet.

She looked to Leopardstar and Sablestrike, expecting their questions, and so she began. “This is Fish, as he introduced himself. He is a rogue that I came across on our territory a few moons back with Hedgepaw. He was young—younger than Hedgepaw, and so I guided him off of our territory peacefully. He explained to me that he was in the care of his father and other siblings. I explained to him to keep off of our property and he obliged. He is a rogue, but he understands our customs and is respectful towards them. However, when I came across him today, he informed me that his father had died in a spat with a dog. He is hungry, his siblings are missing or have gone off on their own, and he has nowhere to turn to.

“He is barely older than apprentice age, young enough that I feel he could fall under the warrior code’s stipulation of caring for lost kits. More than that, he is familiar with the territories around the forest and his experience in our neighboring territories could be valuable information. ShadowClan is not the largest in the forest and having another number in our clan can be beneficial.” Pineblossom tilted her head towards Hedgepaw. “He has already made some connections to our clan as well. I think he has the making of a good and loyal cat despite his rogue background, just as other cats in the clan have been, such as Quillsplash.”

Pineblossom lifted her head and looked toward Leopardstar and Sablestrike. “I do not want to leave him on his own to starve or be eaten by predators. I ask for his admittance into ShadowClan as a new apprentice. I also volunteer myself to care for him and I will take responsibility for his behavior, positive or negative. I’ll ensure that he is raised properly in the ways of ShadowClan and to be a loyal warrior.”

Now it was just their decision. Pineblossom felt that she had stated her case well enough—but ultimately if her leader did not want him, then she would not push the issue. She just really hoped that Leopardstar did.
...would you know what the words meant?
ShadowClan • T5 Warrior • She/Her • #6699ff

#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/200EP
#6abcde
RashoumonT1 Rogue
35HP/80EP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/200EP
PoppystarT5 RiverClan Leader
70HP/200EP
BlazekitWindClan Kit
10HP/20EP
#ff6600
(not pictured)
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Fish Out of Water [Open]   Fish Out of Water [Open] EmptySat 22 Jun 2024 - 8:01

Sablestrike seemed to have been caught up with another warrior--of course, more than one problem existed at a time. To her deputy, she shot a sideways glance. "We follow the Code because we have a sense of honor, Sablestrike. Do you see anything honorable in assaulting a cat who might as well still be a kit? You know my rules, even when you don't always agree with them; but I do should think that part of the code in particular ought to be respected by every warrior. It's best that we save our anger for true enemies."

She turned her attention then to the warrior who had brought Fish to ShadowClan in the first place. Pineblossom's explanation was thorough, and the mention that she felt the rogue was still young enough he might as well be a kit echoed her own thoughts. She dipped her head.

"Blood doesn't make a cat ShadowClan--just look at Heatherberry. No cat would doubt she's as ShadowClan as any one of us; as loyal and as fierce. This one is young, young enough that I see no reason to turn him away, and you've made it clear he's otherwise alone. And yet, he's still old enough to make a choice. Does he truly understand what it is you're asking of him, Pineblossom? Though I've never lived as a rogue, I have to imagine it's quite different from our own way of life. There are rules and laws we follow, responsibilities we have to one another as well as ourselves."

She turned her attention back to Fish, now.

"Of course, you'll have time to adjust. But you will be expected to adjust, if you stay. Every cat contributes to the Clan in some way."

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ishpaw [Fa]lconpaw [Fo]xpaw
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [P] (T3) RiverClan Hybrid MCA [F] ShadowClan Apprentice [Fa] WindClan Apprentice [Fo] SkyClan Apprentice
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2800

PostSubject: Re: Fish Out of Water [Open]   Fish Out of Water [Open] EmptySat 22 Jun 2024 - 9:52

FISH
Now I face out, I hold out...

It wasn’t long before cats began to descend upon him from all sides. He was the most interesting object in their camp at the moment, obviously. One that smelled distinctly like the plants Alethea kept, or more similarly, like the cinnamon-striped tom who’d been the first to greet him. Fish ducked slightly away from her nosing but he let the assessment carry out. She sounded kind, and he appreciated the gesture, but he did not really care what she said. His attention was elsewhere: Hedgepaw. She’d appeared from behind him, materializing suddenly at his side. And boy, did she sound glad to see him. Her words came tumbling out faster than Fish ever heard her talk, racing with her enthusiasm. She’d been… thinking of him? His ears felt warm at the thought. He felt warm all over when she pawed at him. A smile wobbled its way onto his muzzle.

”Well, yeah. I’m always okay,” Fish said, puffing out his chest a little bit. Wolfpaw’s burning eyes or the other mystified sneers in the crowd suddenly didn’t matter anymore. Flanked by Pineblossom and bubbling Hedgepaw, he felt fine. Warm and safe in… a way he’d never felt at home. His paws wouldn’t stop tingling.

Before long a tall, dappled cat approached them. Fish had to crane his neck slightly to meet her eyes. She was far more interested in him than the scarred black tom--Sablestrike, he figured--that approached next. This Sablestrike was the first to reflect his expectations of rejection. Fish wanted to wilt, but he did not let himself. Beside him, Pineblossom calmly answered the questions posed of her, not missing a detail. Fish nodded along to supplement her story and turned to smile at Hedgepaw when Pineblossom gestured toward her.

To his surprise, the dappled cat stood up for him against Sablestrike’s sneering. Fish’s neck ruffled a little bit with shock--and pride. He stretched slightly onto his toes. It irritated him, the way she asked Pineblossom rather than addressing him directly, but… but she was willing to accept him. Her eyes did swing back around to him. What was her name--was she the Leopardstar that was mentioned? Fish pushed himself to stand a little bit taller.

”I know you guys have funny laws and all that,” Fish said. There was a bit of a sniff in his voice, like he’d been offended by the fact the would think otherwise, but he kept talking before anyone in his audience could choose to take offense in return. ”I understand what she’s asking of me. I’m young, but I’m not a complete kit. I know what this means.” He swallowed. Leaving everything behind--the remainder of his family behind… for a sheltered life where he’d always be fed and looked after. Yes, Fish understood. ”This is what I want. I can adjust. I’m smart--very smart. I’ll learn.” He let the words sit before turning to Hedgepaw and lowering his voice--or, more accurately, attempting to lower his voice--into a poorly effected whisper. [color:c378=#2F8A7B ]”You here that? She actually wants me to join, Hedge. We might get to train together afterall.”
...I reach out to the truth of my life.
Rogue • T2 Rogue • he/him • #2F8A7B

FishpawShadowClan
Apprentice
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T5 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
(T3) Hybrid MCA
#20AED4
FalconpawWindClan
Apprentice
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxpawSkyClan
Apprentice
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Willowpaw (Shadowclan), Gorsepaw [Bonus Slot](Windclan) | Ro is the best bud to ever exist in the world of best buds
Number of posts : 1350

PostSubject: Re: Fish Out of Water [Open]   Fish Out of Water [Open] EmptySat 22 Jun 2024 - 18:14

"Might as well is not the same as being, Leopardstar. You see a kit in front of you, but what I see is a rogue that could be as old as my son. He should know how to hunt at the very least, he's not completely helpless, and yet it seems you've already figured out what you want to do with this one." Anger? Assault? If a mere question was enough to get labelled with those words he didn't want to be around for when he stopped being so gentle with his words. Sablestrike could feel his blood beginning to heat. For all they knew this rogue could just be telling them a sob story, and if he was they were all falling for it just as they had with the nomad group.

An invitation was already being given. I guess my opinion doesn't matter, then. Whatever. If Leopardstar wanted to invite another rogue to join them he didn't mind. What he minded was her. The deputy looked to Bineblossom. "I trust you, Pineblossom. If you believe that he can adjust to clan life, and if you take responsibility for any actions he takes that harms our clan, then I'm fine with this. This does not mean I won't keep my eye on him, of course." The golden orb slid to Fish. This was his warning. "Leopardstar has the final decision, naturally, but I think we all know what she's going to say." He could feel a curse trying to slip its way out of his mouth as he turned to Leopardstar. Sablestrike could feel himself beginning to boil. He turned from the group and padded off to the warrior still waiting for his return.

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

Fish Out of Water [Open] Output12                   Fish Out of Water [Open] Output10                          Fish Out of Water [Open] Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Fish Out of Water [Open]   Fish Out of Water [Open] EmptyWed 26 Jun 2024 - 20:17

As the rogue spoke up to defend himself, Leopardstar allowed herself a little laugh. "You've got a strong drive. That will serve you well in ShadowClan."

Yes, this one would be a fine warrior, given time and training. Although...

"There is one last matter, before everything is final. You have heard our names, and they are not your own--you are welcome to keep the one you now wear, or to adopt our tradition. The choice is yours."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fish Out of Water [Open]   Fish Out of Water [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Fish Out of Water [Open]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next