Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Leaf-fall is finally here, and with it, the promise of colder, crueler, days ahead.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

I'm Not Sure We're Friends, But I Think We Should Be[C]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : //Living//:[J]uniperhunt, [Q]uillsplash | Bird, [Sc]orchivy, [L]eopardwind, [C]reamlily, [M]ilkkit, [Sp]arrowkit //Dead:// Tawnyshadow, Sootstorm, Cinderpaw, Ajex | Palekit, Shatteredsky, Reedshine, Deerleap, Slightfrost, Specklepaw, Sunfire, Copperlark
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan T1 Warrior [Q]ShadowClan T5 Warrior [Sc]WindClan NPC PermaQueen [L]WindClan T3 Warrior [C]WindClan T3 Warrior [M]RiverClan Kit [Sp]Unborn SkyClan Kit
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3638

I'm Not Sure We're Friends, But I Think We Should Be[C] Empty
PostSubject: I'm Not Sure We're Friends, But I Think We Should Be[C]   I'm Not Sure We're Friends, But I Think We Should Be[C] EmptyTue 28 May 2024 - 23:38

Gold is in our blood

It had been a while since Leopardpaw last spoke to Laurelpaw, and he wasn't about to stand by and let this bond dwindle away into nothingness. Naturally, that meant asking Laurelpaw to practice with him. What else would they be doing? They were apprentices, so they couldn't play games any more. The black tom looked around the camp for the calico, spotting her padding out of the elder's den, probably having just finished bringing prey to them. He padded up to her, falling into a trot a respectable distance from her. "Laurelpaw. Would you like to spar with me? I want to try out a new move," He asked politely, hopping she'd say yes, but at the same time knowing that if her mentor had arranged something for her, neither of them could so anything about it.

Quillsplash | Bird / Tom / ShadowClan T5 Warrior / #802318
Juniperhunt / She-Cat / ShadowClan T1 Warrior / #b9abb2
Scorchivy / She-Cat / WindClan NPC PermaQueen / #009966
Leopardwind / Tom / WindClan T3 Warrior / #cc9900
Creamlily / She-Cat / WindClan T3 Warrior / #ff6600
Sparrowkit / She-Cat / Unborn SkyClan Kit / #993366
Milkkit / Tom / RiverClan Kit / #dbc6ad

Art Commissions | Character Profiles | Art Giveaway
Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Laurelriver (La) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 2513

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Sure We're Friends, But I Think We Should Be[C]   I'm Not Sure We're Friends, But I Think We Should Be[C] EmptyMon 3 Jun 2024 - 23:58

Laurelpaw smiled at seeing Leopardpaw again. "Yeah, for sure!" she said, smiling at her kithood friend. "I'm free for a spar - or a wrestling match, if you really want." She knew Leopardpaw was more of a no-nonsense kind of cat, but from her lessons Laurelpaw had begun to realize how chaotic sparring often ended up being, and maybe Leopardpaw would be open to... sparring in a more awkward environment.

"What move do you want to show me, by the way?" she asked, turning to the young tom. Maybe Leopardpaw would rather show her than tell her, but the calico she-cat thought starting up some conversation before they sparred was a good idea.

Hollypaw, SkyClan MCA: 20/50

pfp of rook drawn by the amazing xaandiir!

I'm Not Sure We're Friends, But I Think We Should Be[C] Image10
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : //Living//:[J]uniperhunt, [Q]uillsplash | Bird, [Sc]orchivy, [L]eopardwind, [C]reamlily, [M]ilkkit, [Sp]arrowkit //Dead:// Tawnyshadow, Sootstorm, Cinderpaw, Ajex | Palekit, Shatteredsky, Reedshine, Deerleap, Slightfrost, Specklepaw, Sunfire, Copperlark
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan T1 Warrior [Q]ShadowClan T5 Warrior [Sc]WindClan NPC PermaQueen [L]WindClan T3 Warrior [C]WindClan T3 Warrior [M]RiverClan Kit [Sp]Unborn SkyClan Kit
Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Sure We're Friends, But I Think We Should Be[C]   I'm Not Sure We're Friends, But I Think We Should Be[C] EmptyMon 10 Jun 2024 - 2:51

Gold is in our blood

Luck was on their side, as it turned out that Laurelpaw was free for a spar-- and agreed quite eagerly too. With that out of the way, he could now lead her out of Camp and to his favourite training area in WindClan territory; an unremarkable flat area in the moor, adorned with a single tree and some smaller pebbles. A perfect place, he found, to train his battle and hunting skills. He could move about as much as he wanted without fear of tripping over a pebble or accidentally finding a rabbit hole underpaw.

"I wanted to try out the bellyrake. It's quite a difficult move, and though I am sometimes successful at it, I can never be consistent with it. I hope that through practice I can be able to get it right nine out of ten times. Maybe you'd like to try it out too? It's quite a powerful move, if done properly."

Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Characters : Alive: Rookfire(Rk), Kitespring(K), Laurelriver (La) StarClan: Buzzardclaw(B), Pebblestorm(P), Rushpaw(R), Waspkit(W), Snakepaw(S), Cardinalpaw(C), Briarpaw(Br), Rowanpaw(Ro), Wrenbreeze(Wr), Heronflight(H), Acornfall(A), Larkfeather(L), Badgerpaw(Ba), Shrikesong(Sh), Foxspark(F), Heronpaw (He), Poppycloud (Po) Unknown: Alderbloom (Al)
Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Sure We're Friends, But I Think We Should Be[C]   I'm Not Sure We're Friends, But I Think We Should Be[C] EmptyFri 21 Jun 2024 - 10:56

Laurelpaw grinned. ”Yeah, I’d love to try it out a few times!” she mewed, smiling at Leopardpaw. She had been struggling on that move for a while — which irritated her — but if the almost-prodigious Leopardpaw had trouble getting this move down, then it was alright if she struggled to get it, too.

”I’ll go first,” she said, trying to slide under Leopardpaw and get her sheathed paws on his belly. Unfortunately, her technique failed her, and the calico she-cat couldn’t get under him fully. ”Oww…” she said, getting back up. ”It’s harder than I remember.”

Laurelpaw attempted and failed to use Belly Rake, dealing 5 damage to herself and costing 10 EP.

Laurelpaw:
HP:15/20
EP: 30/40

Leopardpaw:
HP: 20/20
EP: 40/40

Last edited by Mamenchisaurus on Fri 21 Jun 2024 - 11:01; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15468

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Sure We're Friends, But I Think We Should Be[C]   I'm Not Sure We're Friends, But I Think We Should Be[C] EmptyFri 21 Jun 2024 - 10:56

The member 'Mamenchisaurus' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 3

I'm Not Sure We're Friends, But I Think We Should Be[C] Mistpe10
I'm Not Sure We're Friends, But I Think We Should Be[C] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Sure We're Friends, But I Think We Should Be[C]   I'm Not Sure We're Friends, But I Think We Should Be[C] EmptyTue 25 Jun 2024 - 3:44

Gold is in our blood

He was glad to see Laurelpaw's enthusiasm. Most of their denmates that he asked for a spar seemed to often have expressions of irritation or reluctance on their faces, as if the idea of just a little more training was that draining. He'd make sure to ask Laurelpaw for her assistance more in the future, since she seemed to enjoy it. Maybe, her lack of mighty blood was not that big of a deal. Of course, she'd never reach his level, but maybe she could still be a good warrior, better than some other cats.

Laurelpaw tried the move first, but failed miserably. Leopardpaw winced; he had certainly made that mistake before, and it sure wasn't painless. Well, it was his turn to try now. He hoped for his sake that he'd get it right this time, but if he failed he wouldn't feel too bad, not when Laurelpaw also failed. Perhaps they could laugh it off together.

Sure enough, his long legs folded, and he crashed into his side after a poor attempt at aiming for Laurelpaw's belly. The black apprentice hissed in annoyance, but crawled back to his paws anyway. "Well, practice makes perfect, right? Let's try again." Maybe second time would be the charm, or third...

Leopardpaw used Belly Rake, dealing 5dmg to himself at the cost of 10EP

Laurelpaw:
HP:15/20

Leopardpaw:
HP: 15/20 (-5)
EP: 30/40 (-10)

Last edited by Copperbeanz on Tue 25 Jun 2024 - 3:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Sure We're Friends, But I Think We Should Be[C]   I'm Not Sure We're Friends, But I Think We Should Be[C] EmptyTue 25 Jun 2024 - 3:44

The member 'Copperbeanz' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 5

Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Sure We're Friends, But I Think We Should Be[C]   I'm Not Sure We're Friends, But I Think We Should Be[C] EmptySat 29 Jun 2024 - 11:32

There was a part of Laurelpaw that felt everything came easy to Leopardpaw, but it was silenced after seeing Leopardpaw mess up the belly rake himself. "We're both learning," she agreed, planning how she could attack the black tom. Last time, she didn't turn enough, so she probably had to roll faster this time.

"Well, here goes nothing!"

Unfortunately, the calico she-cat over-rolled, to the point that she almost landed on her paws. There was no way she could even try attacking Leopardpaw from her position there. "That was... not right." Getting back up, the calico she-cat smiled at Leopardpaw. "Maybe I can learn from watching you."

Laurelpaw attempted and failed to use Belly Rake, dealing 5 damage to herself and costing 10 EP.

Laurelpaw:
HP: 10/20
EP: 20/40

Leopardpaw:
HP: 15/20

Last edited by Mamenchisaurus on Sat 29 Jun 2024 - 11:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Sure We're Friends, But I Think We Should Be[C]   I'm Not Sure We're Friends, But I Think We Should Be[C] EmptySat 29 Jun 2024 - 11:32

The member 'Mamenchisaurus' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 3

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Sure We're Friends, But I Think We Should Be[C]   I'm Not Sure We're Friends, But I Think We Should Be[C] EmptySat 29 Jun 2024 - 20:22

Gold is in our blood

Leopardpaw couldn't help his small laugh as Laurelpaw overolled, tumbling away from him in a blur of legs. Training normally wasn't this fun... he felt a small bit of guilt at how unseriously he was taking the session. Something about Laurelpaw's presence just made everything seem like a light-hearted game, and one that he didn't mind participating in. But he was still training, wasn't he? So there was no reason to feel bad.

Right, it was his turn again. Leopardpaw's eyes narrowed playfully, sizing up his "opponent". Maybe if he started the roll before he reached her... and timed it perfectly... the black tom launched himself forward, hitting the ground first before rolling straight under the calico and kicking out from underneath. He emerged on the other side rather clumsily, but managed to get to his paws swiftly. With a proud grin, looked down at his friend. "I did it!" Yikes, he was a little too excited. "It isn't perfect, of course, but now I know how it works... thanks for accompanying me, Laurelpaw."

Leopardpaw used Belly Rake, dealing 10dmg to Laurelpaw at the cost of 10EP

Laurelpaw:
KO pending...
HP: 0/20 (-10)
EP: 20/40

Leopardpaw:
HP: 15/20
EP: 20/40 (-10)

Last edited by Copperbeanz on Sat 29 Jun 2024 - 20:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Sure We're Friends, But I Think We Should Be[C]   I'm Not Sure We're Friends, But I Think We Should Be[C] EmptySat 29 Jun 2024 - 20:22

The member 'Copperbeanz' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 4

Back to top Go down
Mamenchisaurus

Mamenchisaurus

Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Sure We're Friends, But I Think We Should Be[C]   I'm Not Sure We're Friends, But I Think We Should Be[C] EmptySat 29 Jun 2024 - 23:43

Laurelpaw watched Leopardpaw turn his shoulder before reaching her, then roll to the belly rake position - that's how you're supposed to get there, she thought, a split second before he punched her in her stomach with his paws. "Oof!" the calico she-cat said, falling back onto her haunches before grinning at him.

"You did it!" she said, at the same time as Leopardpaw. For a split second, it seemed like he was on the verge of bouncing into the air after getting the technique, and his excitement was contagious. "That was amazing! It was so smooth, and just- I can't even think about what to say." Leopardpaw still had his own nitpicks on his technique - his belly rake sure looked perfect, at least from Laurelpaw's perspective - but it was obvious that he still enjoyed it. "Yeah, it was so much fun sparring with you! We should do this again for sure! Think we could spar tomorrow?"

Laurelpaw is KO'd.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Sure We're Friends, But I Think We Should Be[C]   I'm Not Sure We're Friends, But I Think We Should Be[C] Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm Not Sure We're Friends, But I Think We Should Be[C]
Page 1 of 1