Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmstorm, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderpaw, [T]Thistlepaw
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T4 Warrior, [E]RiverClan T1 Warrior, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Apprentice, [T]WindClan Apprentice
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2414

Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike] Empty
PostSubject: Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike]   Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike] EmptyMon 20 May 2024 - 0:22

LILYVALLEY
If we did what was easy
Lilyvalley had been glad to oblige when Sablestrike asked her to meet with him. He had put a great trust in her when she gave her Willowpaw to mentor. And truthfully, it had been a while since they had talked simply as friends. She still remembered the young tom that dragged her out of the medicine den when she had first injured her tom.

To think that tom had grown to be a father. And not only that, the deputy of the Clan. It truly was hard to believe sometimes. So much had changed since she had been gone.

Maybe she had changed a lot, too.

"Hi Sablestrike. How have you been?" The greeting felt so formal, but Lilyvalley didn't know how else to start the conversation. As much as it hurt, she realized that Sablestrike now felt more like a stranger to her.

Hopefully this meeting could change that.
Then there wouldn't be anything to live for.
ShadowClan • T3 Warrior • She/Her • #6e174c
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike] Sfr52Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike] Sfr5bParent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike] Sfr5LParent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike] Sfr5KParent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike] Sfr59
Click Icons for Profiles
Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike] SfPQh
Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike] SYgf1
Art by Copper
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Willowpaw (Shadowclan), Gorsepaw [Bonus Slot](Windclan) | Ro is the best bud to ever exist in the world of best buds
Number of posts : 1350

PostSubject: Re: Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike]   Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike] EmptyFri 24 May 2024 - 21:42

Since her return, Sablestrike hadn't allowed himself time to speak with Lilyvalley. Any time he had been free to speak with her he had found something that he convinced himself needed his immediate attention. He had thought the molly still harbored resentment for what had happened before she went missing all those moons back, but to his surprise it seemed Lilyvalley didn't have any problems talking with him. Perhaps his fears had been unfounded, or perhaps not. Still. Hated or not, she was his clanmate and an old friend. He didn't want to avoid her any longer.

"I've been... Well, good for the most part. These moons preceeding your return have been hard on us, but Shadowclan is thriving again. It's been so amazing watching our clan slip from death's clutches and return to its former life. That, and I'm still so happy that I've been able to create a family of my own." Happy yes, but he was also afraid. He now had to worry about the troubles his kits would get into, the potential dangers they would be exposed to. If it were up to him he wouldn't have ever given them their apprentice names, but Leopardstar had pushed him to do it. If he was forced to name them, then the least he could do was entrust them to warriors he knew would keep them safe, and while Lilyvalley had been a gamble on his part, it seemed to be working out.

"I'm sure Heatherberry is happy to see them thriving, I'm just..." Did... did he just say Heatherberry? The tom panicked a bit, quickly adding to his thoughts. "happy to see them not getting into trouble, as I'm sure their mother Swiftheart is too! I don't know what either of us would do if they got hurt. What about you? How have you been? I can't imagine living on your own for so long was easy." The tom switched the subject, hoping it was enough to keep Lilyvalley from asking questions.

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike] Output12                   Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike] Output10                          Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike] Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmstorm, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderpaw, [T]Thistlepaw
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T4 Warrior, [E]RiverClan T1 Warrior, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Apprentice, [T]WindClan Apprentice
Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike]   Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike] EmptyMon 27 May 2024 - 2:37

LILYVALLEY
If we did what was easy
Lilyvalley nodded along as Sablestrike spoke. "Having a family is a true wonder. I have to admit, I hadn't expected you and my sister to end up together, but I'm so glad you did. Swiftheart could use a cat like you in her life. Even when I was still here, she had lost so much, not to mention the loss while I was away. I'm glad to see her happy."

Lilyvalley stalled a moment as Sablestrike spoke again. Why did he bring up Heatherberry? She opened her mouth, ready to say something, but Sablestrike kept speaking, quickly changing the subject. Lilyvalley blinked, confused at the reaction. It took her a moment to find her voice again.

"I, uh, I'm doing alright, I guess. Um, yeah being on my own sucked. And turns out I am terrible at taking care of myself on my own. Not when I had to fight for every tiny scrap of food. But being here, I'm healthy again, so that is good. I'm still worried about Beetlekit, though. I never would have expected him to leave like he did. I hope he's okay."

She knew things were not always good here, not for Beetlekit. With the drama she had caused, he was also getting a lot of judgement. And with her own training, she was barely even there for him. It hurt, to think that she had failed her son. She could only hope he would be okay.
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike] Sfr52Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike] Sfr5bParent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike] Sfr5LParent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike] Sfr5KParent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike] Sfr59
Click Icons for Profiles
Art by Copper
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Willowpaw (Shadowclan), Gorsepaw [Bonus Slot](Windclan) | Ro is the best bud to ever exist in the world of best buds

PostSubject: Re: Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike]   Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike] EmptyMon 27 May 2024 - 22:10

When she put it like that, Sablestrike couldn't help but feel a little uneasy about their relationship. His eyes dropped briefly to the scar on his chest, the scar that Swiftheart had given him, a near identical twin to the one he had given her. It wasn't fair that he was forcing this role onto her. Would the clan seeing her as the mother of his kits stop her from finding happiness? I really need to show her how much I appreciate her. But how could he do that, with another scar? The deputy laughed to himself. "I'm glad she's happy, too. Swiftheart is a good friend, she deserves to find happiness." Even if their relationship wasn't what others thought it was, could that still make her happy? It was impossible to tell with the molly, she always carried a sunny disposition and a bright smile anywhere she went.

"You really are terrible at taking care of yourself, aren't you." Sablestrike nodded. The state she had returned in made her look like an entirely different cat. She had been older, thinner than any cat he'd ever seen, even those from the moons of famine they had endured, filthy beyond belief. He had always thought she'd do better out on her own, but then again she did have an enormous disadvantage. The deputy gazed briefly at her twisted paw, catching himself in the act and apologizing quickly. "No matter where he is, I'm sure he's doing fine... But, Shadowclan has a way of calling its inhabitants home, too. I wouldn't be surprised if he found his way home in a couple of moons." No cat could remain away from Shadowclan for long, and if they did, well... It usually meant they were wading the stars with their ancestors.

"I'm happy you're here with us, though. I never thought I'd see a friend return after so many moons missing. Given Swiftheart's recent... pregnancy, I didn't feel safe entrusting one of our kits to her, but I trusted you well enough to keep watch over him. How are the two of you doing, by the way? It has been quite a while since you've had an apprentice to train, hasn't it."

MORE ART!!:

Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike] Output12                   Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike] Output10                          Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike] Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike]   Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike] EmptyTue 28 May 2024 - 13:44

LILYVALLEY
If we did what was easy
Lilyvalley grinned, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Oh come on, you don't have to be shy around me, Sablestrike. You and Swiftheart had kits together, I think it's safe to say you're more than "good friends", don't you think?" She chuckled a bit, flicking the deputy's ear with her tail. It was nice how easy it was to fall back into their old familiarity. To think the young tom was even family now!

At the deputy's next comment, Lilyvalley couldn't help but laugh. "Hey, I can take care of myself just fine! You try living in the twoleg forest with a lame leg. Rogues aren't exactly keen on sharing food." She really wanted to believe what Sablestrike said about her son coming home, but she couldn't help but feel like she had failed as a mother. "I brought Beetlekit here so he could have a safe home, but I really messed things up with all that drama." She let out a sigh. "Sometimes it really feels like I just attract disaster. I'm just.... so very tired, now."

The topic changed onto Willowpaw, and Lilyvalley was grateful for something new to talk about. "You know, when Willowpaw was a kit with those rogues around camp, I actually thought he was shy. I really should have known better. As if any kit with yours or Swiftheart's blood could have any less energy. He's got your drive, too. If he could charge in a little less blindly, he'd definitely be a force to reckon with. But that's a tall order, given who his dad is." She gave her friend a wink, laughing once again. Sometimes Sablestrike was too easy to tease.

Click Icons for Profiles
Art by Copper
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike]   Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike] EmptyTue 28 May 2024 - 19:11

"Y-yeah, I suppose we are." He really needed to stop saying things like that, if he got more careless he'd eventually just spit out the kit's true mother. Sablestrike wanted to agree with her, he wanted to tell her how disappointed he had been with her, but she didn't need to hear those kinds of things right now. Besides, there was no way she didn't already know.

"Ah, for a while there I didn't think he was mine! He always seemed so meek when I was with him, but as long as Juniperpaw was around he would end up acting just like me. It was odd really, he's only a miniature version of myself you know. It's interesting to see how he reacts to different obstacles. I get to see how his mind works, how he grows. I can't imagine life without any of them anymore." The deputy was positively beaming as he finished. Even just speaking about his kits made the tom feel proud, though he didn't spend as much time with them as he wished he did. "The two of us could be an unstoppable force, he just needs to mature a bit before that. What I'm really surprised about is how Juniperpaw acts. She's not like me or Swiftheart, but she's got her mother's boundless love... And her cuteness." The personality actually did make sense. She took more after Heatherberry than him, and all of his kits shared her rusty brown coloring somewhere in their pelts. It was so oddly mesmerizing to watch them grow up.

MORE ART!!:

Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike]   Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike] EmptySat 1 Jun 2024 - 21:46

LILYVALLEY
If we did what was easy
Lilyvalley smiled. "They're all amazing kits. You and Swiftheart did an amazing job. Willowpaw, Juniperpaw, and Hollowpaw are all growing up so well. Soon enough we're going to be sharing a den with them, can you believe that?"

She chuckled at the thought. Those three really were growing up so fast.

"By the way, how did you end up getting involved with my sister? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy you two are together! I guess I just didn't realize you two were that close. That's my own fault for being away so long, I guess. I want to catch up on what all I missed. At least the happier things, like you and Swiftheart becoming mates. I want all the details!"

Of course it wasn't all good things that happened. The lack of her littermates made that obvious enough. But she at least wanted to hear about some of the positives. Especially if it involved her big sister.

She also cared about Sablestrike, of course. After all, he was family now, even if she still couldn't fully process that fact.

Click Icons for Profiles
Art by Copper
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike]   Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike] EmptyTue 11 Jun 2024 - 19:24

Sablestrike's chest puffed out. They really were amazing kits, weren't they? Though calling them kits at this point was almost an insult to them. Hollowpaw, Juniperpaw, and Willowpaw were all doing excellent as apprentices. Perhaps someday soon he would see the first of his kits earning their warrior name. That thought spread a smile across the tom's face. Going by when they were apprenticed, Hollowpaw would be the first to join them. He'd need to make a spot for her in the warrior's den soon, but would she want it to be next to his? Would she want space to herself? Surely Juniperpaw wouldn't, and if she did Sablestrike might weep.

The deputy was struck from his daydreaming by that next part. It wasn't his first time being asked that question so he was able to keep himself composed for the most part. "Well, when the clans all left because of the spreading disease, Swiftheart ended up losing her kit's life to a rogue. I thought she needed to let out some of her frustrations, so I offered to be her sparring partner. I didn't realize just how much she had been holding back... She gave me this-" Sablestrike dipped his head to the scar the molly had left on his chest. "and I lost it and gave her one to match. I felt so bad about it, I must have apologized to her a million times. I brought her fresh prey, kept her company, and eventually it just... Happened." Sablestrike shifted. He felt so odd talking about Swiftheart as if she were his mate. He knew that Heatherberry knew about their story, but it still felt like he was being dishonest or unfaithful to her.

"So funny to me that something so er, beautiful, could start from something like a scar to the chest, don't you think? Regardless, I love my children more than I ever thought I could. I knew I loved Snowfoot, but my kits are a completely different kind of love. I'm sure you understand the feeling." Sometimes it was hard to put into words, even in his own thoughts, but the bond he felt with those three was deep enough to change his life. "I just wish Frecklekit could be here to see her siblings flourish."

MORE ART!!:

Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Karuna
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike]   Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike] EmptySat 15 Jun 2024 - 2:35

LILYVALLEY
If we did what was easy
Lilyvalley had actually forgotten that Sablestrike was Snowfoot's kit up until that comment. They didn't seem anything alike. Snowfoot had always been so.... dramatic, and never really seemed to care when others were suffering. Lilyvalley had always thought Snowfoot to be a rather selfish cat. And as many words she could use to describe Sablestrike existed, selfish was never one of them.

She could hold back her distaste for the tom's mother for his sake, though.

"It really is a magical feeling, getting to be a parent. It is scary and wonderful all at the same time. And one of those things you just wouldn't trade for the world."

She hadn't realized the Clans had had to flee due to illness. There was very little she had actually known from while she was gone, she hadn't wanted to know. "I'm glad you two were able to find each other in such a hard time. Maybe those scars were just a sign."

She shuffled closer as Sablestrike mentioned Frecklekit, resting her tail on his back. She had nothing she could say to him, no comfort she could give, as much as she wanted to. She wasn't going to lie to him and say that his kit was watching from "StarClan".

All she could do was offer silent support.
ShadowClan • T4 Warrior • She/Her • #6e174c

Click Icons for Profiles
Art by Copper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike]   Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike] Empty

Back to top Go down

Parent Teacher Conference [Sablestrike]
Page 1 of 1