Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 698

Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment] Empty
PostSubject: Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment]   Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment] EmptyTue Mar 05, 2024 10:34 pm

OOC: Welcome to your apprentice assessment! Please be sure to read the Apprentice Assessments rules in full before beginning. Since this is a battle assessment, please keep the following rules in mind:
- You must complete the battle either through your character fainting at 0 hp, fleeing at 0 hp, or winning the battle.
- As agreed upon, you have 48 hours to post your reply, or else you will time out and thus lose the battle.

Honeydew

Today was the day. Brackenpaw's battle assessment.
Since he had appeared back in camp with Ambersun, it was evident that her brother had grown a great deal - both physically and emotionally. Before he was to have his warrior ceremony, Honeydew wanted to assess his skills. The tom had chosen a battle assessment, of course, and Honeydew herself would be his proctor.

She was waiting for him at the training hollow at sunhigh, when the snows had mostly melted away. Her tail flicked absentmindedly as she imagined pitting herself against her brother - the brother who, just a couple of days ago, every cat in SkyClan had thought to be dead. The brother that Honeydew had grown up close with at the lake, who had faced the wolves during the attack on their camp, and allowed everyone else to escape. He had seen so much, and had come so far. Honeydew felt self-conscious about her scars. Though her wounds were healed now, she still worried if her strength had fully returned.

This is just a test to assess Brackenpaw's battle skills, she reminded herself. It's not a real battle, and Brackenpaw would never hurt me.

Her ears pricked in the direction of approaching pawsteps, and Honeydew got to her paws to face her brother as he emerged from the treeline. Upon seeing his healthy, very much living form and those familiar eyes, all Honeydew's apprehensions melted away.

"Welcome," she greeted him warmly. "Are you ready for your assessment? Your opponent will be... yours truly," she announced, pale blue eyes reaching for his reaction. "Now..." she lowered herself into a prepared crouch, lashing her tail from side to side, eyes trained on her brother. "Show me what you've learned out there, Brackenpaw!"

Honeydew - T2 Warrior
40/40 HP
100/100 SP

Brackenpaw - Apprentice
20/20 HP
60/60 SP

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [Br]ackendawn, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [C]lovermottle, Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T3 warrior [Br] SkyClan T2 warrior [L] tier 2 rogue [N] Shadowclan tier 1 warrior [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 2216

PostSubject: Re: Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment]   Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment] EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 2:38 am

Navigating the new territory was hard, he'd gotten lost several times trying to find the meeting spot Honeydew had arranged. He'd always imagined Wolfblossom would be conducting his assessment, he was sure she did too, they'd even talked about it back at the lakes, but now... She was so busy, and she was to be leader, and... He hung his head. He had to stop thinking about what he had missed out on, and how to move forward. His blue eyes drew up from the ground, and he finally spotted Honeydew. A smile cracked his muzzle as he approached her, headbutting her shoulder. He couldn't be upset, not when she was okay, not when Harepaw was okay and Shatteredsky too. "I'm ready to get my tail handed to me by SkyClan's deputy." he purred taking his place opposite her. Brackenpaw mimicked his sister's crouch, he didn't want to hurt her. The desire to protect her from the world was still so strong, even when it was more than a little obvious she didn't need her brother's protection anymore.

Sadness flickered across his eyes, he'd miss having her trail him around, miss constantly having her light by his side. It was selfish, he wanted her to be able to protect herself, to help her become strong, but she'd done all that without him. She'd done more than just that. Stars, she'd been to war, she been made deputy. How... How... How was this the same she-cat that had thrown up beside him their first night as apprentices? He felt useless, she had no use for him now. He didn't want to be useless, he wanted everything to be the same as back at the lakes. Why did everything have to change? Why did those he love have to change? Brackenpaw no longer knew his place, or where he stood, and the only cat who would probably be able to understand that was Ambersun. He huffed, and vanished the sadness from his body. He'd just have to do what he always did, train hard, build up the muscle he'd lost while away, and find someway to be useful to his siblings.

"Alright, Honeydew. Just be glad you're not a badger." he laughed springing forward, he covered the ground beneath them in fast long strides. He tried not to hesitate when he pounced on his sister, but it felt so wrong to fight her, even if it was only a mock fight. If it was Shatteredsky it would be a lot easier, they always fought. His paws connected with Honeydew's chest and he pushed her backwards, pinning the deputy to the soft soil below.

Brackenpaw used Leap and Hold on Honeydew. Dealing -6 HP and costing -15 SP.
Honeydew is pinned for 2 turns !

Brackenpaw

20/20 HP
45/60 SP (-15 SP)

Honeydew - pinned 1/2

34/40 HP (-6 HP)
100/100 SP

Last edited by Midnee on Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15016

PostSubject: Re: Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment]   Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment] EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 2:38 am

The member 'Midnee' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 5

Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment] Mistpe10
Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment]   Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment] EmptyThu Mar 07, 2024 1:53 pm

Honeydew

Honeydew's eyes sparkled playfully at her brother's words. It's just like the old times! she mused, whiskers twitching, though she didn't let it distract her from her goal. As Brackenpaw surged forward, leaping forward, Honeydew met him with arms extended, claws sheathed, and went down with a crash! Pure muscle held her pinned to the ground. The echoes of screeching cats played in her mind, images of teeth and claws and blood and... it was Brackenpaw's face.

He's fast, and he's so strong!

Honeydew struggled beneath her brother, attempting to get a foothold to wiggle her body away, but he had her pinned good. Good. Just what I would expect from Brackenpaw. The little she-cat let out a shriek and rolled her body beneath his paws, in an attempt to shake him off!

Honeydew used Duck and Twist, rolling a 4 and dealing 7 damage, and -5 SP.
Honeydew broke free from her pin!

Brackenpaw
13/20 HP (-7 HP)
45/60 SP

Honeydew
34/40 HP
95/100 SP (-5 SP)

Honeydew's tactic was a success, but just barely. As Brackenpaw's weight lifted off her, she jumped away, her breath coming in exhausted pants as she regarded her brother. He looked like he had barely lifted a paw against her yet.

"At least if I were a badger," she panted, "It would have been a lot easier to throw you off!" She lifted her lips in a mock-snarl, fluffing out her pelt to appear bigger. "Again!" she commanded him, taking a defensive posture.

Love Letter to WCC

Last edited by uwubers on Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment]   Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment] EmptyThu Mar 07, 2024 1:53 pm

The member 'uwubers' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 4

Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [Br]ackendawn, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [C]lovermottle, Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T3 warrior [Br] SkyClan T2 warrior [L] tier 2 rogue [N] Shadowclan tier 1 warrior [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment]   Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment] EmptyThu Mar 07, 2024 7:10 pm

There was panic in Honeydew's eyes as he held her down, and he wanted to curl up and die. Brackenpaw didn't want to fight her or hurt her, this her idea, and a part of his training, but it felt so wrong. At the sight of her distress he loosened his grip slightly, and unsurprisingly she used that to her leverage, throwing him off altogether. The tom let out a huff of air, and stood opposite her, smiling as his sister did, but feeling the complete opposite. "That's true!" he laughed.

Again, he met Honeydew, this time with a flurry of sheathed bows, bapping her on the head. He tried to be gentler, absolutely terrified of hurting his sister.

Brackenpaw used Front Paw Strike and Desperate blows on Honeydew! dealing -10 HP (-6 HP + -4 HP) and costing -14 SP (-7 SP + -7 SP)

Brackenpaw

13/20 HP
31/60 SP (-14 SP)

Honeydew

24/40 HP (-10 HP)
95/100 SP

silverdusk | thunderclan | tier three warrior | 50/120 | #99cc99
brackendawn | skyclan | tier two warrior | 20/80 | #cc9966
louse | rogue | tier two rogue | 50/120 | #669966
nettleweaver | shadowclan | npc tier one warrior | 30/80 | #996666
clovermottle | RiverClan | npc perma queen | 50/80 | #ff9966

Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment] Giphy

pinterest boards | plotting pages | character profiles | heartchart
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment]   Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment] EmptyThu Mar 07, 2024 7:24 pm

Honeydew

Honeydew noticed the hesitation in her brother's blows as he lashed out once again, and the glint of unease growing in his eyes. At once understanding flooded the young deputy. He doesn't want to fight me, she realized. He's afraid he will hurt me. The two had been extremely close growing up together at the lake, and like Shatteredsky, Brackenpaw had always been protective of her. It was no surprise that the tom would be hesitant to give her his all, but she needed him to do his best, so she could report his progress back to Wolfblossom. Swift on her feet, Honeydew leaped to the side.

Honeydew used Dodge and Fight, rolling a 2.
Honeydew dodges Front Paw Strike!

Brackenpaw
13/20 HP
31/60 SP

Honeydew
30/40 HP (+6 HP)
95/100 SP

Honeydew took a quick swipe at her brother, but he quickly dodged it.
"Brackenpaw," she meowed in warning, "I know what you're thinking - but you need not be afraid of hurting me. I'm strong now, too. I can take it! I need you to do better than that!" The last few words came out a yowl, and Honeydew flexed her claws into the earth. If Brackenpaw didn't start to take her seriously, she would soon have to give him a reason to.

Love Letter to WCC

Last edited by uwubers on Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment]   Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment] EmptyThu Mar 07, 2024 7:24 pm

The member 'uwubers' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 2

Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment]   Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment] EmptyThu Mar 07, 2024 11:57 pm

“Isn’t the badger pelt proof enough?” he whined. He understood why he needed to prove to Honeydew he was capable, but his muscles didn’t want to react. Not only was Honeydew his sister, but SkyClan’s deputy now too, if any harm befell her… Especially at his own paw. Brackenpaw couldn’t bear it. It wasn’t even the pact he’d made to protect her that stopped him, nor his fear of blood -there would be no use of claws from him- it was just everything. He felt completely compressed. “I can see you’re strong but…” He couldn’t find the words for his excuse, averting his gaze from the hard stare she’d fixed him with. “It’s just hard to adjust to. I’ll try not to hold back, but no promises.”

As Honeydew swiped at him, he rolled backwards, leaving his belly exposed. When she approached, he swatted her across the face, harder than before, but he was still pulling his punches. “I’m sorry, next time I’ll hit harder.” mewed Brackenpaw retreating backwards.

Brackenpaw used Play Dead on Honeydew! Dealing -8 HP and costing -5 SP

Brackenpaw

13/20 HP
26/60 SP (-5 SP)

Honeydew

16/20 HP (-8 HP)
88/100 SP

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment]   Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment] EmptySat Mar 09, 2024 1:43 pm

Honeydew

Honeydew felt sympathy tug at her heart, but her eyes narrowed on her brother. She swiped, but was caught by surprise as Brackenpaw fell limp beneath her. Confused, she stared down at him, and within a heartbeat she was taken off guard by a well-aimed smack to the fast! Honeydew flinched, and then her tail lashed.

"Nice one!" she meowed, playfulness returning to her eyes. "That's a neat trick. I wasn't expecting that!" She sneezed and giggled. She bounded forward, feinting to one side before batting at Brackenpaw's shoulder with a heavy paw.

Honeydew used Front Paw Strike, dealing 8 damage and -7 SP.

Brackenpaw
5/20 HP (-8 HP)
26/60 SP

Honeydew
16/20 HP
81/100 SP (-7 SP)

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment]   Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment] EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 10:53 am

Brackenpaw wanted to grin at Honeydew's praise, but he hadn't missed her flinch. His gaze softened, this fight wasn't fun - it was awful. She was laughing though, and now she was batting him upside the head, which he hadn't seen coming, nor expected, with his overthinking. Honeydew was the deputy now, surely she could handle an apprentice. The tom pushed down on his guilt and swatted at his sister's leg, never intending for the blow to connect, just to distract her. With Honeydew confused, he grabbed her feathery tail between his teeth and tugged hard, but light enough so that he didn't hurt her.

Brackenpaw used Tail Yank on Honeydew ! Dealing -7 HP and costing -15 SP
Honeydew is stunned for one turn !

Brackenpaw

5/20 HP
11/60 SP (-15 SP)

Honeydew - stunned

9/40 HP (-7 HP)
81/100 SP

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment]   Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment] EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 11:01 am

Honeydew

Honeydew saw the confused glint in her brother's eyes at her onslaught, and she couldn't suppress another giggle. He swatted at her leg, which she easily dodged - no, the deputy's eyes narrowed as he ducked out of the way, he didn't intend for that to work. But the she-cat couldn't think fast enough before her tail was being yanked and her legs buckled beneath her. Honeydew sucked in a breath, preparing for another blow, but one didn't come quite yet. She rolled to the side, forcing her legs to work again, and was back on her paws in a heartbeat, though her breath came in quick pants. She shot her brother a victorious look.

Honeydew used Random Recall, breaking free from her stun, costing -5 SP.

Brackenpaw
5/20 HP
11/60 SP

Honeydew
9/40 HP
76/100 SP (-5 SP)

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment]   Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment] EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 11:34 am

Brackenpaw growled in frustration as Honeydew escaped him once again, casting him a fox-dung eating grin. "Since when did you become such a gloater, sis?" he panted, suddenly feeling the efforts of this fight, even if it was just a mock battle. He wasn't done yet though, he could see the cream warrior was tiring too. Maybe he still had a chance. "I'm going to wipe that smile from your face when I win!" The tom swung at honeydew, putting the last of his strength into the blow.

Brackenpaw used Frontpaw Strike on Honeydew ! Dealing -6 HP and costing -7 SP

Brackenpaw

5/20 HP
5/60 SP (-7 SP)

Honeydew

3/40 HP (-6 HP)
76/100 SP

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment]   Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment] EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 11:49 am

OOC: Due to the 48 hour timeout, Honeydew withdraws from the fight! Sorry, this week has been extra chaotic at work, so I was unable to keep up with my posting...

Honeydew

Honeydew smirked at her brother's comment. A gloater? Her? Never! Instead of answering, she bounded forward, paws extended, but was met with a smack to the face, just as he had threatened. With that, Honeydew fell to the forest floor with an audible "Oof!" Her muscles were sore, and she was unable to counterattack this time.

"Well done, brother," she mewed, gently raising herself back to her paws and shaking out her fur. "You have always been formidable, even when we lived at the lake, but it is apparent that your time traveling with Ambersun has quickened your thinking." She blinked warmly at Brackenpaw. "I'll inform Wolfblossom of your success today. Give it a sunrise or two, and I'm certain you'll have your warrior ceremony." Honeydew gave her brother a gentle headbutt to the shoulder. "About time, too," she teased.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment]   Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment] EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 2:40 am

When Honeydew fell, a shot of fear ran through Brackenpaw. Had he hurt his sister? Bit her flank still rose and fell and after a moment she was rising to her paws again, a happy smile on her maw. Brackenpaw huffed a sigh of relief padding to her side, glancing over Honeydew to make sure she was okay. Once he was certain she was okay he began to relax. "Really? It'll be great to all be in the same den again." he mewed "The last time we were all in the same den we were kits." The tom smiled widely, headbutting the deputy back and flicking his fluffy tail over her back. "Lets go back to camp so I can join you sooner."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment]   Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment] Empty

Back to top Go down

Brackenpaw's Trial [Assessment]
Page 1 of 1