Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic]

Go down 
+5
Arcana
GravisCordis
Midnee
kiikko
Honey Badger
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7390

The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic] Empty
PostSubject: The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic]   The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic] EmptySun 25 Feb 2024 - 10:08

OOC: Takes place after the war! ...And Acorn's solo. And Firefly's death - also that one hunting patrol. A LOT HAPPENED IN A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME.

IC: Acornstem had not moved from her spot. Not even when other had started to poke their head into the elder's den at the sound of her grieving. Not even when the fate - the death - of her mate was likely shared in hushed breaths around the clearing. Not even when other cats carefully pulled their way in to pay respects and offer hollow apologizes as if there was anything that could have changed this fate. She knew. She always knew this was going to happen - that Firefly's heart, the thing she loved so much, would fail her. It was a bitter reality she had accepted when she spoke of her feelings, that what little glimpse of happiness they would have would be short and bitter-sweet.

But knowing it, accepting it, had not prepared her for the pain - of how empty her heart felt as her pelt brushed the cold fur of Firefly. That their nest would lay empty from this sunrise on - she would return to the warrior's den and sleep alone once more. That she would have to tell Mottlestar that her daughter had died and that nobody had been there for it - so sudden it had happened. That she had only found her mate... Her ears pinned back, her heart sinking. Ho-How was she to break this news to the leader? To Vipershade - if he did have any feelings on his daughter past the fact she had attempted to kill him upon first sight.

She didn't know - she struggled for words as tears still threatened to roll down her face at the weight of everything upon her.

The faint sound of rustling, of the gorse entrance of the camp being shifted caught her ear and she froze. Already the heavy smell of blood rolled into the camp, carrying with it the scents of those who had been sent out to war. They were back. Slowly, with silent agony, the deputy pushed herself to her paws as she fought to choke back the tears. Raising a paw to swipe her face dry, taking in a shaky inhale as she fumbled for what words she would offer to Mottlestar when she saw her leader. Something deep down bothered her thought - the blood, it was far too rich. Too strong, but she had not the energy - so drained by her mate's death - to put together what it could mean.

An so, the deputy, unaware of what laid on the other side of the den's entrance, let out a long exhale as she took a few extra heartbeats to compose herself. "I'm sorry, my love, I...I wish we had more time together," she murmured as she turned to stare down at Firefly, before she quickly spun away before grief could steal her heart again as she made her way to the entrance and slipped into the camp clearing proper.

The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic] ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon
TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Characters : Sleepyhollow | Echosong | Foxtrot | Fawneye | Stagpaw | Weaver
Clan/Rank : WC |TC | SkC | RC | SC
Aries Dragon
Number of posts : 682

PostSubject: Re: The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic]   The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic] EmptySun 25 Feb 2024 - 16:32

EOh, look who it is! The boy savior
Echosong hadn't moved.

He didn't move when he heard the drumming of paws come closer and closer to their home. When the scent of blood over took what he thought had been roses. He only moved when Acornstem emerged from the elders den. He wanted to comfort her but they both seemed to know there wasn't time.

His heart started to beat faster and he got to his paws, with deliberate steps shoved his head into the apprentice den, "Auburnpaw. Can you help me? They're back from battle, we need extra paws." he meowed. As his new friend emerged he pointed with his tail to the medicine den, "Can you retrieve the leaf bundles I have in the den? I'll help Fawnshine bring everyone in. Yes?" he meowed.

Echosong turned to the returned battle patrol, coming to stand next to Acornstem, his eyes searching for Fawnshine and Mottlestar.

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [C]lovermottle, Brackendawn* Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T3 warrior [L] tier 2 rogue [N] Shadowclan tier 2 warrior [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic]   The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic] EmptySun 25 Feb 2024 - 18:07

Forest Speak
Feral Speak

With each step towards camp, the body on Silverdusk's back felt heavier and heavier. A burden, physically and mentally that they now carried. Every step she took just meant they were closer and closer to having to reveal what had become of their beloved leader. Silverdusk had steeled themself into a cold mask as the three cats, once five, of ThunderClan left the battlefield. She couldn't return a mess, tears in their eyes, sobbing. They had to be as cold and harsh as the truth that they carried. ThunderClan was without their Mottle and SkyClan would pay. Faces of their clanmates flashed before her eyes all wearing the same grief stricken expression the patrol had worn, the realisation of what this meant. Acornstem especially having to step up so suddenly, in such an awful time. If the silver warrior had left the SkyClan rat to die, had not let their emotions get the better of them as her enemy cried, maybe Mottlestar would still be here. Silverdusk would have given their life for Mottlestar, for Thunderclan, but now she felt like they had failed in the promise they had sworn before the tortoiseshell and the rest of the clan.

The gorse tunnel, and the bramble trench came into view and all the silver molly wanted to do was scream, to turn tail and run. The scene awaiting the returning party played out in her mind over and over. The looks, the growls, the sobs, the questioning, the words that would fly, the words directed at Silverdusk. "Why did you pick such a new warrior?", "Maybe if we'd had someone more experienced on the patrol Mottlestar would still be here!", "They were probably still sick how can anyone defend their clan while ill?", "Mottlestar was worth ten of you!", "Greenpaw!", "Softheart!". "Mousebrain!". They were all right. Every single nasty word and cruel insult thrown their way would be deserved. If anything it was merciful for what Silverdusk had allowed to happen. She should be demoted, exiled, kicked from the clan she adored so and every cat they loved for all the suffering they had brought down upon ThunderClan. To save the enemies life during war... It had been treason, a treason that left them unable to save the cat on the battlefield that mattered most to her.

The thorns pricked at the tall warrior's hide and they let them. Let them draw blood again, and open fresh wounds, ruin their pelt, let her look like the filth that they were for allowing the clan of dirt to leave with their lives. Vengeance would come for SkyClan, delt by Silverdusk's paw whether they remained amongst the ranks of ThunderClan or not. Revenge was a fools game, but this wasn't revenge. There was no place for the murderous traitors and liars of SkyClan in this forest or elsewhere.

Light began to spill into the tunnel, and then the patrol was emerging on the otherside - finally back in ThunderClan camp. The weight born by Silverdusk's shoulder was so heavy, unbearably so. They strode forwards, feeling the eyes of many burning their pelt as they watched. The tension in the camp could have been sliced by a claw. The sound of Mottlestar's body hitting the ground far too loud and final. There was silence, and while it should have been Fawnshine that spoke first as the high rank amongst the patrol, when green eyes met Acornstem's tear glossed amber eyes Silverdusk felt words rushing to be let out, to make things right. "Acornstem, I am so so sorry." How they loathed apologies. loathed the word "sorry", but here, essentially standing trial as witness and defendant for what had occurred, nothing else seemed to fit. "There are no words that can fix this. We cleaned Mottlestar's body before returning... To bring her home in dignity. She should be here alive, but Birdstar..." Silverdusk's lip curled upwards at the memory of the dead leader's action "Birdstar was a blood-lusted fool."

they stepped back, their piece said. Fawnshine and the others could say what they felt, inform Acornstem of Vipershade's death too, though that was already clear. Their was relief in having spoke first, instead of letting the crushing weight build and build, it gave the tall she-cat a slight reprieve. Her gaze scanned the crowd of assembled cats, looking for a familiar spotted pelt, one she knew (or hoped) they would be able to find comfort in. They were quick to find the pelt, but slow to break away, not wanting to betray their grief so openly in camp, or to allow anymore assumptions about her to be made. All they needed was to be held, to stop the fractured pieces of herself that had been haphazardly stuck back together at the river, from shattering all over again.

Wiggleworm felt like a warm Greenleaf breeze, as Silverdusk buried themself in the crook of his neck. At least he was alive, at least he was safe, at least it hadn't been him on the patrol. They looked up at him, so undeserving of his warmth after everything. She hadn't even delivered on making Sunfire pay, another mistake they had made in order to keep the tree rat alive. A shuddery sigh escaped their maw, and she nestled closer to him. "I think I made a mistake, Wiggleworm." whispered Silverdusk in the feral language so that only him, and him alone, could hear and understand them "I let the enemy live, no, I ensured they survived. There was a point when everything went wrong... When... SkyClan revealed just how vile they are. The fighting... It stopped, and the cat I was facing, she apologised... and I... I don't know? She collapsed, and I knew then I didn't want her to die, to be as cruel and evil as the clan of filth she hailed from, so I carried her to her medicine cat. I made sure she lived..." The words became stuck in Silverdusk's throat "But saving her, it left me unable to save Mottlestar or to put down the cat that killed Softpaw, that took two of Mottlestar's lives, that killed Vipershade. I chose the enemy before ThunderClan in an act of mercy they would never show us. I was a softheart, and I made our clan pay the ultimate price, Wiggleworm. I don't know what to do, I am so ashamed and so angry with myself. Quailprowler taught me not to show mercy as our enemies wouldn't, and when it mattered most I ignored her lesson... Now look at what I have caused. ThunderClan should hate me, you should hate me, I would not blame you. It is only a matter of time before it all comes out."

silverdusk | thunderclan | tier three warrior | 50/120 | #99cc99
brackendawn | skyclan | tier two warrior | 20/80 | #cc9966
louse | rogue | tier two rogue | 50/120 | #669966
nettleweaver | shadowclan | npc tier one warrior | 30/80 | #996666
clovermottle | RiverClan | npc perma queen | 50/80 | #ff9966

The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic] Giphy

pinterest boards | plotting pages | character profiles | heartchart
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7390

PostSubject: Re: The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic]   The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic] EmptySun 25 Feb 2024 - 18:28

Acornstem's breath came out as a shaky exhale as Echosong came to a stop next to her, relieved for her friend's company. Once more, she was pulling up the words from within - to have them ready on her tongue to tell Mottlestar but as the patrol finally pushed past the tunnel and only three set of walking paws greeted her, the words died in her throat. Three cats were standing with two hauntingly familiar bodies laid across their backs.

There was no breath in Acornstem's lungs as the first of the bodies was slipped to the floor - so small that one would think it belonged to an apprentice and not their beloved leader. Perhaps if it was any other moment, the deputy would hold onto false hope that Mottlestar was unconscious - but having spent countless heartbeats studying the still form of Firefly while she waited for their return... She knew that Mottlestar was dead. Truly dead. The other body hit the ground - Nightstalker. Vipershade. The start of a mangled cry started in Acornstem's throat but it found itself caught, the deputy struggling to take in breath as her eyes darted back and forth between the two bodies. Firefly's parents. Sh-She hadn't just lost her mate, but- No. No it wasn't possible. Vipershade, perhaps, but Acornstem knew the life count of Mottlestar. The leader had multiple lives left, there was no way that she was- She couldn't!

Her eyes shifted onto Silverdusk as the she-cat promptly launched into an apologize - an explanation. Mottlestar's body. Birdstar...a blood-lusted fool. The words barely managed to register in the deputy's ears before Silverdusk was pushing away and Acornstem's head simply turn to stare at the two still bodies as her whole body quivered. She made not a sound as she stared, her tail limp behind her as not a flicker of emotion crossed her face. The deputy was frozen in the moment, swearing she could hear a faint cracking noise in the distance - or perhaps deep inside her. It creaked under the pressure...

The deputy - leader - had all but shut down as she swayed on her paws.

The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic] ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon
TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic]   The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic] EmptySun 25 Feb 2024 - 19:13

Auburnpaw had returned to camp not long before the battle patrol did. It was the scent of blood and residual fear that caused him to look up to peer through the den before Silverdusk and the others burst in the camp entrance. Cats pouring in looked as if they had been run over by a monster, or somehow worse. The boiling in his veins that had been persistent since his clanmates had left reignited once again. He wanted to charge across the forest and single-pawedly take out whatever Skyclan cats were still walking, whatever cat felt justified in continuing their carnage after taking innocent lives. A growl rumbled lowly in his chest and his tail lashed back and forth.

Whatever grief had laid over camp he had chosen to ignore, mostly out of a lack of idea on how to deal with it. While these cats were his kin, his clan, by birthright and decision, the fact remained that he was still getting to know the majority of them. The pain of loss was one he had yet to experience. Still, there had been a pang of sympathy tightened his chest when he looked at Acornstem and Firefly. Tonight several unjust vigils would be held and he would be present for all of them. But that time was later, now, Echosong's voice pulled him visions of carnal justice.

In an instant he was on his paws and following the directions of the medicine cat. Quickly, scooping up the herbs, he returned to Echosong's side. It was nearly impossible to prevent the neat bundles from spilling as his maw dropped. Two bodies had returned to camp. Once vibrant with life, now reduced to limp bundles no more animated than prey. Realization set in as he digested the familiar patterns of fur. Both meant something different and entirely unique to the young tom. Mottlestar, a beacon of strong leadership and hope, a cat whose stories had been told during his kithood due to connection to his parents. And Vipershade, the ever-present menace watching over camp since he had returned to the forest.

Both figures had been larger than life, unkillable, until this moment. Auburnpaw felt impossibly small at the thought even they could die. Further more, he felt unspeakable rage at the fact any Skyclan cat believed they had the right to strip away these lives so thoughtlessly. Brutes. Vile, rotten, filthy creatures. His fangs were bared as he drank in the scent of the enemy, one he had only smelled in fleeting border patrols but now permeated the camp in a reminder of the way in which they had slain Thunderclan cats. He started ahead at the entrance with a smoldering gaze and snarled lowly, "Everyone of the rogue-ish beasts who did this deserves ten times worse. And I want to give it to them."
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [S]piderkit
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [S] SC Kit
Number of posts : 691

PostSubject: Re: The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic]   The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic] EmptySun 25 Feb 2024 - 22:26

Wiggleworm

("Feral Language")
("Forest Language")

Wiggleworm paced incessantly, his tail flicking and pelt twitching with anxiety. He'd been pacing through the center of the camp ever since Mottlestar led the battle patrol out earlier in the day with Silverdusk in tow. He'd wanted to beg them to take him too, scream and shout to stop Silverdusk from putting themself into harm's way, but none of the words came and with every second that passed, he regretted not insisting on going in her place. She was a younger warrior than him, what if they got hurt!? What if they...his heart clenched painfully. What if they never came back? War was nasty and the cats they were fighting were even more so. Sunfire...what if he was there? Would he take Silverdusk from him too? Like he'd taken Softpaw? 

A lump formed in Wiggleworm's throat at the thought and his paw hovered in mid-air, shaking slightly at the thought. Great Sun and Moon how he wished he had done more to prevent Silverdusk from having to march into battle. However, one look at him was enough to know that he wasn't fit to fight. The illness was gone from his system, but it would take more than a moon to recover from the effects of it. Still, he was too thin, too weak to really be of any help in a battle. Not just that, but he wasn't fully healed from the wounds that stretched across his back. As much as he hated to admit it, Mottlestar had been right not to take him. 

Regardless, as Acornstem grieved the death of Firefly, who had died shortly after the battle party's departure. The God of Death had already visited ThunderClan today, surely, he would be satisfied with one life, right? It was selfish to think it, but if Firefly's death was the only one today, he would be grateful. Though...Acornstem must be heartbroken. She and Firefly had been very close, mates, actually. As Wiggleworm stared at the elder's den, a wave of nausea rolled through him. Stars, what would he do if Silverdusk was brought back, her body cold and limp, stretched across the backs of his clanmates? How would he go on without her?

Wiggleworm swallowed thickly. The wait was slowly killing him. As he turned around to pad across the clearing once more, the unsteady trudge of pawsteps caught his attention, followed swiftly by the sharp tang of blood. Heart pounding, the spotted warrior spun to face the thorn barrier, his eyes trained on the tunnel. A part of him was eager to see the battle party return, glowing from what had certainly been a victory and yet...another part of him was scared. Not just scared...terrified. Terrified that they would return with less cats than they had left with.

As he stood there, nose twitching, the coppery tang grew stronger...something had gone horribly wrong. The tom's heart sank as the barrier shuddered and the first member of the patrol entered the camp. He blinked for a moment, not even recognizing Silverdusk's torn and bloodied pelt for a few moments. What was that on her back? He watched, horrified, as Mottlestar's stiff body was laid across the ground. She was still, unnaturally slow, and her chest didn't move - there was no breath in her lungs. Breath stuttering, the warrior stumbled back. Mottlestar had been...she'd been killed? It didn't seem possible, and yet there her body lay, marred with countless wounds.

His dark gaze trailed back up to Silverdusk as she spoke, her voice slicing through the palpable tension in the air. It was true, then. Mottlestar had been murdered. By a cat they had once called an ally no less. Then, Silverdusk made her way to him, their expression a maelstrom of emotions. Heart aching, Wiggleworm opened his jaws to say something, to comfort her, but before he could utter a word, they pressed themself into his neck. He tensed, mind whirling, then eased himself around her, resting his head atop their's in an attempt to comfort them. He wanted to offer some words of solace, but they stuck in his throat like barbs. 

Finally, Silverdusk looked up and he nearly sobbed at the rawness in her eyes. He didn't ever want to see them like that - they deserved so much more than what fate was giving them. He listened as she poured her heart out, her voice shaking and speaking the feral tongue he knew so well. After a moment, he shushed her softly, placing several comforting licks atop her head. "Hush Silverdusk, it's not your fault." He meowed gently, his voice trembling. "It must've been so frightening, with everything happening all at once. You did your best, that's all ThunderClan could ask of you - all I could ask of you." His eyes misted at the mention of Sunfire's survival - of his involvement in the battle, and he shook his head. 

"Don't you ever apologize for the actions of another cat Silverdusk. You were brave, braver than I ever could've been. To save the life of an enemy..." He blinked down at them warmly. "I never could've done it. It's not your fault that they couldn't let go of their anger, that they couldn't see past their hate. It's one thing to have the strength to take a cat's life but another thing entirely to spare it. I'm proud of you and if anyone had anything to say on the contrary, they'll have me to deal with." He growled; tail curled protectively around them.

Silverdusk's pain, her guilt, it was as plain to see as the clouds in the sky. He hated seeing them like this. With a glance around the camp, at the bodies that had been laid out, he choked back a sob and curled himself around her. "You did all you could, and I know Mottlestar is proud of you too." He said, voice wavering a bit as he spoke. If he could take her pain, he would in a heartbeat. If he could take the pain of all of his clanmates onto himself, he would. He wanted to be strong enough to shoulder everything that weighed down on them all.

Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Characters : Sleepyhollow | Echosong | Foxtrot | Fawneye | Stagpaw | Weaver
Clan/Rank : WC |TC | SkC | RC | SC
Aries Dragon
Number of posts : 682

PostSubject: Re: The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic]   The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic] EmptySun 25 Feb 2024 - 23:13

EOh, look who it is! The boy savior
He was quick to find the small body of their leader. He was the first to move. He felt like his leader had taken a Twoleg monster straight through the walls of his heart and crushed him into bits. 'Is it like the Stars to mention something of this sort..' he heard Mottlestar's voice in his mind. Did the stars prepare him for this? Perhaps they did.

The breeze floated by him, seemingly wrapping around his fur. The subtle scent of roses and smoke assaulted his nostrils and the medicine cat nearly collapsed.

Perhaps they did.

It took him a moment to hear Silverdusk's words, for them to settle, to truly settle. The medicine cat whipped his head to them, "Silverdusk. You said was." he meowed, the words demanding and odd coming from Echosong's usually soft voice, "Birdstar was a blood-lusted fool." he echoed. Was. Birdstar was dead too. Good. Good.His fur bristled slightly at her mention. If she hadn't already been dead, he would have marched to Skyclan and done the deed himself. He knew Auburnpaw felt the same. Dark forest, the entire clan felt the same.

Echosong's icy blue gaze snapped to the body of Vipershade. A heartbeat, maybe ten, passed before he was able to sift through his feelings as he stared at the scarred mangled body before him. It was odd. He hadn't expected to feel sad when the former Shadowclan leader died, but he did. He didn't even realize he was crying until he saw the splash of tears fall onto Vipershade's body and sink into his fur.

Echosong had always feared Nightstar. From the first moment he saw him at his first Gathering, to being yelled at in the Cutters, to the Gathering that stripped Nightstar of his lives. But underneath the fear, he had always respected him. Ego aside, he believed the old tom to be wise, loyal, and caring. There wasn't any other cat in the Cutter's that had taken time to speak to the weird, nearly clawless kitten reciting the warriors code over and over again to cope with his capture. But Nightstar did. Nightstar helped him escape. Echosong didn't forget that.

Before turning to his mother, he bent down and gave Mottlestar a soft lick on her forehead, removing a piece of sand that had buried itself there. He wanted to curl up around her. To warm her quickly chilling body. But the sound of his mother's voice reminded him he needed to stay present. "May your spirit walk with Starclan, forever." he whispered.

He wondered if Pricklebush would chide him for taking time to mourn before healing his living clanmates. Pricklebush was surely there, watching. Perhaps he had been the one to guide Mottlestar to Starclan. Perhaps he was right about Firefly too, and Mottlestar was there to take her daughter with her. It was his only comfort - that and his mother and Fawnshine had returned as well. A quick swipe of his paw wiped the tears from his cheeks and he backed a tail length away from the bodies.

He spared one glance to Acornstem, who frankly looked a bit shell-shocked, before returning his gaze to the four who had returned, and the ever growing crowd around them. Echosong looked again to Acornstem then back to his clan before clearing his throat, "Their spirits will live on in the hearts of all who knew them. Let's honor their memory and share tongues with them one last time. he announced, knowing he didn't need to shout for his voice to pierce the ears of all around him. Echosong then moved to his mother's side, her eyes seemed to mirror the glaze of shock that he had seen on Acornstem.

"Momma, let's go to the medicine den, heal you quickly, so you can go to Mottlestar." he urged, pressing his body into her side to take some of the weight off her paws, "As long as we have each other, that’s all we need.” he echoed Comfreyhearts words back to her that she had spoken to him all those moons ago. Back then she had been the one comforting him, but now he was the one holding her up, healing her. The thought chipped the bricks he placed around his heart.

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [C]lovermottle, Brackendawn* Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T3 warrior [L] tier 2 rogue [N] Shadowclan tier 2 warrior [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic]   The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic] EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024 - 5:32

Forest Speak
Feral Speak

Silverdusk allowed Wiggleworm to envelop her, to reassure them. She sniffled into his chest, turned away from their clanmates, as his words sank in. Words were on the tip of their tongue, wanting to disagree with him, yet thank him for everything else, but Echosong spoke up. The medicine cat's keen ears had not misheard her. For a brief moment they pulled away, just enough to meet Echosong's eyes. It seemed the attention of the clan was redirected towards them again, no sooner than when they had just shaken themselves of its shackles. Silverdusk stared at the tom's eyes unflinchingly, sensing the demand, the urgency."Your ears do not deceive you." they replied, tail lashing with the memories of Birdstar. "Perchstar felled her for killing Mottlestar, an eye for an eye I suppose. Though the death granted by Perchstar was better than what the mad fox deserved." meowed the tall molly, before turning back to Wiggleworm, features softening. "I do not deserve you." she mewed quietly "Thank you," They blinked, vanquishing the tears that so annoyingly threatened to fall. Exhaustion weighed upon them, more from emotional turmoil than the act of fighting. "I need to sleep, but..." Her eyes graced over the forms of Mottlestar and Vipershade, if they squinted -blurring the scars that split their pelts- it was almost as if the pair were napping together in the centre of camp. Silverdusk huffed. A silly idea. Both were dead, never to wake. Clanmates moved forward to share tongues with both cats, at the river the patrol had shared tongues then. Part of the silver she-cat wanted to leave it at that, to be selfish and seek out the nest that awaited her in the warrior's den. But this was a rite shared by the clan, and to leave would be a marker of disrespect to not only ThunderClan, but to Mottlestar and Vipershade. "...I have to join our clan, let us share tongues, come." mewed Silverdusk, rising to unsteady paws. The trembling was unexpected, more than likely attributed to the tiredness they felt. Her tail brushed against Wiggleworm as they padded to join the others. They inhaled, pushing the maelstorm of grief back down, deeper and deeper. She would not crack, not here. Not in front of everybody.

silverdusk | thunderclan | tier three warrior | 50/120 | #99cc99
brackendawn | skyclan | tier two warrior | 20/80 | #cc9966
louse | rogue | tier two rogue | 50/120 | #669966
nettleweaver | shadowclan | npc tier one warrior | 30/80 | #996666
clovermottle | RiverClan | npc perma queen | 50/80 | #ff9966

The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic] Giphy

pinterest boards | plotting pages | character profiles | heartchart
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1478

PostSubject: Re: The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic]   The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic] EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024 - 7:47

Fawn
shine
And did the twin flame bruise paint you blue?
"So you were never a saint and I've loved in shades of wrong. We learn to live with the pain, mosaic broken hearts."
Paws aching sore and feeling like they bore the entire weight of the world combined heaved Fawnshine down with each dreading step; horrified and yet devastated at the same time that they'd have to reach camp, inevitably. Instead of the usual calmness that bore in her gaze, all that was left now was a dull, broken-down, hollow sight that lacked the usual proper perfection she held with pride all those moons ago.

Light spilled in the tunnel where they arrived back at camp - Mottlestar's body weighed on her the entire trek back, yet for some reason, she felt abnormally numb to it all. To everything. It was all just simply too surreal. Her ears had morphed their clanmate's voice with the winds; senses abnormally sharp to listen to the choir of nature around them.

Had the sparrows always been so loud? Had leaves always rattled so harshly? Had the squirrels always chewed so obnoxiously?

Anything, anything she could do to distract herself from this unfamiliar, terrifying numbness that took over her senses; suffocating her in a metaphorical cage of water where she could not breathe. Whereas their grief lay so still in the air, grasping everyone's hearts and binding them with invisible roots tied to what little hope of a winning battle was left—Fawnshine remained so, unusually still. To the cats, their world had ended. But to despicable Stars and Nature surrounding them, life went on.

...Why must it end like this?

She'd at least expected a dramatic rain of empathy from the Stars; or whatever Gods or Religion that the rest of them and the cats with bloodlines from far away to offer them even the tiniest bit of sympathy. But no, everything went along its merry way. It wasn't fair. This wasn't fair. Mottlestar, she shouldn't have—she shouldn't have been...

Words passed by her ear like feather-light whispers against the breeze. "There are no words that can fix this— something else, —To bring her home in dignity...Birdstar was a blood-lusted fool..."

More voices spurred on; some sounding of grief and empathy, others anger, and more of sheer shock and terror. She could not blame any, or either of them for their reactions. With countless eyes peering onto her - piercing through her like jagged blades of accusation—waiting, hoping for her to say something noble or encouraging with compassion. The least she could do was offer well wishes for their leader to peacefully rest with the Stars now, right? So why was that so hard, when all they've done to her was nothing but present her with countless of lessons grief and loss and raw brutality? They'd likely done the same to Mottlestar—enough to the point where she'd wrecked her little frame exhausted from stubborn 'preservence'. Always pushing herself too hard no matter what others say.

She opened her maw to speak, but the words seemed to falter right out of her tongue. Usually, this proved so easy - she was used to being in control of herself, after all. But not this time. Pressing her head against Mottlestar's, Fawnshine remained still for a long time. The Stars do not deserve you, whether as Mottlerose or Mottlestar. If there existed such a place, I'd wish for you to travel beyond and greater... But you've led us far enough with your bravery and perseverance. It's time for you to take your rest now.

With a sigh, Fawnshine reluctantly pulled away; azure-green eyes shimmering with the faintest of hope that from high above, the kind molly would've heard her prayers. Even if voiced to nobody else in public, the medicine cat knew her whispered, silent wishes were enough of a pleading. Not to StarClan - not to anyone in particular.

"...Anyone who has been injured, please come with Echosong and me to the medicine den. We shall get your treatments properly prepared and handled quickly - especially for those with more severe wounds." Her voice was raspy - tired, and low. Fawnshine made no attempts to cover up the overwhelming numbness that she was in—eyes detached from the entire world but her duties. They were likely the only thing keeping her sane at this point, family aside. "As for Mottlestar, we shall host a proper burial ceremony for her before sundown. For all those voluntary, you are welcome to keep a silent vigil in respect for her loss. Though, for now, let us all share tongues with her for one last time and offer her wishes. She has courageously fought in the battle for us all. May her soul rest in peace."

Her gaze shifted to Vipershade's body, the numbness taking over all the welling sense of hatred that normally would rage from a simple casted glance at him. She regarded the tom with an empty gaze - as if battling was the least he could do, after all the troubles Mottlestar and her reputation had to suffer from him. Was it hypocritical of her to be so judgmental? Perhaps. But she couldn't care less in the current moment. Then... Her eyes caught sight of Firefly's body, not too far away - and her heart had only further burdened realizing another loss of their clanmate. How many more deaths was she going to have to endure? How much more injustice and suffering before they could finally break free? Another one of their esteemed warriors, almost too abruptly stolen in the cruel fate of the Stars.

And something inside her had sparked then, overcoming the numbness of pain and grief itself.

Indignance.
ft. Taylor Swift in
— State of Grace
the last thing that i wanted

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6035

PostSubject: Re: The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic]   The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic] EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024 - 9:42

Nightdancer trailed toward the back of the returning patrol, her limbs seeming to slow with every step as they approached ThunderClan's camp. To leave the battlefield behind, to return home, was to acknowledge all that had happened; a part of her could remain convinced that all of this was nothing more than a bad dream, but that thought vanished with every step that didn't end with her opening her eyes to her own soft nest.

Something bubbled up in her throat as she passed by Acornstem, perhaps an apology for not doing more to prevent this.

Whatever it was, she swallowed it down.

Instead she observed the other bodies that now lay in their camp. Vipershade, fallen in battle, and--

Firefly?

Firefly had retired, she wasn't at the fight; what had happened in their absence?

Her gaze turned again to Mottlestar, and her silence was broken at last by a quiet sob as she made her way toward the medicine den.

we know how to dare, we know how to dream —— info.
✿ kiikko

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Splotch

Splotch

Characters : Sleepycloud, Hopepaw, Lakekit
Clan/Rank : Ye Old Member-- ALL THUNDERCLAN OOPS Sleepycloud (T2), Hopepaw [App], Lake [Kit]
Taurus Dragon
Number of posts : 3545

PostSubject: Re: The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic]   The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic] EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024 - 19:51

In a manner much unlike what is usual for her, Sleepycloud found it hard to rest. Of course, knowing that her clanmates were off trying to protect her new clan didn't help matters. So, when the patrol arrived home, Sleepycloud quickly peeled herself from her kits, who, for once, slept soundly. The sight she saw sent shivers down her spine. The small form of Mottlestar, a force in the forest for so long, was gone. Even Vipershade, who had shared the camp with her, Stormsong, and Auburnpaw. A friend, in his own--brooding way. Despite what the other cats told her, there was a trust that she had shared with their little group that inhabited the camp. One born out of a need for it. Seeing the tom gone now made the camp feel emptier.

They all did. ThunderClan lost powerful cats today. Though few, the queen assumed, would grieve the loss of Vipershade. Working up her courage, Sleepycloud approached the gathered cats. She certainly didn't know much about all her clan members yet. But there was something she could do, even for a fallen one. "I will sit for Vipershade's vigil." The queen announced, though quietly. Vipershade had been willing to sit through the long, cold nights while they were on their own. It was his turn to rest. It was her turn to sit the watch. With a heavy heart for her friend, Sleepycloud gently groomed away the rest of the gore from the battle. Silently giving her thanks to the warrior for his protection of her family.

Sleepycloud || Hopepaw || Lakekit
Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1536

PostSubject: Re: The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic]   The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic] EmptyFri 1 Mar 2024 - 10:59

flickerpaw

◦◦◦ thunderclan • he/they • apprentice ◦◦◦

Flickerpaw sat outside the apprentices' den, watching, observing, grieving quietly. It's all they could think to do. No words would make any of it better, they couldn't turn back time, nor could they revive those that had died. Silently, they watched Acornstem grieve for her mate, they watched the battle patrol return with Mottlestar and Vipershade, still and cold. Mottlestar, who had welcomed them and Emery into the Clan with open paws.

Flickerpaw's chest seized as a wave of grief passed over them, finding it suddenly hard to breathe. What would become of them and their sister now? Would Acornstem hold up to her promise, or were they to be cast out like rotten crowfood? They had seen Death's claws take cats before. They knew Death, as much as they wished they didn't.

The mottled apprentice rose to their paws and turned away from camp, padded into their nest in the back of the den, and tucked their nose far beneath their tail, blocking out everything.

i don't have any big lasting plans;
i'm too cowardly to take a stand;

( credits )

The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic] 2RvdchP
Flickerpaw         Icepaw         Lightpaw         Cricketpaw
#54565A         #8ED2E2         #E7CD65         #76AF5C

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Characters : [H]Harebounce, [R]Redsun, [S]Snaildance, [M]Ramone
Clan/Rank : RC Tier 4 Warrior; TC Tier 3 Warrior, SC Tier 2 Warrior, Tier 1 Rogue
Leo Dragon
Number of posts : 2520

PostSubject: Re: The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic]   The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic] EmptySun 17 Mar 2024 - 0:55

Redsun’s chest felt cold and subdued as he sat outside the elder’s den, ears pinned back against the sobs that forced similar feelings into his throat. He and his sister had never been particularly close, and he never was the most tactful cat, but even he knew Acornstem needed privacy to mourn Firefly’s sudden, but familiar death. Rosethorn had died in a similar way. They’d both had stuttering hearts. It was something cruel, he thought, how death taunted them before taking them both so early. It made him wonder if any of his other siblings had the same condition. But what he thought about most was how his mother was going to react when she returned from the battle. And the time seemed to be here, with the rustling of underbrush slowly getting closer. His gaze followed Acornstem as the deputy solemnly exited the den, still beholden to her duties despite her loss.

Eyes of electric blue flicked to the first warrior to re-enter camp, Silverdusk. At first he wondered what she carried on her back, perhaps an exhausted apprentice? No, no apprentice was part of the battle patrol. It wasn’t until the body slipped down onto the camp floor that recognition shot through his limbs and he quickly stumbled forward in alarm. “Mom!?” His head whipped up at Silverdusk’s words, and in utter disbelief he looked between the faces of the other patrol members for information. Why were there so few? At his paws, Mottlestar grew cold. He felt sick.

What happened out there!?” His voice rose to a fever pitch, shaking the bushes and trees in and around ThunderClan camp. “She- She had more lives, didn’t she? Didn’t she?” Searching eyes scoured the faces of Acornstem, Fawnshine, and Echosong. He felt sick at the thought that he hadn’t known how much time his mother had left. How many did she lose while they were both so sick? How many times had she stopped breathing and no one had noticed because she eventually woke up again? Disbelief gave way to fury, his heart thrumming in his chest, pulses strong enough he could feel it shooting through his paws and throat. He had the thought that perhaps it was beating too hard, that he should try to calm himself down, just in case, but… he didn’t want to. He needed to feel this. This fury, though blinding, why shouldn’t he feel it? Why shouldn’t he let it carry him back to the battlefield to tear those snakes apart?

Birdstar was dead. Envy towards Perchstar for being the one to ensure that trickled in the back of his mind, yet the deed was done. But not Sunfire. That foxheart still breathed. The thought of it made his blood boil. Who would stand up and stop him if he said he was going to take that thing’s life? The one that had taken one of his mother’s; the one that brought them all closer to this day?

His gaze lingered on his mother’s body. She had always been a small cat – she was who he’d gotten his own stature from, after all – but without breath in her body, she looked smaller. It seemed an obvious thing. Obvious, but no less heavy. His mother was gone. Redsun’s face twisted in grief and vehemence. “They’ll pay for the suffering they’ve caused us. I’ll pull their fangs out myself.” His raw, emotional growl ended as he pushed his muzzle into the tortoiseshell she-cat’s scruff. There was no point in hoping his flaming tears would somehow warm his mother’s cold pelt, her still heart. She would’ve never wanted it to be so, but today onwards, a flame of hate lived in his chest.

"Close your eyes, I'll be here in the mornin'."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic]   The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Last Thing That I Wanted [Open War Return Topic]
Page 1 of 1