Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Triumphant Return [Open Skyclan Camp Topic]

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Charlee_Cat

Charlee_Cat

Characters : Rosekit
Number of posts : 46

A Triumphant Return [Open Skyclan Camp Topic] Empty
PostSubject: A Triumphant Return [Open Skyclan Camp Topic]   A Triumphant Return [Open Skyclan Camp Topic] EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 3:22 am

As Rosepaw and Sunfire headed back to camp, snow began to lightly fall, dusting their coats in fresh flakes. Rosepaw's kill, a large quail, was beginning to feel heavy in her jaws. It was worth it, considering how many of her clanmates the bird would feed. Sunfire had done well too, a large squirrel and a mouse clamped in his mouth. The pair were tired and Rosepaw worried that her mentor had overexerted himself during their hunt, not that mentioning it to him would be particularly productive. Still, the apprentice kept her tail held high. A few more successful hunting trips like this, and Skyclan's overall health was sure to improve...right?

As they neared the clearing that the clan had made their home, Rosepaw nodded to the entrance guard. Padding over to where the fresh-kill pile should be, she placed the bird gently down, shaking her pelt to clear the layer of snow that had settled. She glanced around the camp, curious about who would notice her and Sunfire's return first.

Rosepaw
SkyClan Apprentice
#9900CC
Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [C]lovermottle, Brackendawn* Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T3 warrior [L] tier 2 rogue [N] Shadowclan tier 2 warrior [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 2219

PostSubject: Re: A Triumphant Return [Open Skyclan Camp Topic]   A Triumphant Return [Open Skyclan Camp Topic] EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 6:53 am

“Is that new fresh-kill I smell?” called Brackenpaw, weaving his way towards the pair of cats from where he’d been taking a brief break from honing his skills. His blue eyes darted to the three pieces of prey Rosepaw and Sunfire had caught letting out an appreciative purr at the sight. “Nice catch, Rosepaw!” he meowed “Take me next time? Foxtrot hasn’t even taken me out of camp yet. I train myself, but it’d be nice to get some real training in.” The tom’s blue eyes met Sunfire’s, waiting for his answer. His uncle was a great warrior and hunter, and it was clear he was teaching Rosepaw well. Brackenpaw was more than okay on his own, he’d been training himself even as kit to protect his family, and SkyClan, but he’d be a bigger fool than he already was to not ask for advice from a warrior like Sunfire.

silverdusk | thunderclan | tier three warrior | 50/120 | #99cc99
brackendawn | skyclan | tier two warrior | 20/80 | #cc9966
louse | rogue | tier two rogue | 50/120 | #669966
nettleweaver | shadowclan | npc tier one warrior | 30/80 | #996666
clovermottle | RiverClan | npc perma queen | 50/80 | #ff9966

A Triumphant Return [Open Skyclan Camp Topic] Giphy

pinterest boards | plotting pages | character profiles | heartchart
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 709

PostSubject: Re: A Triumphant Return [Open Skyclan Camp Topic]   A Triumphant Return [Open Skyclan Camp Topic] EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 7:56 am

Honeypaw

As usual, Honeypaw was  following Brackenpaw around camp.
Hey, Rosepaw!" she greeted cheerily as she strode up with her brother. Her eyes went huge when she saw the quail hanging from her fellow apprentice's jaws. "Wow!" she exclaimed, "Great catch!" her eyes flickered to Sunfire. "Both of you," she added shyly, unable to maintain eye contact with the huge warrior. Aside from her own mentor, Mistflower, Honeypaw always had a hard time talking to the powerful warriors in her clan.

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5663

PostSubject: Re: A Triumphant Return [Open Skyclan Camp Topic]   A Triumphant Return [Open Skyclan Camp Topic] EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 6:19 pm

"Well caught, you two!" Wolfblossom was glad to see the two hunters return to camp, it seemed that Rosepaw was adjusting well, and the prey was another good sign. The deputy rose from where she'd been sitting, though she was careful to still stay a few paces back as Brackenpaw and Honeypaw also approached. She was still sick, though not as bad as some, and didn't want to risk her clanmates further. Honeypaw and Brackenpaw seemed to be healthy, so did Rosepaw. Wolfblossom only prayed that they would stay that way and not fall to illness.

Wolfblossom's eyes narrowed slightly at Brackenpaw's words. She would have to check in on Foxtrot, it seemed. "If you feel your mentor is inadequate, you can always come to me." She mewed quietly, "If you'd like I can take you hunting, too." Her own apprentice was missing, and had not turned up in any of the searching the clan had been able to do. If Brackenpaw needed training, she would do what she could to remedy that.

"You didn't run into any trouble out there, did you?" She asked, eyes flicking briefly to Sunfire. She wanted to ask if he'd found any trace of Ploverpaw, but if that had been the case, surely her granddaughter would have been with the two already.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1837

PostSubject: Re: A Triumphant Return [Open Skyclan Camp Topic]   A Triumphant Return [Open Skyclan Camp Topic] EmptySat Jan 06, 2024 12:25 am

Though they'd spent the morning hunting, Sunfire had no appetite by the time they returned to camp. All as well, he figured, since that just meant it would feed someone else, which was their whole point of going out in the first place. He could eat later, when his appetite returned. The warrior let Rosepaw lead them into camp, and to the fresh-kill pile, where he deposited the squirrel and mouse, then retreated a few paces to sit and wash his face and paws. He had nearly dislodged a chunk of compacted snow that had caught in the fur between his paw pads when Brackenpaw sauntered over, Honeypaw at his heels, but Sunfire didn't bother to look up from his task until his nephew started speaking.

He frowned over at Brackenpaw, wondering why the tom hadn't said anything until now, and opened his mouth to respond - but Wolfblossom beat him to it. He'd check back up later, to see if the tom wanted more training... or perhaps he'd do something with all of the apprentices, as a group. Sunfire pondered that while he finally chewed the remaining ice from his toes, and looked up when his mother addressed him. "No trouble," he stated flatly, sinking down on to his belly and stretching his forelegs out in front of him. The cold ground felt nice after the long walk back carrying prey, and maybe it would make him actually want to eat something if he sat here long enough.
Back to top Go down
Charlee_Cat

Charlee_Cat

Characters : Rosekit
Number of posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: A Triumphant Return [Open Skyclan Camp Topic]   A Triumphant Return [Open Skyclan Camp Topic] EmptySat Jan 06, 2024 1:31 am

Rosepaw looked up as Brackenpaw and Honeypaw approached, and trilled lightly in greeting. She hadn't had much chance to speak with either of them, but Brackenpaw's request would be a good chance to get to know him better. "I'd be happy to hunt with you!" she purred. She glanced briefly at Sunfire, hoping he wouldn't have an issue with that. Rosepaw then turned and regarded Honeypaw, watching as the younger apprentice stared nervously at Sunfire. The large she-cat didn't blame her, as Sunfire could be quite intimidating if you didn't know him well. Starclan knew, he could be intimidating even if you did.

Rosepaw's eyes widened as Wolfblossom approached them. She purred harder at the deputy's praise, then looked quizzically between her and Sunfire at their brief exchange. What trouble should we be expecting? Perhaps it had to do with the trouble that had happened with Thunderclan before she'd rejoined Skyclan. Deciding not to comment, she gestured towards the pile of prey. "No use letting it get colder, right?" She padded over to Sunfire and lay next to him, setting to work on her own frozen paws. Rosepaw could eat later; her clanmates needed the prey more than she did.

Rosepaw
SkyClan Apprentice
#9900CC
Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [C]lovermottle, Brackendawn* Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T3 warrior [L] tier 2 rogue [N] Shadowclan tier 2 warrior [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 2219

PostSubject: Re: A Triumphant Return [Open Skyclan Camp Topic]   A Triumphant Return [Open Skyclan Camp Topic] EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 5:41 am

Brackenpaw settled down into a sitting position, waiting patiently for the exchange to finish so he could start complaining.  “He is.” he meowed matter of factly holding his head high “The only reason i am am shaping up to be a great warrior and asset to this clan is my own dedication. I am proudly self taught as of now.” Brackenpaw flicked his tail and his nose twitched at the smell of the fresh-kill before him, his stomach starting to rumble, already forgetting his previous woes. “Do you mind?” he asked politely, pointing his paw towards the large quail Rosepaw had caught. The tom took her joining Sunfire in sharing tongue as his sign to dig in, pulling the quail towards him and Honeypaw. Brackenpaw took a large bite, flicking his tongue out to wipe away the excess. A purr rumbled in his throat at the taste of the bird. “I will take you up on your hunting offer Rosepaw, especially if you always catch prey this good.” realising he’d forgotten his grandmother’s offer Brackenpaw turned to look at her in turn “And yours too Grandmother. I will be stronger and a better warrior having learned from many great cats.”

silverdusk | thunderclan | tier three warrior | 50/120 | #99cc99
brackendawn | skyclan | tier two warrior | 20/80 | #cc9966
louse | rogue | tier two rogue | 50/120 | #669966
nettleweaver | shadowclan | npc tier one warrior | 30/80 | #996666
clovermottle | RiverClan | npc perma queen | 50/80 | #ff9966

A Triumphant Return [Open Skyclan Camp Topic] Giphy

pinterest boards | plotting pages | character profiles | heartchart
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 709

PostSubject: Re: A Triumphant Return [Open Skyclan Camp Topic]   A Triumphant Return [Open Skyclan Camp Topic] EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 5:22 pm

Honeypaw

Honeypaw graciously accepted the prey Brackenpaw offered to share. She had to admit, the quail looked tasty. She had been eyeing it since Rosepaw had returned with it, hopeful for just a mouthful. She bent down to take her first bite, and its plump, succulent juices spilled over her tongue, delivering a delightful gamey taste.

"This is the best prey I've ever tasted!" she announced to Rosepaw, "Thank you StarClan for this meal, and thank you Rosepaw for bringing it back to us! You're such a great hunter," she purred. Her breath caught as if her chest were stung by a thorn, and she took a breath, and bent her head for another bite. I wish I could be as good of a hunter as Rosepaw, she thought.

"Can.... can I come, too?" Honeypaw asked tentatively. Maybe having Brackenpaw with her while she hunted would give her the strength she needed. She winced at the feeling of the life draining from her prey, at her own claws. But it is so natural for other cats. She had to figure out a way around it, somehow. For now, that means I have to force myself to join more patrols, she decided. Maybe I'll just get over it.

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Triumphant Return [Open Skyclan Camp Topic]   A Triumphant Return [Open Skyclan Camp Topic] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Triumphant Return [Open Skyclan Camp Topic]
Page 1 of 1