Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Dandelionkit's Apprentice Ceremony

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living: [T]awnyshadow, [So]otstorm, [A]jex, [Q]uillsplash, [Sh]atteredsky, [J]uniperpaw Dead: Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC) Missing: Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [T]ShadowClan T5 Elder [So]WindClan T5 Deputy [A]T4 Rouge/"Captain" [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior [Sh]SkyClan T3 Warrior [J]ShadowClan Apprentice
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3210

Dandelionkit's Apprentice Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Dandelionkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Dandelionkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyMon 19 Feb 2024 - 23:49

You can’t fix the past, but you can change the future.

Amongst all of the new apprentices, there was one kit who seemed overdue to join them. Dandelionkit, the kit who'd sit and congratulate every new apprentice with the cheer to match the sun itself. Truly a sweet kit, and yet he seemed reluctant, almost scared, to take the first few steps in his journey to warriorhood. Perhaps, Dandelionkit is simply someone who required a little extra guidance, something that Sootstorm knew that his mentor of choice would provide. "Let all cats old enough to run the moors gather around the Tallrock for a clan meeting!" He called together the Clan, then waited patiently for the arrival of the tom-kit.

Bird | Quillsplash ♂/ShadowClan T4 Warrior/#802318
Ajex ♂/T4 Rouge/#62b6ee
Sootstorm ♂/Windclan T5 Deputy/#00cc00
Tawnyshadow ♀/Shadowclan T5 Elder/#993300*
Shatteredsky ♂/SkyClan T3 Warrior/#99ccff(not pictured)
Juniperpaw ♀/ShadowClan Apprentice/#B9ABB2(not pictured)
*disabled stats
Signature by Xaandir!

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 698

PostSubject: Re: Dandelionkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Dandelionkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyTue 20 Feb 2024 - 5:34

Dandelionkit

Dandelionkit was outside enjoying the sun warming his pelt when he heard the summons. Here we go again, he thought unenthusiastically. He always seemed to find himself searching the clearing for his mother's familiar glare, and this time was no different. There she is. Ever since he was a tiny kit, his mother forced him to attend these meetings, even though there were too many cats and the noise they made was too loud. He had always heard other cats tell his mother that she was unlucky, not only because she was only able to kit one tiny kit, but because Dandelionkit was so strange and unusual.

Dandelionkit met his mother's cold gaze with his own, and padded off to join the tight knot of gathering cats, his tail trailing behind him. Mama used to love me, he thought, but now I think she hates me. She let all those other warriors bully her into hating me. Bitterness clawed his heart as he took his place at the outside of the semicircle of cats gathering below Tallrock, ears slicked back to keep out the noise. His gaze slipped just past Sootstorm, as it always did, seemingly fixed on something just over his shoulder.

Who is leaving the nursery next?  He wondered idly. The nursery became quieter and quieter as kits continued to be made apprentices, and Dandelionkit was happy to have so much serenity. When his mother left the nursery to rejoin the warriors, she had snapped at him about not having been chosen to be an apprentice yet because he's strange. His nest was much too big for him now and he got cold often. Dandelionkit shivered as he thought about the lonely nights since mama left.

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living: [T]awnyshadow, [So]otstorm, [A]jex, [Q]uillsplash, [Sh]atteredsky, [J]uniperpaw Dead: Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC) Missing: Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [T]ShadowClan T5 Elder [So]WindClan T5 Deputy [A]T4 Rouge/"Captain" [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior [Sh]SkyClan T3 Warrior [J]ShadowClan Apprentice
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3210

PostSubject: Re: Dandelionkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Dandelionkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyTue 20 Feb 2024 - 5:50

You can’t fix the past, but you can change the future.

And there he was, stepping up with the expression of someone who expected the day to be about someone else, and was relieved about it. Sootstorm didn't know how to feel about it, unrooting him from his comfort zone and pushing him along his way. He had waited for the day that he hoped that Dandelionkit would join the Clan with excitement, for the sign that the kit was finally ready, but it never came, and he couldn't wait any longer. Sootstorm blinked apologetically at Dandelionkit as he called out the kit's name, hoping that even if the poor kit was upset by being chosen he'd at least keep it in for the duration of the ceremony. "Dandelionkit, step forward. You have now reached the age of six moons and are ready to become an apprentice. From now on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Dandelionpaw. I will be your mentor," Stars, he hoped that he had made the right choice. None of the available warriors, Crakeburn, Fennelbreeze, or Eveningmoon seemed like a good match. Well, perhaps Fennelbreeze would have been fine, but she just finished mentoring an apprentice, it didn't feel nice to push such responsibility on her. So he'd just have to make do, and maybe Stoatpaw might even take Dandelionpaw under his wing. Sootstorm leapt down to touch noses with the newly-named apprentice, and tried to whisper as softly and gently as he could, "It's okay, it's alright. You'll be fine. Take today off; training starts tommorrow, let me know if you have any questions, alright?" Stars, please let everything be alright. He didn't know how he'd face Dandelionpaw if it didn't.

Bird | Quillsplash ♂/ShadowClan T4 Warrior/#802318
Ajex ♂/T4 Rouge/#62b6ee
Sootstorm ♂/Windclan T5 Deputy/#00cc00
Tawnyshadow ♀/Shadowclan T5 Elder/#993300*
Shatteredsky ♂/SkyClan T3 Warrior/#99ccff(not pictured)
Juniperpaw ♀/ShadowClan Apprentice/#B9ABB2(not pictured)
*disabled stats
Signature by Xaandir!

Back to top Go down
Grohiik

Grohiik

Characters : Mallowpaw[skc]; Stoatpaw[wc]; Batpaw[shc] --Copper was here <3
Number of posts : 288

PostSubject: Re: Dandelionkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Dandelionkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyTue 20 Feb 2024 - 6:11

STOATPAW
Stoatpaw had been watching with quiet excitement for a while now, trying not to frighten Dandelionkit as he'd done on their first meeting. That little creature was fragile and he didn't want to break them before they'd been apprenticed. But then he heard his father continue speaking.

"I will be your mentor."

"What?" The brown spotted tom hissed the words out through clenched teeth. The fur along his back rippled and his paws twitched. It was all involuntary but it was all completely necessary. Sootstorm just gave himself another apprentice when he barely had time to train his own son. Not to mention the fact that he gave himself the one cat that would require far more attention than any usual apprentice.

What was his father thinking? Stoatpaw stayed in his seat, rigid as RiverClan's frozen river and stared at the duo. Anger flared up within him, searing his insides like a hot stone would sear his pads in Greenleaf. Was it anger? Why did his eyes feel watery? Was he so angry that he wanted to cry? WindClan warriors didn't cry! He ripped his eyes away from the newly name Dandelionpaw and for once he didn't celebrate.

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 698

PostSubject: Re: Dandelionkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Dandelionkit's Apprentice Ceremony EmptyTue 20 Feb 2024 - 18:29

Dandelionpaw

Dandelionkit's attention was snapped back to reality when he heard his name called, and realized the deputy's eyes were focused on him. The kit shrank back slightly, casting glances around at everyone else who were also watching him. Some of the pairs of eyes were encouraging, some of them mocking. Step forward.

Dandelionkit's eyes locked on the ground as his paws guided him forward to stand before the crowd and the deputy. His breath came in quick, shallow gasps as he tried his best to hold himself together. His ears were ringing. He dared not look towards the massive crowd of cats, though he could feel their gazes burning on his pelt. I'm not ready, he despaired, I'm not ready! His eyes stung but he blinked back the tears that threatened to overwhelm him. He couldn't quite hear as Sootstorm called his new name, and he barely caught the tail end of his mentor's name.

Sootstorm is going to be my mentor?

Dandelionpaw's head spun. Why would be pick me? he wondered. Doesn't he already have an apprentice? Is it because I'm different? His fur fluffed up in an attempt to hide him from sight. He was vaguely aware of Sootstorm's face becoming level with his. Dandelionpaw glanced up, meeting his new mentor's eyes only briefly before quickly glancing away again. Sootstorm touched noses with him and Dandelionpaw visibly flinched at the contact. Soothing words purred in the deputy's voice. He idly nodded, and the sounds of cheering cats rose up. His ears pressed down against his head as hard as they could, and Dandelionpaw closed his eyes. Small. Helpless. Pathetic.

As the cheering eventually faded, Dandelionpaw was vaguely aware of the area thinning out. He stumbled away in the direction of the nursery, until realization dawned on him. I have to move to that crowded apprentice's den. His heart hurt as he imagined leaving his safe space, the nest that smelled so much like home, and the soothing milky scent. His tail drooped and the newly named apprentice stood still, his eyes locked on his paws, unmoving. Mama.

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dandelionkit's Apprentice Ceremony   Dandelionkit's Apprentice Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Dandelionkit's Apprentice Ceremony
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: WindClan Camp :: Tallrock :: WindClan Ceremonies :: Apprentice Ceremonies-
Jump to: