Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Galepaw's Warrior Ceremony

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9982

Galepaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Galepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Galepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyFri 26 Jan 2024 - 3:32

It had taken a while for the whole clan to be accounted for, for the clan to find somewhere temporary they could stop long enough for something like this to be done. It had also taken the leader a moment to get his own wounds addressed. Cobwebs covered parts of his body, some tinged with pink from the slowing blood flow from his wounds, but it didn't matter to him, not right now. He had some ceremonies to perform. So Tigerstar called out to his clan. "Let all cats old enough to run the moor gather here for a clan meeting!"
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3220

PostSubject: Re: Galepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Galepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyFri 26 Jan 2024 - 3:59

You can’t fix the past, but you can change the future.

It was by some stroke of luck that WindClan was still together. In the clamour of them rushing out of camps, they had left behind many precious herbs, and with no way to find more in the dead of leafbare, their warriors were suffering. Goldengale was gone, dead from the infection of the wound that spanned half her face and rid her of a leg. Perhaps it was for the best, that she go now, and not die a far more horrible death on this journey. Sootstorm could still feel grief choke him up, and everytime he thought of how Tallshadow and Galepaw must be dealing with the loss, the urge to cry came back all over again. She would be missed, dearly.

It was also through luck that they found themselves here, laying around as they regained their strength. Tigerstar's voice broke through the soft chatter, and the deputy looked up in surprise. Had his brother decided to proceed with their plan now, despite the situation? Perhaps it would boost morale, and would also honor Goldengale's dedication in being the best mentor for Galepaw. Sootstorm padded over and took a seat, gaze sweeping over his clanmates to do a headcount, something that now came as a habit.

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 709

PostSubject: Re: Galepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Galepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyFri 26 Jan 2024 - 4:41

Galepaw

Galepaw was vaguely aware of the WindClan leader's summons. From his spot beneath a jutting boulder, Galepaw stirred. His legs were stiff, his mind shadowed. The death of his beloved mentor, Goldengale, was hitting him hard. Not long after the clan had reached the mountains did his mentor succumb to the vicious wounds the wolf had given her back at the lake. Galepaw had begun to isolate himself, not wanting his classmates, especially Cloudypaw, to know how dark his mind felt.

If I had been there, he had often thought to himself, maybe Goldengale wouldn't have been injured so badly. Even Galepaw knew how irrational these thoughts were, but still they came.

But this time, Galepaw lifted himself to his paws. The world wouldn't wait for his grief, and he couldn't lag behind on his duty to the clan now. He lifted his face to the sky and took a deep breath and slowly dragged his paws to where the clan was gathering about Tigerstar. It must be important, he decided, if Tigerstar is calling a meeting now. His amber gaze sought through the crowd to find his mother, Morningmoon, and his sister Cloudypaw. There they are. He padded over to them wearily and situated himself among the comfort of his kin. Galepaw flicked his tail in acknowledgement of them and turned his attention back to Tigerstar.

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Ishtar

Ishtar

Characters : Tallshadow, Daisyfang, Cricketpaw
Clan/Rank : (T)WindClan Warrior[T3] (D)WindClan MC[T1] (C)SkyClan Apprentice
Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: Galepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Galepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyFri 26 Jan 2024 - 9:36

Tallshadow twitched an ear at Tigerstar’s summons. He pulled himself to his paws in a fluid motion, shaking off the snow that had settled over his narrow shoulders in the process. The golden tom had been sitting near the edge of WindClan’s resting place, keeping an eye out for any danger. The wolf-song still rang in his ears, dripping its mournful tones into the shrill roar of Goldengale’s battle yowl, and the stuttering, awful rattle that had been her last breath. He sunk his claws into the frigid ground, but rearranged all his sloshing, raging grief into its familiar place. Tucked away to smart under his ribs, forever aching, but more manageable. He fit his face back into something less raw, less vulnerable, and refocused on the meeting. This was nothing new to him after all.

He moved amongst his clanmates as they gathered, slipping between them with a practiced ease. He dipped in head to Galepaw and Cloudypaw in passing, sending a kind blink in their direction. They seemed so young to live through something like that. To know intimately of the blood, and violence, and the broken things it left behind. He knew he was not alone in his grief, and that Galepaw had looked up to Goldengale, and she had done a fine job training him. Something that she had touched would live on at least. He moved past the apprentices and towards the front of the crowd to where Sootstorm sat.

He settled himself beside his father, the steady set of his thin shoulders betrayed nothing of the weight he felt. The tom curled his long feathery tail over his paws, protecting them from the chill. He almost felt like a kit again, with Sootstorm there to gently break his world into pieces. Now he was older, and Sootstorm was older, and the world kept turning, and it kept emptying of everyone they held close. He was not that lanky kit cowering under the close-press of death anymore. He met it with a turned cheek, wrangled it into a tight-tangled mass of bitter feeling and shoved it back into the darkness of his chest, where it wouldn’t see the daylight. Tallshadow sat beside his father, grounded and steady in the wake of everything, refusing to be broken over again, even if the world had snuffed out its brightest flame.

Rank up:
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Galepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Galepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySat 27 Jan 2024 - 21:08

Tigerstar knew that things weren't going well for Windclan, they had lost another warrior due to infection that had settled in. It was hard to attend to injuries being constantly on the move, and the snow hiding all of the herbs away. It was a shame to lose such a good warrior, but they couldn't dwell on it for that would only drag them down further. For now they needed to focus on the present, and strengthening themselves for the future to come. "I know times are tough, but we must keep moving, keep moving towards the future and better times." Tigerstar said before taking a deep breath and continuing to speak. "Today we are gathered to name a couple of warriors. They have proven to put the clan first, and have shown their loyalty."

Green eyes turned towards Galepaw, he was the first of today. "Galepaw please come forward." The tall striped tom patiently waited for the apprentice to come forward before continuing on with his speech. "I, Tigerstar, leader of Windclan call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. He has trained hard to understand your ways, and I commend him to you as a warrior in his turn." The leader paused for a second before continuing. "Galepaw, do you promise to uphold the code, defend and honor Windclan, even at the cost of your life?'

Windclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Thunderclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1 ✦ Kit

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Galepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Galepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySun 28 Jan 2024 - 13:13

Galepaw

Galepaw listened to his leader's words with a heavy heart. How can the world just keep moving when there's been so much grief and death? he wondered. And still, the sun continued to rise and set, and the stars continued to twinkle in the night sky. The cold wind still blew through the mountains, and the snow still fell. His ears pricked up at Tigerstar's next words. New warriors? His eyes widened as he realized what this must mean. He shot a disbelieving glance at his sister beside him. Us? Now?

Galepaw jumped to his paws as his name was called. His amber eyes were mistified. He tried to hold his head a little higher and square his shoulders as he wove his way between his clanmates as he recalled the day he had been made apprentice. Finally, he reached the front of the crowd and Tigerstar continued the ceremony. Galepaw bowed his head as he thought of his starry ancestors. Goldengale will be watching me from StarClan, too, he realized. Goldengale, are you proud of me? Have I done well as your apprentice? Galepaw silently prayed to his late mentor, his father Hailstorm, and Sageleaf. I would never have gotten here without you.

Do you promise to uphold the code, defend and honor Windclan, even at the cost of your life?

Galepaw lifted his head and met Tigerstar's eyes firmly, fierce with newfound determination and passion. "I do!" he declared, his deep voice loud and clear throughout their little makeshift mountainous camp. It was clear to everyone here that Galepaw would take this honor very seriously. This is the moment I've lived for. I'm finally going to become a true WindClan warrior.

He was ready.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Galepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Galepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 29 Jan 2024 - 7:01

Cloudypaw still felt like she was treading on fallen leaves at dusk - navigating the delicate situation of Galepaw. He had begun to isolate himself, and she wasn't quite sure why. Goldengale's loss was traumatic - she didn't deserve it, but Cloudypaw was not particularly close to her and she wasn't sure how to process it. She tried to assume this was the case for Galepaw's distance, but a voice in the back of her mind tried to suggest there was still tension that lingered between them somehow as the result of that night. Maybe she was just overthinking it.

She was sharing tongues with Morningmoon when Tigerstar called the meeting. It had startled her, and she stared at the leader - not sure what to expect. Her eyes only broke from Tigerstar to acknowledge Galepaw's arrival, flicking her own tail in response. Stay cool.

However, as soon Tigerstar unveiled what this meeting was about, she glanced at Galepaw in shock - meeting his own shocked expression. That's us! She turned her head back to the leader and stared at him with wide, excited eyes. She shifted excitedly on her haunches as Galepaw padded forward and the ceremony unfolded. That'll be me next! She thought, ready to jump up for her own ceremony at any minute. But, for now, she had to prepare to screech Galepaw's new name. She had to be the loudest.
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Galepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Galepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 29 Jan 2024 - 18:14

Tigerstar nodded at Galepaw's agreement, thankful to see the determination in the tom's eyes. The striped leader was sure the tom was going to make a fine warrior, one Goldengale was proud of, one that Windclan was going to be proud of. "Then by the powers of Starclan I give you your warrior name. Galepaw from this moment on, you will be known as Galestorm. Windclan honors your strength during tough times as well as your dedication. Congratulations."

With that the leader stepped down from his spot to rest his head on the new warriors head. "Thank you for everything you have given this clan so far." Tigerstar stated quietly so only Galestorm would here before turning to head back to his small perch, giving a moment for the clan to celebrate before moving on to the next new warrior.

Windclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Thunderclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1 ✦ Kit

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2850

PostSubject: Re: Galepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Galepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 29 Jan 2024 - 18:27

Rapidpaw cheered happily for the newest warrior of windclan!

"yes!! Go Galestorm!" she cheered happily hip-hopping back and forth on her paws.

She had only gotten to share the apprentice den with them a little while their crossover so short but they seemed really cool!

She ran happily over to Tallshadow who she spotted earlier and nuzzled into his side gently and all at once.

She had zero idea how many dark thoughts ran through her older brothers head. If she had, she would have tried to help him or cheer him up even more. As it was however, she did not know what he grieved she did not even know that he felt this way at all and chalked up that he just must be tired and that is why his face was semi down-cast.

She snuggled into his pelt purring so much. "Galestorm did it Tallshadow, he's gonna be with your den now"

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Galepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Galepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 29 Jan 2024 - 20:13

Galestorm

Galestorm's breath caught in his throat when he heard Tigerstar announce his name. Galestorm? the moment felt surreal. I've been named after my father? Emotions swirled around in Galestorm's hearts as his clanmates cheered his new name. I made it, father, he silently prayed, I'm a warrior now. He gave his leader's shoulder a respectful lick and dipped his head as Tigerstar thanked him. Everything I have given? Galestorm's eyes stung as his gaze found and settled on each familiar clanmate he had come to know so well over the past moons. I am so proud.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Ishtar

Ishtar

Characters : Tallshadow, Daisyfang, Cricketpaw
Clan/Rank : (T)WindClan Warrior[T3] (D)WindClan MC[T1] (C)SkyClan Apprentice
Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: Galepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Galepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 29 Jan 2024 - 20:48

Tallshadow’s voice rose into the frigid air as he hailed Galestorm by his new name, WindClan’s congratulatory yowls echoed off the sheer cliffs around them. The tall golden tom purred softly to Rapidpaw as she careened into his side. He wrapped his long tail around her shoulder, eyes shining with gentle pride. “Yes he will be. It’s well earned.” He licked his sister between the ears and then glanced over at Sootstorm, amber gaze softening with a fragile joy and something close to bewilderment. His eyes seemed to ask if the tiny bundle of apprentice fluff was real and whole and here now. How could something so good find him again? Despite everything, WindClan was thriving, bright with new blood and new warriors, star-touched and strong in the face of tragedy.

Rank up:
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3220

PostSubject: Re: Galepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Galepaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyTue 30 Jan 2024 - 2:16

You can’t fix the past, but you can change the future.

Sootstorm didn't miss the notion that Galestorm may have been named after his late father, Hailstorm, and the sentiment itself made him thankful that Tigerstar was their leader. It must mean a lot to the young tom, seeing as this was the brightest his eyes had been since Goldengale's death. The deputy remained where he was, knowing that the ceremonies were far from over, but from where he stood he cheered out as loudly as he could.

PostSubject: Re: Galepaw's Warrior Ceremony   Galepaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Galepaw's Warrior Ceremony
Page 1 of 1