Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

on fire within [o]

Go down 
+3
Copperbeanz
uwubers
JJ
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1837

on fire within [o] Empty
PostSubject: on fire within [o]   on fire within [o] EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 5:37 pm

OOC Note: Because there are potentially so many people in this topic, we will not be following traditional posting order once everyone who is in the topic has arrived. Post when your cat has something to respond to, much like at a Gathering! The idea is that everyone's going to be paired off to train together while Sun watches/gives advice, but we will play that by ear depending on who posts. :)

A line of apprentices sat in front of Sunfire. They varied in age from freshly apprenticed, like Brackenpaw and Honeypaw, to nearly warriors, like Rosepaw and Bearpaw... but they all shared one thing in common: they were SkyClan, and they were in danger. Well, maybe that was two things... but they were in danger because they were SkyClan, so it counted. The yellow tom flicked his gaze from one of them to the next, until he'd laid eyes on every single one... some of them were his brother's kits, some were his own, and some shared no blood at all.

He tried, and failed, not to feel Ploverpaw's absence as he looked at them.

Snapping himself out of that line of thought, the tom finally spoke for the first time since arriving. He didn't have time to be sad - any moment now, ThunderClan could come charging into their camp, demanding reparations... and every single one of these cats before him would have to be ready. He would make sure they were ready. "I know you each have your own mentors," he began. "But this training session is something a little different. Today, since it's our first time doing something like this, and I haven't seen you all train... I just want you to show me what you can do. Everyone pair off with a partner - Rosepaw, Bearpaw, for now, you two should be a team since you're both older and larger. Honeypaw, you come to me." He met her eyes and tipped his head to indicate that she should come sit beside him, and then waited for the others to do as he had bid.
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 703

on fire within [o] Empty
PostSubject: Re: on fire within [o]   on fire within [o] EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 6:22 pm

Honeypaw

Honeypaw had been woken up early and dragged to a training session by Brackenpaw. At this point, these kind of things were to be expected. Brackenpaw was running her ragged with this training. Her muscles ached and she was sore down to her very bones these days. She hoped with every fabric of her being that it would pay off, and she would become a strong warrior alongside her littermates. Therefore, she did as she was asked, without question.

Today was different. Not in that she didn't follow Brackenpaw without question, but in that he had led her... here, to a clearing, full of other apprentices, with Sunfire at the center. His commanding gaze seemed to burn into her pelt as he spoke, and Honeypaw's ears pinned back when the huge yellow warrior called her specifically to go to him.

Oh, StarClan, no! Honeypaw thought with horror, Please save me!
She glanced at her brothers sitting beside her, her eyes wide with a silent plea. Sunfire was the scariest warrior in all of SkyClan as far as Honeypaw was concerned. The way he skulked about, the expressions he wore, the stark contrast of his burning eyes against the paleness of his pelt. He was her kin, her father's brother, but that didn't stop Honeypaw from being absolutely terrified of her clanmate.

She realized in a moment that her brothers would not be saving her from the situation, and she rose to her shaky paws and padded over to Sunfire, unable to keep her fur from bushing up. She tried not to look too terrified, but didn't do a great job. She cast a quick glance up at the huge warrior - and stopped, as a familiar, angry face approached them.

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC

Last edited by uwubers on Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living:[J]uniperpaw, [Q]uillsplash, [L]eopardkit, [C]reamkit | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan Apprentice [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior [L]WindClan Kit [C]WindClan Kit
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3234

on fire within [o] Empty
PostSubject: Re: on fire within [o]   on fire within [o] EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 6:35 pm

An apple a day keeps anyone away if you throw it hard enough

Shatteredpaw had not been expecting such a large-scale training session held by someone who wasn't even the deputy or leader, but he supposed it was for a better cause. He moved to find someone to pair up with, but froze when Honeypaw's name was called. His head snapped towards the warrior, blue eyes burning with a dangerous fire as he regarded the warrior. He could see that Honeypaw was trembling, shaking even, and the rage in him only doubled. Who did Sunfire think he was? Honeypaw was perfectly fine, she didn't need the extra attention. Did Sunfire think he could achieve anything from scaring his sister like this?

Shatteredpaw ignored all logic and instruction, and quickly stepped in front of Honeypaw, stopping her from approaching the warrior. He whipped around to glare at Sunfire, but spoke calmly, "I don't see what Honeypaw could do that I couldn't. Let me show you my skills instead." His sentence was phrased as a sentence, but his words were laced with poison. His fur was bristling slightly, and it was as if he didn't recognize Sunfire as a clanmate. Shatteredpaw looked over at where Brackenpaw was, wondering if his brother would help out. He rested his tail on Honeypaw's shoulders, as if to comfort her.

Quillsplash | Bird / Tom / ShadowClan T4 Warrior / #802318
Juniperpaw / She-Cat / ShadowClan Apprentice / #B9ABB2
Leopardkit / Tom / WindClan Kit / #cc9900
Creamkit / She-Cat / WindClan Kit / #ff6600

Art Requests | Character Profiles
Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

on fire within [o] Empty
PostSubject: Re: on fire within [o]   on fire within [o] EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 8:44 pm

There was a moment of peace as the apprentices began to move as he'd asked, and Sunfire watched Honeypaw rise and pad towards him. The she-cat, he believed, wasn't quite ready yet to practice with the more aggressive apprentices, and he knew if she paired off with one of her brothers, she wouldn't get anything out of it. He'd already seen them training together, and noticed the developing dependency on her siblings. Allowing that to persist would ensure Honeypaw grew up to be a useless warrior.

She needed something more, a more of a one on one with someone experienced, who could get her to the same level as the other apprentices, or... try to, at least. Honeypaw was his brother's kit, and so he would give her the benefit of the doubt, he would try, but the irritating fear-scent and the absolute terror in her eyes when she met his gaze disgusted the warrior to his core. Honeypaw was nearly at his side, and Sunfire lifted his gaze to check on the rest of them... until Shatteredpaw stepped forward, cutting off his sister's path and staring at Sunfire with a challenge in his eyes.

The yellow tom's tail flicked once, and he stared down at his nephew, whiskers twitching with amusement that was belied by the chill in his stare. "Alright then." If he insisted on being made an example of, Sunfire would oblige. He turned his back to Shatteredpaw, trotting several paces away and then looking back. "Gather around us instead, all of you. Shatteredpaw has volunteered to teach you all something." He locked eyes with the aforementioned apprentice and flicked with his tail towards the center of the meadow.
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living:[J]uniperpaw, [Q]uillsplash, [L]eopardkit, [C]reamkit | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan Apprentice [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior [L]WindClan Kit [C]WindClan Kit
Taurus Tiger

on fire within [o] Empty
PostSubject: Re: on fire within [o]   on fire within [o] EmptySat Jan 06, 2024 5:07 pm

Shatteredpaw narrowed his eyes when Sunfire accepted his challenge without a fight. Only when the warrior move into a fighting stance did he understand what was going on: Sunfire was expecting him, an apprentice, to attack a seasoned warrior. No matter how you looked at it, Shatteredpaw would end up losing. He would usually never challenge someone that much stronger than him, but this was Honeypaw. His sister. Was he supposed to let Honeypaw take his place instead? Never.

The apprentice dropped into a fighting stance as well, eyes meeting Sunfire's for a heartbeat. He had no hope of winning, but that wasn't his job. All he had to do was show an example-- and to do that, he only needed to land a blow on Sunfire, once. Brackenpaw, Honeypaw, are you watching me?

Shatteredpaw used Jumping Strike, dealing 6(+3)dmg and -7SP

Shatteredpaw

20 HP / 53(-7) SP

Sunfire
61(-9) HP / 160 SP

Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

on fire within [o] Empty
PostSubject: Re: on fire within [o]   on fire within [o] EmptySat Jan 06, 2024 7:15 pm

Honeypaw

Honeypaw's anxious gaze flickered between Sunfire and Shatteredpaw, her tiny paws rooted to the spot. "Shatteredpaw!" she mewed with surprise. She couldn't believe what was unfolding right before her very eyes. I can't believe Shatteredpaw saved me! she thought, this is all my fault if he gets hurt! The fear of Sunfire suddenly turned into fear for her brother. Sunfire was scary, but surely he wouldn't hurt an apprentice, right? She swallowed.

She backed out of their fighting ring and lowered herself close to the ground. Her pelt burned with embarassment and shame, and her paws prickled with fear. Her eyes were locked on her brother, whom she admired so much, as he jumped and swiped at the senior warrior. Her jaws parted in amazement.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

on fire within [o] Empty
PostSubject: Re: on fire within [o]   on fire within [o] EmptySat Jan 06, 2024 10:11 pm

Sunfire was unsurprised when Shatteredpaw did, in fact, follow him to the center of the meadow, but he couldn't help wondering what, exactly, the apprentice was trying to prove? Did he truly think that Sunfire had chosen Honeypaw for some cruel, unkind reason? That he planned on asking her to spar him? There was a war within him raging between insult and amusement... because he was tickled that he appeared so fearsome to even his own clanmates, but the idea that he'd harm one of them was an abhorrent one. SkyClan's apprentices didn't trust their own warriors, even ones who have and would go to great lengths to protect the clan. That was a problem.

He stared at his nephew, unmoving, until he had taken his position across from him.

When Shatteredpaw surged forward, Sunfire dropped his shoulder, absorbing the hit at the last second with a single low grunt. The only thing the apprentice had held back was his claws... so the strike was hard, it almost hurt. But regardless of the force behind it, and regardless of the apprentice's drive, he had little experience, and it was easy enough for Sunfire to side step and catch Shatteredpaw before he could retreat. A heavy white paw slammed down between the small tom's shoulderblades, firm but only enough to pin him to the ground.

He turned to look at the rest of the apprentices.

"What you see here is a cat who defied direct orders from a senior warrior and brashly stood up against an opponent he could not possibly hope to defeat." He released the pressure from Shatteredpaw's shoulders and allowed him to stand, curling his tail across his nephew's back for a second. "What I see is a cat who is willing to risk anything to protect his clanmates, even when the odds are stacked against him."

He let that sink in. "What Shatteredpaw just demonstrated to you all are the most valuable traits that a warrior can have, because your first and most important job as a warrior is to protect your clan and your clanmates, with your life." He swished his tail, looking over at Honeypaw for a moment.

"What he - and perhaps some of you - failed to realize, however, is that there is no need to protect yourselves from me." Sunfire met each of their gazes in turn, resting on Shatteredpaw as he continued. "I intend to train individually with you all in addition to these group sessions. I chose Honeypaw first, because she needs it the most."

He wasn't going to cushion any of them from the truth. If they were weak, he would tell them so... because they couldn't improve without knowing where they were lacking in the first place. If they were willing to put in the work? Then they'd become warriors worth being proud of. If they weren't, well... he'd cross that log when he got to it. Sunfire rolled his shoulders back, tone taking a serious edge. "Now. Let me make one thing perfectly clear to you all: there is not a thing that I will ever ask you to do that will be to your own - or SkyClan's - detriment. My purpose here is to mold you into warriors SkyClan can be proud of, warriors that the other clans will fear, and respect."

Eyes narrowing slightly, the tom continued. "That being said... I will not force you to be here. And I will not waste my time with an apprentice who doesn't take me seriously, or doesn't trust me. If you want to leave, go home. If you want to be here... find a partner. Honeypaw, you are with me." Another steely glance at Shatteredpaw told him: It's not up for debate this time, but he followed it with a nod of approval. This had been a good lesson for them to learn early on, and he was grateful the young tom had given him the opportunity to teach it.

Sunfire has used Experienced Steps, choosing to do 0 damage to Shatteredpaw but stunning him for one turn at the cost of 10 stamina.

Shatteredpaw
20 HP / 53 SP

Sunfire
61 HP / 150(-10) SP
Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [C]lovermottle, Brackendawn* Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T3 warrior [L] tier 2 rogue [N] Shadowclan tier 2 warrior [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 2226

on fire within [o] Empty
PostSubject: Re: on fire within [o]   on fire within [o] EmptySun Jan 07, 2024 8:32 am

For once, Brackenpaw hadn’t moved to do the impulsive thing. He had laid out his pride having asked for a training session like this, and for Sunfire to oblige his request the faintly brindled tom did not plan on messing it up. Though, Brackenpaw wouldn’t deny the anger he felt boiling up at the fact his uncle hadn’t chosen to spar with him, Honeypaw at least had a mentor that would have shown her some training. Foxtrot was neither here nor there for the young apprentice’s training. Several insults were brewing in the back of his throat, ready to be hurled at his uncle, but for the sake of Brackenpaw’s thick hide Shatteredpaw for once made the more mousebrained move. Brackenpaw cocked his head, had his brother seen Sunfire as a threat towards Honeypaw? His brother lacked logic for once and Brackenpaw snorted loudly, which turned into a full on laugh when Sunfire put Shatteredpaw in his place.

Once the example was over, Brackenpaw padded towards Honeypaw, not offering his usual comforts. “Sunfire is our uncle, and I asked for this training. He didn’t even hurt Shatteredpaw that bad, he won’t hurt you.” his blue eyes travelled to Sunfire regarding him, the anger he felt at being disregarded earlier simmering. “Next time, I will spar with you.” he meowed a demanding tone in his voice. He didn’t wait for Sunfire’s response before sauntering to the heap that was Shatteredpaw. Brackenpaw’s eyes twinkled with amusement. “Unfortunately for you, you’re stuck sparring with me.” he meowed tauntingly “You can regain your breath if you’d like, i’ll allow you that.” he stepped backwards, curling his bushy tail over his paws, and watching Honeypaw and Sunfire begin their own spar as he waited for Shatteredpaw to recover.

silverdusk | thunderclan | tier three warrior | 50/120 | #99cc99
louse | rogue | tier two rogue | 50/120 | #669966
nettleweaver | shadowclan | npc tier two warrior | 40/100 | #996666
clovermottle | RiverClan | npc perma queen | 50/80 | #ff9966

on fire within [o] Giphy

pinterest boards | plotting pages | character profiles | heartchart
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

on fire within [o] Empty
PostSubject: Re: on fire within [o]   on fire within [o] EmptySun Jan 07, 2024 10:31 am

Honeypaw

As Honeypaw watched the scene unfold, watched as Sunfire pinned Shatteredpaw and didn't shred him, and listened as he gave his speech, she gradually stopped trembling. The most important job as a warrior is to protect your clan and your clanmates, with your life. Sunfire's words echoed through her head as she looked at her brother with a brand new respect. Brashly stood up against an opponent he could not possibly hope to defeat.

Shatteredpaw did it to protect me, even when the odds were stacked against him.

The fear in Honeypaw's heart faded a bit, and was replaced by something new. Something she had never felt before. It was warming her up, making her paws tingle. I chose Honeypaw first, because she needs it the most. Her eyes found Sunfire's gaze and she held it this time. He is a huge, intimidating cat, but he must be one of the greatest warriors in SkyClan, she considered, and he wants to help us - to help me - become strong too! Honeypaw thought about her littermates - Harekit, still sickly in the medicine den, Flamekit, Shatteredpaw, and Brackenpaw, whom she looked up to the most - and a new determination swelled inside her. I want to be a strong warrior standing beside Brackenpaw and Shatteredpaw.

Warriors SkyClan can be proud of.

Honeypaw gulped down her fears and got to her paws as Brackenpaw approached her. He won't hurt you. "O-Okay," Honeypaw nodded to her brother before he stalked back off to join Shatteredpaw.Brackenpaw asked for this training. I won't let him down!

She shakily padded back over to Sunfire and looked up at him, her ears pinned back and her blue eyes huge.
"I-I'm sorry, Sunfire," she mewed. "I'm sorry I caused trouble. It won't happen again. I want to become a strong warrior SkyClan can be proud of." She glanced back at her littermates and the other apprentices. "I am... a little scared," she admitted, "But I don't want to be scared forever. What do you need me to do?" She looked back up at the huge warrior, her blue eyes alight with the flame of a newfound determination.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Taurus Tiger

on fire within [o] Empty
PostSubject: Re: on fire within [o]   on fire within [o] EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 5:53 am

Rage, burning and untamable, bubbled just below the surface. Hatred-filled blue eyes burned into Sunfire's face, daring the warrior to turn around and face him. Lies, lies, all of them. Why couldn't Honeypaw see? Only he could protect her; Sunfire would only bring her to harm. Each word that came out of the cream tom's mouth was a personal fault he dealt to Shatteredpaw, so much so that when he laid his tail over Shatteredpaw's back the apprentice smacked it away. He was barely composed, seething on the inside while he stood there. His claws dug into the dirt as he calmed down his breathing. No, this wasn't the right way to do things. Sunfire wouldn't harm Honeypaw just yet, and exposing the warrior's lies now would only result in disbelief and redicule. He'd have to be patient, and work a way to protect Honeypaw from this monster. He met Sunfire's gaze when he spoke, a look of distrust burning in his eyes until at last the glare broke off.

Shatteredpaw's gaze followed Sunfire's back all the way until Brackenpaw came forth. He hardly cared about his brother's taunts; what were they but meaningless nonsense? Brackenpaw had not a single thought in his mind, he couldn't imagine he had once respected him. Shatteredpaw didn't wait to recover his breath, taking the moment that Brackenpaw was distracted to throw himself forward with a sharp hiss.

Shatteredpaw used Front Paw Strike, dealing 6dmg and -7SP

Shatteredpaw

20 HP / 46 SP

Brackenpaw
14 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [M]oonkit
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [M] WC Kit
Number of posts : 726

on fire within [o] Empty
PostSubject: Re: on fire within [o]   on fire within [o] EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 2:00 pm

Bearpaw

Bearpaw was utterly and completely uninterested in whatever Sunfire had planned for the day. His every waking moment until now had been absolutely consumed with scavenging the unfamiliar terrain for herbs and tending to Skyclan's sickest cats. So, it had been a miracle to be given the afternoon to rest and oh boy had Bearpaw intended to rest. That is, until Sunfire ordered him out of the camp. His mood, already perpetually sour, was darkened even further by exhaustion and annoyance and it showed.

He was so tired, in fact, that it took until Shatteredpaw was finished with his outburst for Bearpaw to even realize it had happened. Blue eyes sharpening, the tom directed his attention to the young apprentice, his tail tip twitching with disgust. How dare an insignificant apprentice such as him question a cat like Sunfire - the best warrior in Skyclan? With a contempt-filled sigh, Bearpaw sat back and opted to observe the next few minutes of what was sure to be an exciting brawl.

Sunfire could easily defeat Shatteredpaw in a battle, but Bearpaw knew that it wouldn't be that easy. His father enjoyed a good show, some way to set an example. Shatteredpaw was brash, but he was also brave, Bearpaw would give him that. But what did he think Sunfire was going to do to Honeypaw, kill her? The brown and white tom choked back a laugh and watched as Shatteredpaw launched himself at his father. However, the battle was over before it truly begun and Bearpaw had to stop himself from rolling his eyes at the speech. 

Why was he being so nice to them? Shatteredpaw had only done it to protect Honeypaw, sure, but the kid had bees in his brain if he thought Sunfire was truly a threat to any Skyclanner. Whatever. Bearpaw flicked his tail and stood back up, eyes roving across the clearing in search of Rosepaw. That was far less enjoyable that he'd been hoping for - maybe a real spar would get his blood pumping and banish the tired ache from his bones.

Back to top Go down
Midnee

Midnee

Characters : [S]ilverdusk, [L]ouse, [N]ettleweaver, [C]lovermottle, Brackendawn* Burningpaw*, Oakberry*, Ospreypaw*, Weaselpaw*, Gladepaw*, Darkflower*, Pumapaw*, Hazeflight*, Driftcloud*, Spructhorn*, Hollyshard*, Ospreypaw*, Blurrypaw*, Dapplekit*, Jaguar*
Clan/Rank : [S] ThunderClan T3 warrior [L] tier 2 rogue [N] Shadowclan tier 2 warrior [C] RiverClan perma-queen
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 2226

on fire within [o] Empty
PostSubject: Re: on fire within [o]   on fire within [o] EmptyWed Jan 10, 2024 2:25 am

Brackenpaw jumped backwards with a hiss, feeling Shatteredpaw’s paw collide with his head. His pelt stood on end, and his claws unsheathed. So much for chivalry. “What is wrong with you?!” he snarled, sensing the edge in Shatteredpaw’s actions. The heaving of his brother’s chest, and that wild look in his eyes, it was a challenge. A growl rode up in Brackenpaw’s throat. Shatteredpaw was challenging him, trying to prove himself. Brackenpaw had more to prove, anyone could be watching them, and he knew this time he was the under dog. Not that it would stop him. Brackenpaw fixed his brother with a gaze that matched his wilderness with fierce determination. Sliding back into a familiar fighting stance, Brackenpaw began to circle Shatteredpaw, his ears flat against his head. “You will not humiliate me again.” he spat, his temper having risen with the charged air that had befallen the cats gathered to train.

The aprrentice was crouched low to the ground, belly almost dragging through the dirt, storing up power in his muscles and ready to unleash it all on Shatteredpaw. So what if they were siblings? Examples had to be made, and the pact the two had made didn’t include protecting each other. Things got heated in battle, and if Shatteredpaw ended up the more bunged up of the two… Well, that’d be a happy accident today for Brackenpaw. “I’m going to make sure you know where your loyalties lie, maybe if you would stop being so mousebrained and think you wouldn’t have shamed yourself before.” he hissed, voice quivering slightly for Shatteredpaw’s shame was also his. His brother had acted out of line, had embarrassed him when he asked for this favour. Mistflower was a good warrior, but she wasn’t great. She lacked compared to Sunfire, and even if Brackenpaw liked Mistflower on a personal level, he had already decided Honeypaw would not get the battle training that would keep her alive from a cat that was softbellied.

Brackenpaw’s feet shifted, and suddenly the slow crawl he had been circling his brother with had become a leaping attack. He slammed into Shatteredpaw, large paws connecting with his chest and slammed his brother into the ground. Blue eyes glared down at Shatteredpaw as he continued to struggle beneath him, and Brackenpaw snarled applying extra pressure and slamming him back down again, sure his brother would remain pinned.

Brackenpaw used Leap and Hold on Shatteredpaw dealing - 6 HP and costing - 15 SP Shatteredpaw is stunned

Brackenpaw
14/20 HP
45/ 60 SP (- 15 SP)

Shatteredpaw
14/20 HP
46/60 SP

Last edited by Midnee on Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15105

on fire within [o] Empty
PostSubject: Re: on fire within [o]   on fire within [o] EmptyWed Jan 10, 2024 2:25 am

The member 'Midnee' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 2

on fire within [o] Mistpe10
on fire within [o] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Charlee_Cat

Charlee_Cat

Characters : Rosekit
Number of posts : 46

on fire within [o] Empty
PostSubject: Re: on fire within [o]   on fire within [o] EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 1:51 am

Rosepaw had been looking forward to this training session from the moment Sunfire had told her he was organizing it. Granted, she was much older than all of the other apprentices, and if not for her long absence, she would be a warrior by now, but Rosepaw didn't mind. Training was for the betterment of the clan, not just the individual, and she'd had more than enough personal training during her ordeal. Besides, this was simply too good an opportunity for Rosepaw to get to know the other apprentices for her to want to miss it.

Rosepaw was beyond shocked as she watched Shatteredpaw's dealings with Sunfire. For any cat, let alone an apprentice, to speak to her mentor that way... still, it was satisfying to watch the cocky apprentice put in the dirt. Perhaps the brash young tom would learn a lesson, and if not, Rosepaw was sure that Sunfire would be happy to teach it again. Hopefully Honeypaw would see that Sunfire only wished to help. It would be good for her to grow from her obvious dependence on Brackenpaw.

With Shatteredpaw's dramatics over, Rosepaw turned to her sparring partner, Bearpaw. Rosepaw knew very little about him, except that he was the medicine cat's apprentice and Sunfire's son. Even a short look told Rosepaw that he was a cat who would rather be anywhere else. She couldn't exactly blame him; he'd been clearly working his tail off combating the sickness that still stormed through camp. Perhaps if she showed extra enthusiasm, she could boost the tom-cat's spirits.

Rosepaw took a step towards Bearpaw, tail held high. "Shall we move over there and begin?" she meowed in a tone she hoped sounded inviting, gesturing to a spot a short distance away from the other pairs.

Rosepaw
SkyClan Apprentice
#9900CC
Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

on fire within [o] Empty
PostSubject: Re: on fire within [o]   on fire within [o] EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 8:51 pm

Sunfire didn't miss the way Shatteredpaw batted his tail away, or the hot anger that was simmering behind the apprentice's stare as their gazes locked, blue on yellow. Nothing he knew of his nephew's personality had led him to believe he'd be easy to train, but this was unexpected. The warrior didn't blink until Shatteredpaw looked away, and if Sunfire had been a cat prone to unease, it might have raised his hackles.

With the brothers now occupied in sparring, Sunfire turned his attentions back to Honeypaw. She seemed eager... excited, almost, and the tip of his tail twitched with interest. Perhaps he'd make a warrior out of her, yet.

"Very well." He turned and led her further back into the clearing, away from the already-sparring pairs. Turning to face her now, Sunfire crouched, assuming the typical battle stance: straight, weight spread across all fours, but ready to move in any direction at a moment's notice. "See this position I'm in? Copy me, to the best of your ability."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

on fire within [o] Empty
PostSubject: Re: on fire within [o]   on fire within [o] Empty

Back to top Go down

on fire within [o]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next