Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Mountains out of molehills (open to wc)

Go down 
+2
uwubers
Ice
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ice

Ice

Characters : Fuzzface, Curlyfluff, Sweetheart, Molehill
Clan/Rank : (F)WC/T5, (C)TC/T5, (S)TC/T2, (M)WC/T2
Libra Dragon
Number of posts : 5884

Mountains out of molehills (open to wc) Empty
PostSubject: Mountains out of molehills (open to wc)   Mountains out of molehills (open to wc) EmptyMon 11 Dec 2023, 8:24 pm

With half of his body deep in a burrow that he’d been working on to house some of the sick, Molehill’s rump stuck up in the air out of the hole and his short fuzzy tail swished back and forth happily. His claws tore against the soft earth below, shooting out dirt behind him with each swipe, and the plump tom sang a tune that he’d recently come up with. "Two lovers, forbidden from one another... a war divides their clanmates," he sang softly as he continued to dig. He wasn’t quite sure who the song was for, but the lyrics had come to him as if from a dream and he happened to find it catchy. So, while he’d been put to work he’d been fleshing out the lyrics bit by bit.

Using his round body to his advantage, he stood on his tippy toes and pressed his back up against the roof of the hole to keep it from collapsing on him while also helping to form the small cavern-like space. Hopefully once they got some moss and grass in here as bedding, his clanmates would be able to rest more peacefully knowing they had a safe and secure place to sleep. “And a mountain divides them apart,” Molehill hummed to himself, doing his best to remember the rest of the song.

gym rat    crazy poodle lady    mst

Mountains out of molehills (open to wc) VHQrlk5
Mountains out of molehills (open to wc) 1QYZaRo

Mountains out of molehills (open to wc) Molex311
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 709

PostSubject: Re: Mountains out of molehills (open to wc)   Mountains out of molehills (open to wc) EmptyTue 12 Dec 2023, 12:32 pm

(First post!! Please lmk if I'm doing this wrong.)

Galekit

Galekit peered out of the makeshift nursery. The sun was bright, the air cold, unfamiliar scents sharp as they poured over his scent glands. This was his first excursion outside the confines of the nursery. He blinked sleep from his eyes and set a paw out onto the cold, hard ground.

Cats, so many cats everywhere, Galekit thought with surprise. I had no idea the clan was this huge! On wobbly legs, squinting against the light, and using his ears more than anything else, he made his way towards the sound of a melodic purring tune.

Suddenly, the ground disappeared from under his paws and he tumbled down into a small hole. Galekit yowled as he was face-to-face with another, much larger cat. The source of the sound, he guessed. He scrabbled away from the unfamiliar tom.

"I'm sorry," he mewed, looking up at the large brown cat with his huge amber orbs, flecked with blue. "Are you a warrior?" he asked, unable to conceal his curiosity. "Why are you digging that hole? What's that song you're singing?" The words came pouring out of his mouth before he had much of a chance to think about them.
name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC

Last edited by uwubers on Tue 12 Dec 2023, 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7390

PostSubject: Re: Mountains out of molehills (open to wc)   Mountains out of molehills (open to wc) EmptyTue 12 Dec 2023, 2:59 pm

Eveningpaw had been watching Molehill in a bit of awe - she had always been curious by the burrower lifestyle. The apprentice was seeking any sort of distraction she could muster from her pain - her sister, despite how sick she was, had managed to leave camp and now she was... The thought of her sister being gone - even if they didn't know what happened to her - made the corner of her eyes burn as she fought back the tears. Smallstar, Jayfrost, Finchspeckle...How much was this territory going to rob them in return for the simple fact they could fill their bellies once more?

She shook her head. It was no use crying over it, the cats had searched everywhere they could for the first two before Finchspeckle had joined their numbers in absence... She...She knew there wouldn't likely be an answer to what had happened to her sister and she hated it - just when she was trying to reach out to her after growing so distance as apprentices. Finchspeckle had been the better of the two - getting her warrior name so swiftly despite the fact they were littermates... She couldn't help but feel shame that WindClan was stuck with the lesser of the two.

But... Her eyes focused once more on the entrance of Molehill's hole as she fought off the tears that were blurring her vision. What he was doing - digging...It was a way of providing for WindClan she hadn't quite realized existed - or well, how useful it was until Molehill had wasted no time digging dens for them along with a few others. Her gaze fell down to her paws, flexing her claws with a frown. She...She wasn't sure if she had the strength for digging, but she was small - more than she should have been, thanks to the lack of food until recently but...Maybe... Maybe Molehill would-

Her thought was cut off at a surprise yowl of a kit, gaze snapping up to see a small tail disappearing into the den that Molehill was working on. She hopped to her paws quickly as she crossed the distanced, peering into the entrance to see a small kit - Galekit, she was pretty sure - staring up at the newly named warrior. "That's Molehill," Eveningpaw meowed, settling down near the entrance of Molehill's current project - it wouldn't do for another cat to stumble into it. "He is a newly named warrior, but a warrior all the same! And I am Eveningpaw!" she added with a purr, before she looked at the tom - younger than her, yet still a warrior before her...

Another mark of shame for her, she suppose but she hid the bitterness behind a soft smile. "I'm curious about that tune as well, where did you learn it?" she asked, laying her head down on her paws to get a better look at the progress that Molehill had made so far.

Mountains out of molehills (open to wc) ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon
TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Ishtar

Ishtar

Characters : Tallshadow, Daisyfang, Cricketpaw
Clan/Rank : (T)WindClan Warrior[T3] (D)WindClan MC[T1] (C)SkyClan Apprentice
Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: Mountains out of molehills (open to wc)   Mountains out of molehills (open to wc) EmptyTue 12 Dec 2023, 4:18 pm

Daisypaw lay in the sunshine outside the medicine den, one ear twitched back to listen for any sound of distress from her sick clanmates, but it was more of the same. Wheezing breaths and thready heartbeats, sounds that made her heart ache. At least her temporary breakthroughs had eased their symptoms somewhat. It still didn’t feel like enough. She lifted her head at the yowling of a kit, and shook her head fondly as she saw Molehill’s tail poking out from the earth. Getting to her paws, she made her way over, blinking a soft greeting to Eveningpaw.  “He’s been humming that tune since we were kits.” She purred, finding some space to stretch out next to the calico. She made sure to keep a buffer between them, the last thing she wanted was to get Eveningpaw sick and rob the clan of the few healthy sets of paws they had left.  “Though it’s the first time I’ve heard the words. They’re not bad.” She shot her brother a teasing glance, but her smile was thin at best. Still, it was nice to take a break from sorting and recounting and rationing her herbs over and over again. The brisk air felt nice after the dim warmth of the medicine den, even if the chill was merciless against her thinning coat.  

“Hello Galekit, already finding trouble?” The bi-colored molly purred, flicking her white-tipped tail in greeting.  “Be careful next time, I don’t want to be treating you for a twisted paw.” She scolded gently. She laid her head down in the grass, watching Molehill work and soaking up the weak sunshine. If her limbs were not so heavy, or the haze of exhaustion so thick she would help him. She loved the feel of the cool soil against her claws almost as much as her brother, but it took enough of her fever-sapped energy to leave the medicine den, so she would watch for now.

Rank up:
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Mountains out of molehills (open to wc)   Mountains out of molehills (open to wc) EmptyTue 12 Dec 2023, 6:10 pm

Happiness comes the way the wind blows

Sootstorm had been watching his former apprentice work from outside the warrior's den, tail curled around his paws as he watched other cats gather around to form a small crowd. It was assuring to find that even in such difficult times, his clanmates had the time to enjoy each other's company. After watching for a little while longer, the deputy finally pushed himself to his paws and padded over. Sootstorm dipped his head in greeting to the rest of the group, then flicked Galekit's ear playfully and purred teasingly, "what's this? A kit getting in trouble? Oh, I'd feel so bad if I had to punish someone today."

Ice

Characters : Fuzzface, Curlyfluff, Sweetheart, Molehill
Clan/Rank : (F)WC/T5, (C)TC/T5, (S)TC/T2, (M)WC/T2
Libra Dragon
Number of posts : 5884

PostSubject: Re: Mountains out of molehills (open to wc)   Mountains out of molehills (open to wc) EmptyTue 12 Dec 2023, 11:06 pm

One moment he was digging alone peacefully and the next there was a kit falling into his den. Surprised by the little bundle of fur that had come tumbling in, Molehill let out an audible gasp before jumping back. "Careful!" he mewed to the kit in a worried manner. This was no place for a kit to be playing, especially with the roof not being done and thus still unstable. Listening as the kit rambled on with questions, the warrior swiftly picked up Galekit by the scruff. Turning around, he placed him gently outside of the den, just in time to see a gathering crowd of his family and clanmates. Well, he assumed that's who they all were by their voices and scents. For a moment, every-cat's figures were a bit blurry but it didn't take long for his eyes to adjust so that he could see every-cat more clearly than before. Great stars, he really needed to get more rest apparently.

"It- it's a den, for whoever needs it," he mewed in reply to one of Galekit's questions. Luckily for him, the others had managed to beat him to answering the rest of the kit's questions, though of course the question about his little tune had yet to be fully answered. "I just recently put lyrics to it," Molehill added softly. For a moment, he contemplated simply going back to digging, but then it dawned on him; he had some of his clanmates gathered, so what better time than this to share the rest of his song? Perhaps he'd even get some feedback on it. Of course, singing in front of others wasn't exactly his strong suit, nor was he entirely confident about such a decision and knew if he didn't go for it now, his nerves would surely take over and he'd stick his head back down into his hole.

"You guys missed the rest of it, so uh, here." Well, here went nothing, he supposed. "Two lovers, forbidden from one another, a war divides their people. And a mountain divides them apart, built a path to be together," he began to sing, moving his gaze through the small clowder of cats that sat and laid around him while he stood down in the burrow he'd begun. 'So good so far,' Molehill thought, doing his best to reassure himself. "Yeah... and I forget the next couple of lines, but then it goes..." the brown warrior sang before taking a deep breath and proceeded to belt at the top of his lungs; "Secret tunnel! Secret tunnel! Through the mountain! Secret, secret, secret, secret tunnnneeelllllll!" he yodeled, raising his head to the sky before looking back at his clanmates, his lungs heaving. 'Dear StarClan I pray they don't think I'm crazy or somethin.'

gym rat    crazy poodle lady    mst

Mountains out of molehills (open to wc) VHQrlk5
Mountains out of molehills (open to wc) 1QYZaRo

Mountains out of molehills (open to wc) Molex311
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Mountains out of molehills (open to wc)   Mountains out of molehills (open to wc) EmptyWed 13 Dec 2023, 1:07 am

Happiness comes the way the wind blows

Sootstorm raised his head as Molehill began singing. It was beautiful, almost haunting. A song of two forbidden lovers... if he didn't know better, he'd think his former apprentice was involved with some affair with a cat from another Clan, but Molehill was too kind and sweet to betray his family like that. "It's beautiful. You should sing more," He purred once the brown tom had finished, green eyes shining with warmth.

Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9981

PostSubject: Re: Mountains out of molehills (open to wc)   Mountains out of molehills (open to wc) EmptyWed 13 Dec 2023, 4:26 am

Tigerdance had been resting in his own.. well hole near by. The cool dirt doing wonders for his fever, lessening the heat he was feeling significantly, and if he got to cold then the sun was warming him right back up. It was a delicate balance that he finally managed to achieve, and the striped leader was so close to drifting off, at least that was until Molehill's scream singing startled the tom away, causing him to sit upright immediately. Green eyes looking around making sure they weren't under attack before finally finding the source of everything.

"Thanks for the scare." The tom grumbled, slowly settling back down, tucking his paws underneath him. At this point sleep wasn't going to happen anytime soon considering his heart rate was still up. Of course his deputy spoke up afterwards, causing Tigerdance to give him a harmless glare. "Don't encourage him."

Windclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Thunderclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1 ✦ Kit

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 709

PostSubject: Re: Mountains out of molehills (open to wc)   Mountains out of molehills (open to wc) EmptyWed 13 Dec 2023, 7:46 am

(I laughed SO HARD when I woke up this morning and read that it's the Secret Tunnel song from ATLA)

Galekit

Galekit let himself be picked up and placed outside. Once sat down, he shook the dust from his fur and turned to the pretty young she-cat that had approached, alongside the WindClan medicine cat apprentice. "Hello, Eveningpaw, Daisypaw!"  he squeaked, and tried to smooth down the tuft of fur sticking up on the top of his head, to no avail. At Daisypaw's scolding, he looked up at her with huge amber eyes. "I'm sorry Daisypaw. I will look where I'm going next time, I promise!"

And as if things couldn't get any worse, the clan deputy, Sootstorm, had walked up on the group as well. Burning hot beneath his fur, Galekit turned his eyes down to his paws and mewed, "I didn't mean to, Sootstorm, I promise! I was just going to explore the camp and I fell in." He glanced up to meet the deputy's eyes. I'm going to need to do a lot better, he thought to himself, if I'm going to be like him one day!

To Molehill he turned and said, "I didn't know cats dug holes!" he looked past the brown tom again at the to-be den and listened to the rest of the song. His ears pricked up, all hot embarassment gone now, as he imagined cats digging holes through the mountain to be together. His tiny jaws gaped as Molehill finished his song loudly, and caught Tigerdance nearby acting grouchy... as usual, he thought, not unkindly. Though he was still too young to really understand, Morningmoon had warned Galekit to trod carefully and be respectful towards Tigerdance because he was dealing with a lot, with Smallstar having gone... somewhere. The old deputy did look exhausted, he noted.

"Molehill," the kit started, "That's a really cool song! Did the Clans dig holes through the mountains to come here?" he tilted his head to one side questioningly.

name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7390

PostSubject: Re: Mountains out of molehills (open to wc)   Mountains out of molehills (open to wc) EmptyThu 04 Jan 2024, 9:03 pm

Eveningpaw's ears perked at the sound of paws approaching, turning to see Daisypaw coming to a stop next to her as she explained a bit about the tune. Eveningpaw nodded, a little surprised - she had heard bird songs out in the field but...Cats singing their own? It was curious...But rather sweet, she couldn't deny. Soon enough, even Sootstorm arrived, playfully batting Galekit's ear. Any greeting she was going to tell the deputy was quickly silenced by Molehill deciding to share the rest of the song - before a small muffled laugh escaped her. He had forgotten the lines to his own song? It wasn't something worth mentioning out loud but it did make her smile at how...Unabashedly himself that Molehill was.

Her tail thumped the ground behind her in approval - any words she wanted to give was caught in her throat - mostly when her attention was drawn to Tigerdance who seemed not amused by it. She could only give her mentor a sheepish grin, glancing down at Galekit as the kit chose to pepper Molehill with questions. For a heartbeat, she thought about answering - she was actually older than Molehill and had been an apprentice the entire journey after all but yet still her words failed her - there was just so many people now that she could only lay her head on her paws as she waited to hear what explanation the others would offer to the kit's wonder.

Mountains out of molehills (open to wc) ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon
TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Ishtar

Ishtar

Characters : Tallshadow, Daisyfang, Cricketpaw
Clan/Rank : (T)WindClan Warrior[T3] (D)WindClan MC[T1] (C)SkyClan Apprentice
Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: Mountains out of molehills (open to wc)   Mountains out of molehills (open to wc) EmptyFri 05 Jan 2024, 12:08 pm

Daisypaw watched Molehill break into song, whiskers twitching in amusement. She purred happily in support, even if it was kind of terrible. She was just enthused her gentle brother was confident enough to sing for his clanmates, as silly as the song was. The bi-colored did not appreciate her leader’s cynicism however. Unabashedly Daisypaw pinned her ears at Tigerdance, leveling him with a glare of her own, as if to dare the older tom to say one more negative thing about Molehill’s singing. She relented when Galekit started his interrogation, clearly amused at his curiosity. It was a good trait, to be curious, to want to engage with everything. “No cats didn’t dig through mountains to get here, we walked over them for days. It was a long journey.” She answered, gently flicking Eveningpaw’s hip with her tail in silent support. So much had happened since then, and very little of it had been good.

Rank up:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mountains out of molehills (open to wc)   Mountains out of molehills (open to wc) Empty

Back to top Go down

Mountains out of molehills (open to wc)
Page 1 of 1