Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

let us begin [closed]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4940

let us begin [closed] Empty
PostSubject: let us begin [closed]   let us begin [closed] EmptyThu 8 Jun 2023 - 6:12

Egretswoop
“I can see much from the clouds above.”

Egretswoop's mind had been a rolling thunder of persistent confliction. What would be best to start her apprentice with? How could she best explain the concepts, when she herself didn't truly know how to explain then, but simply... knew? What had Rowansong started her out with? Would sparring be best, or would fishing, where they could both hone their ability to dart a paw into the water to provide for the clan? Did Mothpaw even want to train with Egretswoop? Had Poppyshine made a mistake in picking her as a mentor? All of those thoughts seemed to continue, only to abruptly turn towards the next, and sometimes circle back towards a previous one that had floated by in her mind what felt like ages ago. On top of all of this, the pale molly hardly had the ability to keep her mind clear of all the addled distractions of the world around her. Riverclan's rushing streams seemed even louder than usual, with the fauna particularly chittering loudly on the otherwise beautiful day. The vibrant flora's scent felt particularly strong that no matter whether Egretswoop held her jaw closed or open, it seemed keen on prodding at her senses with a distracting paw. Pay attention to me! Look at me! I am beautiful! Each distraction pulled at her pelt, at her ears, her eyes, her nose. She just had to go through them, one by one.

Pressing her nose into part of the fox fur that had clung to her frame, Egretswoop neatly placed it atop her nest in the warrior's den before going to search for her apprentice. The feathery molly had done her best to memorize the young she-cat's appearance, etching all of it into memory that she could. "Mothpaw, are you ready to train?" Her voice would ask softly once she had found the particular clanmate in question. "Is there any particular skill you look forward to learning?" Perhaps that would be her help - see where Mothpaw wanted to go. If there was a vague answer about 'everything' or 'nothing,' then the mentor would do her best to take the lead.

code by kiiko • edited by kitty

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Moth

Moth

Characters : Mothpaw | Sorrelpaw | Nettlepaw
Clan/Rank : RC Apprentice | SkC Apprentice | TC Apprentice
Aquarius Cat
Number of posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: let us begin [closed]   let us begin [closed] EmptyThu 15 Jun 2023 - 14:57

ꕀ Mothpaw ꕀ

riverclan
apprentice
Mothpaw had been padding around the camp, trying to make use of her time when she caught a familiar face approaching. Her paws twitched in excitement as the white pelt of her mentor came into view, aware that they were to start training. With the way she approached, it could have only spelled one thing; they were leaving the confines of camp.

The apprentice was relieved in a way, when she sensed her mentor’s nerves. It made her feel less alone in her worries, more connected to her mentor. They were nervous together. This was Egretswoop’s first experience as a mentor — and Mothpaw’s first experience as an apprentice.

If she’s nervous, should I be a mess? The apprentice shook her head, flashing her mentor a smile.

“I’ve been sleeping funny I've been so excited.” StarClan she sounded like a kit. Calm down. What do you feel strongest teaching? She almost asked, biting her tongue before she could speak. What did she want to learn, most of all? Using her claws, no doubt, was the most important skill of all. Whether used on another cat, or to strike at prey; which would she prefer picking up the basics of first? As she considered, the cool river came into the forefront of her mind, the rushing water catching her ears. The Clan always needed feeding and if she could learn how to provide for them, she could at least be useful now. “I’ve always liked the sound of the river. The proper river, where fish come from!”

Last edited by Moth on Fri 23 Jun 2023 - 9:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: let us begin [closed]   let us begin [closed] EmptyFri 16 Jun 2023 - 15:49

Egretswoop

It was almost... heartwarming to see her apprentice be so excited. The pale molly couldn't help but remember her own first day, where fear had seemed to win out over the excitement that still had rippled even beneath her own pelt. In no way would the new mentor attempt to ever squash that excitement. It was a precious little thing, and to even so much as scratch it would easily leave Egretswoop devastated. As she was about to reply, the sound of a bird flittered past, ultimately drawing away the warrior's attention for just a moment to track the new sound that had suddenly stolen all of her focus. When she was nervous, she was more easily distracted. Licking her chest in a twinge of embarrassment, Mothpaw continued on with her answer. It gave Egretswoop an idea now, too.

With a nod, she adjusted their course just slightly. They'd go towards the river, but particularly towards one of the bends that was safer. It still certainly had fish that swam through, but should her apprentice fall in, it had just enough depth that Mothpaw would easily be able to push off of its base to bring herself back to the surface. Safety was something that she also had to worry about, too. As an apprentice, there was something about being used to others taking care of her that made her almost a bit prone towards recklessness. Towards giving in to all of the sounds and smells that seemed to distract her. But she was a warrior now, and she had to watch for Mothpaw. In case anything happened... she wanted the damage to be minimal. "We shall go towards part of the river then, and we can learn to catch fish." She nodded.

Her light-yellow eyes seemed to always be scanning as they walked, snagging on whatever vibrant fleck of life made itself known. "Did you know that we are the only Clan that fishes?" She prompted, the fact rolling off of her tongue much like the ripple of a wave. "We do not only get our name from the fact that we live near the rivers, or that we swim. In fact, the river is in almost all parts of our life." She further elaborated. If she spoke, it meant that she couldn't hear anything else to steal her attention. To make her look like a bad mentor.

Quickly enough, the river came into view. Egretswoop took her spot on the edge, her tail curling to make a place for Mothpaw to join beside her. "The first thing you will need to learn about fishing is where to sit, though. Instinct will guide a lot for you. But you must learn how to control your shadow. Fish will be afraid of it, so if you can sit how we are now - looking in, but we cannot see the shadow of ourselves - you will have an easier time catching prey." Even as the anxiety of whether or not she gave instructions properly seemed to come and go, Egretswoop had to trust her apprentice would ask if any of it was unclear. "Wait to see if a fish comes close by, then..." As she waited for scales, her ears and whiskers twitched. It was as if all of her senses had gone to focusing on the water, to penetrating its surface to find her prey.

As soon as scales came by, her paw darted in. This was where instinct took hold for her, and she scooped it up with her claws. Keeping them dug into its gill, she followed it through with her movement, ultimately ending its life on the shoreline with the way her claw swiped away. "Follow your instincts. If you can, aim for the gill. It is where the fish breathes, and is the side that sits a half-paw away from every fish's eye. You can grab it easiest there, and end its life there too. Would you like to try?"

Egretswoop attempts to catch a fish. Success! -3 SP

Last edited by Kitty on Fri 16 Jun 2023 - 15:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15066

PostSubject: Re: let us begin [closed]   let us begin [closed] EmptyFri 16 Jun 2023 - 15:49

The member 'Kitty' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 4

let us begin [closed] Mistpe10
let us begin [closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Moth

Moth

Aquarius Cat

PostSubject: Re: let us begin [closed]   let us begin [closed] EmptyFri 23 Jun 2023 - 8:07

ꕀ Mothpaw ꕀ

riverclan
apprentice

Mothpaw watched as the she-cat paid a few licks to her chest, though soon fidgeted on her paws as she nodded. Did that mean they would see the river? She purred as Egretswoop confirmed, heading off towards the river bend at her mentor’s side. Fishing! She had heard the river was a dangerous place when not paying attention but did not discriminate for careful cats either. Mothpaw decided, as she padded with a bounce to her step, she would be extra careful. She felt safe under the warrior’s watch and was still naive enough to believe she truly couldn't be hurt that badly.

“I love fish. That’s a shame– but means more for us, right?” Mothpaw commented, listening to the white she-cat, “it protects us, doesn't it?" The apprentice spoke softly, half listening as she admired the water that slowly came into view. She had never seen it properly before, taking a moment to admire what her ancestors had before her.

Mothpaw stepped towards the spot Egretswoop had carved out with her tail, nestling beside the white cat. She nodded to show her mentor she was listening, eyes fixed on the water as she explained the importance of position on the riverbank. She turned her head as Egretswoop trailed off, noting the focused expression. Oh, she was fishing! Mothpaw watched her mentor’s paw dart into the water, triumphantly pulling out a fish. She made it look so easy.

There’s so many rules. The new information swarmed her mind, nodding as Egretswoop asked if she would like to try. Mothpaw’s chest fluttered as she peered into the river, concerned she would forget a step or embarrass herself. She tried to position herself in a similar fashion to Egretswoop, fighting her instinctive urge to hang over the riverbank and stare in. So I wait to see if a fish comes by…The apprentice studied the water, her eyes darting to the slightest ripple on the surface. She was getting nervous now, her tail tip twitching behind her. Every moment felt as though it would never end, as if to taunt her. Mothpaw held her breath, feeling her front paws twitch as one or two shadows would appear and disappear at intervals, not yet drawing close enough. RiverClan ran in her blood, surely it should be instinct? In her excitement watching the fish, Mothpaw nearly sent herself into the river after them; she steadied herself on the riverbank, darting her paw into the water almost as soon as a shadow approached close enough. She felt something– a fish! Success was not guaranteed as she struggled to sink her claws in, eventually catching her claws on the scales and drew her paw back, throwing the fish onto the riverbank. There was little grace in her actions, watching as it writhed desperately on land. Oh, right! Mothpaw clawed the fish’s gills, turning to face her mentor once she was satisfied it had been ended. She was almost breathless, standing proudly behind her first catch.

Last edited by Moth on Fri 23 Jun 2023 - 9:12; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15066

PostSubject: Re: let us begin [closed]   let us begin [closed] EmptyFri 23 Jun 2023 - 8:07

The member 'Moth' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 1

let us begin [closed] Mistpe10
let us begin [closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: let us begin [closed]   let us begin [closed] EmptyFri 23 Jun 2023 - 15:06

Egretswoop

Egretswoop gave a purring nod towards the comment of her apprentice. Quiet enough affirmation to not hurt her own ears. They seemed to remain on a near-constant swivel towards the river, acting to follow the movement of fish that followed the current just a bit too far away to be worthy to attempt to catch. Her gaze would snap between the pool of water and the apprentice beside her, whose breathing she'd also found to be a sort of melody that fell in-time with the movement of the stream in front of the two of them.

Trickle, breath... trickle, breath...

It was a game of patience. One that she herself had to play, her own paws seemingly ready to twitch whenever Mothpaw's did. One had skimmered by that could have been an easy catch for the more experienced molly, but it was a wise choice on Mothpaw's end not to attempt to go after it. Until...

The moment she saw that little shadow approaching, she knew. Silently, the mentor side-stepped away to give her apprentice as much room as possible to be successful. Those instincts came out just as Egretswoop knew they would, pulling the fish onto land. Her maw parted to give instructions, but closed in a personal reminder to herself. Mothpaw had to do this on her own. She had to use her own body's abilities. Once the fish was ended, the smile that had already started to form now curled Egretswoop's maw to a wide smile.

"Congratulations, Mothpaw! You did very well." In praise, the pale molly approached, placing her nose atop the apprentice's forehead. "We will certainly sharpen those skills, and you already are on your way to being a fantastic warrior. Take a moment to catch your breath, you did it." It was a moment to also allow the apprentice to catch her breath. Understandably, it took some effort.

"Would you like me to show you the beginnings of a spar, or shall we return to camp~? I believe it would be more than fitting to show off your catch."

Back to top Go down
Moth

Moth

Aquarius Cat

PostSubject: Re: let us begin [closed]   let us begin [closed] EmptyMon 26 Jun 2023 - 15:42

ꕀ Mothpaw ꕀ

riverclan
apprentice

The apprentice felt a rush of pride as her mentor praised her, leaning into the nose against her head. Her mentor hadn’t needed to intervene, nor had she been corrected. She wanted to bask in the praise as she did the sun. Fantastic. Mothpaw’s smile had shifted into a grin, nodding tightly. Her breaths came back slowly, glancing between her catch and Egretswoop. 

“Thank you— I hope I can make you and the Clan proud.” She purred. She desperately wanted to show her catch off to camp, but she was also aware of the importance of training and that they would return to camp regardless of what was decided, “I’m ready for either! What do you think?” 

Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: let us begin [closed]   let us begin [closed] EmptySat 1 Jul 2023 - 8:13

Egretswoop

The molly contemplated what course of action would be best for her apprentice, for the both of them. On one paw, they easily could keep going. On the other... there was the scent of a storm now on the wind, tickling the very edges of the warrior's senses. Her head seemed to snap in the direction it was coming from, ears and body fully alert for the invisible threat. It wasn't even that much of a threat, it was simply a new set of stimuli among the other sea of sensations that perpetually bombarded Egretswoop on the daily. Her ears and whiskers twitched with every new thing as her focus seemed to entirely zap away from Mothpaw for just a moment, the warrior now fully assessing the area. Taking quite literally everything in.

After a few heartbeats, Egretswoop shook her head, physically using the act to ground herself out of the all-too-distracting forest. Her own heart was racing, thundering for some Stars-known reason. "Let us go show off your catch, and take a small break. We can go out later today--I can smell rain on its way." With the decision made, her tail motioned for Mothpaw to pick up her catch so they could head back to camp. No doubt did the apprentice still have the energy to go right into a spar, but truth be told, the mentor needed a moment or two to clear her own mind. Not by any of her apprentice's doing, but by the flicker of anxieties that had seemed to sink their talons directly into the back of her mind. No doubt would the molly be just fine... she just hoped Mothpaw wouldn't take it as an offense.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: let us begin [closed]   let us begin [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

let us begin [closed]
Page 1 of 1