Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Hard Loss

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2840

A Hard Loss Empty
PostSubject: A Hard Loss   A Hard Loss EmptyMon 21 Mar 2022 - 19:43

OOC: takes place right after this
https://warriorclancats.forumotion.com/t47120-a-second-meeting-closed-for-arcana

IC:

Softfall was badly deafeted at the riverclan border as much as he hated to admit it. He was not a smart cat... however he was still smart enough to know he needed to get to the med den... if left untreated his wounds would only get worse and the risk of infection was to dangerous to go unchecked. Wincing he limped his way back to camp he was still very angry but he was angry at himself that he had failed to win his fight against his foe. Riverclan had bested him as much as that pained him to admit. Soon enough sunningrocks would be theirs again though he was sure of it.

He was getting close to camp but his wounds stung badly and his fur was a bit matted with blood he did his best to clean up before going in... he didnt need alot of attention over this. Glancing around the clearing he made a quick dart to the med den and poked his head in.

... hmm if only he knew which herbs healed wounds like this... then he wouldnt have to explain anything to anyone. but for now he would need a med cat. He was exhausted and was starting to get really dizzy he slumped down to one of the patient nests that was there. "hello?" he called out, his voice sounded tired and defeated which was unusual for the overconfident tom. "Dovefrost... Fawnpaw??"
he meowed out

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1477

A Hard Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Hard Loss   A Hard Loss EmptyTue 22 Mar 2022 - 4:08

As the metallic smell of blood, though partly dried, hit her nostrils, Fawnpaw's fur stood on end. "Sorry, Dovefrost's currently away." She'd lift her head away from the shelves of herbs, making sure to grab the necessities before trotting up to Softfall with utter shock. With a few sniffs, she continued. "What happened? You have scents of RiverClan all over you," Her eyes narrowed at the warrior, and sharply, she flicked her tail, leading him to a free nest. "Stay still. It'll sting a bit, but it'll help prevent infections."

She'd give the warrior a moment to answer, pausing, before examining his sides for further wounds. Most were, fortunately, none that she couldn't treat, but Fawnpaw was curious for further questions either way. "I don't think Stoatstar would be very pleased to know that you've gotten yourself involved with a RiverClan cat. The ghost-like cats are... er, enough already, I think," The tip of her tail twitched. Chewing horsetail and marigold into a poultice, she'd made sure to have cleaned his wounds, then applied them to his injuries each. Finishing it with wrapped cobwebs, she sat down, now waiting for him to explain everything else.

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

A Hard Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Hard Loss   A Hard Loss EmptyTue 22 Mar 2022 - 8:02

Softfall looked down at his paws ashamed as she spoke... she was right too Stoatstar would have a fit if he were to find out about this. It would likely land him in alot of trouble if Fawnpaw decided to tell on him. He had been thinking if maybe he could tell her it was a badger ... but lying to a medicine cat was probably not the best idea ... plus he knew literally nothing about medicine...could she tell that these were cat wounds ... hmm probably and she had already picked up on the riverclan scent.

Sighing he glanced at her "yes I think your right... stoatstar would not be pleased at all" he agreed. He held her gaze for a bit "not to worry though... this was all just a bit of a .... misunderstanding" he explained.

He flinched a little at the sting of the herbs being applied but knew that this was much needed. "Thank you" he murmured. He watched carefully as to what she was doing... if he ever needed to patch himself up after another riverclan run in he would need to remember this... and he would prefer not to always have to explain why he was so beaten up to the medicine cats who probably would not approve of his methods of fighting against riverclan.

"I would ermm... appreciate if we kept this quiet" he added on glancing at her curious to see what her answer to that would be... as apprentices they had gone hunting once but he didnt know her all that well... her answer to this would tell him alot more about her though.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

A Hard Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Hard Loss   A Hard Loss EmptyWed 23 Mar 2022 - 23:52

She flicked her ear, raising a brow (if that's even possible for cats?) in suspicion at Softfall. He'd ignored her question— only telling that it was a 'misunderstanding', and not the full tale of it. And although she wanted to trust him, keeping this quiet was a different story. "And I'll appreciate it if you could tell me what happened first," She spoke, "And if it's not that major, maybe I'd keep it quiet. MCAs aren't supposed to lie, after all." Although her voice had been firm, with a slow blink and a small, teasing smirk, Fawnpaw waited for Softfall's reply.

"Warriors aren't supposed to lie, either," The young molly silently added, carefully placing the excess herbs she'd taken out back on the shelf for later use. Wasting herbs wasn't something she wanted to do.

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

A Hard Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Hard Loss   A Hard Loss EmptyThu 24 Mar 2022 - 15:19

Softfall glanced at her while she spoke and he quickly thought about his options...'

hmm he could either lie and say that Riverclan had invaded...

or he could tell the truth and say that he had actively sought out a fight with one of them.

not an easy decision to make and she was waiting for his answer still.

He loved Thunderclan it was his whole motivation to try and push thunderclan back to stability that had made him do all these acts of violence. He should not be ashamed to tell her what he did since it was all for the good of the clan! Thunderclan was starving after all and Riverclan was to blame in his mind. Everything had been justified in his mind so he saw no reason to lie about it since she kept pressing him on it anyways. ...

If Fawnpaw went crying to Stoatstar he would just have to deal with whatever came with that so be it! However he was willing to bet that deep down Stoatstar was angry at riverclan too he just needed an excuse to attack them and soon Sunningrocks would belong to its rightful owner again.

Looking her dead in the eyes he gave his answer with all this reasoning in mind

"I went to the border I saw a Riverclan cat nearby at sunningrocks and attacked her straight up unprovoked!" he hissed

"Sunningrocks is ours and if Stoatstar will not take action on it then I will... my duty is to protect this clan and I will." he continued.

He flicked his tail pointing towards the apprentice and warrior den "Look at our clanmates Fawnpaw... they are literally growing skinnier and weaker by the day... now im no med cat but that cannot be good for us to constantly be starved out because of having no land" he reasoned with her.

"if this keeps up too much longer we wont have the opportunity to challenge Riverclan at all...Everything I am doing here is for my clan! This breaks no code at all he said trying to convince himself just as much as convince Fawnpaw.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

A Hard Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Hard Loss   A Hard Loss EmptyFri 25 Mar 2022 - 18:48

At his hiss, her fur bristled, eyes widened in offense. "You shouldn't hiss at a medicine cat's— apprentice," She'd lash her tail, now standing up. "And... Stars, mouse-brain! You shouldn't have attacked them at all! Unless they wanted to cross or seem wanting to fight with you first, then that's more reasonable. You crossed their territory, not the opposite."

And as her fur stood on end, she'd glance over to her clanmates outside— then back at Softfall, teeth gritted. "Now, I don't know what condition RiverClan is in, but I know well every clan is suffering just like ours! Yes, our clanmates are starving, but Dovefrost had told me— Newleaf means more abundant prey! We can't go out there causing trouble for both our and their clans just from this, Softfall," Fawnpaw paused, only realizing how much she's gotten pressed on this. Both her ears and tail lowered, and she tried her best to hide the fact that this was an unreasonable fight.

"Being loyal to ThunderClan is good, but now you're acting ignorantly. You're older and more experienced than me; I'm an apprentice, and you're a warrior." She'd face away, tears beginning to form at the brink of her eyes. At her harsh and direct tone, she hiccuped out the last sentence, attempting to walk before she'd burst out again. MCA's were kind and thoughtful, but.. she— she couldn't be that just now. He wanted best for our clan, didn't he? "Sorry my words came out so harsh. I'll... go get some fresh air."

And with that said, she'd make a bolt for the outside, not looking back.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Hard Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Hard Loss   A Hard Loss Empty

Back to top Go down

A Hard Loss
Page 1 of 1