Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]   Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 10:40 pm

As soon as she got off, he stood up straight once more. As Adderpaw spoke, he backed up towards the edge of the little clearing they were in. His paws met cold stone as he leapt up on a rather large rock there. From his perch, he looked down at the she-cat and stood up boldly.
"Adderpaw, I am far from broken, " He growled deeply before letting a yowl break from his throat. Having the advantage now, being up higher, he used his incredibly well muscled hindlegs to launch himself the distance to Adderpaw. His weight knocked her down easily, but he didn't just want to knock her over. Eagleheart once more pinned her down, paws on each side, holding her tight. His long claws had slide out at some point while he was in the air, but he pulled them back in so he wouldn't hurt her.
"Always take advantage of your surroundings," He meowed as he stared down at her underneath him.

Eagleheart used leaping bound, dealing 10 damage and using 10 stamina.

Adderpaw
10/20
80/80

Eagleheart
45/45
150/160
Back to top Go down
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Characters : Kestrelpaw ♀ | Jaypaw ♂ | Hawkpaw ♂
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan Apprentice | RiverClan Apprentice | SkyClan Apprentice
Libra Cat
Number of posts : 3278

PostSubject: Re: Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]   Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 10:59 pm

"You say that, but I still think you're moving slower than a slug!" Adderpaw panted from below Eagleheart, winded slightly from his heavy landing. "Shouldn't of gotten off of him so soon," She reflected ruefully, "I should of pushed his muzzle in the dirt!" She pulled a face at the thought, before an idea struck her. Going limp as if she was giving up, Adderpaw lay still for several heartbeats, regaining both her breath and strength as Eagleheart hovered above her. In a flash, she headbutted the tom without any real force, before lashing out to knock him away from her. Adderpaw quickly rolled away from Eaglestrike, leaping to her paws  as she dashed towards his haunches, whiskers twitching in amusement as she lunged for his tail. Carefully grasping Eagleheart's tail, taking care to avoid using her teeth, she gave a yank of medium strength; simply enough to unbalance him. "How about this?" She crowed through a mouth-full of tail fur.

Adderpaw used Tail Yank, Dealing -2 in Damage, Costing -10 in Stamina.
Eagleheart is stunned for One Turn.

Adderpaw
20/20
70/80

Eagleheart
43/45
160/160

Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] - Page 2 Img_0312
current characters | semi-return from inactivity
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]   Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 11:13 pm

"Now that's a dirty trick," He grunted, surprised by the tail yank. It wasn't often he got pulled by his tail. The tom tried to pull himself loose, but the more he did, the more it hurt. Eagleheart growled in frustration. I can't believe I let her get away with this. Their skirmish was definitely not over, he wouldn't let her have the last move. With the moment he was stunned, his mind turned with thoughts of how to best take her down. He hadn't had to think this much in a while. The warrior far out matched her in strength, but she was cleaver. If this were a real battle, she might have left him with a wound or two to remember.
Back to top Go down
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Libra Cat

PostSubject: Re: Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]   Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 1:26 pm

Spitting out the tom's tail, Adderpaw quickly spat out all the fur that had accumulated within her mouth; realizing with irritation that a few strands of fur lingered within her mouth. Feeling rather mischievous and confident now, she decided to give the warrior a taste of his own medicine as she quickly retreated several paces. Sizing up the towering tree behind Eagleheart, she recalled the move he used earlier to pin her down; yes the low hanging branches would suffice, although she would of preferred to have a higher vantage point. Whisking around, Adderpaw quickly swarmed up the sturdy trunk with her strong legs, before she pulled herself up onto the first strongest-looking branch she could find. Tail waving for balance, she sprang down upon Eagleheart's back, sending them both sprawling before she pinned him on his belly, her paws digging into his shoulders. "I doubt a Shadowclan warrior would ever exactly play fair when it comes to battle." Adderpaw pointed out wryly, whiskers twitching as she sat on Eagleheart's back.

Adderpaw used Leaping Bound, Dealing -6 in Damage, Costing -10 in Stamina.

Adderpaw
20/20
70/80

Eagleheart
39/45
160/60

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]   Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 9:55 am

"Never," He hissed, holding still momentarily as she clung to his back, "Never expect your opponent to fight fair". As soon as the words left his mouth, he rolled over, squashing the apprentice underneath him. In one movement he shook her off and regained his footing. But he didn't stop there. Now it was his turn to attack. Eagleheart used his momentum to launch himself back at the smaller she-cat and leap onto her back. Again, he used his claws to snag her fur and hold on, but was careful not to pierce the soft skin underneath.

Eagleheart used leap and hold, doing 9 damage and using 10 stamina. Adderpaw is held for two turns.

Adderpaw
11/20
80/80

Eagleheart
45/45
150/160

"Thought you said I couldn't defeat you without my warrior moves? Even a kit like you could manage a move like this," He growled, with satisfaction in his voice. For once during their training, he felt like he had the advantage strategy wise and not just strength wise. As and afterthought he added, "Although, you probably couldn't do it as well". Gaining confidence, he tried to use his words to bite at the apprentice as well.

Last edited by rippedsky on Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15098

PostSubject: Re: Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]   Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 9:55 am

The member 'rippedsky' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 6

Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] - Page 2 Mistpe10
Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] - Page 2 Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Libra Cat

PostSubject: Re: Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]   Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 6:02 pm

"You're right- I could do it better!" Adderpaw growled through her teeth as she bucked her spine, trying to fling Eagleheart off of her back. His weight seemed to be the only true advantage he possessed; she had met every attack with an equal counterpart so far, but when it came to their weight difference, there was nothing that could really boost her stats in a situation like that. "You call this lackluster, clumsy performance an 'attack'? I've seen mice that are blind, deaf, and dumb that could put up a better fight!" She was spitting with fury now, and her claws had been unsheathed to furrow at the slightly-frozen ground beneath her paws. She knew that Eagleheart's claws had been tangled in her fur from the way that they tugged at her pelt; did he really think she wouldn't notice something like that? Stuck kicking and twisting beneath the tom, her temper really began to flare now. "Don't think about getting cocky enough now to think that you can ever stand a chance against me verbally! You might have an advantage over me when it comes to fighting due to the fact you sit around eating squirrels all day- but don't ever presume that you are above me!" Adderpaw huffed, tail lashing.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]   Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 10:01 pm

"I'm hoping Crowstar decides to make your warrior name Addertongue, otherwise I'm going to be seriously disappointed," He meowed smoothly and he leapt off of her. The tom could have easily kept her pinned down for a bit, but his stomach was growling from hunting all morning and now practicing with Adderpaw. It had worn him out a bit. Not entirely, but a bit. As if he hadn't just been engaged in a vicious battle practice, the tom calmly sat down and licked his paw before swiping it over his ear. Eagleheart looked up at the apprentice who had just been spitting venom at him.
"We'll have to do this again once you're made a warrior, I have to say I actually enjoyed it. You're fairly talented," He meowed casually, skimming over the compliment as if he hadn't said it. After another brief moment of running his tongue over his ruffled pelt, he added, "I don't know about you, but I'm starving. We've covered battle skills, so what do you say to hunting?" As much as she aggravated him, Eagleheart was interested in seeing her hunt as well. And her spitfire attitude made things interesting for him.
Back to top Go down
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Libra Cat

PostSubject: Re: Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]   Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 2:03 pm

Adderpaw huffed when Eagleheart released her, rolling her eyes at his words. Scrambling to her paws, she quickly shook her fur to clear it of all the scraps of leaves and dead grass that she had collected during their previous tussle.  She gave an unimpressed sniff when Eagleheart sat down, looking completely unruffled by the entire event; she would never allow Viperpaw and Whitepaw to find out about this slightly humiliating loss. Eagleheart's compliment soothed her slightly wounded pride, but she wouldn't admit it to the tom. "We can try," She sniffed, eyeing him with her usual look of discontent, "But I don't know how much will be out." She finished, eyeing the cold, overcast sky with slight disbelief; nothing ever seemed to be out when it was this cold every day. Brushing past Eagleheart as if he hadn't just beaten her into the ground, Adderpaw began to scan the territory with a stark lack of enthusiasm in her eyes. "Where should we go?" She questioned, looking back at Eagleheart questioningly.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]   Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 9:13 am

"There's not much out," Eagleheart agreed briefly, but with a prideful hint to his voice added, "But I always find something. Follow me." With a flick of his tail he signaled for the apprentice to come after him. He dove through undergrowth almost silently. Despite being a larger and bulkier cat, he was stealthy. His movements were controlled. The scent of bird hit him, but each was stale and he continued on, nose in the air. Finally, he scented a squirrel. His eyes searched up the side of a tree to find it. However, as soon as he started hauling himself swiftly up the tree, the squirrel darted off into the branches of another tree and was off.
"Mousedung," He swore as the prey dove out of reach. Frustration coursed though him and he dug his claws into the bark for a moment before leaping back down.

Last edited by rippedsky on Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]   Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 9:13 am

The member 'rippedsky' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'Hunting Dice' : 9

--------------------------------

#2 'Hunting Dice' : 10

Back to top Go down
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Libra Cat

PostSubject: Re: Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]   Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 7:34 pm

"Bad luck!" Adderpaw called as she watched the squirrel vanish further within the tree and out of Eagleheart's grasp- she knew her own luck and if she taunted the older tom then she would definitely never catch anything. Padding away from the warrior, she began to scent the air for any sort of scent that would worth her tracking. Slipping further away from Eagleheart, she began to follow a scent trail that seemed to attract her interest; it seemed fairly familiar. Then a faint scrabbling noise caught her attention, and she quickly dropped into a crouch and began to creep forward as she followed the faint squeaking. Mouse! Adderpaw could easily spot the small creature scuffling about in the roots of a tree, and it was totally oblivious to her approach. "It's scrawny but it'll do." She reflected as she gathered her hind legs underneath her in preparation for a massive leap, her tail hanging stiffly behind her. Leaping forward, she easily caught the small creature between her outstretched claws and killed it with a swift nip to the neck, before standing upright with the small body between her teeth.

Hurrying back to where Eagleheart last was, Adderpaw was proud of the small body that hung limply in her jaws; it was always so hard to catch mice in comparison to squirrels. Ignoring the rumbling in her stomach, she strode forward, pride evident in her steps. "It was practically begging to be caught!" She crowed, her words coming out slightly muffled due to the fact that she had yet to drop her catch.

Last edited by Seer on Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]   Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 7:34 pm

The member 'Seer' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'Hunting Dice' : 7

--------------------------------

#2 'Hunting Dice' : 3

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]   Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 10:38 am

occ: a little salty because the hunting dice have been so against me lately lol

"Nice catch," The warrior grumbled, still seething from his miss moments earlier. But he was grateful she had managed to catch something. All of their training had made him hungry and this would at least take a bit of the edge off. Eagleheart's fur prickled slightly at the cold. Since he had been moving for most of the day, there hadn't been time to notice the chill, but now he longed for the warmth and shelter of the Skyclan camp. He flicked his tail to get Adderpaw's attention.
"We should head back soon. Wouldn't want your mentor accusing me of stealing his apprentice again," Eagleheart left out the fact he was cold. It was reasonable Tinylegs would assume that though. Being scolded once was enough for him. While he would never harm a clanmate, being talked down to by the tiny warrior made him angry, and he didn't want to end up in that position again.
Back to top Go down
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Libra Cat

PostSubject: Re: Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]   Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 4:47 pm

"Alright," Adderpaw mumbled around her catch, eyes glinting with pride as she nodded in agreement with the tabby tom's words. Padding past Eagleheart, she began to head towards camp, her thick fur bushed out slightly to keep warm- now that they weren't fighting it seemed to be much colder. "We should hurry then- wouldn't want you to end up getting scolded by Tinylegs in front of the entire camp- plus I'm so cold my paws are completely numb." She called,voice heavy with amusement as she broke into a jog, vanishing rapidly among the trees and sparse undergrowth.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]   Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next