Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Characters : Kestrelpaw ♀ | Jaypaw ♂ | Hawkpaw ♂
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan Apprentice | RiverClan Apprentice | SkyClan Apprentice
Libra Cat
Number of posts : 3278

Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]   Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] EmptyMon 2 Jan 2017 - 10:18

The little clearing she had found was nice and secluded; thick undergrowth kept away prying eyes and kept sound from traveling, and the towering trees kept the ground clear of snow. It was the perfect place for Adderpaw to practice her battle moves, free of all the other apprentices who simply wanted to goof off and mess with one another instead of actually practicing. The young apprentice sat down on her haunches, mulling over different moves to test out. After thinking for several moments, a faint glimmer of an idea began to gleam in her eyes. Tinylegs only allowed her to practice moves that he deemed appropriate for apprentices to learn, but she wanted to learn more; to learn the battle moves that actually inflicted damage. "Rear Up To Slash" Adderpaw reflected with an eager lash of her tail, "I'll try that."

After taking a few deep breaths, she tried to rear up on her back legs and slash, but the wild slashing motions quickly unbalanced her and caused her to tumble forward, humping her chin roughly on the ground. Spitting crossly, Adderpaw quickly sat up, bringing her paw up to gingerly rub at her chin while scowling; perhaps Tinylegs had been right whenever he said that the move was better suited for warriors. Eyes flashing, she quickly scanned the undergrowth; relieved that no cat had caught her miserable blunder.

ooc) we can just have Adderpaw and Eagleheart train together and argue~

Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] Img_0312
current characters | semi-return from inactivity
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Tier 2 Warrior - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6735

PostSubject: Re: Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]   Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] EmptyMon 2 Jan 2017 - 10:28

"Well, that was highly entertaining to watch," Eagleheart padded into view, twitching his whiskers in amusement, "Your mentor not teaching you balance?" He laughed harshly as he thought of the little warrior trying to teach his apprentice how to battle properly. In his head he assumed it would probably just as amusing as watching Adderpaw's mistake just now. Despite the rough time he gave her, the warrior appreciated her snarky attitude and her fighting spirit. With some proper training, she will make a fine warrior some day... He sat down a few tail-lengths away and wrapped his tail around his paws as if settling in to watch the solo training session.

Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 2 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Back to top Go down
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Libra Cat

PostSubject: Re: Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]   Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] EmptyMon 2 Jan 2017 - 10:50

Adderpaw's nape fur bristled as she heard Eagleheart's taunting words, and she quickly halted rubbing her chin and instead spun to face the older tom with narrowed eyes. Of course it was Eagleheart of all cats! Tail flicking with irritation at Eagleheart's jibe at Tinylegs, she quickly fluffed out her fur to hide any pieces of debris that she possibly picked up during her fall. "Perhaps you'll understand his training methods more whenever you actually get an apprentice of your own." Adderpaw pointed out dryly, eyes flashing with annoyance; why did Eagleheart always believe that he was so great? "Shouldn't you being something productive?" She sniffed, watching with fiery eyes as he settled down in front of her, "I doubt egging on an apprentice and insulting her mentor will fill anyone's belly." She growled, the throbbing in her chin and her embarrassment causing her to be even more short-tempered than usual.

Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Tier 2 Warrior - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]   Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] EmptyMon 2 Jan 2017 - 11:11

"I've already gone out hunting for the day, not like there was much out there..." Leaf bare always made him feel like a poor hunter. The lack of prey meant there was less to catch and less to catch meant less he could bring back for the clan. He hated leaf bare as much, if not more, than other cats. After hunting all morning and bringing a few things back, he'd been searching the forest all afternoon for something and had instead found an apprentice. Adderpaw's jab about making himself useful gave him an idea. It would be a waste of his efforts to continue hunting, but maybe he could do something here.
"You shouldn't be worried about my productivity, Adderpaw, I always get things done," Eagleheart meowed firmly, giving her a scathing look. However, his frustration with the sharp tongue apprentice dissipated a bit as he offered something up, "Let me teach you to fight" He unsheathed his unusually sharp claws, digging them into the ground in the anticipation of battle practice.

Back to top Go down
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Libra Cat

PostSubject: Re: Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]   Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] EmptyMon 2 Jan 2017 - 11:37

Adderpaw met the scathing look Eagleheart gave with a glare of her own, unafraid to challenge him. A pang of irritation and resentment filled her at his offer; did she really wish to subject herself to allowing Eagleheart to boss her around even more? "He does have more experience than I do." She reflected ruefully, eyeing the tom once more. "I guess you can help," She sniffed, "You can't make things worse." Adderpaw grunted, ear twitching. "Don't think I'll go easy on you just 'cause you're old and slow now." She growled, although her words lacked any real spite and instead held a teasing note as she quickly stretched each leg, testing to see if she bumped anything else during her fall.

Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]   Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] EmptyMon 2 Jan 2017 - 12:51

"I'll show you old and slow," He hissed launching himself at her. At some point during his leap, he remembered to retract his claws so he wouldn't hurt the apprentice. While she would probably never agree with it, he could definitely do some damage with his claws. But this time, he wasn't focused on his claws. Using his bulky muscle and weight, he bowled her over and pinned her to the ground. Eagleheart made sure to pin her down firmly so she couldn't get up right away. The warrior wouldn't hold her down, though, he'd let her up as soon as she recovered from the attack. His muzzle was close to her ear and he let out another low hiss, "You shouldn't underestimate your opponents".

Eagleheart used jumping strike on Adderpaw, dealing 10 damage and using 20 stamina

Adderpaw
10/20
80/80

Eagleheart
45/45
140/160

Back to top Go down
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Libra Cat

PostSubject: Re: Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]   Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] EmptyMon 2 Jan 2017 - 13:51

Adderpaw grunted whenever the much heavier tom landed on her, sending both of them sprawling across the clearing. Her ribs ached in protest as Eagleheart practically sat upon her still much-smaller form- and a flash of irritation filled her at his words. "Perhaps I over estimated you, I would call this technique of yours barely passable- you're just taking advantage of how much you eat!" She snapped heatedly, wriggling her forepaws free and hooking them around Eagleheart's neck, pulling his head down into her chest as she pummeled his belly powerfully; although she made sure that her claws were sheathed as she didn't want to even picture the scolding she would receive if she actually injured the older tom.

Adderpaw used Belly Rake, Dealing -7 in Damage, Costing -10 in Stamina.

Adderpaw
10/20
70/80

Eagleheart
38/45
140/160

Nearly spitting with irritation, Adderpaw managed to mostly wriggle free of Eagleheart's grasp, and she quickly dropped her paws from their perch around the tom's neck. With a growl of effort, she bunched her legs up underneath the tom, and with a powerful kick that she secretly hoped winded the tom, Adderpaw sent Eagleheart flying from his position on top of her. Scrambling to her paws, she glowered at the tom, "You're lucky you get the chance to use your fancy little warrior-only moves, cause if you actually fought me on an even scale, I'd send you wailing to the Highstones." She snapped, tail lashing as she awaited the tom's next move.

Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]   Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] EmptyMon 2 Jan 2017 - 14:14

occ: because it's training you regain health every turn

Eagleheart stumbled backwards as Adderpaw threw him off, but he quickly planted his feet and regained balance. His whiskers twitched in amusement. Just like I thought, she's got skill, A pleased smile flashed across his feature briefly before he snarled preparing to attack again. Her size made her have a slight advantage when it came to speed, so he knew he'd have to find a way to hold her. He feigned to the left, but went right and leaped towards her as if he was going to try and knock her over again. Instead, he cleared her and ended up next to the apprentice. Before she could react, he planted his teeth firmly in her scruff. Hard enough to keep a firm grip, but loose enough not to break skin. Crowstar would have his pelt if he hurt an apprentice. Eagleheart didn't want to harm a young cat with so much promise either.

Eagleheart used teeth grip, dealing 8 damage and using 20 stamina. Adderpaw is only held for one turn.

Adderpaw
12/20
70/80

Eagleheart
45/45
120/160

"Not bad," He growled through a mouthful of her fur, "But there's always going to be opponent's more skilled than you. Don't use it as an excuse and instead rise to the challenge". It was tough to speak with her scruff in his jaws, but he managed to get it out just loud enough for her to hear. She didn't need Eagleheart to take it easy on her. While he could have taken her out, she was far from being a weak apprentice. And he knew she had to learn to fight those stronger than herself.

Last edited by rippedsky on Mon 2 Jan 2017 - 14:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15017

PostSubject: Re: Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]   Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] EmptyMon 2 Jan 2017 - 14:14

The member 'rippedsky' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 1

Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] Mistpe10
Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Libra Cat

PostSubject: Re: Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]   Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] EmptyMon 2 Jan 2017 - 14:41

ooc) oh sorry that totally slipped my mind, it's been forever I've done anything training related. also just too lazy to put stats since she's being held for this turn.

Adderpaw let out brief screech of anger when Eageheart snatched her scruff, and she twisted angrily in his grasp for several heartbeats, but was unable to free herself. "If you're going to lecture me, at least do it when you don't have a mouthfull of my fur!" She snapped, jerking forward once more to free herself, hissing with irritation.

Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]   Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] EmptyMon 2 Jan 2017 - 18:11

occ: that's okay lol

"I have your attention though, don't I?" He hissed and gave her scruff one more shake before letting her go.

Eagleheart continued using scruff shake, dealing 8 damage and using 20 stamina. Adderpaw is no longer held.

Adderpaw
22/20
70/80

Eagleheart
45/45
100/160

The brown and white tabby took a step back and looked her over. It made him proud to see such a strong young she-cat in his clan. While her attitude constantly challenged him, he was really enjoying fighting with her. Most cats weren't a challenge, especially not apprentices. Being back out in the forest felt good, too. After bringing his kits back, he hadn't quite been himself. Finding out he was having kits the day they were born really shook him. And only having two here was even worse. Adderpaw was a welcome distraction to the whole mess. He may not have actually been her mentor, but he constantly wished he was and would do what he could to help her hone her natural skills.

"Attack me," Eagleheart challenged. He stood across from her, chest out and legs planted firmly on the forest floor in preparation for her attack.

Back to top Go down
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Libra Cat

PostSubject: Re: Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]   Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] EmptyMon 2 Jan 2017 - 19:40

"Oh you've definitely got my attention now." Adderpaw snapped, springing away from Eagleheart as he finally dropped his hold on her scruff. Spinning around, she watched as Eagleheart slipped into a defensive stance, her ears pricking at his words. Oh how she loved a good challenge! Dropping down into a low crouch, Adderpaw gave Eagleheart a challenging gaze; she was determined to prove to the prickly tom that she truly was the best apprentice Skyclan had to offer. Adderpaw would admit to herself though, that she didn't truly realize why she desperately wished to impress Eagleheart so much; why she was so determined to be seen as an equal in his eye. Although over the past few sunrises, she was perhaps beginning to have the faintest inkling of why she felt this way. Streaking forward in a violent explosion of a leap, she hurled herself forward as if she was gonna go for his belly once more, but instead of diving underneath Eagleheart, she swerved to the side at the last moment and promptly hurled herself onto his back, balancing precariously on top of the larger tom. "Good enough for you now?" She challenged, using her weight to keep the Eagleheart momentarily pinned beneath her.

Adderpaw used Leap and Hold, Dealing -6 in Damage, Costing -10 in Stamina.
Eagleheart is held for One Turn.

Adderpaw
20/20
70/80

Eagleheart
39/45
160/160

Last edited by Seer on Mon 2 Jan 2017 - 19:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15017

PostSubject: Re: Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]   Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] EmptyMon 2 Jan 2017 - 19:40

The member 'Seer' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 2

Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] Mistpe10
Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]   Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] EmptyMon 2 Jan 2017 - 21:57

"You learn quickly," He admitted as she gripped his pelt firmly. Instead of trying to stay up, he crouched down and took her weight, planning his next attack. Eagleheart tried to hide his amused smile as he stared down at the ground. She had picked up on the fact that he was trying to show her that it was vital to get a hold on your opponent. And now she was using that against him. And I didn't even have to say anything.He noted mentally. She was clever and sharp. Not just with her tongue, but also with her skills. Someday I hope to have you next to me in battle.

Back to top Go down
Seer
Former Staff
Former Staff
Seer

Libra Cat

PostSubject: Re: Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]   Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] EmptyMon 2 Jan 2017 - 22:20

Satisfied with Eagleheart's admission, Adderpaw leaped from her perch upon his back; feeling rather smug. Hopefully he didn't anticipate her to pick up his lesson that quickly- she wanted to do everything her power to show Eagleheart that she was worthy of this training session. Most warriors barely had time to do their own duties, but to complete their own duties and take on training an apprentice in their free time? It was completely unheard of, and swelled Adderpaw's pride even further; she had two very well respected warriors guiding her through her training! Dropping into a defensive stance, she puffed her chest out and stared at Eagleheart with teasing eyes. "Come on," She called, her voice dripping with rarely-heard amusement, "did I break you already?" Adderpaw continued knowing very well that she would pay for those words.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]   Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Adders and Eagles, Oh My! [Closed]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Territory-
Jump to: