Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Deep thoughts [closed for sun]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Crystal

Crystal

Clan/Rank : SC Kit RC Kit SKC Kit
Cancer Dragon
Number of posts : 1177

Deep thoughts [closed for sun] Empty
PostSubject: Deep thoughts [closed for sun]   Deep thoughts [closed for sun] EmptySat 23 May 2015 - 9:50

...It was another day and Dawnpaw had never felt so alone. The pretty apprentices eyes slowly opened to the same bright sun, there was no escape from it was there? With a sigh she slowly clambered onto her paws, shaking out her short light ginger fur. Dawnpaw had slept away from the other apprentices, she just felt awkward around most of them. For some reason she had felt depressed since she was made an apprentice, she didn't know why or how. It just felt.. Lonely, it seemed like none of the other apprentices didn't like her or anything, maybe she was overreacting. But being an apprentice was so stressing, patrols and then training and then hunting? What was the life of a warrior like anyways? She'd be more under Falconstars control when she would be made an warrior. The apprentice didn't have anything against anybody but she felt trapped, waking up underneath the same sun every single day. She wanted some freedom, but how? Dawnpaw didn't have many friends so she didn't socialize much.

The ginger she-cat trotted off at a steady pace, her eyes on the sun. She wondered who was seeing the same sun as she did, obviously her clan-mates were, but the apprentice wondered what life was like in other clans. Like skyclan or riverclan, did they live the same way as well? Deep in her thoughts Dawnpaw was quite oblivious to her surroundings. She hardly payed attention that it resulted in her bumping harshly into somebody's flank. Being quite surprised herself, the ginger she-cat also took a tumble groaning lightly as she moved back onto her paws, her sensitive ears gently perking. "Whoops.. I'm sorry" Dawnpaw had mumbled lowly, her head lowering. How awkward, the most awkward thing was crashing into somebody and she just did it. "You ok..?" The she-cat tilted her head, her beautiful blue eyes anxious.
Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Characters : Turtlefur, Goldenstar, Lynxpetal, Creekpaw, Lightningpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan Warrior, WindClan Leader, SkyClan Queen RiverClan Apprentice, WindClan Apprentice
Sagittarius Tiger
Number of posts : 8190

PostSubject: Re: Deep thoughts [closed for sun]   Deep thoughts [closed for sun] EmptySat 23 May 2015 - 15:57

"Oh!" Being bumped into when he wasn't paying attention was enough to make Lightpaw jump in shock and drop the fresh-kill he'd been dragging from the well-stocked pile of prey. He turned to see another young apprentice, slim and long-legged like himself with pretty ginger fur. Lightpaw thought he might have talked to this apprentice before. No, maybe not... Either way, I should really make sure I know all of my Clanmates. She looked embarrassed, surprised, and possibly even a little anxious at his reaction, and he realized it must have been an accident and that she hadn't been looking at where she was going. "Not a problem, ehh..." He raked through his brain to remember what she had been named when he watched three more kits be apprenticed. The tom's light blue eyes wandered off to the side in a look of concentration. "...Dawnpaw? Yes, Dawnpaw!" He looked back at her, a pleasant smile curling his muzzle. "Yes, yes, I'm quite alright, thank you. It was just a bump and a bit of a shock! My mentor, Eaglethorn, gave me the morning off of patrol duty today. Is that why you're in camp right now? Because your mentor let you have the morning off?" Lightpaw asked, his head cocking slightly to the side, a habit of his whenever he was curious or was asking a question.

Sun // Living Characters // Deceased Characters
Deep thoughts [closed for sun] 713E5771-31B2-4EA8-B75F-EC3A67DB4C32
Turtlefur || Tom || RiverClan T5 Warrior || Requirements || #cc9900
Goldenstar || She-cat || WindClan T5 Leader || Requirements || burlywood
Lynxpetal || She-cat || SkyClan Queen || darkblue
Lightningpaw || Tom || WindClan Apprentice || #dfd47e
Creekpaw || She-cat || RiverClan Apprentice || #4c5682
Back to top Go down
Crystal

Crystal

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Deep thoughts [closed for sun]   Deep thoughts [closed for sun] EmptySat 23 May 2015 - 18:29

Lightpaw was clever, in that cunning sort of way. Though Dawnpaw didn't notice him much before, she tries to avoid toms she didn't know why but she wasn't really interested in them like other cats were. Although something seemed different about Lightpaw, like he made her heart flutter gently inside of her. Maybe it was her social awkwardness taking over, Dawnpaw didn't exactly know herself. Her beautiful blue gaze dropped over towards the prey that Lightpaw had dropped before nodding curtly, it seemed like he knew everything. Weird, "Oh yep..! I hardly got any sleep because we were out a bit late so she decided that we'd train in the later afternoon, or somethin." Dawnpaw spoke simply, feeling a bit awkward talking towards the tom. "Your name is Galepaw right?" Dawnpaw mewed tilting her head, although it seemed a bit off. Hopefully she didn't get his name wrong either, gulping she settled down an ear flicking as she hoped that Lightpaw didn't have time to sit down and chat with her.

occ: Post is lame, I is sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Clan/Rank : RiverClan Warrior, WindClan Leader, SkyClan Queen RiverClan Apprentice, WindClan Apprentice
Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Deep thoughts [closed for sun]   Deep thoughts [closed for sun] EmptySat 23 May 2015 - 19:39

He didn't realize it, but he had been staring intently into her lovely blue eyes almost the whole time. He really couldn't help it; they were beautiful, and they reflected a sort of kind and gentle spirit. Lightpaw had never before paid any mind to the she-cats in his Clan. The white tom had grown up around them, after all, since all of the other apprentices were she-cats. Even his best friend, Ashpaw, was a she-cat. His other good friend, Leafpaw, was a she-cat, too. But this one was definitely different. Lightpaw didn't know how she was different, though. Her eyes, maybe? No, she's not the only one with blue eyes. Her pretty fur color? Her slender form? Shy demeanor? For just a brief second, Lightpaw realized his heart was pounding faster, and he hoped Dawnpaw couldn't somehow hear it against his chest. And then Dawnpaw awkwardly called him Galepaw, and his rapidly beating heart felt like it had just plunged into his belly. "Ha, yeah, you must have been up really late last night." He said, trying to play it off like nothing was different. There was a bit of fake chuckling that sounded like he was clearing his throat. "Y'know, because you seem tired and stuff. Um, my name's actually Lightpaw, but I guess you could call me Galepaw... if you... wanted to...?" Ugh! Why did I say that? That was ridiculous! She's going to think I'm really weird now! Lightpaw did his best to not show his embarrassment on his face and, seeing Dawnpaw sit down, sat down too. He awkwardly pawed at the piece of prey that sat still untouched at his feet.

Last edited by Sun on Mon 8 Jun 2015 - 20:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crystal

Crystal

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Deep thoughts [closed for sun]   Deep thoughts [closed for sun] EmptySat 23 May 2015 - 20:28

She never expected to catch a toms eyes anyways. Dawnpaw has many insecurities, though her mother had always told her that she was beautiful, and she was. Dawnpaw was possibly one the prettiest cats in the clan, but she had always felt unsure of herself, she used to be confident but that shrunk away for many different reasons. Now the she-cat became awkward, though she was friendly and was crazily obnoxious with good friends, the she-cat just didn't understand how to befriend other cats. She was horrible at small talk, and is the last person you would go to for support. Dawnpaw was also quite forgetful, she was a mousebrain to forget Lightpaw's name! She had felt her face getting flustered as she blinked her blue eyes rather rapidly. "Oh sorry..! I mean yeah, well um.." Dawnpaw felt herself ramble on, not saying anything that made sense. If she could she would totally smack herself in the face right about now. Maybe she could use the fact that she was tired as an excuse to fool him? Although the she-cat didn't like liars herself.

Shuffling her paws shyly, her ear flickered. "Sorry.. Lightpaw, I'm stupid, I can forget things supper easily." Dawnpaw mewed her voice seemed regretful of her actions. And her bright blue eyes showed anxiety once again. As much as she wanted to just walk away, she had this strange feeling of wanting to get to know Lightpaw a bit better, they weren't that different. Both were shy in a way, and both of them had kindness in their hearts, maybe she'd finally be able to make her friend. The pretty she-cat's ear flickered, her nose twitching nervously. Truth was, ever since her father had joined starclan Dawnpaw had turned into a nervous wreck. If her father was still here, she'd be a loud crazy fun apprentice to be around but hey everything happens for a reason right? "So, Lightpaw.. What are you up too?" Dawnpaw mewed, forcing a grin onto her features as she spoke with the white tom.

Hopefully they'd be able to know each other more, after all for some reason Dawnpaw had felt as if they had a special connection of some-sort. Maybe he could help her regain her confidence? Or lure her out of her newly developed shell. Noticing that Lightpaw was prodding something with his paw, Dawnpaw held back a gasp. He didn't touch his meal, maybe he was on his way to go eat something and she distracted him? "Oh? Are you gonna go eat your prey?" The pretty ginger she-cat mewed tilting her head towards the tom.
Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Deep thoughts [closed for sun]   Deep thoughts [closed for sun] EmptySat 23 May 2015 - 20:52

"Oh, no, you're not stupid at all!" The tom mewed quickly. "It was just a little slip-up, right? I know what that's like, just the other day I asked Rosepaw who her mentor was even though we had our ceremonies together." Lightpaw smiled again, quite sheepishly this time. He missed obvious details sometimes, but it was mostly just his difficulties with small talk and pleasantries with other cats that got to him. He mostly just wanted to say whatever made the other cat the happiest, but when he didn't know the other cat well, it was difficult to tell what to say that would please them. He liked it more when Dawnpaw was talking. She had a nice voice that reminded him of the way the wind whispered over the hilltops or the sound the moorland heather made when it swished back and forth in the breeze. "Well, I was just going to bring this big rabbit and see if there were any other apprentices off today and maybe share with them. If they wanted to, that is." There seemed to be something a little off about Dawnpaw, perhaps a little guarded. Lightpaw looked closely at the way she shuffled her paws and flicked her ears, wondering if there was something more about her. "So, if you'd like to share this rabbit with me..." He started suddenly, and then paused to bend his head and gently shifted the rabbit towards Dawnpaw with his small pink nose. "...I think there's enough for both of us. I mean, if you want to. You don't have to." Lightpaw hoped he didn't sound too desperate, or like he was insisting on eating with her. He really wanted to, and to get to know her better, but he wasn't about to force anything.

Back to top Go down
Crystal

Crystal

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Deep thoughts [closed for sun]   Deep thoughts [closed for sun] EmptySat 23 May 2015 - 21:09

What was also different about Lightpaw was that he was a pure white tom with bright blue eyes. Normally a cat that looked like him would have birth disorders, like deafness or blindness. Although he seemed to be in perfect health, it was just another special thing about him. Dawnpaw grinned softly when Lightpaw had complimented her, she had felt her heart fluttering. Things were just different around him, she was different around him. Blinking at his offer, Dawnpaw's grin widened her blue eyes twinkling as if her facial expression was an answer it's self. Though she quickly took notice and acted in a calmer more mature manner. "Oh.. Yes, Thank you." The pretty apprentice nodded curtly as she trotted near his side an sniffed at the rather plump rabbit. "Did you catch this yourself? If you did that would be very impressive." Dawnpaw spoke in awe, quite amazed on how big of a rabbit this was. Maybe they should go share it with others? Or give the remains to the elders? She doubted that the two could finish such a big rabbit, she wasn't very hungry in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Deep thoughts [closed for sun]   Deep thoughts [closed for sun] EmptyTue 26 May 2015 - 13:48

"Oh, no... I didn't catch it." Lightpaw admitted, shrugging a little bit. It was best to be honest. "I just found it in the fresh-kill pile. I'm not very good at catching anything because my white fur makes it easy for the prey to see me." Hunting was difficult for him. Instead of  stalking prey in the tall grasses until he was close enough to sprint, Lightpaw had to start running at a great distance and use superior speed to run down the hares he hunted. It built up his endurance, yes, but it also meant that he caught less because he used more energy chasing down just one rabbit. "Eaglethorn thinks I'm useless sometimes, but it doesn't bother me that much. I know I'll just get better if I really work hard." There were some days that he didn't really believe that, but he still tried his best anyway. Lightpaw gripped the rabbit gently with his teeth and pulled it to the side so that they wouldn't be in anyone's way. He settled down onto the ground with his paws tucked neatly beneath his chest and took the first bite of their meal, its scarlet blood ungracefully dripping down his chin and staining his white chest fur. Oops, that wasn't supposed to happen... Messiness probably wasn't very attractive to she-cats, but he couldn't help it when the prey was so fresh and juicy.

Back to top Go down
Crystal

Crystal

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Deep thoughts [closed for sun]   Deep thoughts [closed for sun] EmptySun 31 May 2015 - 12:33

The pretty she-cat gently blinked. 'oops...' Shrugging as if it wasn't a big deal, she forced a small grin onto her childish features. "Oh well, it's a good meal for us right!" Dawnpaw chirped towards the white tom, her forced grin turning brighter. "Well hey! Maybe Leafbare will be better." The ginger she-cat said, since during leafbare she had heard that everything gets covered in pretty white powdery stuff. "Besides, you don't need to be a good hunter, your already a great fighter." The apprentice mewed lowly, shuffling her paws. Nervous how Lightpaw would react to her compliment, she wasn't much of praising people, she found it way to awkward and weird for her. "Yes! Work harder then you um.." The ginger she-cat was a bit hesitant on what to say next, making the conversation quite awkward. Quickly shaking her head at herself, the apprentice's ears perked forward. "Well I know that you can be better Lightpaw! I just know it." Dawnpaw spoke happily, her blue eyes confident that Lightpaw will become a great warrior of windclan. A high pitched giggle came from Dawnpaw, as blood dripped from Lightpaws chin. Though as soon as she realized her horrible and awkward laugh, she became utterly embarrassed. She hated her laugh, it sounded like something was dying - at least in her ears it sounded that way. Thinking that she'd be polite to let Lightpaw know, she quickly pointed it out. "Hey.. Theres some rabbit blood on you Lightpaw." Dawnpaw said lowering her head to sink her fangs into the freshly killed rabbit.
Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Deep thoughts [closed for sun]   Deep thoughts [closed for sun] EmptySun 31 May 2015 - 14:07

Lightpaw titled his head in confusion at her compliment, an ear twitching. He was pleased that she thought he would become better, but her remark still confused him anyway. The she-cat had probably never seen him fight before, and he hadn't done much of it himself. He figured that it was conversation filler, and he felt sympathetic because he said and did silly stuff like that all the time. Lightpaw felt embarrassed about the comment of the rabbit's blood in his fur, but it was sent away when Dawnpaw laughed a lovely, rolling laugh that sounded beautiful to his ears. I hope she laughs more often, He thought to himself, giving her a goofy grin with his pointed teeth. He bent his neck to lap at his chest fur with his pink tongue, cleaning until most of it was washed away. He would try to eat more carefully after that little incident. He dug back into the rabbit after Dawnpaw had taken a bite and angled his head more towards the ground, successfully preventing another mess on his white pelt.

Back to top Go down
Crystal

Crystal

Cancer Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Deep thoughts [closed for sun]   Deep thoughts [closed for sun] EmptyTue 2 Jun 2015 - 19:02

She could see it in his bright round beautiful blue eyes.. His confusion, she made a huge mistake didn't she? The tom probably thought that she was stupid now, she didn't blame Lightpaw though.. After all she wasn't really telling the truth, she just made up the compliment, but she had a feeling that he'd get better at almost anything. Everyone does, once they really push themselfs to the limit. A lot of cats gave her that look that Lightpaw gave her, a judge mental look. Which lowered Dawnpaws self-esteem harshly. Attempting to look at anything but his confused gaze, she took another bite of the rabbit. Munching at its flesh rather awkwardly, an ear flicking as she gave a quick glance over towards the tom only too see him flashing his pointy teeth at her. Feeling her cheeks turn warmer, it was a nice smile that made her heart flutter with something.. She never felt this feeling before, what exactly was it anyways?

Grooming her shoulder, she had been thinking of what to say next. She'd hate for this conversation to become awkward. "What kind of prey do you like?" Dawnpaw mewed blinking her crystal blue eyes. It was rather a silly question, after all Lightpaw did pick out this specific prey from the fresh-kill pile. Dawnpaw herself didn't really like rabbit, she was more of a bird type of she-cat even though there wasn't many of those floating around windclans territory, but they every so often drifted away from Skyclans trees and wandered in the skies of Windclans moors. It was a lucky catch if they did happen to kill one, but they were still rather tasty.
Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Deep thoughts [closed for sun]   Deep thoughts [closed for sun] EmptyWed 3 Jun 2015 - 11:55

He swallowed the mouthful he had and considered the question. "I don't usually have much besides rabbits, but I do occasionally have field mice. I'm not sure what it is, but something about field mice just make them a bit more savory. Oh, but I still do like rabbits." He added on at the end. Frankly, there were some days he was pleased just to eat. On those days, just about anything would do, even those birds a few warriors sometimes caught with all the annoying feathers. "How far have you gotten into training, Dawnpaw?" He wondered if they had close to the same experience or if perhaps she had somehow pulled ahead of him in her training. She had briefly mentioned her mentor allowing her to train later in the day, though the she-cat hadn't mentioned who they were. Lightpaw noted to himself that he ought to pay more attention during Clan meetings, even if it would be just another apprentice ceremony.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deep thoughts [closed for sun]   Deep thoughts [closed for sun] Empty

Back to top Go down

Deep thoughts [closed for sun]
Page 1 of 1