Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

There's Benefit To Curiosity

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Echo

Echo

Gemini Dragon
Number of posts : 2606

There's Benefit To Curiosity - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: There's Benefit To Curiosity   There's Benefit To Curiosity - Page 2 EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014 - 16:49

Lowering her muzzle as Smokekit gave her an answer to her previous question, Lunarpaw glared at the young tom at the corner of her eye, knowing very well how different their circumstances were. Too different. "No one cared for me as a kit when I arrived," the blue she-cat muttered, shadowing her cold eyes. "Consider yourself lucky that the clan is willing to accept you." The apprentice knew that she was being too critical, but it was just how she was. No matter, it was her nature to be straightforward quite often. Whenever in a conversation with another, she always seemed to show no grace of whatsoever and moreover, rarely spoke without being addressed. It was her way of keeping herself from getting close to any cat and keeping her distance to isolate herself from her "clanmates".

❝ Until the day his wings heal and he's able to fly... I will protect him. ❞

Last edited by Echo on Wed 16 Apr 2014 - 12:39; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Snugglemuffins

Snugglemuffins

Clan/Rank : Talon- SC Apprentice | Rain- WC MCA | Smoke- WC Apprentice | Russet- TC kit
Libra Horse
Number of posts : 94

PostSubject: Re: There's Benefit To Curiosity   There's Benefit To Curiosity - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 12:29

Smokekit lifted his head to meet Lunarpaw's gaze, eyes narrow. "Ok, I will consider myself lucky", he said, his tone suddenly cold. "But I won't feel sorry for you, because I can certainly see why no one wanted you". His gaze held a challenge, and his ears lay flat against his head. Smokekit was not usually this bitter. Actually, he would usually search for a compromise between two cats, especially if things were tense. But now he seemed to be looking for a fight, mostly because he didn't like Lunarpaw's isolation and bitterness. He flicked his tail, waiting for her to answer.
Back to top Go down
Echo

Echo

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: There's Benefit To Curiosity   There's Benefit To Curiosity - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 12:38

Hearing the words of the younger kit almost made her want to ridicule him. Why would she bother with others' sympathy after all? A sly smirk etched onto her and she gave a glare to Smokekit, answering back with an emotionless and dark tone, "Scoff at me if you must. I don't expect your sympathy nor do I expect any cat here to accept me." With an almost deadly gaze facing the young tom, Lunarpaw hoped he'd finally leave her alone to rest. It was getting bothersome that he thought he could simply challenge her and fight. However strong he thought he was, Smokekit was almost nothing to her. Kits always thinking they can do what they want without getting into trouble. "If you don't hurry off to the nursery, I won't mind reporting to Snow-eye about your current behavior. She may as well delay your apprenticeship," the blue-grey she-cat added on with a threatening voice. That should do her some peace. Smokekit could at least learn to respect others' ways of living. "Rogues were always so ignorant..." Lunarpaw muttered scarcely under her breath, inaudible to the kit's ears.

Back to top Go down
Snugglemuffins

Snugglemuffins

Clan/Rank : Talon- SC Apprentice | Rain- WC MCA | Smoke- WC Apprentice | Russet- TC kit
Libra Horse

PostSubject: Re: There's Benefit To Curiosity   There's Benefit To Curiosity - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 12:59

Smokekit pressed his ears flat against his head, stifling a hiss of annoyance. "Go ahead, don't expect sympathy, because you certainly won't get some anytime soon", he retorted,"and you're no WARRIOR, so don't even think that you can punish me, or give me empty threats". He narrowed his eyes, hoping that he had proved a point. But Lunarpaw was looking irritated, and Smokekit knew that she wasn't kidding when she talked about telling Snow-eye. Without waiting for a reply, Smokekit whipped around, tail lashing, and padded away. When he reached the nursery, he flattened his ears, knowing he could have gotten in big trouble. He knew he shouldn't push the limits. But he HATED being a kit, which meant he was always overlooked, and that he didn't have a say in Clan decisions. It wasn't HIS fault that he was young. With a sigh, Smokekit settled down, hoping to finally get some rest.
Back to top Go down
Echo

Echo

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: There's Benefit To Curiosity   There's Benefit To Curiosity - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 13:18

Lashing her tail furiously in rage, her ears flattened against her head, fur bristling, Lunarpaw was almost about to snap from pure annoyance of that kit. Calming herself down with a few deep breaths, the apprentice muttered to herself, "Such empty words for a kit who knows no respect..." Smokekit could at least be a little more patient, now couldn't he? Eyeing the nursery entrance, she may as well go and talk to Snow-eye at least. What a pesky little brat. The blue she-cat shook her head in frustration before getting up and heading out of the camp entrance towards ShadowSky territory to go and do some hunting. Perhaps bring in a few more birds... And hopefully not run into any rabbits along the way. Something to get her own irritation out.

Meanwhile...

In the nursery was Kitekit. Unable to rest at all, the black and white she-kit let out a sigh. It didn't seem right. There was something vague in her mind that made her feel something was wrong about the current situation... It was too blurry to remember. In fact... Did she really live here and was her mother really Hawkflight? Too much frustration was in her and the dark visions weren't helping. All she saw was the darkness of the world, too gloomy for her own good. Yet, how could she remain so serious all the time? The small kit didn't quite know herself, but... Noticing Smokekit come in, the younger kit glanced at him with disinterested eyes, mewing, "Got into a fight with Lunarpaw, huh? Learn to respect others' ways of living. She's irritated because of you."

OOC;; And I like how I have four different characters in WindClan. >v<

Back to top Go down
Snugglemuffins

Snugglemuffins

Libra Horse

PostSubject: Re: There's Benefit To Curiosity   There's Benefit To Curiosity - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Apr 2014 - 2:59

Smokekit sat down, trying to compose himself. After he had calmed down quite considerably, he turned to the black and white she-kit. "Well, I'm not really fond of bitter cats, especially ones who can't be in a conversation without bringing up an unwanted subject", he said politely, tail waving. "And why do I care if she's irritated or not? It's not like she's leader or something". With that, Smokekit settled down, his head on his paws. He also glanced around for Rainkit, but she was nowhere to be found, which didn't surprise him. It was not unlike his sister to run off, no matter how shy she was. Closing his eyes, Smokekit kept his ears pricked, wondering if Kitekit would reply or not.

Ooc: Hmm, Ravenwing, Lunarpaw, Kitekit, and.... if you don't mind me asking, who is the fourth cat?
Back to top Go down
Echo

Echo

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: There's Benefit To Curiosity   There's Benefit To Curiosity - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Apr 2014 - 3:17

OOC;; Raven, Lunar, Kite, and.... *drum roll* Snow-eye~

IC;; Kitekit, muttering something under her breath at the tom's ignorant response, provoking herself to think of an intelligent reply to answer his response. Something he couldn't quite figure out... Eyeing Smokekit for a moment, the black and white she-kit simply twitched her whiskers, mewing, "She isn't leader, but she is a higher rank than you. At least give her a bit of respect." Turning her glance away from the older tom, the younger kit was trying to multi-task - continuing a conversation with him while pondering on thoughts and visions that still didn't make sense to her. What was she missing? Something didn't seem right at all... No.... No... All of it was too hazy, too dark, too vague. Letting out sigh in defeat at her inability to figure it out, she made a small self-reminder to try and analyze it further when she could see things a bit better and had more details.

Back to top Go down
Snugglemuffins

Snugglemuffins

Libra Horse

PostSubject: Re: There's Benefit To Curiosity   There's Benefit To Curiosity - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Apr 2014 - 3:27

Ooc:Pfft, I knew that...

Smokekit was undaunted by Kitekit's words. "Yes, she might be older than me, but should she really expect that much respect?" he queried,"I gave her plenty of respect when I came up to her, but she was bitter, so I didn't look up to her. Is that bad? No. Is it against the warrior code? No. Besides, according to her I'm just a KIT".
Back to top Go down
Echo

Echo

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: There's Benefit To Curiosity   There's Benefit To Curiosity - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Apr 2014 - 12:32

Kitekit, glancing back at him, keeping herself calm as she started to get slightly irritated at the tom herself due to how stubborn he was. The black and white she-kit narrowed her aqua green eyes slowly before replying, "Hmph, at least consider your words. You are just a kit, and perhaps you shouldn't have bothered her right before she was about to fall asleep. Consider the conditions!" Her tone was critical and she sounded as if she knew a bit more than she was actually of age for. What is it with toms always thinking they're the best and happen to know everything? This is why, if anything, Smokekit would be her last choice for a mate if she bothered with romance. Too ignorant and stubborn for his own good. "Have you even tried considering how she's feeling? She's an outsider, but so are you. At least find some sympathy in your feathered brain. She's probably the closest you could probably find in a friend besides Rainkit."

Back to top Go down
Snugglemuffins

Snugglemuffins

Libra Horse

PostSubject: Re: There's Benefit To Curiosity   There's Benefit To Curiosity - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Apr 2014 - 13:08

Smokekit glanced at Kitekit, considering her words. He dipped his head submissively. "You are right, I should consider he feelings, but that doesn't mean that she can't have sympathy for ME". As he spoke, an image formed in his mind.There was a flash, a wall of flames, and the screech of a cat that he knew too well. Suddenly he was there, staring into the cloudy gaze of a she-cat he wasn't able to save, heat curling around him, singeing his pelt. He felt a cool breeze from outside wash his fur, and suddenly Smokekit was snapped back into reality. Blinking, Smokekit looked at Kitekit. "I guess we all need sympathy, don't we?" He whispered thoughtfully, mostly to himself. He dipped his head again,"Sorry if I seemed ignorant, or rude. I promise to take others' feelings into account next time.
Back to top Go down
Echo

Echo

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: There's Benefit To Curiosity   There's Benefit To Curiosity - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Apr 2014 - 13:30

"Who ever said she didn't have sympathy for you?" the she-kit asked in slight confusion, wondering why in StarClan he thought that. Though she had expected Smokekit to finally submit to being wrong, Kitekit didn't expect him to lower his head.... twice. The black and white kit simply blinked a few moments, a bit lost for words on what to say next. A sharp pain went through her, causing her to wince slightly, head ache. Too many different memories that she couldn't figure out. Taking a seat now at this point, unable to stay standing for too long, Kitekit simply replied, "Hmph, hope you do keep your promise. To make sure you do, promise to StarClan, not to me."

Back to top Go down
Snugglemuffins

Snugglemuffins

Libra Horse

PostSubject: Re: There's Benefit To Curiosity   There's Benefit To Curiosity - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Apr 2014 - 16:17

Smokekit gazed at this strange little kit, not sure what to think about her. Something was just..... different, about her. She's probably seen a lot in her time, too much for a kit, he thought, cocking his head. "Ok, I promise to StarClan", he replied, trying to keep his tone crisp and polite.
Back to top Go down
Echo

Echo

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: There's Benefit To Curiosity   There's Benefit To Curiosity - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Apr 2014 - 23:05

Shaking her head and looking straight into the other kit's eyes, Kitekit moved in closer - just a little bit away muzzle to muzzle - and glared at Smokekit, mewing, "It doesn't count unless you mean it! Humph, put some heart into it!" She didn't really care if he was being polite about it, his disinterest and half-hearted reply made her know he didn't even try to think about the promise at all.... Much to her own annoyance. Usually, the she-kit wasn't this pushy, but let's make this an exception.

OOC;; Psst, psst... Hey. Kite x Smoke? //brick'd

Back to top Go down
Snugglemuffins

Snugglemuffins

Libra Horse

PostSubject: Re: There's Benefit To Curiosity   There's Benefit To Curiosity - Page 2 EmptyFri 18 Apr 2014 - 1:51

Smokekit just stared at Kitekit. "Fine then", he said. If she wanted more heart, than she would get more heart. Putting all his emotion and belief into the words, Smokekit really meant it. "I promise to StarClan", he replied meaningfully, never taking his amber eyes off of Kitekits aqua ones.

Ooc:Sure*gives thumbs up*
Back to top Go down
Echo

Echo

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: There's Benefit To Curiosity   There's Benefit To Curiosity - Page 2 EmptyFri 18 Apr 2014 - 14:04

With a sly smirk on her, the she-kit replied, "Doesn't count since I had to tell. Hmph." A mischievous glint faded in her eyes as she realized that she hadn't kept her own serious posture, Kitekit turned away, flattening her ears in embarrassment, before saying, "Huh, at least try to be loyal to your promise then."

OOC;; otl;; Too lazy to write more.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There's Benefit To Curiosity   There's Benefit To Curiosity - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

There's Benefit To Curiosity
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: WindClan Camp-
Jump to: