Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo
Number of posts : 698

A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc) Empty
PostSubject: A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc)   A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc) EmptySat 16 Dec 2023 - 20:27

Galekit

It was another long, busy day in WindClan as warriors had been coming and going through the camp since dawn. Galekit had watched as Daisypaw treated the sick warriors' symptoms, milling about here and there and visiting the cats in the dens Molehill had worked so hard to dig. He had been calmly studying the way Sootstorm had been arranging the patrols, though he knew it was being planned different than normal to accomodate all the recovering cats.

Sunhigh had come and gone, and Galekit had been taken inside the nursery by his mother, Morningmoon. There he napped with his sibling, Cloudykit, until he was awoken once again by sounds from outside the den. By the temperature, Galekit could guess by now that the sun was falling behind the mountains, and as he padded outside, he was greeted by the first few stars of silverpelt and crisp, fresh air blowing up from the lake. He stretched each leg in turn, yawning and blinking the sleep from his eyes.

Galekit's attention was drawn to the freshkill pile. Since the time of sharing tongues had passed while he was napping, there was little freshkill left, but it looked like there had been enough to satisfy the clan. He opened his mouth to draw in the tantilizing scents over his scent glands and water filled his mouth. Glancing back, he could still hear Morningmoon snoring away in the nursery.

Certainly she won't mind if I try some freshkill without her, Galekit thought, even if it's my first bite. He was well aware that Morningmoon had been busy with Cloudykit as his sister grew stronger, so he tried not to disturb her when she was able to get some time to sleep soundly.

Galekit pranced over to the freshkill pile and gave it a tentative sniff.
name. uwubers timezone. EST discord. @ uwubers code.kiikko

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9978

PostSubject: Re: A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc)   A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc) EmptySun 17 Dec 2023 - 1:50

"Looking for something in particular?" Tigerdance couldn't help but ask as he had watched the kit be drawn to the pile. While not much remained it was still enough for the few cats left that had yet to eat. He couldn't blame the kit for being drawn to the food, it was fresh after all. A welcome sight especially after finding scraps back at home. "Pick something and we can share it. Does that work for you?" The leader asked the kit, not wanting to him into sharing, but he also knew one kit couldn't finish a whole thing by himself.

Windclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Thunderclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1 ✦ Kit

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc)   A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc) EmptySun 17 Dec 2023 - 19:06

Galekit

The clan leader! Galekit stared up at Tigerdance with big eyes. The tom was so much bigger than himself, and he felt truly tiny beneath his smoldering gaze. I can't believe he wants to share prey with me! He thought for sure he might burst with pride.

"Thanks, Tigerdance!" he squeaked, and then remembered his manners and dipped his head respectfully. His gaze flicked back to the freshkill pile and he nosed around it, wondering what it might taste like. He decided to go with a mouse, and lifted it carefully by its tail to take it a few tail lengths away to a nice spot just off the center of the clearing, in clear view of silverpelt, more visible now in the sky. There was a shallow dip in the ground here, resembling almost what could have been a nest.

He glanced behind him to make sure Tigerdance was still there.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc)   A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc) EmptyMon 18 Dec 2023 - 22:30

He couldn't help the silent chuckle at the kit's excitement, while he wasn't used to interacting with young ones this could certainly be a good change. He let the kit carry the prey over to a spot where he would be satisfied eating, and sat beside Galekit. "Go ahead and take the first bite, whatever you don't want I will finish." He wanted the kit to eat his fill, the kits were the future of the clan anyway.

Back to top Go down
kieer
Former Staff
Former Staff
kieer

Aquarius Snake
Number of posts : 581

PostSubject: Re: A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc)   A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc) EmptyTue 19 Dec 2023 - 12:50

Cloudykit peaked out of the makeshift nursery with a yawn, looking for her brother, but her attitude quickly changed when she realized that Tigerdance was there too. He's sharing prey with another cat! Wow, he's so big! Her wide eyes anxiously darted between Tigerdance and Galekit before glancing behind her for reassurance from her sleeping mother. She had never been out of the nursery before.

Her pelt felt hot, and she sat down at the entrance of the nursery to watch them. Her eyes wandered around the camp in amazement. She felt a tang of jealousy that Galekit experienced this without her. I have to make a good impression too! Cloudykit thought. She just didn't know how. Her mind raced, but it was interrupted by her stomach growling. She didn't want to be left out!

She rose to her paws and impulsively approached the pair of cats, holding her breath.

Last edited by kieer on Tue 19 Dec 2023 - 13:02; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i forgot that this is her first time out of the nursery!)
Back to top Go down
uwubers

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc)   A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc) EmptyTue 19 Dec 2023 - 14:27

Galekit

Galekit's wars pricked when he heard a scrabbling sound from the direction of the nursery and instinctual looked up from his mouse. His fur stood on end with surprise when he saw his sister padding across the clearing towards them.

"Cloudykit!" He exclaimed, glancing up at Tigerdance. "What are you doing out of the nursery? Did Morningmoon finally let you come out to play?" He hopped up and circled his sister excitedly. "This is Tigerdance. We were just about to share this mouse. He said I can have the first bite, but, umm.." he glanced back longingly at the mouse before his eyes met Cloudykit's again, "I think you should have the first bite. Right, Tigerdance?" He mewed, looking up at his leader with huge, excited amber orbs.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc)   A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc) EmptyWed 20 Dec 2023 - 3:11

Green eyes glanced to the approaching kit, not quite sure what to say to the kit, but it seemed Galekit beat him to it. "It's your meal, you get to decide who has the first bite." He said reassuringly to the older of the two. "If you want to share with your sibling you can. I'm sure between the two of you, you might be able to finish the mouse. Hopefully you guys don't mind the company of the leader." He didn't mind waiting a little longer for his own food, after all it was more worth it to see the kits eat.

Back to top Go down
kieer
Former Staff
Former Staff
kieer

Aquarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc)   A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc) EmptyWed 20 Dec 2023 - 8:08

Cloudykit's 'confession' slipped out before she could catch it. "Yes! Morningmoon let me come out today!" She blurted out as her sibling circled her, her eyes widening briefly with a mix of surprise and guilt at the fib. She stole a quick glance behind her at the nursery, half expecting to meet Morningmoon's disapproving gaze, but their mother was still resting. Morningmoon has been particularly protective. What she doesn't know won't hurt her, right? Cloudykit thought.

The pressing excitement took her away from her white lie. Her eyes darted between the mouse, the warrior, and her brother after their offer. The camp was so overwhelming with new experiences! She nodded, "I would love to, if that's okay!" What does it taste like? I don't mind as long as she got a bite... She sat down next to her brother.

The mouse was quickly forgotten as Tigerdance's last sentence captured her focus. He is the leader of WindClan? Wow! Her eyes were wide with awe, but confusion flashed across them. Wait, Morningmoon told me that all leaders are named after stars. Why isn't he a star, too?

"Uh.. Tigerdance, why are you not Tigerstar?" She awkwardly asked, shuffling her paws.

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc)   A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc) EmptyWed 20 Dec 2023 - 18:08

(First post!! Please lmk if I'm doing this wrong.)

Galekit

Galekit gasped and clasped his tail over Cloudykit's mouth, but it was too late. The question hung in the air and all he could do was stare desperately at his sister. You mouse-brain! he thought, Why did you have to go and ask such a thing? His pelt grew hot with secondhand embarassment. But... she has a point. he pondered, recalling all the stories Morningmoon had told them about Smallstar, the leader before Tigerdance.

"It's probably because he didn't eat a star yet," Galekit guessed, completely unaware how silly he might have sounded just then. "What do stars taste like, I wonder?" he mewed, and then his gaze fell back to the mouse between them.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc)   A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc) EmptyThu 21 Dec 2023 - 2:37

Tigerdance couldn't help let out a small shocked chuckle at the kit's blunt question. While most of the clan knew the reason why he wasn't a star yet, these new kits weren't around for the meeting that took place not too long ago. "I just became leader. With being where we are, I can't make the journey to the moonstone to get my full name just yet, but as soon as we get back I will be going to become Tigerstar. For now you have to deal with plain ol' Tigerdance." Sure he could have used the name temporarily, but he didn't want to risk making Starclan angry. Especially after the delay in the deputy ceremony.

"Though eating a star would be much simpler, though I don't know what it tastes like. What do you guys think they taste like?" He asked.

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living: [T]awnyshadow, [So]otstorm, [A]jex, [Q]uillsplash, [Sh]atteredsky, [J]uniperpaw Dead: Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC) Missing: Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [T]ShadowClan T5 Elder [So]WindClan T5 Deputy [A]T4 Rouge/"Captain" [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior [Sh]SkyClan T3 Warrior [J]ShadowClan Apprentice
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3210

PostSubject: Re: A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc)   A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc) EmptyThu 21 Dec 2023 - 6:28

Happiness comes the way the wind blows

"Probably like a rock that just came from a river," a voice answered Tigerdance before the kits could. Sootstorm approached the small group, a plump rabbit hanging from his jaws and a warm light in his eyes. He dipped his head in greeting to Tigerdance, then dropped the rabbit at his leader's paws. "Since the kits are sharing the mouse, want to share this rabbit with me?" He asked softly but in a tone that didn't leave space for arguements. He knew Tigerdance wouldn't eat unless everyone else had, which would leave their leader with too little energy. Sometimes Tigerdance liked to forget that he was sick as well. "Galekit, Cloudykit, how are you two doing?" He added to the kits once he was sure Tigerdance had taken at least one bite of the rabbit.

Bird | Quillsplash ♂/ShadowClan T4 Warrior/#802318
Ajex ♂/T4 Rouge/#62b6ee
Sootstorm ♂/Windclan T5 Deputy/#00cc00
Tawnyshadow ♀/Shadowclan T5 Elder/#993300*
Shatteredsky ♂/SkyClan T3 Warrior/#99ccff(not pictured)
Juniperpaw ♀/ShadowClan Apprentice/#B9ABB2(not pictured)
*disabled stats
Signature by Xaandir!

Back to top Go down
kieer
Former Staff
Former Staff
kieer

Aquarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc)   A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc) EmptyFri 22 Dec 2023 - 9:08

Cloudykit felt a twang of embarrassment as Galekit covered her mouth and stared at her. I didn't realize it was a bad question? She thought hopelessly, her pelt feeling hot. Her brother making a mouse-brained comment didn't help, either. What kind of an impression did we make? What did I do?

However, Tigerdance's reaction was not negative and she released a breath she didn't realize she was holding. She gazed up at the leader with wide eyes, taking in what he had to say. The moonstone? What is that? She opened up her mouth to ask, but it was interrupted. She quickly decided to bombard Morningmoon with questions about it later.

She glanced towards Sootstorm, unsure of who he was or his position in the clan. She watched the interaction between Sootstorm and Tigerdance, in awe.

"I'm okay!" She blurted out when asked. She glanced at Galekit for reassurance, wishing he could telepathically tell her who Sootstorm was. She had just left the nursery, and all of these new faces and experiences were overwhelming.

uwubers

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc)   A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc) EmptyFri 22 Dec 2023 - 9:55

Galekit

Galekit looked from Tigerdance, to Sootstorm, to Cloudykit, and then back to the mouse at their paws. His mouth was still watering at the tantalizing scent. He had promised his sister the first bite, but she was asking questions instead, and he was growing impatient. His tail twitched.

"Hi, Sootstorm!" Galekit mewed politely as he finished speaking. "We were just going to try our first freshkill. Morningmoon let Cloudykit out of the nursery finally," he continued, gesturing to his sister by laying his tail across her back, "and she is going to have the first bite." He cast a meaningful look at Cloudykit, and then at the mouse, his tail still twitching. "I'm excited!"

Then, he realized what Cloudykit's gaze must have meant.
"Oh, Cloudykit. This is Sootstorm, our deputy." He nodded as politely as he could at Sootstorm, then he glanced at Tigerdance. "We're really lucky to share freshkill with both of them! Morningmoon will be so proud." He puffed out his chest importantly and tried to look dignified, despite the one tuft of hair on his head that refused to ever lay flat.

Love Letter to WCC
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc)   A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc) EmptySun 24 Dec 2023 - 1:18

The leader couldn't believe he was having this conversation with his deputy but he supposed relaxing and having a silly conversation every once and a while couldn't hurt. "I don't know about that, with how bright they shine I would think they would have some type of heat to them." He mused, before turning his attention to the rabbit knowing his deputy wanted him to eat it. "I'm fine with sharing as long as you take the first bite." H needed to make sure the deputy ate too.

"I'm sure Morningmoon will enjoy listening to the story, how about you guys go ahead and try the mouse and tell us what you think?" He didn't want them to keep getting distracted by different topics when the real goal has always been the mouse.

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Living: [T]awnyshadow, [So]otstorm, [A]jex, [Q]uillsplash, [Sh]atteredsky, [J]uniperpaw Dead: Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC) Missing: Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Clan/Rank : [T]ShadowClan T5 Elder [So]WindClan T5 Deputy [A]T4 Rouge/"Captain" [Q]ShadowClan T4 Warrior [Sh]SkyClan T3 Warrior [J]ShadowClan Apprentice
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3210

PostSubject: Re: A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc)   A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc) EmptyTue 26 Dec 2023 - 3:54

Happiness comes the way the wind blows

Sootstorm scoffed, and quickly tore a chunk off the rabbit before passing the rest of it to Tigerdance, a forced smile on his face that clearly screamed "eat it, now, or else". The deputy waited until his leader had taken at least one bite before turning to the kits with a bit more natural smile. "Wow, this is your first time out? How are you liking everyone?" He asked, voice matching the kits' eagerness. "You should be excited-- mice taste amazing. Just wait till you have your first bite of rabbit, they're way better," Sootstorm told Galekit, tone secretive as if telling a tale. The dappled tom nodded as Tigerdance speaking, and gave an eager gaze to the kits to prompt them to take the first bite.

Bird | Quillsplash ♂/ShadowClan T4 Warrior/#802318
Ajex ♂/T4 Rouge/#62b6ee
Sootstorm ♂/Windclan T5 Deputy/#00cc00
Tawnyshadow ♀/Shadowclan T5 Elder/#993300*
Shatteredsky ♂/SkyClan T3 Warrior/#99ccff(not pictured)
Juniperpaw ♀/ShadowClan Apprentice/#B9ABB2(not pictured)
*disabled stats
Signature by Xaandir!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc)   A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Starry Night and First Bites (open to wc)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next