Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

strife [semi-open, @ me on Discord first tho]

Go down 
+5
GravisCordis
Mistpelt
Ash
kjSage
JJ
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6041

strife [semi-open, @ me on Discord first tho] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: strife [semi-open, @ me on Discord first tho]   strife [semi-open, @ me on Discord first tho] - Page 4 EmptySun 26 Nov 2023 - 19:44

In a mirror of her opponent's movements, Nightdancer rose to her paws and brought them down roughly atop the SkyClanner's head. "We're all starving, but the rest of us have honor; we do not invade your lands and steal what scraps you can still find! You're pathetic, you know? Lower than the lowest of the low! If you're too caught up in your own self-righteous arrogance to hear anything else, listen to me when I tell you this: if you starve today, it's because you deserve to."

Nightdancer used Upright Lock, dealing 12 damage and costing 10 SP!

Graywind
19/70 HP (-12)
116/160 SP

Nightdancer
15/60 HP
87/140 SP (-10)

we know how to dare, we know how to dream —— info.
✿ kiikko

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5683

PostSubject: Re: strife [semi-open, @ me on Discord first tho]   strife [semi-open, @ me on Discord first tho] - Page 4 EmptySun 26 Nov 2023 - 19:51

The Thunderclanner continued to speak, and Graywind ignored her, at least outwardly. Her words weren't... Entirely unfair, given this attack had been unprovoked and unnecessary. But she would defend her clan now that Sunfire had stepped in it either way. She wasn't going to back down. Distantly, she heard Bubblepaw's whimper in defeat, and Graywind saw red.

She would deal with this one. Then whichever apprentice it had been to attack her niece.

Graywind used Snap for -7 sp, doing -10 damage.

Graywind

19/70 HP
109/160 SP (116 - 7)

Nightdancer
5/60 HP (15 - 10)
87/140 SP

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6041

PostSubject: Re: strife [semi-open, @ me on Discord first tho]   strife [semi-open, @ me on Discord first tho] - Page 4 EmptySun 26 Nov 2023 - 20:08

Nightdancer was on her last legs, and she knew it; one more good blow would have her out of the fight--though, as the fights around her drew near a close, she knew that SkyClan would lose the battle outright. That thought, that they were at least secure in defending their territory, gave her the strength to do something reckless for the sake of her pride. If she failed, she would take herself down before the trespasser even had a chance.

But if she succeeded? Oh, if she managed to pull it off...

It was risk and reward. The only question was whether she could move fast enough.

"I hope you realize that I won't give you the satisfaction of taking me down. This fight ends on my terms."

She moved swiftly, striking with precision, but in her haze of exhaustion and pain her aim was off; and she came crashing down with a bitter laugh.

"I've done my part, trespasser. I expect Mottlestar will deal with you."

Nightdancer attempted to use Belly Rake, but failed; costing 25 SP and dealing 5 damage to herself.

Graywind
19/70 HP
109/160 SP

Nightdancer
KO/60 HP (-5)
65/140 SP (-25)

we know how to dare, we know how to dream —— info.
✿ kiikko

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3

Last edited by Holly on Sun 26 Nov 2023 - 20:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15078

PostSubject: Re: strife [semi-open, @ me on Discord first tho]   strife [semi-open, @ me on Discord first tho] - Page 4 EmptySun 26 Nov 2023 - 20:08

The member 'Holly' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 1

strife [semi-open, @ me on Discord first tho] - Page 4 Mistpe10
strife [semi-open, @ me on Discord first tho] - Page 4 Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2868

PostSubject: Re: strife [semi-open, @ me on Discord first tho]   strife [semi-open, @ me on Discord first tho] - Page 4 EmptySun 26 Nov 2023 - 21:13

Bluepaw grunted as Bearpaw tried to free himself but held him quickly shoving him back into the ground below not giving him any space or room to work with, the pin was holding strong and he would put Bearpaw to sleep soon.  He hated fighting and hurting others in general, but at least this way he was just zapping all of Bearpaw's energy by laying on him and giving him zero room to work with.  Bearpaws kicks to escape were there but they hardly did all that much and appeared to be losing momentum as well.

He hoped Bearpaw would be smart enough to give up now.  None of this had to go on any longer than Bearpaw wanted, all Bearpaw had to do was surrender and it could be over for them and they could all go home with no further injury. Bearpaw had been the one to try and fight dirty, so his punishment was going to be squished till he tapped out or dropped from exhaustion

From his position on top he had a decent enough view sitting on Bearpaw to see the general battle... The other skyclan apprentice looked hurt bad and Bluepaw felt a stinging in his heart for her.  He winced seeing it. They were enimes yes, but the general morals he had were pacifistic and he didnt like seeing anyone that hurt.

His heart really sunk however when he saw that the skyclan warrior had defeated Nightdancer... where was the skyclanner Night was fighting? His eyes widened fearfully, did that mean he was about to be ambushed?

Bearpaw: Is still Pinned
2/20 HP (-6)
39/60 SP

Bluepaw:
6/20 HP
23/60 HP (-15)

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1837

PostSubject: Re: strife [semi-open, @ me on Discord first tho]   strife [semi-open, @ me on Discord first tho] - Page 4 EmptySun 26 Nov 2023 - 22:07

Whatever he'd done had hurt her, but Sunfire didn't have too much time to dwell on it before she had climbed on top of him again, her claws pricking the top of his forehead, sinking in deep. Her hot breath was in his ear then, whispering, taunting, blaming. His blood simmered, yellow eyes fixed forward. She was wrong, she was wrong, she was wrong. He hadn't started this, she had. Mottlestar's claws had been the first to shed blood.

It wouldn't matter to Birdstar and Wolfblossom, he was sure. They'd say ThunderClan was well within their rights to attack his trespassing hunting patrol. Because the Code said so. Because StarClan said so. But whatever punishment he'd face for this couldn't be more damaging to his ego than being taken down by a warrior half his size - he had underestimated Mottlestar, and paid for it.

Energy spent, Sunfire lay beneath the claws of ThunderClan's leader, chin on the ground, breathing labored. He was so tired. The wounds she'd given him had taken until now, with his adrenaline fading, to really take their toll. Every movement hurt, a twitch of his ruined ear was agonal. His eyes found Bubblepaw as she cried out to him again, and that was all the prompting he needed. The little she-cat had bested him, but he wasn't ready to give up. Mustering all the energy he could, Sunfire got his legs under him and thrusted upwards, getting to his paws with the she-cat still clinging to his pelt. If he could at least keep her engaged, she wouldn't be able to rejoin the battle elsewhere.

Dropping a shoulder, Sunfire slammed on to his back and did a full roll, regaining his paws at the other side and then whipping around to slam into Mottlestar again before she could regain her footing. Aiming for the leg she'd been favoring earlier, the yellow tom twisted and sank his teeth in to the muscle, his forepaws wrapping around to set his claws in to the soft flesh on her inner thigh, too. Again, his head snapped back and forth, aiming to rend and tear and destroy. If he did enough, she wouldn't be able to walk. If she couldn't walk, she couldn't fight. He didn't care if she could never fight again, after this.

Finally, he kicked away from Mottlestar, and hunched down, panting heavily. When it looked like he was sure she wouldn't give chase, Sunfire turned without giving the ThunderClan leader a second thought, and made a beeline for his daughter. The brown tabby tom that stood over her was twice Bubblepaw's size, but he still wasn't as large as Sunfire... yet, anyway. Charging in, the SkyClan warrior collided with Crocuspaw at a full run, digging his claws in to stop his own momentum as he aimed to send the ThunderClanner tumbling away from Bubblepaw. If the apprentice knew what was good for him, he'd get lost.

Immediate threat gone, Sunfire dropped his nose to Bubblepaw's cheek, unable to say a word but trying to give her some comfort at least, in his presence. He crouched protectively over top of her, and there he would attempt to catch his breath.

Sunfire used Killing Bite (kinda) on Mottlestar. Mottlestar is dead. Sunfire is KO'd.
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: strife [semi-open, @ me on Discord first tho]   strife [semi-open, @ me on Discord first tho] - Page 4 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 8:48

The other warrior tried to scoot below her, flailing at her belly only to get stepped on. No claws connected, which was probably a very good thing for Graywind. Mousebrain. She thought in response to her words. She would take the victory no matter how she came by it, through her own claws or this Thunderclanner's ill-timed attempt to attack. Either way, the Thunderclanner was done and there was no use in kicking her while she was down.

Graywind turned, surveying the patch of territory that had been turned into a battlefield. Bubblepaw was down, Bearpaw and Sunfire were embroiled in their own fights still... One of the Thunderclan apprentices - warriors? She was large enough, certainly - stood without an opponent, having likely just taken down Bubblepaw, though Graywind had been too wrapped up in her own fight to see. She wouldn't get the chance to attack any more of her clanmates, however. Graywind leaped forward with unsheathed claws.

Graywind used Front Paw Strike on Crocuspaw for -7 sp, dealing -10 damage.

Graywind

19/70 HP
102/160 SP (109 - 7)

Crocuspaw
4/20 HP (14 - 10)
16/60 SP

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice
Number of posts : 712

PostSubject: Re: strife [semi-open, @ me on Discord first tho]   strife [semi-open, @ me on Discord first tho] - Page 4 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 9:23

Bearpaw

Bearpaw shifted beneath the heavy Thunderclan apprentice, managing to twist his head to stare helplessly as Bubblepaw fought futilely against her much larger opponent. He writhed and struggled, unable to do anything but watch as Bubblepaw took one last blow before collapsing, her eyes slipping closed. His muzzle twisted into a foul snarl and with renewed vigor, rolled onto his back, teeth bared, and lunged forward, digging his fangs deeper and deeper into the flesh of Bluepaw's shoulder.

Holding on tightly, Bearpaw wrenched his head to the side, throwing Bluepaw to the ground beside him with a growl. Staggering to his paws and bleeding, Bearpaw stared at the Thunderclanner for a moment to ensure that he wouldn't get up before lifting his head, blue eyes scanning the area frantically. He couldn't see any direct threats, but that Starclan-accursed she-cat was still well and standing. Fighting her would be pointless, but he couldn't leave Bubblepaw defenseless on the ground!

However, sudden commotion from Sunfire and Mottlestar's side of the fight drew the brown and white tom's attention. He watched, disgusted almost, as his father tore through the Thunderclan leader's muscle and flesh, rendering her leg almost certainly useless. With Bluepaw at his paws, Mottlestar down for the count, and the other Thunderclan warrior defeated - all that was left was the large she-cat that had hurt his sister. Luckily, Sunfire got to Bubblepaw first, standing protectively over her, and Greywind was swift to take on the large she-cat.

Everything seemed to have gone well, all things considered. None of his clanmates were dead and they had pretty much already defeated the entire Thunderclan patrol. However, one thing was very very concerning. Mottlestar wasn't moving. She wasn't groaning in pain or even breathing for that matter. The ground beneath her was slick with blood - both hers and Sunfire's if he had to guess.

Walking slowly, the young tom approached Mottlestar's still body, the fur along his spine bristling uncomfortably. Had...Sunfire really killed her? She wasn't dead - surely? Leaders we gifted nine lives from Starclan but, admittedly, he had no idea how many of those lives Mottlestar still had. It would be bad, though, if this was her last one and his father had taken it. Really, really bad. It seemed pointless now, but Bearpaw crouched beside Mottlestar and, with shaking limbs, pressed his paws to her mangled leg to try to staunch the bleeding at least a little.

If there was one thing he didn't believe in - it was wastefulness. And what Sunfire had done was certainly wasteful. Bearpaw was all for a battle or two when it was necessary. This bloodshed - Bubblepaw's spilled blood - hardly seemed to serve much of a purpose other than to inflate his father's ego. Skyclan needed food, yes, but so did Thunderclan. They should have left when Mottlestar gave them the chance. The best he could do now was try to help Mottlestar and hope that their alliance wouldn't be completely ruined. Starclan knows that Skyclan couldn't afford a war with both Thunderclan and Riverclan right now.

Panting from the battle still, Bearpaw scanned the area helplessly - searching for something, anything to help Mottlestar. She was a strong warrior and a good, smart leader for Thunderclan. If she died and someone more ruthless took her place...well...it wouldn't go over well for Skyclan. Thankfully, he spotted a swath of cobwebs nearby. Not much, but it was better than nothing. Leaving Mottlestar's side, Bearpaw swiftly gathered the stringy material before returning and winding it messily around her bloodied leg. Would it help? He wasn't sure, but he hoped so.

Bearpaw used Fight and Flee. -8 HP. -39 SP. Bluepaw is KOed

Bearpaw:
2/20 HP
(-39) 0/60 SP

Bluepaw: KO'd
(-8) 0/20 HP
23/60 HP

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4940

PostSubject: Re: strife [semi-open, @ me on Discord first tho]   strife [semi-open, @ me on Discord first tho] - Page 4 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 10:01

They say that you can die of a broken heart...
Is it true, a love can run so deep?
Like roots in the ground, that when ripped,
Send you to that peaceful everlasting sleep?

Only few have truly ever known the pain…

She dug her claws deeper into Sunfire’s skull as he seemed to look out and see just what he had done. Mottlestar was not particularly a cat to act in the name of vengeance, but this had been the exception. He had prompted this. He had been the one to cause such unnecessary pain. As she looked onto the battle herself, her amber gaze that usually was soft filled with a blazing flame that had only ever come out once before, her chest seized. It was an odd conflict of both pride and pain that she felt as she looked towards Crocuspaw and the opponent that she had left behind. Youth reverberated from the blue apprentice’s pelt, as did terror. She saw the red that tricked down her face and felt the motherly part of her heart pang. Though as fast as it had arrived, it left. Sunfire had caused this pain.

Her cry also reached Mottlestar’s ears, as did Nightdancer’s. A look of surprise whirled on her features, but in that very moment of distraction, Sunfire took his opportunity. A loud yowl called from the tortoiseshell as he attacked that bad leg of hers, injuries ripping open, the copper tang of her blood becoming strong enough that even she could scent it. Everything felt fuzzy at once as one of his teeth punctured a particular spot of her leg. Like the ground suddenly being ripped out from underneath her, Mottlestar felt a blazing hot fury in her pelt at the same time…

Before that flame was finally snuffed out.

Her body hit the ground with a thud, a strangled hissing-gasp erupting from her chest as she attempted to spit venom one last time before her body fully gave way. She was left in a puddle of her own blood, still flowing from the wounds that had been produced, staining the Fallen Oak. Even as she felt every one of her senses slip away, her eyes remained open: full of anger, full of hate, before her breaths gave out.

Disgraceful. To profess alliance, and then this? A border skirmish when neither could afford it? Pride causing permanent scars? The loss of life? Pricklebush was fuming. If only those starry fools would allow him a fraction of influence, just a single strike of lightning, he could ensure that mouse-hearts like these would never mess with ThunderClan again. But of course, just like they had in life, the stars hated him. And so Pricklebush was left to fight for those he cared about completely alone. Just as it always had been. He had not been expecting to see Mottlestar again, but he would certainly not squander the opportunity. He had much to speak with his favorite little leader about. There was much she needed to hear.

When Mottlestar regained consciousness, she would find herself once more in the starry fields, with a familiar face in front of her. The mountain of spiky tan fur was inspecting her closely, his sage-green eyes set in a terrible scowl of deep, hot anger. But she would know it was not directed at her. His sharply pointed ears were pricked up as he saw her amber eyes open. Unsurprisingly, it did not take the tortoiseshell long to understand just where she had gone. The moment she opened her eyes, the flaming blaze of fury would meet the gaze of sage green that seemed to reflect how she felt herself.

”So you’ve been betrayed,” Pricklebush said shortly. ”I’ve never liked SkyClan anyway, but they’ve somehow hit new lows. Killing a leader at a border skirmish? An allied leader, no less? What a joke.” His voice was terse as he looked at her wounds. Stars, there were a lot of them. Didn’t these brutes care about the injuries they were dealing? At least there was one cat on her side. As he spoke, she watched as he seemed to scan her over. Truth be told, the tortoiseshell had been far more concerned with ending the battle that she had hardly noticed just how many wounds he had inflicted upon her. A glance down had her grimacing as she saw just how much her tortoiseshell pelt was marred, but no more than a heartbeat later was Pricklebush there to aid her. Completing the tasks a medicine cat was assigned to do, just as they had been in life. ”They had their chance to flee. I gave them the chance. They brought this upon themselves.” She hissed, concurring with just what the Starclan tom had to say. The familiar gruffness of his medicine cat nest-side bearing came to him easily, and he stalked around the fields, able to find every herb that he needed. StarClan cats were in charge of mending the wounds of a leader who had lost a life. He was no magician, and he felt most comfortable tending to injuries in the only way he knew how. Soon enough, soothing poultices were plastered to the painful wounds on Mottlestar’s legs, face, and sides.

The tortoiseshell leader made no effort to stop him as he worked on her wounds. If anything, she appreciated the momentary silence as he assisted her. That red-hot fury had been blazing strong enough for her to have burned as hot as a star herself, strong enough that she could have probably set the forest on fire had she been given the chance to spit on it. But with every wound that he mended, her anger simmered. It did not leave her, not in the slightest, but it at least cooled to something that would be much more productive. As much as she wanted to give the tom more than just the crown of scars she had adorned him with, it would do no use for her to simply act out of pure venom and spite… even if she had a feeling that the prickled tom attending to her would have been quite in favor of it. ”Fox-loving dungheart… only a fool like him would give such wounds it takes a Starclan medicine cat to mend them.”

If only he could go down there himself--! He’d show that Sunfire a thing or two. His warrior training hadn’t been for nothing. ”That piece of crowfood ought to pick on somebody his own size, yeah? And yet you really gave him a run for it. He had to resort to shameful tactics in order to win. What a loser.” Pricklebush spat to the side and scoffed. ”Just means it makes it that much more shameful. Surprising, the sun is supposed to shine on an alliance, not bring it down.” Her tail flicked as the humorous remark left her maw, even if its humor didn’t quite reach her amber gaze. His slanted eyes found Mottlestar’s. Though they did not soften, there was less harshness in his voice when he spoke again. ”It hurts. Not just the wounds on the outside. I understand. I’ve been betrayed by those that I thought were close to me, too. And I’ve certainly been on the wrong side of SkyClan’s selfishness before.” He shook his head. ”And at a time like this, too! What fox-hearts. I’m just as mad as you about this whole forest famine, by the way. I want to tell you all what to do, but they won’t let me! I’d send a million squirrels to your forests if I could. I’d drop an owl in your fresh-kill pile. But these fools, these--” He descended into inaudible grumbling, words that he was not allowed to say and therefore Mottlestar could not quite make out. He grabbed a few cobwebs and continued patching her wounds. There was no more blood. The wounds were more metaphorical than physical anyway; she would find herself mostly rejuvenated when she awoke. But there was much to say before then.

The pain was felt in her heart, certainly. Sunfire’s actions had caused much more than what would have otherwise been a typical fight over territory. She could feel the betrayal chipping away at her chest, a wound that was quickly beginning to fester as she opted to continue watching Pricklebush work. It was a thankful side-effect of existing beyond the mortal plane that she did not feel the pain of the wounds as she should have been. Unfortunately, the one wound that still burned was that betrayal. The knowledge that Birdstar’s warriors had not been instilled with enough faith in the alliance to actually have some shred of thought to preserve it, rather than to fight for it at the drop of a feather. Sure, she could have simply continued on and not been the first to attack. She could have. But that was not the life that Pricklebush had given her, nor was it the life of dignity and resilience. Mottlestar would not tolerate such a slander against her Clan, or her rank, alliance or not.

Sure, there was something to be said about acting for the clan’s best interest. But to so outwardly slander a leader in doing so? She felt little regret at unsheathing her claws. She had a feeling that it was the stars that had reduced her Starclan guide to grumbling, which added a lash of annoyance for the tom to her tail. ”At least someone in this forest is on my side. I had such high hopes, too, for how this alliance would continue. It provided at least some type of security in this Dark Forest of a… forest.” She shook her head. Her mind couldn’t help but wander to the other part of her alliance at that moment. Would Riverclan do the same thing to her? She had ensured that her Clan respected the hunting rights of Sunningrocks, treating it under the neutral ground they had agreed upon. What if that changed?

”Anyway. I’m going to do the only thing that I’m allowed to do, and that’s give you advice. But I sure am going to give you advice. And how! If they let me start talking I’ll never stop.” There was a ferocity, a bellicosity in the way that Pricklebush turned to face her, a stern look on his face. ”Do you remember the life I gave you, so long ago? Justice. I’d call it irony that your life should come into use now, but it seems all too fitting to be a coincidence. Not that I would ever engineer such a farce, but you know how it is with these idiots, they all have sticks stuck so far up their--” Once again he was cut off, and he snarled in frustration. ”Whatever. Idiots. But you don’t have to deal with the idiots who are dead, only the ones who are alive. You got me? Your current problems are not up here. They are down there, with that golden-furred fool who thought his ego could carry him to victory. You’ll soon find that more of SkyClan is like that than you think... and some of them in the highest places, too. But no matter, because if I start on that then they’ll wake you up before I’m finished patching up the sloppy job of wounds that mud-crusted slimeball gave you. SkyClan has broken their word, and for that they must pay.”

The stinging of Mottlestar’s wounds would be mostly soothed now. Still Pricklebush slid a few poppy seeds her way, more out of habit than anything else. Nothing she ingested in this starry half-spirit state would matter. Still, even then, she lapped the seeds into her maw. Even if they did not have any true effect, the simple physical maneuver of chewing on them still managed to provide a soothing effect. Perhaps it was simply because it gave her something to do other than seethe in her fury, because at the moment, her mind was working overtime in formulating just what she was about to go tell the Skyclan leader. As if he had read her mind, Pricklebush continued. ”I don’t care that it wasn’t that Bird-brain’s direct order. I don’t care that they’re starving. I don’t care that now is an inconvenient time to make enemies, because they started this. And if they are allowed to get away with it, then you will never see the end of this again. I promise you, give them a rat’s tail and they’ll take a grouse.” His enormous spiky tail lashed angrily behind him. ”So don’t give them even that. They wanted claws? Give them claws in return. Give them claws and fangs and a snarling vow that the help they shunned you will return as agony tenfold. It doesn’t matter if you somehow end up, I don’t know, together in a way that would lead you to be unable to wage real war.” He said the last part quickly, as if trying to hurriedly spit every word out before it could be artificially halted. Then he sighed and continued. ”Find a way. Find a way to make them pay. If they treat you like this, they’ll do it to others, too. Their selfishness knows no bounds. They think they’re the only ones in the forest. Well, show them they aren’t! Show them that ThunderClan is nothing to mess with! Show them what happens if they break the most generous offer of alliance they’ve ever been given, with the greatest Clan to ever rule the forests! Give them no quarter! No pity, nothing soft like mercy or forgiveness, nothing! Justice, Mottlestar, justice. I’ve given it to you before and I’ll give it to you now--but you have it already. Seize it and use it to protect your Clan. No one can do it but you. You know that, right?” For a moment his facial lines softened. Not quite into a smile, but something else. ”You’ve done well, kid. I’m real proud. You’ve protected ThunderClan through thick and thin and few have ever done it like you. I know that Echosong and all the rest of ‘em will be safe in your paws. So don’t let me down, all right?” One of his ears flicked. ”Incidentally... this new deputy of yours. Acornstem. I like her far better. Good choice. I still think you should live every life to its fullest--you better not be in a hurry to come live with me! I promise I’ll be a bore if you do--but if anything bad does happen, I feel better knowing that someone other than that previous weasel will be in charge of our Clan.”

Though there had been a lot to take in with his words, the tortoiseshell leader had not made any move to stop him in his tangent. He had been there to soothe her wounds, to act as her guide when she needed him the most. So she let him speak, the passion in her own gaze reflecting his own in many moments. As much as she wished to act without striking her claws, there were times it was necessary. They had been blessed with them for a reason. As he mentioned the life he had bestowed onto her, she felt that seething fury again. But this time, it did not feel as if it was the untamed forest fire it had once been. Instead, it had been shaped. Shaped into a lethal adder, ready to strike at its foe, ready to bring down its target with the venom it held inside. Sitting a bit taller, Mottlestar nodded. She still was nowhere near the height of Pricklebush, but the pride still burned the same. ”The alliance with Skyclan was severed the moment he spat that word.” Her words spoke with a finality that was not unlike words that had been spoken by the tom in front of her. Though, truthfully, it hurt to say. She had enjoyed the Skyclan leader’s company, remembered fondly how she had always been there to serve in her defense. But if this was how her Clan treated their allies? It did not matter how much she liked Birdstar as a cat. If she could not control her clanmates? Could not keep her warriors in line? The bitter thought slipped out without her consent. ”Birdstar is hardly a leader if this is how her warriors act.”

As he had brought up her deputy, she couldn’t help but release a terse laugh. ”I had not seen Darkspirit’s shortcomings, but yes, I am glad that Acornstem is with me, too.”

Pricklebush stopped short. His fur stood on end for a moment, as if he sensed a threat. He whipped his head around, then returned his eyes to Mottlestar’s. ”I’m running out of time,” he said urgently. It made the tortoiseshell’s heart sink. ”You know what to do. You’re strong, you’re independent. Your Clan doesn’t need allies, you’ll survive no matter what! Though if you want to take it from me, I’ve got nothing against RiverClan. Mistlebright--I mean. She’s not alive any more and neither am I. But I think that Fish-brain has a better heart in her chest than Bird-brain does. Everything’s up to you, and you’ve got a better head than the lot of them anyway. Nothing can keep you down for long. So don’t stay down, all right? Unsheathe your claws, let out that snarl, and give them a piece of your mind. You hear me?” She sensed the urgency in his voice. Had she not known him better, she would have thought it was desperation for her to listen and understand. But she did understand. So, she gave him a firm nod.

For the first time during this conversation, Pricklebush smiled, though it was a threatening expression with the sharpness of his fangs. Though once again, Mottlestar could tell the threat was not directed at her. ”Make ‘em pay, kid.”

”For you, Pricklebush? Always.”

As the stars had slipped away from her and she returned back to the forest below, Mottlestar had fully anticipated pain to be the very first sensation for her to feel. Instead, it was the ringing in her ears, accompanied by that driving burn in her chest. Her first instinct would have been to find a cold stream to jump into to attempt to quell it, but it was a different type of burn. A burn that pushed her to rise, to open her gaze and survey just how much the battlescape had changed before her. She did not feel any pain, no. She could feel the press of cobwebs on the parts of her body that had been most bloodied, and for a moment, the tortoiseshell wondered if somehow Pricklebush’s work had slipped beyond the stars and with her below.

To say that anger burned in her gaze was an understatement as she looked about. Had she the power, her look alone would have razed the forest to ashes. But instead, she found the apprentice of Skyclan who had taken to attempting to heal her wounds. His name was lost on her mind and tongue, but recognition instantly flickered. Bear.

Rising to her paws in silent threat, her head stayed low as she looked at him. ”Thank you.” The dichotomy of the sincerity in her tone to the predatory look her body exuded was startling at best, even as her gaze had softened towards him. As her gaze slid towards the warrior that was now leaping towards Crocuspaw, though, the tortoiseshell let out a loud snarl. Her claws itched to bound her forward and strike yet again, to deliver the harsh primal justice of battle that had been imbued in all of them. She was not typically a cat to fight, but at the moment? That was all she wanted to do. Fight for her Clan, for the justice that they deserved.

”This is your final warning. Leave. Her snarl was directed right at the warrior who now tangled with her apprentice. Though she would have been quick to strike, she needed time to finish recovering. Her body no longer bled, but the fact remained that she had lost quite a bit of blood. Pricklebush’s work had healed her wounds, yet the damage still had remained. Small as she was, she still needed to catch up to all of the trauma that had happened. She could assess her final wounds later, having Fawnshine complete any extra work that would be necessary.

Mottlestar’s war call was the final opportunity for them to back down. She had made the mental note to not attack the apprentice that had aided her, but the warrior was still fair game. If they left, though, and listened to her chance? Then she would not give chase.

Mottlestar used Resurrection! She recovered 30 HP and used 30 stamina.
Mottlestar
30 / 80 HP [+30]
92 / 170 SP [-30]

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1837

PostSubject: Re: strife [semi-open, @ me on Discord first tho]   strife [semi-open, @ me on Discord first tho] - Page 4 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 11:15

Nearly as soon as he'd punted Crocuspaw away, Graywind finished with her opponent, and quickly re-engaged the tabby tom before he could retaliate. Sunfire couldn't help but breathe a quick sigh of relief... of course he would have willingly faced the other tom, but not having to right now was better - he was exhausted. Blood dripped down his face from the wounds Mottlestar had so pointedly delivered, but Sunfire paid it no mind... now, at least, she was equally as wounded. He would bear the scars of her cruelty forever but neither would she forget the damage he had done in return. Sunfire's simmering yellow gaze slid over to rest on Mottlestar, hoping to see her floundering about on an injured leg, but... she was still. Very still.

A normal cat may have felt some spark of panic, but Sunfire simply did not. She'd started the fight, after all, if she died for it, it was her own stupid fault. Instead, he simply observed as Bearpaw finished off the other ThunderClan apprentice and made his way over to the leader, immediately attempting to staunch the worst of the bleeding. Sunfire stared, disapproving but unmoving, and eventually the little tortoiseshell stirred.

Sunfire bared a tooth and snorted to himself, but deep down the pit of dread in his belly did alleviate just a little. She wasn't dead-dead, and that, at least, may earn him some mercy from his mother. Mottlestar hauled to her feet, turning to murmur something to Bearpaw before turning to snarl at Graywind. The yellow tom stood from his crouch, ignoring the violent pain, and returned with a snarl of his own, but only a second before the ThunderClan leader's words gave them another out.

At first, he was almost insulted. They were winning. Why would they leave? His claws slid into the dirt, preparing once more to engage, but his strength flagged immediately at the thought, body rebelling against his bloodthirst. He couldn't fight her again, and it wouldn't be fair to ask the others to, either.

"Enough," he growled, loudly enough for all of them to hear. His throat was raw, and his voice strained. "SkyClan, we're going home."
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2868

PostSubject: Re: strife [semi-open, @ me on Discord first tho]   strife [semi-open, @ me on Discord first tho] - Page 4 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 13:53

Bluepaw whimpered as bearpaw suddenly shook him off and bit into his shoulder. He fell exhausted to the ground huddling into a ball and tried to cover his throat and neck as he flinched expecting more pain soon. But as he perked an eye open as he lay there exhausted and defeated, he saw bearpaw going away letting him live. He panted heavily the last thing he saw before losing consciousness was mottlestars limp body unmoving and sunfire nearby her. He wanted to get up and run to his fallen leaders side but his paws wouldn’t obey and his eyes slipped shut into darkness as he passed out completely

Bluepaw is knocked out unconscious

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: strife [semi-open, @ me on Discord first tho]   strife [semi-open, @ me on Discord first tho] - Page 4 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 14:46

Bearpaw, rather than continue fighting after knocking away his own opponent, had chosen to try and stop the bleeding of the leader's injuries, though Graywind was sure Starclan would have done that without his help. It should have been treasonous... And maybe it could be seen that way. But if Mottlestar was on her last life, then Sunfire would have done much, much worse than destroy their alliance. The thought sent an icy tendril of dread snaking through Graywind's wispy pelt.

Her only goal right now was to keep this apprentice from attacking another of her clanmates.

Finally, finally, Mottlestar moved. Graywind watched, attention split between the oversized apprentice before her and the small leader. Watching Mottlestar made her feel a little queasy, truthfully. Another demand to leave was issued, and Graywind opened her mouth to reply. Sunfire beat her to it, though, and this time his reply sent a wave of relief over the warrior. Even her brother could see this battle was done.

She stepped away from the apprentice, managing a look of apology in their direction. "It should have never come to this, brother." She muttered finally, then turned her attention toward Bubblepaw and Bearpaw. "Are you two alright? Come on, let's get you back to camp and those wounds looked at..." And stars help us when Birdstar and Wolfblossom catch wind of this harebrained decision.

Graywind has disengaged, costing all remaining hp/sp.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

Characters : Nightstalker - Rom wuz here <3
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan Warrior
Number of posts : 1155

PostSubject: Re: strife [semi-open, @ me on Discord first tho]   strife [semi-open, @ me on Discord first tho] - Page 4 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2023 - 18:35

It seemed the moment that Bubblepaw fell properly, she was swarmed within an instant. The cocky tom that had led his clan into this fight launched himself at her with enough for her to go rolling away from the small grey she-cat. There the tom stood over her protectively, and Crocuspaw advanced with a snarl before she was met with another Skyclan warrior, claws meeting flesh and Crocus was more than ready to meet the warriors assault, but drew to a pause when she realized that Mottlestar was down and dead. And just as Crocuspaw was to continue the fight with what remained of her energy, Mottlestar stirred and challenged the Skyclan warriors again. Bluepaw was down. And Crocuspaw hid her sigh of relief as they backed down and began retreating.

strife [semi-open, @ me on Discord first tho] - Page 4 Dfdosgv-70e9318b-eb4f-43c6-9628-3bb18010e426.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzgyMmY1OGNhLWMyNjAtNDQzYy1iZDIyLWVhNGZiODYxMjFhOFwvZGZkb3Nndi03MGU5MzE4Yi1lYjRmLTQzYzYtOTYyOC0zYmIxODAxMGU0MjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
Nightstalker Tier 5 Warrior of Shadowclan
70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: strife [semi-open, @ me on Discord first tho]   strife [semi-open, @ me on Discord first tho] - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

strife [semi-open, @ me on Discord first tho]
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4