Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Meet Me in the Afterglow [c]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1478

Meet Me in the Afterglow [c] Empty
PostSubject: Meet Me in the Afterglow [c]   Meet Me in the Afterglow [c] EmptyTue 18 Jul 2023 - 4:11

Thrush
nose
"You're on your own, kid. You've always had been."
"You come away with a great little story of a mess of a dreamer with the nerve to adore you."
Daylight spilled down to the leaf-fallen ground with the sunlight hour of the afternoon, joined by two shadows padding across the earth of the woodlands in aligned paw steps. Thrushnose lifted his head to observe his surroundings, the faint flutter of birds' wings and squirrels chittering hidden among tree branches and leaves.

Followed close behind him was Maplepaw, his recently-assigned apprentice for training. Stopping at a clearing with the least leaves being scattered around, he turned around to face her, a smile on his maw. "I hope you had enough rest yesterday, Maplepaw, since today we'll be practicing the basic skill any cat needs to know to be able to provide for their clan," He purred out softly, pausing, "And that would be hunting."

"I will demonstrate for you the hunting stance first, then you try it out yourself." Thrushnose nodded, lowering himself down close to the ground. He hovered just high enough for his fur to not brush up against the ground, but low enough to stalk prey so that they wouldn't spot him. "Shift your weight so that it'll be more towards your haunches instead of your front paws. That way prey won't get startled by your movements or detect them before you can hunt them down." Rising to his normal stance again, he smiled. "Now you try."
ft. Taylor Swift In
— Cold As You
meet me in the afterglow

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart
Back to top Go down
banana

banana

Characters : Whinchatpaw [W], Acornkit [A]
Clan/Rank : Skyclan [W], Windclan [A]
Gemini Pig
Number of posts : 190

PostSubject: Re: Meet Me in the Afterglow [c]   Meet Me in the Afterglow [c] EmptyWed 19 Jul 2023 - 6:36

◇   maplepaw   ◇
"maple, at your service!!"

Maplepaw's eyes glittered with interest at every sight the forest had to offer. The rustle of leaves, the sound of various creatures roaming the area, and even the way the rays of sunlight peeked through the canopy above. Whenever the light danced on the apprentice's pelt, her fur seemed to glow a lovely shade of reddish-brown and she just loved the warmth on her back.

The she-cat matched her pawsteps with her mentor's, following him until he stopped at a small clearing. Maplepaw nodded vigorously when Thrushnose spoke and where he paused she almost confidently spouted How to find perfect spots to make camp!. However, after hearing Thrushnose's continuation to his statement, she felt like drowning in her own fur. Hunting! Of course. She felt so silly for ever thinking otherwise.

Her concentration didn't waver as she observed the warrior's example. Soon it was her turn to give it a go. "Like this?" The apprentice crouched low to the ground and her long coat made it look as if she were almost laying on the ground. It was evident that she had tried to follow Thrushnose's instructions by putting very little pressure on her front paws, but her stance was amateurish and stiff.

"What do I do with my tail?" she asked, flicking her own in the air.

whinchatpaw || skyclan || app || 15hp/30sp* || #91a3b0
acornkit || windclan || unborn kit || 10hp/30sp || #be6565
maplepaw || thunderclan || app || 20hp/60sp || #cea39e
art requests/trades || character profiles!
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Meet Me in the Afterglow [c]   Meet Me in the Afterglow [c] EmptyThu 20 Jul 2023 - 4:58

Thrush
nose
"You come away with a great little story of a mess of a dreamer with the nerve to adore you."
Thrushnose observed his apprentice thoughtfully, nodding at her attempt to descend into a hunting crouch. "Yes, like that. Though, keep your posture relaxed and fluid." He nodded. Although there was still plenty more to be refined, Maple could improve as they learned. He helped her fix some of the more major details to her pose before gently lifting her tail, making sure for it to hover just high enough above the ground. "Keep your tail hovering just high enough above the ground for it to not distract the prey when you approach."

His ears picked up on a nearby rustle of the leaves, and the tom perked with attention. "I'll guide you through a demonstration, alright?" He smiled. Quickly dropping down into a crouch, he stalked the nearby squirrel on the ground, it being blissfully unaware of his presence. Waiting until it was the perfect moment to strike, he leaped forward and captured it with a swift blow to the neck. "Like that!" Thrushnose beamed, grateful for the successful catch to show Maplepaw. "Now, the next thing you'd want to do is to hide your catches somewhere predators won't be able to easily find. That'll keep them safe until we can bring our catches back to camp." He nodded, gesturing towards the nearby roots of an oak tree, where a small space conveniently lay.

Thrushnose attempted to hunt Squirrel for 3 SP. It was a Success!

Thrushnose
117/120 SP (-3)

hunting system guide! cre:
ft. Taylor Swift In
— Cold As You
meet me in the afterglow

Last edited by Arcana on Thu 20 Jul 2023 - 5:17; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15066

PostSubject: Re: Meet Me in the Afterglow [c]   Meet Me in the Afterglow [c] EmptyThu 20 Jul 2023 - 4:58

The member 'Arcana' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3

Meet Me in the Afterglow [c] Mistpe10
Meet Me in the Afterglow [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
banana

banana

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: Meet Me in the Afterglow [c]   Meet Me in the Afterglow [c] EmptySat 22 Jul 2023 - 5:02

◇   maplepaw   ◇

Maplepaw let the experienced warrior adjust her pose, keeping still and trying her best to memorize the little details mentioned by the tom."This is a lot more complicated than I thought it would be, Thrushnose..." she responded, as he gently lifted her tail. There were so many things to remember!

Suddenly, a small rustling noise drew her mentor's attention away and he immediately delved into a thorough demonstration. The apprentice bobbed her head at the tom and studied his approach. He drops into his crouch so easily... it's so graceful! Touching her black tipped nose upwards, she sniffed carefully. He's after a squirrel! Delighted at her ability to identify the prey, she turned back to watch Thrushnose lunge in one fluid motion and deliver the killing bite in quick succession.

"That was... amazing! You must have practiced a whole bunch to catch that squirrel so perfectly!" she gushed excitedly.

If she weren't still frozen in the modified hunting crouch Thrushnose had shown her, Maplepaw would have hopped to see the storage space he was talking about. However, the apprentice desired to try it for herself. "I'm gonna give it a go now, 'kay?" she mewed, waiting for a nod before once again raising her nose to the sky.

Hm... I smell a whole lot of things here. It was a brief moment before she managed to sort out a specific scent from the jumble of smells. I remember this scent! It tasted so good... Her mouth was already watering at the thought of the large-eared prey. Pin-pointing where that rodent was proved to be difficult for a first-timer using only her nose. The helpful noise of scrabbling came from just under a bush to her right.

Slowly, Maplepaw eased out of her stiff crouch and silently stalked towards the scent. Eyes landing on a small mouse, the apprentice pounced into the foliage. Maplepaw instinctively shut her eyes the moment she crashed into the bush, but she felt fur in her claws. Peeking down at her paws, the mouse squirmed and she remembered to quickly kill it just as her mentor had.

An immense feeling of pride blossomed in her chest as she presented her prey to the warrior. "I did it, Thrushnose! The clan is never gonna go hungry now that I know how to hunt." she smiled, giddy with the thought of her new-found ability.

Maplepaw attempted to hunt a mouse (rodent) for 3sp! It was successful!

Maplepaw
20/20hp
57/60sp (-3)

Last edited by banana on Sat 22 Jul 2023 - 5:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Meet Me in the Afterglow [c]   Meet Me in the Afterglow [c] EmptySat 22 Jul 2023 - 5:02

The member 'banana' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 4

Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Meet Me in the Afterglow [c]   Meet Me in the Afterglow [c] EmptySun 23 Jul 2023 - 19:42

Thrush
nose
Thrushnose's eyes lit up in glee as Maplepaw complimented him, feeling strange for being amazed at a skill so regular. "Well, you learn to just kind of do that with instinct over time. It's not that impressive, really." He chuckled, his tail lifted high up in happiness despite the modesty he showed. Moving over to put his catch under the hiding spot he had mentioned, the tom nodded, observing with attentiveness as Maplepaw went for her first catch.

As soon as the she-cat rose to show him the prey she held between her teeth, Thrushnose beamed with pride. "Good job, Maplepaw! You did it." He grinned, nodding in the encouragement of her abilities. "Now let's see if there are any other prey nearby here..." He hummed in thought, nose held high to detect scents of upcoming prey.

A flash of talons and a pair of wings whooshed by, followed by an immense sting that made him hiss in pain. The warrior's fur stood on end, bristled and triggered by instincts from the slash on his shoulder. "Stand back, Maplepaw! He yelled, tail lashing sharply behind himself as he stood protectively in front of his apprentice. "It's an owl. They're quick creatures with sharp talons—but they're only good on air. Let me pin it down for you first, then you can attack." He instructed her, keeping a close eye on the winged creature.

Perhaps the place they'd hidden their prey was too close to the owl's nest. Well, how were they supposed to know, anyway? Taking the opportunity as the owl swooped down again to go for his back, he leaped up and tumbled the creature to the ground, pinning its wings shut as best as he could to give Maplepaw an opportunity to strike.

Owl appeared! Owl used Talon Strike on Thrushnose for 10 SP, dealing 7 damage!
Thrushnose used Leap and Hold for 15 SP, dealing 8 damage! Owl is pinned for 2 turns!

Owl (pinned)
22/30 HP (-8)
980/90 SP (-10)

Thrushnose
43/50 HP (-7)
102/120 SP (-15)
ft. Taylor Swift In
— Cold As You
meet me in the afterglow

Last edited by Arcana on Sun 23 Jul 2023 - 19:48; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Meet Me in the Afterglow [c]   Meet Me in the Afterglow [c] EmptySun 23 Jul 2023 - 19:45

(forgot to roll effect dice)

Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Meet Me in the Afterglow [c]   Meet Me in the Afterglow [c] EmptySun 23 Jul 2023 - 19:45

The member 'Arcana' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 6

Back to top Go down
banana

banana

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: Meet Me in the Afterglow [c]   Meet Me in the Afterglow [c] EmptySun 30 Jul 2023 - 5:15

◇   maplepaw   ◇

Maplepaw followed Thrushnose's example and observed their surroundings. Strange... What's that? The apprentice puzzled over this new scent that hung in the air. All of a sudden, the wind whipped in her ears and she caught a flash of feathers.

"Thrushnose-!" she cried out as the sharp-eyed bird's claws met the tom's shoulder. Red drops were drawn from the wound, causing the apprentice's fur to rise in fear and worry. Her heart was practically leaping out of her chest, but Thrushnose blocked her from the predator's view.

Even during a situation where faced against a formidable foe, the warrior was not unnerved. His voice rang above the owl's shrieks, calm and collected. It was a grounding comfort to the young she-cat. The tom quickly managed to pin down the large creature and Maplepaw didn't hesitate to put her claws into it. A blow on its head for hurting her mentor. Another blow for disrupting their previously lovely hunt. There was a nagging unpleasant feeling with the knowledge that they most likely would have to kill the bird, one that was a first for the apprentice. Still, she striked with all her might, knowing that she was protecting both herself, Thrushnose, and the clan.

Maplepaw used Front Paw Strike for 7sp, dealing 6hp damage on the Owl! The Owl is pinned for one more turn.

Owl (pinned for one more turn)
16/30 HP (-6)
980/90 SP

Thrushnose
43/50 HP
87/120 SP (-15)

Maplepaw
20/20HP
53/60SP(-7)

Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Meet Me in the Afterglow [c]   Meet Me in the Afterglow [c] EmptyTue 1 Aug 2023 - 6:38

Thrush
nose
Thrushnose bit back the pain, his eyes instead gleaming with an obvious sense of pride despite all the adrenaline. Good. She's not hesitating. The last he'd want to do is cause Maplepaw to worry and instead get distracted in the middle of the fight; they still had an owl to end, after all. "I'm fine!" He forced a grin, digging his claws deeper into the owl's flesh through its bunch of feathers, and causing it to cry out in pain. The creature writhed underneath him, kicking and barking desperately to escape from the tom's hold. "Just focus on striking its wings! Don't let it fly again."

Thrushnose continued to use Leap and Hold, using 15 SP and dealing 8 damage! Owl is pinned. (Last turn)

Owl (pinned)
8/30 HP (-8)
980/90 SP

Thrushnose
43/50 HP
87/120 SP (-15)

Maplepaw
20/20HP
53/60SP
ft. Taylor Swift In
— Cold As You
meet me in the afterglow

Last edited by Arcana on Sat 5 Aug 2023 - 2:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
banana

banana

Gemini Pig

PostSubject: Re: Meet Me in the Afterglow [c]   Meet Me in the Afterglow [c] EmptySat 5 Aug 2023 - 1:58

◇   maplepaw   ◇

Maplepaw cringed at the owl's piercing shrieks. Stars- my ears! The apprentice could feel her heartbeat thudding powerfully as the two battled down the bird. Thrushnose was bravely holding it down, but the owl didn't cease beating its wings in protest. The warrior instructed his mentee to put a stop to it and so she obeyed.

With a fearsome yowl, Maplepaw raised herself onto her haunches before slamming her claws down into the creature's feathered body. They must have dug deep for the bird's screeches had stilled. When the owl was no longer moving, she finally let go and drew back from the scene. "...are you okay, Thrushnose?" she asked at last. Adrenaline no longer rushing through her veins, the apprentice suddenly felt wary. Wide eyes swept the clearing for any other signs of the owl's kind.

Maplepaw used Killing Strike on the Owl, dealing -8hp and costing -10sp. The Owl has been KO-ed.

Owl (KO-ed
0/30 HP (-8)
80/90 SP

Thrushnose
43/50 HP
87/120 SP

Maplepaw
20/20HP
43/60SP(-10)

Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Meet Me in the Afterglow [c]   Meet Me in the Afterglow [c] EmptySat 5 Aug 2023 - 2:49

Thrush
nose
Thrushnose watched as the owl struggled under his apprentice's claws, letting out one last cry of agony before eventually succumbing from its injuries. Once the bird had fallen limp, he let out a small wince, removing his claws from sinking into the creature and letting it free. He turned to his apprentice, keeping his voice calm despite the stinging pain of the talons that moments ago just tore into his skin. He briefly offered his injuries a glance, shaking his head in dismissal in hopes of reassuring Maplepaw.

"I'll be fine, Maplepaw. I'll go back and ask Echopaw or Fawnshine to give my injuries a quick lookover." Thrushnose nodded, looking back at his apprentice with a more concerned expression. "What about you? Did the owl get you anywhere?" He scanned her for injuries, frowning.

(ooc: small reminder that this is before echosong got his full name)
ft. Taylor Swift In
— Cold As You
meet me the afterglow

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet Me in the Afterglow [c]   Meet Me in the Afterglow [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

Meet Me in the Afterglow [c]
Page 1 of 1