Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Bird club (closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1250

Bird club (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Bird club (closed)   Bird club (closed) EmptyFri Jun 02, 2023 1:45 pm

Shrewpaw looked around the apprentice's den, green eyes studying every single body in the darkness. She had waited a long time for the other apprentices to fall asleep, and now that she was sure they wouldn't wake she would make her move. Leaping from her nest, Shrewpaw carefully picked her way around the bodies of her clanmates until she stopped in front of a tom. He looked so peaceful in his sleep... "Cedarpaw." She whispered, pushing a gentle yet insistent paw into the tom's side. "Meet me outside, I've got something to show you." This was more important that having a good night of sleep, she was sure he would agree.

The golden apprentice emerged from the den to a sky full of stars, each of them glowing brightly in the sky. It was almost as if Starclan was giving her permission for what they were about to do. Maybe one of those stars was Sunfire, oh! Did that star just wink at her? Was that even possible? You're probably just tired.

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

Bird club (closed) Output12                   Bird club (closed) Output10                          Bird club (closed) Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [S]piderkit
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [S] SC Kit
Number of posts : 691

Bird club (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bird club (closed)   Bird club (closed) EmptyFri Jun 02, 2023 2:38 pm

Cedarpaw

Stats: 20 HP / 60 SP

Cedarpaw, after a few days of being an apprentice, was starting to grow accustomed to sleeping in the apprentice's den.

For the first time in days, he'd finally gotten a good nights sleep. So, when Shrewpaw nudged him away, Cedarpaw couldn't tell if he was irritated or excited to see her. After a moment, he decided that it was better to be excited.

Releasing a huge yawn, Cedarpaw nodded, watching as Shrewpaw ducked out of the den. The tom blearily rubbed his face against his paws before he finally got up and slid silently out of the den. Everyone was still asleep, so it must be pretty early still.

Cedarpaw looked around once out of the apprentice's den, pleased to see that the clearing was empty aside from him and Shrewpaw. The young apprentice peered curiously at Shrewpaw, his head cocked to the side.

What could she possibly need to show him this early in the morning? The tom looked up at the sky and frowned. Or rather, this late at night. Dawn still looked a few hours away.

"What's up? I was having a really good dream, I'll have you know." Though his words were sharp, Cedarpaw's eyes were bright with excitement. Shrewpaw definitely had something fun planned, he just knew it!

She was probably the more fun cat he'd met, after all. Which wasn't really saying much, considering he didn't know all that many cats personally.

Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)

Bird club (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bird club (closed)   Bird club (closed) EmptySun Jun 04, 2023 2:07 am

"It couldn't have been that good of a dream, unless I was in it. I bet I was, were you dreaming of me and all the fun we're about to have?" That had to be it! Flashing the tom a mischievous smile, Shrewpaw began padding toward the entrance to camp.

"Y’know, I've been hanging around the elders a lot lately, and they've been telling me stories about a certain place in our territory. It's home to a huge bird, one that we've never seen before! It only comes out at night though, so this is the perfect time to go check it out." The gold apprentice stopped, turning to face Cedarpaw. If they left camp now they would be breaking the rules, but it would be so worth it! "I hear it can be pretty dangerous to go alone, but if I had my bird buddy with me..."

Truthfully, Shrewpaw was too scared to go on her own. It had nothing to do with the danger the bird posed, but rather with how dark it was out there. Something about not being able to see clearly freaked the she-cat out. All those shadows that twisted just out of sight, the eerie atmosphere, and all the sounds of things that she just couldn't see was frightening. Having Cedarpaw at her side would ease those fears, he would make her feel more brave than what she actually was.

"Will you come with me?" The molly asked, a pleading look in her eyes. Shrewpaw would beg him to join her if she had to, though she didn't want it to come to that. Say yes say yes!

MORE ART!!:

Bird club (closed) Output12                   Bird club (closed) Output10                          Bird club (closed) Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw ; [S]piderkit
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice ; [S] SC Kit

Bird club (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bird club (closed)   Bird club (closed) EmptySun Jun 04, 2023 2:12 pm

Cedarpaw

Cedarpaw hesitated, then stiffly looked away. As a matter of fact, Shrewpaw had been in his dream. Copperpaw as well actually. He didnt remember most of the dream, but it had started with him and Shrewpawon a midnight rendezvous errily similar to this one.

However, he was already embarrassed enough without saying it out loud and Shrewpaw was already headed away, so he hurried to catch up to her. The red and white apprentice nodded along as she spoke, curious to see where this was going. The tom's ears twitched back and he frowned slightly.

This didnt sound like a very good idea.

A huge, dangerous bird AND leaving the camp in the middle of the night without telling anyone? Yeah, this had 'bad idea' all over it. Yet...Cedarpaw narrowed his eyes at Shrewpaw. If she went alone, she could get seriously hurt, lost, or worse!

Yeah, no chance was he gonna let that happen to his bird buddy. And besides, how could he say no to that face?

With a sigh, Cedarpaw nudged Shrewpaw affectionately and grinned. "Alright, alright, I'll go." He smirked playfully and added, "You're lucky I'm just as curious. Plus, I dont know if I could live with myself if something happened to you."

He gave one last cursory look around the camp before nodding. It was deserted. Everyone was asleep by now and the weather was perfect for a midnight stroll. With a flick of his tail, Cedarpaw beckoned to Shrewpaw. "Lead the way."

Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Bird club (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bird club (closed)   Bird club (closed) EmptyMon Jun 05, 2023 11:32 pm

Yes! A smile retook Shrewpaw's face, banishing any hints of fear or doubt. His next words however playful still made the she-cat shrink slightly in embarrassment. Something about that made her feel warm and fuzzy, like she was curled up in the nursery napping with her brother and sister again. "I'll make sure nothing bad ever happens to me, then. As long as you make sure nothing bad happens to you either." No, it wasn't the time for this. They had a lot of ground to cover if the elder's stories were true, and they could always chat on their way, something she had already planned on doing. Besides, the longer they stood around talking the the better their chances of getting discovered.

"Stick close to me, okay? Real close." Shrewpaw had originally planned to walk so close to him that their pelts would touch, but she supposed that would make it hard for her to lead Cedarpaw to their destination. She'd settle for a good conversation as they made their way instead. Turning to face the camp's entrance once more, the golden molly took a deep breath. Then she took her first steps out of camp.

If Shrewpaw was being honest with herself, she had no idea where they were going. The extent of her knowledge was what the elders had told her, which was something like "It's west of camp, near Fourtrees. If you reach the river you've gone too far. Hey! Watch where you're using that stuff!" She wasn't much of a navigator, but if they kept going in this direction they had to reach something. Maybe they could look for the river and try to find their way from there?

The golden she-cat glanced at her companion. Would he be upset if he knew they were technically lost? Just keep him talking, he won't notice if he's not thinking about it. That was a good idea! "So... How do you like being an apprentice? Is it as fun as you thought it would be?" That seemed like a normal thing to ask.

MORE ART!!:

Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Bird club (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bird club (closed)   Bird club (closed) EmptyTue Jun 06, 2023 1:07 pm

Cedarpaw

Cedarpaw nodded approvingly, not noticing Shrewpaw's discomfort with what he had said. "Good, I'll hold you to that. And I'll be careful too - I promise." The tom smiled, but it didn't quite reach his eyes. He knew that it would be a difficult promise to keep. Bad things happen all of the time, but he would certainly try.

Finally, Shrewpaw decided that it was time to go. Just in time too - he was starting to think that she was a bit afraid to go into the forest at night. Not that he blamed her. Who knew what lurked out there at night.

He hummed in agreement and followed closely behind as Shrewpaw led the way out of the camp. Though he'd been in Thunderclan's territory plenty of times by now, he'd rarely been out after the sun had set. And never when the entire clan was asleep.

He looked around curiously as they walked, taking in the moonlit scenery. It definitely looked different out here without the sun to light everything up with a golden hue. The shadows now were long and they seemed to almost swallow everything they touched. Cedarpaw strained to see deeper into the darkness, but eventually gave up with a shrug.

Admittedly, it was quite pretty. The way the silver moonlight fell on dew covered foliage was so beautiful in a fragile kind of way.

Cedarpaw peered ahead at Shrewpaw, wondering it she was thinking the same thing. It seemed unlikely, she was probably looking forward to seeing the great bird the elders had told her about. Though...they had been walking for quite a while. The elders did tell her where to find the bird...right?

The tom flinched when Shrewpaw's voice suddenly broke the ethereal silence and he focused back on her. "Oh, it's pretty great! Acornstem is a good mentor. Maybe a bit...over enthusiastic for me, but she's already taught me a lot."

Cedarpaw looked around cautiously, suddenly not sure where they were. "Hey, you know where we're going, right? i don't think I've been over here before..."

Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Bird club (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bird club (closed)   Bird club (closed) EmptyThu Jun 08, 2023 11:22 pm

"That's good! At least she's training you, my mentor hasn't taken me training at all. Can you believe that? If she keeps waiting you'll become a warrior before me, then you'll end up forgetting all about me!" At this rate Shrewpaw felt as if she would be an apprentice forever. Copperpaw would find her way to the warrior's den alongside Cedarpaw, and she would be all alone in the apprentice's den with no one to sleep next to. That made the she-cat shudder. She'd have to force Firefly out of camp some time soon to prevent that dark future.

Shrewpaw froze at her companion's question. So her plan wouldn't work, that was fine! She could just lie about knowing where they were! "Of course! If we keep heading this way we'll..." The molly trailed off, feeling disgusted with herself. How could she lie to Cedarpaw? He meant almost as much to her as Copperpaw, and Shrewpaw would never even dream of lying to her. Turning to face the tom, Shrewpaw lowered her head in shame. "No. I've never been out of camp before, but the elders told me how to find it. I thought I could figure it out on my own."

This wasn't how this was supposed to go. They were supposed to have a fun time finding the owl, and Shrewpaw would be the one showing cool things to Cedarpaw, but now it would end with Cedarpaw being upset with her for getting them lost. She didn't even want to look at him out of fear of what she might see on his face. Anger most likely, but if there was even a hint of disappointment on his face... "I'm sorry Cedarpaw. I thought this would be easy..."

MORE ART!!:

Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Bird club (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bird club (closed)   Bird club (closed) EmptySat Jun 10, 2023 3:27 pm

Cedarpaw

Cedarpaw frowned at Shrewpaw's admission. It must be pretty boring with her mentor neglecting her. What did she do if she wasn't training? Just...lounge around the camp or clean the elder's bedding - maybe deal with the occasional tick?

The red apprentice couldn't imagine Acornstem doing something like that. She may be the deputy now, but that didn't affect her training him at all. His gaze softened and he caught up to walk alongside Shrewpaw. "I would never forget you!" His voice echoed through the trees at the exclamation.

Somewhat embarrassed, Cedarpaw continued in a more hushed tone. "You're my best friend Shrewpaw. Even if you vanished, I would always remember you."

Cedarpaw's ears turned warm as he spoke. Something about those words seemed so final - and so strange as well.

At his question, however, Shrewpaw seemed to lock up. His amber gaze flitted to her and he narrowed his eyes. She did know where they were, right? His ears flattened against his skull at her next words and his fur bristled fearfully. She was lost!? No - they were lost!

Suddenly, the sounds of the dark woods around them seemed a whole lot scarier. Branches clattering in the breeze sent down a shower of leaves and Cedarpaw flinched. Somehow, he'd felt a lot safer under the pretense that Shrewpaw knew where to go. For all they knew, they could've wandered right into a badger's den!

That was...highly unlikely though.

Cedarpaw sniffed the air and relaxed. At the very least, they were still on Thunderclan territory...maybe, they could just follow their scent trail back to the camp? Yes, that was a good idea.

"I-It's okay. Mistakes happen, y'know." Inside, Cedarpaw was secretly relieved he hadn't let Shrewpaw out here on her own, anything could have happened to her! Stepping forward, the tom touched his nose reassuringly to Shrewpaw's shoulder.

"Hey, it's okay." He looked softly at Shrewpaw. Had it been just about anyone else, he might've had words for them, but not Shrewpaw, he couldn't bring himself to be angry at her.

"Why don't we head home, okay? We can follow our scent trail back to the camp." Just as the words left the tom's mouth, a loud hooting sound echoed from the canopy above. Cedarpaw's fur stood on end at the eerie sound and he looked around, frantically trying to identify the creature.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bird club (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bird club (closed)   Bird club (closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Bird club (closed)
Page 1 of 1