Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The Bird and the Bee [closed]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 2502

The Bird and the Bee [closed] Empty
PostSubject: The Bird and the Bee [closed]   The Bird and the Bee [closed] EmptySat 4 Apr 2020 - 20:19

Beepaw often found himself wrapped up in patrols he didn't really intend to be on. Mostly, he said yes to far too many. Every time he was approached, he found himself pressured by some unknown being to go along. It was nobody's fault but his own, and that was how he ended up on a dawn hunt after far too little rest the night before. There was a leak right above his nest, dripping on his tail. It was enough to make him miss the nursery. Even if there was a stray leak on a rainy or snow night, his mother would curl herself around him and his siblings to make it more comfortable. There was no such comfort in the apprentice den. Just a couple juvenile shoves, a smattering of "get-off-my-tail"s, and more jokes about Beepaw's lisp for his taste. It was enough to make him want to pry his oversized teeth out of his jaw.

The sunlight was glaring, but after a quick look around the territory, the leader of the patrol turned to look at the rest of the cats. "It's too wet for us all to stay in one place and still catch something. Beepaw, Robinpaw, will you two go that way? Us warriors are going to spread out, but I'd feel better if the apprentices could stick together."

Beepaw's ears pricked up, giving away his fervent excitement. No warriors? Fantastic! He hadn't realized that Robinpaw was the other apprentice with them. To be quite honest, he had dragged himself out of his nest with little regard to the cats around him. With this newfound freedom, though, he was wide awake. "Mhm!" He gave the mostly-grey apprentice a wide grin and started off. "I hope there are birds out. You can hear them singing. Since I'm kinda big, I can get high enough to catch them on their way up. It's real fun!"

The Bird and the Bee [closed] TpKJUN0

Rushkit | RiverClan Kit | #4b5320
Lionpaw | ThunderClan Apprentice | #cb945f

Back to top Go down
cotton
Former Staff
Former Staff
cotton

Characters : [S]mallstar [A]stershine [J]ayfrost [F]allowpaw ----- DECEASED: Robinloft Clementine Elsa, Morningpaw,
Libra Dog
Number of posts : 2016

PostSubject: Re: The Bird and the Bee [closed]   The Bird and the Bee [closed] EmptySat 4 Apr 2020 - 22:56

Robinpaw groaned as the Newleaf sun shined in her eyes. Why did it seem like she always had to go on the dawn patrol? She thought that she'd made it very clear that she liked sleeping in until sunup, and that she absolutely despised mornings. Yet, she still found herself being ordered to go out when the sun was but a sliver above the horizon. At least she wasn't stuck with the worst of cats. She didn't necessarily hate any of her clanmates, but some of them weren't her first pick to be stuck on patrol with. Take Vixenpaw for example. She's fun to be around at times, but sometimes she can be quite a bully. It was still fun putting worms in her nest though! But instead of being on patrol with some cat she dreaded, she found herself with Beepaw, a shy but good-natured apprentice.

It wasn't too long into the patrol when the warrior in charge came to a halt and turned around to face the rest of the hunting party. The she-cat pricked her ears when she heard that she and Beepaw would be separating from the patrol without any warriors. Great! Now she could finally have some fun without being scolded! After giving a quick nod to the patrol leader, she scurried off after Beepaw, a wide smile across her face. She walked alongside Beepaw as he began to talk about catching birds. She'd rather do something more entertaining, but if the two apprentices showed up empty handed, they's surely get scolded, so bird catching sounded like a good idea. "Sounds like fun! It does sound like there's a lot of birds out today." Her green eyes sparkled with excitement. "I suppose you'd like to lead the way? It was your idea to go bird hunting, after all."

∞ Former Windclan Leader ∞ || Former Site Adminsitrator

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://kiz-mett.carrd.co/
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: The Bird and the Bee [closed]   The Bird and the Bee [closed] EmptyTue 7 Apr 2020 - 22:04

"Oh! Good!" Beepaw whispered, quite surprised that she had actually agreed with him. The overgrown tom sniffed the air deeply, searching out the strongest source of bird-y smell. He followed it through the bushes and found himself eyeing a robin. The bird was firmly set on a few loose seeds and grains that were strewn across the forest floor. The apprentice wiggled his haunches and sprung out at the bird...

Beepaw attempted to catch a bird. It was... successful!
77/80 SP

He swatted at his prey as it took flight, pitching it towards the ground. Beepaw caught the thing as it chirped and flapped under the weight of his paw. He quickly snipped its little spine and came trotting back up to Robinpaw, grinning through the feathers. He had gotten a lot better since he hunted with Dacedream. "Look!" he said, muffled. "It's you!" The apprentice tucked the freshkill away to find later. "Okay, your turn!"

Last edited by Grizzly on Tue 7 Apr 2020 - 22:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15033

PostSubject: Re: The Bird and the Bee [closed]   The Bird and the Bee [closed] EmptyTue 7 Apr 2020 - 22:04

The member 'Grizzly' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5

The Bird and the Bee [closed] Mistpe10
The Bird and the Bee [closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
cotton
Former Staff
Former Staff
cotton

Characters : [S]mallstar [A]stershine [J]ayfrost [F]allowpaw ----- DECEASED: Robinloft Clementine Elsa, Morningpaw,
Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Bird and the Bee [closed]   The Bird and the Bee [closed] EmptyThu 9 Apr 2020 - 10:17

Robinpaw looked after Beepaw as he padded deeper into the trees before following him, but keeping enough distance so she wouldn't scare off any prey he was after. She sat down when Beepaw seemed to be in pursuit of something so the prey wouldn't know she was there.  It was only but a few moments later when she saw him spring into the air and bring down a bird as it was beginning to take off. She walked up to meet him afterwards and laughed when he said the robin was her. "So it is!" She mewed. "Yeah, I guess it is my turn." Sniffing the air, Robinpaw searched for the scent of prey, finally lowering her head when she scented Sparrow. She followed the scent until she caught sight of the bird, who seemed to be busy pecking at the ground in search of food. She edged up behind it and jumped, bringing down the bird as it tried flying away. She gave the sparrow a swift bite to the neck before picking it up. Satisfied with her catch, she puffed out her chest and held her head high as she walked back to meet Beepaw once more. "Look what I caught!" She said, her voice muffled beneath the feathers. She quickly hid her prey and faced Beepaw. "Do you think this is enough or should we do a bit more hunting?"

Robinpaw successfully caught a bird, costing 3 SP

78/80 SP

Spoiler:

Last edited by Cotton on Thu 9 Apr 2020 - 10:27; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15033

PostSubject: Re: The Bird and the Bee [closed]   The Bird and the Bee [closed] EmptyThu 9 Apr 2020 - 10:17

The member 'Cotton' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5

The Bird and the Bee [closed] Mistpe10
The Bird and the Bee [closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: The Bird and the Bee [closed]   The Bird and the Bee [closed] EmptyMon 13 Apr 2020 - 21:02

Beepaw looked down at their decent catches, pleased with himself at their lucky hunt. It felt like he was never able to get two in a row. It was nice to be able to show something for his efforts, even if he didn't really think they were worth much. Robinpaw gave him a decision to make. Though it was a mostly inconsequential one, he still felt pressure to say the right thing (whatever "the right thing" even meant). Hesitantly, Beepaw flopped on his side. "I dunno, would you rather be doing something else?" he asked, hoping that she might have some better way to spend the morning. After all, it wasn't fruitless. Newleaf was an easy season, from what he had figured out. It might be nice to do something else for a change.

Beepaw looked around, brow furrowed in confusion. "Shucks, there's not much to do anyway, is there? Unless you have an idea."

Back to top Go down
cotton
Former Staff
Former Staff
cotton

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: The Bird and the Bee [closed]   The Bird and the Bee [closed] EmptySat 18 Apr 2020 - 13:19

"I don't really mind hunting, but having fun is always better, don't you think?" She asked, looking down at Beepaw before flopping down next to him. "I think we could do something fun before returning to the patrol. After all, we do have prey, so it's not as if we can be scolded for not hunting" She mewed, looking up at the trees. "Maybe we could play a game? I know it's more of a kit thing, but maybe we could play a game that could be considered as "training", like racing to the top of a tree? I don't know, we could always head back to the patrol." She shrugged.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: The Bird and the Bee [closed]   The Bird and the Bee [closed] EmptySun 26 Apr 2020 - 17:45

ooc: AAAAH I'M SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONg

Beepaw looked at the nearest tree, a tall, coniferous one that was quite rare for ThunderClan's neck of the woods. The cone shape gave for very sturdy climbing branches, and when you spent most of your time on the ground, a little extra help would be useful. "How about that one?" he asked.

The apprentice padded up to the base of the tree and put one paw on the thick trunk, spreading out his claws. A sudden plan dawned on him, and he smirked mischievously. Beepaw shuffled his hindquarters and geared up for the first ascent. "Ready? One..." he began. He peered at Robinpaw and began to heartily laugh at what was to come.

"...TWOTHREEGO!" he shouted, headbutting Robinpaw and taking a headstart up the tree, grunting as he grappled with the pointy needles. "I got ya, I got ya!" he sang, panting with the effort of staying in the lead.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bird and the Bee [closed]   The Bird and the Bee [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Bird and the Bee [closed]
Page 1 of 1