Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Spring's Shine [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2969

Spring's Shine [C] Empty
PostSubject: Spring's Shine [C]   Spring's Shine [C] EmptySun Jun 26, 2022 1:53 pm

Poppyshine

“Good evening, Maplespring,” Poppyshine called as she entered the nursery. Almost every day, Poppyshine had gone in to see Maplespring and the kits. The kits were old enough to wander around the camp now, and Poppyshine knew that they would be apprentice-aged soon. That meant that Maplespring would be moving out of the nursery at one point—but that was something for another day, with discussion with Perchstar. “How are you doing today?” She’d brought fresh moss for Maplespring’s nest, hoping to make sure she was comfortable, and she dropped it off at Maplespring’s side.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4942

Spring's Shine [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring's Shine [C]   Spring's Shine [C] EmptyThu Jun 30, 2022 5:45 pm

Maplespring had dozed off earlier in the afternoon, just as the sun had began setting. It was so easy to fall asleep these days, especially given the fact she was following after five kits at once. Well, more like four, given Sleepykit had been so, so much more timid than the rest. Her tendencies to do nothing but sleep worried the queen from time to time, but, she kept going every single day. Just like Maplespring did. She herself could feel weariness of a different type tugging at her bones, and even noticed in the reflection of the ponds near the edges of camp that her fur didn't look as full as it used to. She looked much more... dull. Like leaf-fall.

Nevertheless, her head rose at the call of the deputy. Her green eyes even seemed more dull than usual, and it took effort to heave herself upwards. Her kits were probably off playing, given that they were old enough to do such. She trusted them enough to play, and trusted her instincts to drag her outside should they be causing too much trouble. "Evening, Poppyshine." She greeted back, dipping her head as she pawed the moss closer to her. Instinctually she began kneading it into her bed, her claws tearing away the old bits. It took... so much energy. But she managed. "Oh, same as always." Maplespring acknowledged. "How about you? Still getting around just fine?" She knew the deputy was an expecting mother herself, and perhaps that was why it was so easy to get along with her.

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

Spring's Shine [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring's Shine [C]   Spring's Shine [C] EmptyThu Jun 30, 2022 6:59 pm

Poppyshine

Poppyshine laughed and looked down at her own swollen belly. She would be good for the upcoming Gathering, but following that, she knew that she would have to retire to the nursery until her kits were delivered. She certainly was not going to make a big fuss with kitting at the Gathering like that SkyClan cat had. “Oh, I’m managing. I’ll probably work right up until it’s time to kit. Then it will be your turn to take care of me, hmm?” She chuckled and began to add new moss to Maplespring’s nest.

She glanced at Maplespring, feeling a nervousness boiling in her stomach. Maplespring seemed far more tired as of late, even after she recovered from kitting. Perhaps she would have to speak with Dovesight about herbs that would help Maplespring keep her strength up. “Do you need anything more? I’ve got some fresh bedding for you, but I can bring you some dinner, or some herbs if you need.” Poppyshine sat down and offered Maplespring a gentle smile.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Sagittarius Horse

Spring's Shine [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring's Shine [C]   Spring's Shine [C] EmptyFri Jul 01, 2022 5:44 am

Maplespring couldn't help but chuckle at the idea of Poppyshine tirelessly working, even while she was practically waddling across camp. "Trust me, I would've been the same way." Actually carrying kits was strangely easier and harder at the same time than actually attempting to herd them once they were in the world. At the very least, they stayed all in one place, even if it sometimes had felt like she was dragging a fox across her back when walking. Even with all that said, the queen knew she wouldn't trade motherhood for anything else in the world.

"I'm alright, but I appreciate it. Truly, Poppyshine, your kits are going to have an amazing mother if you have such a big heart for even me of all cats." She complimented the calico molly, headbutting her shoulder playfully as they both worked to settle Maplespring's refreshed nest. Once it was, she instantly settled back down, and it was like a big wave of relief settling over her. "I'm really thankful that Riverclan was graceful enough to take me in. After how upset Shrikestar was... I'm very thankful." She rambled a bit. It seemed about every other time Poppyshine came around, she said thank you in some way. It was practically an old drone at this point, but it was one that she made a point to make.

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

Spring's Shine [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring's Shine [C]   Spring's Shine [C] EmptyFri Jul 01, 2022 9:50 am

Poppyshine

Poppyshine settled down in front of Maplespring’s nest, hoping to keep her company for a bit. She mewed, “Shrikestar was rather foolish to let someone like you go. You’re a wonderful asset to any clan, Maplespring.” She smiled and played around with a loose tuft of moss. “I will admit, though, that I was surprised when you showed up and claimed Owlshriek as the father. I didn’t strike him as the type.” She set down the loose moss. “I can’t blame you, though. He is a rather charming cat, isn’t he?” Poppyshine chuckled.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

Spring's Shine [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring's Shine [C]   Spring's Shine [C] EmptyFri Jul 01, 2022 10:13 am

Maplespring looked down at her paws, bashful at the compliment the deputy offered her way. Foolish to get rid of her? She'd broken the code, it almost surprised the golden tabby she hadn't been banished sooner. After all, it wasn't just the litter of kits between Owlshriek and herself that she had technically broken the code for. She had let him rest on Windclan territory, and even brought Riverclan prey.

"He is a rather charming cat, isn't he?

Oh, stars. That barely scratched the surface.

"Owlshriek is... certainly charming, to say the least." She chuckled. "It's kind of hard not to fall head-over-paws for a tom who saved your life... twice. Especially with that striking dark pelt... He never hesitated to help me, either. He's got a good heart." Maplespring continued. It felt so easy to talk to Poppyshine, as if she was a sister. "Even if he's full of pride. That pride is in the right places."

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

Spring's Shine [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring's Shine [C]   Spring's Shine [C] EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 10:07 am

Poppyshine

Poppyshine smiled as Maplespring spoke. She found herself agreeing with just about everything she was saying about Owlshriek. She mewed, “He’s a very good cat, with a good heart. It was disappointing to see he’d broken the code in romancing another clan’s cat…” She sighed. “Though I can’t exactly blame him. I’ve always found the solid divide between clans to be more counterproductive than anything.” She shook her head and smiled at Maplespring again. “And besides—it brought you and your beautiful kits to RiverClan. I can’t complain about that. You’ve been a lovely addition to our clan.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

Spring's Shine [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring's Shine [C]   Spring's Shine [C] EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:58 am

Maplespring couldn't help but look awkwardly down at her paws as Poppyshine spoke about how her mate had broken the code for her. It was hard not to feel some type of second-paw embarrassment, especially when she herself was the cat in question. The exact statement had applied to her, too. After all, she had had a mate back in Windclan, and a kit. The disappearance of both surely had left a rather large wound in her heart, but it wasn't an excuse to go breaking the code to fill her sorrows. A small smile rested on her features, but it was much more friendly than anything. "Yeah, I don't quite understand why it's so rigid." She nodded. But it was a much larger bashfulness that brought heat to her ears at Poppyshine's compliment. "Oh... Thank you, Poppyshine. Riverclan has been quite lovely, I'm very glad you all gave me a place to stay." It was the truth. Shrikestar had wanted nothing to do with her, and if anything, she was glad that she had told him sooner rather than later. The image of having to somehow carry all five of her kits out of Windclan to hopefully find a home flashed in her mind, especially somehow crossing the Gorge with them all. It wasn't a great picture, and so she shook it from her mind. No, the present was much, much better. "I have no doubt I made the right choice bringing my kits here. They certainly much more fit in here with Riverclan."

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

Spring's Shine [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring's Shine [C]   Spring's Shine [C] EmptyMon Jul 11, 2022 7:55 pm

Poppyshine

Poppyshine shifted a bit closer to Maplespring and affectionately pressed her cheek against the queen’s. “And they always shall. RiverClan is their home, and we are happy to have them here—them, and you. I can’t wait to see what lovely warriors they grow into.” They’re a fun bunch to wrangle up now, but as they grow older, they will blossom into warriorhood like newleaf. Greenleaf kits were always a sign of good luck to a clan, as Poppyshine had been told. She was glad that her own kits would be greenleaf kits too. “I am glad that I can help you with them. And I look forward to you helping with my own.” She laughed softly and laid her head on her paws comfortably. “As much experience as I’ve had helping kits, I’m certain it will be something else when I’m their mother.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

Spring's Shine [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring's Shine [C]   Spring's Shine [C] EmptyTue Jul 12, 2022 1:23 pm

Maplespring gave a solid nod. "I'm quite excited as well. Truly, I don't worry about any of them. Even if Sleepypaw is a bit less energetic than the rest, I know she still works really hard." She commented. All of her kits had their own vibrant personalities to them, none of them brought any dull moments. Mimicking the movements of the deputy, she settled onto her own paws, purring with content. "It's certainly a different game when they're your own kits. I truly appreciate all of the help you've been, it's nice to not be the only one they constantly ask everything to." She gave a gentle laugh, her eyes sleepily half-closing. "I Have no doubt about it you'll be a wonderful mother, though. Your kits certainly are lucky."

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

Spring's Shine [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring's Shine [C]   Spring's Shine [C] EmptyTue Jul 12, 2022 3:59 pm

Poppyshine

Poppyshine’s eyes crinkled, as she smiled and her tail curled around her. “They’re lucky not just for me, but for all of RiverClan. I’m lucky to have been born here. I couldn’t have asked for a better clan, or better clanmates…” They were both growing tired. Poppyshine moved around so much, but lately, once she took a break, she grew sleepy. It was because of the energy spent growing the kits in her belly, of course. Maplespring looked sleepy too. She could spare a break, together. Just…a short one…and Poppyshine drifted to sleep, slumbering close to Maplespring.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP