Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Don't mind me, suggesting life-changing books to you guys.

Go down 
+3
Echo
Moon
not fish
7 posters
AuthorMessage
not fish

not fish

Clan/Rank : Professional zombie.
Capricorn Buffalo
Number of posts : 6614

Don't mind me, suggesting life-changing books to you guys. Empty
PostSubject: Don't mind me, suggesting life-changing books to you guys.   Don't mind me, suggesting life-changing books to you guys. EmptyThu 07 Feb 2013, 11:24 pm

I don't even.. Just read.

The Silmarillion - JRR Tolkien

"The Slimarilli were three perfect jewels, fashioned by Fëanor, most gifted of elves. When the first Dark Lord, Morgoth, stole the jewels for his own ends, Fëanor and his kindred took up arms and waged a long and terrible war to recover them. This is a story of their rebellion against the gods and the history of the heroic First Age of Middle-earth."
- Back note on The Silmarillion

Reading Level: (Scale of 1-10): 9 [hard to put up with the strange atmosphere]

Length: Around 440 pages (including Elvish name and word origin list at the back)

Series: A precursor (sort of very early prequel) to Lord of the Rings

Notes: If you're an avid reader who likes Lord of the Rings and is looking for a challenge, The Silmarillion is an ideal book for you. Why? Because it isn't exactly written from a character's direct perspective, but more in an almost Bible-like fashion (excluding the poetic atmosphere and Christian lore). That, and the fact that it explains to you exactly how the events of the Third Age of Middle-earth came to be, including where Sauron came from, and the origins of the Elves, men and Dwarves.

--

The Hobbit, The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, The Return of the King - JRR Tolkien

"Three Rings for the elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for mortal men, doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord upon his dark throne
In the land of Mordor, where the shadows lie
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them
One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the shadows lie.."
- Lord of the Rings; main verse

"Smaug certainly looked fast asleep, when Bilbo peeped once more from the entrance. He was about to step out on to the floor when he caught a sudden thin ray of red from under the drooping left lid of Smaug's left eye. He was only pretending to be asleep! He was watching the tunnel entrance.."
- clippet from The Hobbit

Reading Level (Scale of 1-10): 7 [older style of writing]

Length: Varies widely

Series: Lord of the Rings

Notes: The LoTR movie series alone won over seventeen Oscar Awards.. And yet, the books are even better, because of the immense detail and cleverness of Tolkien's writing. To me, they are a flawless, timeless series that never seems to get old or boring, right from the first word in the prequel, The Hobbit, to the last word of Return of the King. The Hobbit is still (unfortunately) in the making of the second and third parts of the movie, but I still look forward to it.

Don't mind me, suggesting life-changing books to you guys. I0CCm4
Back to top Go down
http://theassemblyofwcc.canadian-forum.com/
Moon

Moon

Clan/Rank : ThunderClan Kit
Scorpio Rat
Number of posts : 3521

PostSubject: Re: Don't mind me, suggesting life-changing books to you guys.   Don't mind me, suggesting life-changing books to you guys. EmptyFri 08 Feb 2013, 6:19 pm

e_e nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I honestly don't see why everyone loves the Lord of the Rings. I've tried reading them (and the Hobbit) and I couldn't even get passed eighty pages. As a fantasy fan, it was a huge disappointment to see these books -- hailed as great fantasy literature -- completely fail to grasp my attention or interest me in the slightest. I can't call them terrible, but I can say they're boring. The entire world of Middle-Earth irks me.

I think The Elder Scrolls are better written. And they're video games. (you will almost never see me love a video game more than a book.)

Just my honest opinion. I know these books are great for many and I think everyone should at least try to read them.

Echo

Gemini Dragon
Number of posts : 2606

PostSubject: Re: Don't mind me, suggesting life-changing books to you guys.   Don't mind me, suggesting life-changing books to you guys. EmptyFri 08 Feb 2013, 10:17 pm

I've read the Hobbit for school and watched the movie~ The first time I read it was in fourth grade and well, I was bored to death. Then, I was forced to read it to school and wondered why I didn't like it before. It really pulled me into the book as if I was there, following Bilbo and the dwarves throughout their whole journey. However, I still have to read the Lord of the Rings and the Silmarillion. Tolkien really expresses good messages and I plan to read his books~

❝ Until the day his wings heal and he's able to fly... I will protect him. ❞
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Clan/Rank : RiverClan
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 9738

PostSubject: Re: Don't mind me, suggesting life-changing books to you guys.   Don't mind me, suggesting life-changing books to you guys. EmptyFri 08 Feb 2013, 11:10 pm

I'm the person who watched the extended editions of the film trilogy back to back (around twelve hours). I think my opinion on the series is clear ;w;

Don't mind me, suggesting life-changing books to you guys. I42GrfL
Back to top Go down
http://beata.forumotion.com/
King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Characters : Shrikestar (T5 Leader), Ravenclaw (T5) || Falconstar, Eaglethorn, Condorclaw
Clan/Rank : WindClan Leader/SkyClan Warrior
Aquarius Goat
Number of posts : 2914

PostSubject: Re: Don't mind me, suggesting life-changing books to you guys.   Don't mind me, suggesting life-changing books to you guys. EmptySat 09 Feb 2013, 12:08 am

I tend to not read books unless they involved hitting a ball with a bat. On the other hand, I approve of books being over 300 pages (they aren't worth buying if not).
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Sleepy

Clan/Rank : RiverClan
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 9738

PostSubject: Re: Don't mind me, suggesting life-changing books to you guys.   Don't mind me, suggesting life-changing books to you guys. EmptySat 09 Feb 2013, 12:39 am

The Caledonian Falcon wrote:
I tend to not read books unless they involved hitting a ball with a bat. On the other hand, I approve of books being over 300 pages (they aren't worth buying if not).

Aren't most of the Warriors books just around 300 pages?

Don't mind me, suggesting life-changing books to you guys. I42GrfL
Back to top Go down
http://beata.forumotion.com/
King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Characters : Shrikestar (T5 Leader), Ravenclaw (T5) || Falconstar, Eaglethorn, Condorclaw
Clan/Rank : WindClan Leader/SkyClan Warrior
Aquarius Goat
Number of posts : 2914

PostSubject: Re: Don't mind me, suggesting life-changing books to you guys.   Don't mind me, suggesting life-changing books to you guys. EmptySat 09 Feb 2013, 2:58 am

They seem to be. The super editions are more, which is even better.
Back to top Go down
not fish

not fish

Clan/Rank : Professional zombie.
Capricorn Buffalo
Number of posts : 6614

PostSubject: Re: Don't mind me, suggesting life-changing books to you guys.   Don't mind me, suggesting life-changing books to you guys. EmptySun 10 Feb 2013, 6:01 pm

Moon wrote:
e_e nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I honestly don't see why everyone loves the Lord of the Rings. I've tried reading them (and the Hobbit) and I couldn't even get passed eighty pages. As a fantasy fan, it was a huge disappointment to see these books -- hailed as great fantasy literature -- completely fail to grasp my attention or interest me in the slightest. I can't call them terrible, but I can say they're boring. The entire world of Middle-Earth irks me.

I think The Elder Scrolls are better written. And they're video games. (you will almost never see me love a video game more than a book.)

Just my honest opinion. I know these books are great for many and I think everyone should at least try to read them.

Well, if that's your take on the series, then it's fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I do understand that they can sometimes be rather.. Difficult to interpret. Since I'm not fond of sounding whiny, I'm not turning this into an argument, because I do admire TES. I am, however, going to say that almost all modern fantasies are influenced in some way by Tolkien. ;D None can escape his mark, as many great critics say.

As for you, Echo, I agree with your point on that. cx

..BUT HOLY SHET, I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO COULD SIT DOWN AND WATCH ALL THREE EXTENDED EDITIONS FIFTY TIMES OVER. ;__; THE FEELS, MAN.

Don't mind me, suggesting life-changing books to you guys. I0CCm4
Back to top Go down
http://theassemblyofwcc.canadian-forum.com/
Coal

Coal

Leo Goat
Number of posts : 1823

PostSubject: Re: Don't mind me, suggesting life-changing books to you guys.   Don't mind me, suggesting life-changing books to you guys. EmptyTue 09 Jun 2015, 4:03 pm

No, you're not the only one. I am absolutely obsessed with The Hobbit and LotR. I didn't know anyone else on here reads JRR Tolkien's books!

And your signature, omg

My Babies:
Back to top Go down
http://wotf.forumotion.com
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9978

PostSubject: Re: Don't mind me, suggesting life-changing books to you guys.   Don't mind me, suggesting life-changing books to you guys. EmptyTue 09 Jun 2015, 4:06 pm

Coal this topic is dead, please check the date on topics next time.

Windclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Thunderclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1 ✦ Kit

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't mind me, suggesting life-changing books to you guys.   Don't mind me, suggesting life-changing books to you guys. Empty

Back to top Go down

Don't mind me, suggesting life-changing books to you guys.
Page 1 of 1