Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

This is Serious, Please Look

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Rainy

Rainy

Characters : Heatherpaw
Pisces Buffalo
Number of posts : 5137

This is Serious, Please Look - Page 4 Empty
PostThis is Serious, Please Look

Lately, I've been noticing how much cussing has been going on here. And for some reason, it's making me uncomfortable. Such as last night, somebody was on (and I'm not going to point fingers), and pretty much every sentence, they said a bad word. Now, this wouldn't be a problem if they actually CENSORED IT. But the way they were "censoring," I could read the word perfectly fine because either they spelled it a different way, or used some symbol/letter/number to replace one letter in the word.

I decided to go back and look at the rules, originally made by Mistpelt, this site's creator. One of the rules says, "No Swearing." There are no exceptions here, nothing that says, "You can do it in the chatbox, you can do it in OoC's, you can censor it." It simply says No Swearing.

Most likely, I'm going to be flamed for this. But for me, I am putting my foot down on the cussing. If you're on the chatbox while I am, and you cuss without regular censoring using *'s, I will kick you. I know Jay has this rule that a couple of words can be said, but it's not in the actual rules, and he hasn't made it official. Plus, I don't think any of us want to really overrule what Mistpelt has said.

I'm done. Please don't make hate mail. Thank you.

~Rainy
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

This is Serious, Please Look :: Comments

Ebby
Re: This is Serious, Please Look
Post Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 17:38 by Ebby
The Certain Rules set down by Jay, made to throw anyone who denies their presence into eternal damnation.

The Terms of Service. .3. It's under the rules.
Rainy
Post Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 17:52 by Rainy
I'm not even going to say anything.

....ok maybe i am.

Seriously? I can understand the majority of those rules, but that one about swearing... That's completely undermining the rule Mistpelt made. /:
Tigs
Post Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 17:55 by Tigs
Its only two words. Which most 10 yr olds know by that point. eue
Moon
Post Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 18:00 by Moon
Damn.
Good: "Eternal damnation" , "I'm damned. . "

Bad: "DAMN YOU!" , "GOD DAMN IT!" , "THE DAMN CHAT BOX!"

Hell.
Good: "Hell is, in Christian belief, where Satan awaits sinners."

Bad: "Go to hell." , "What the hell?" , "I'm going to raise hell."

Okay? Okay.
Rainy
Post Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 18:59 by Rainy
..Tigger, I didn't even know about those when I was ten. Granted, I've been sheltered the majority of my life, but not all ten year olds know or need to know about these words.
Mud
Post Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 3:13 by Mud
It also depends on where people live :/
Ebby
Post Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 10:28 by Ebby
Oh, so just because someone lives in the ghetto makes it okay to expose others to the language? :P
Anonymous
Post Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 10:42 by Guest
XDDDDDDD Omg Ebz really? I think people should just stick to original rules that were set by the original admin and then everyone is happy. And if your not? Bite your lip and fake it.

~I love Asking Alexandria XD~
Mud
Post Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 11:35 by Mud
Ebs thats not what I was talking about, don't twist my words. I meant depending on where you live is what words you learn at what age! Also it depends on who is around with what words you learn!
Ebby
Post Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 11:37 by Ebby
... I think you're just proving my sarcastic point. o3o
Pebble
Post Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 13:00 by Pebble
Ok, I was on the pro-cussing side before, but now I've switched. Do you really HAVE to cuss? Will you live if you dont? Think about those those members who'll get grounded at the slightest mention of the "F-word", guys.
Rainy
Post Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 14:47 by Rainy
....Pebble, if you're on the other side now, I'd better not see you cussing left and right.
Darkshadow
Post Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 14:57 by Darkshadow
*facepaw* Now we're not allowed to say certain cuss words because Rain went and made a big deal out of it? Sheesh, WCC these days. I miss it when everyone was part bada** and not all goody good candy lickers. Go ahead and hate on me, I'm just speaking my mind.
Anonymous
Post Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 15:13 by Guest
Lol Darkeh. I remember those times quite well XD
Darkshadow
Post Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 15:33 by Darkshadow
Do you also remember when we didn't have a ***load of mods and Admins? Ever since Mistpelt left it's been just crisis. :/ People started appointing Mods, then some mod person or whatever made a poll to choose between Bloo and Jay. But then the persons just like "**** it! Let's make them both Admins!"
And dont think I'm dissing Bloo or Jay. I think they're doing a great job, but I'm just saying we could do without the extra leadership. Too many decisions between the threeof them. Too many rules. Too many changes. :/
Post  by Sponsored content

This is Serious, Please Look

Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Announcements :: Announcements-
Jump to: