Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Juniperpaw's Warrior Ceremony

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6183

Juniperpaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Juniperpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Juniperpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 12 Aug 2024 - 9:59

i've given up on counting blessings
Leopardstar ascended the Jaggedrock with practiced grace, surveying her Clanmates as they went about their daily routines. Even herself, she supposed, as she called out over the hollow the words that had become so familiar to her she was starting to wonder if she could perhaps conduct the simpler ceremonies in her sleep:

"All cats old enough to silently stalk in the shadows, please gather in the shadow of the Jaggedrock for a Clan meeting!"

It was always a relief to be calling those words with a smile, and not the heavy weight of tragedy.
the gods can judge me when i'm dead || code (c) kieer

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : //Living//:[J]uniperhunt, [Q]uillsplash | Bird, [Sc]orchivy, [L]eopardwind, [C]reamlily, [M]ilkkit, [Sp]arrowkit //Dead:// Tawnyshadow, Sootstorm, Cinderpaw, Ajex | Palekit, Shatteredsky, Reedshine, Deerleap, Slightfrost, Specklepaw, Sunfire, Copperlark
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan T1 Warrior [Q]ShadowClan T5 Warrior [Sc]WindClan NPC PermaQueen [L]WindClan T3 Warrior [C]WindClan T3 Warrior [M]RiverClan Kit [Sp]Unborn SkyClan Kit
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3633

PostSubject: Re: Juniperpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Juniperpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyTue 13 Aug 2024 - 16:54

I wish I could go back in time; not to change anything, but to feel a few things twice.

Juniperpaw had been dreading this day. To become a warrior, to her, seemed like a sign that she had to grow up, and leave all her loves behind. What about her art? Would she have time to tend to the carefully woven flower crowns after she became a warrior? And what if she was expected to lead patrols? She couldn't take charge of anything, it felt like she would surely be setting herself up for failure. Would she even be able to ask for help once she became a warrior?

And yet, the day had come anyway. Despite her hesitancy about it, her fleeting thoughts of running up to Sablestrike and begging him to have Leopardstar call it off, Juniperpaw took her seat at the leader's call. Her eyes were downcast; if she looked up, would her clanmates see the fear and dread that consumed them? Had she not let them down enough? It was by some stroke of miracle that she had yet to cry.

Quillsplash | Bird / Tom / ShadowClan T5 Warrior / #802318
Juniperhunt / She-Cat / ShadowClan T1 Warrior / #b9abb2
Scorchivy / She-Cat / WindClan NPC PermaQueen / #009966
Leopardwind / Tom / WindClan T3 Warrior / #cc9900
Creamlily / She-Cat / WindClan T3 Warrior / #ff6600
Milkkit / Tom / RiverClan Kit / #dbc6ad

Art Commissions | Character Profiles | Plotting | Character Relations | Open Litter | Art Giveaway
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Juniperpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Juniperpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed 14 Aug 2024 - 11:00

"We are gathered here today to witness the naming of a new warrior, a rare and precious gift. Juniperpaw, I ask that you please step forward."

The apprentice in question was somewhat skittish and shy; she almost worried that the subject of the ceremony might turn and run. But such things would be dealt with as they happened, and with luck she wouldn't find the prospect of becoming a warrior quite so terrifying.

Still, she allowed herself to wait a little longer than was typical before continuing the ceremony.

"I call upon the warriors of ShadowClan to gaze upon this apprentice. She has trained long and hard to understand the ways of our honorable code, and I commend her to you as a warrior in turn. Juniperpaw, do you swear to uphold the warrior code? To protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?"

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : //Living//:[J]uniperhunt, [Q]uillsplash | Bird, [Sc]orchivy, [L]eopardwind, [C]reamlily, [M]ilkkit, [Sp]arrowkit //Dead:// Tawnyshadow, Sootstorm, Cinderpaw, Ajex | Palekit, Shatteredsky, Reedshine, Deerleap, Slightfrost, Specklepaw, Sunfire, Copperlark
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan T1 Warrior [Q]ShadowClan T5 Warrior [Sc]WindClan NPC PermaQueen [L]WindClan T3 Warrior [C]WindClan T3 Warrior [M]RiverClan Kit [Sp]Unborn SkyClan Kit
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3633

PostSubject: Re: Juniperpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Juniperpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed 14 Aug 2024 - 16:12

OOC: mobile

Juniperpaw felt a chill run down her spine as her name was spoken. She looked around her, at all her gathered clanmates, some of who were now turning to watch her with either curious or assuring gazes. She didn't feel very assured. With trembling paws and a deep breath, the small black she-cat stepped forward to answer the call. She stood there, in front of what seemed like the entire Clan, shaking slightly like a leaf in the wind. She would- she would be fine, wouldn't she?

It took her several heartbeats to realise she had been asked the question. The leader's voice had become a buzz in her head, she almost couldn't make anything out. Right, the question. There was a set answer, wasn't there? She... didn't really have a say in this. Swallowing her nerves, Juniperpaw managed to choke out, "I do." The words seemed to seal her fate, and she felt her heart sink even further. She was going to be a warrior.

Quillsplash | Bird / Tom / ShadowClan T5 Warrior / #802318
Juniperhunt / She-Cat / ShadowClan T1 Warrior / #b9abb2
Scorchivy / She-Cat / WindClan NPC PermaQueen / #009966
Leopardwind / Tom / WindClan T3 Warrior / #cc9900
Creamlily / She-Cat / WindClan T3 Warrior / #ff6600
Milkkit / Tom / RiverClan Kit / #dbc6ad

Art Commissions | Character Profiles | Plotting | Character Relations | Open Litter | Art Giveaway
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Juniperpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Juniperpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed 14 Aug 2024 - 17:03

"Then it is my honor to name you as a warrior before all of ShadowClan."

Leopardstar had, by now, become accustomed to her generally skittish nature; not considering it any particular cause for concern after all she'd been through.

"From this day forward, you will be known as Juniperhunt. ShadowClan honors your creativity, as well as a careful nature that is its own kind of bravery, and we are proud to welcome you as a warrior in your own right."

With this she leapt from the rock, moving forward to touch her nose to the newly-named warrior's shoulder.

"No cat could doubt you've earned your name," she offered as reassurance. "I have faith that you'll be an excellent warrior. There's more to life than fighting, after all; something some of your Clanmates could perhaps stand to learn." Her eyes sparkled as she spoke. "Go celebrate with your Clanmates, and get settled before your vigil."

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 3100

PostSubject: Re: Juniperpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Juniperpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed 14 Aug 2024 - 21:52

Swiftheart rushed over at the sound of the meeting being called by her leader.  She sat and watched as Leopardstar began. The moment her daughters name was called out her eyes flicked over to Juni.

Her heart swelled with much happiness and joy as it usually was. However, in the back of her mind was what Juni had told her that night that things had all changed.  Juni had told her how she was scared to be a warrior, that she didnt want to be hurt.

The feeling of their little wholesome cryfest and reassurance of each other that night had made her start to act differently, start to be there more for Juni and Willow and take on the role more proparly of their mum and not just for show of the secret she hid.

She did care, a lot for Juni and watching her now she couldnt help but be reminded of heatherberry.

The white furred warrior had done her best to reassure the apprentice back then that she would make a good warrior, but seeing Juni now Swiftheart was not at all convinced that her reassurance had stuck much at all.

She listened to her daughter meow the words I do and she blinked a couple of times, promising to herself that she wouldnt let Juni get hurt like the apprentice had feared.

As Leopardstar announced the new name of Juniperhunt Swiftheart purred smiling.  She thought back to Crowspirits warrior ceremony, to Murkyhope's ceremony, she now was proud as ever that she had another daughter reach her warrior name.

"Juniperhunt!" she purred happily.  She gave the new warrior some space for a little bit, or at least as long as she could stand waiting before going over to her and nuzzling her forehead into the newly named warriors shoulder.

"I'm so happy for you... I promise warrior life is not much different from what you already know" she whispered.

"Perhaps I could sit with you for your vigil and we can talk about it more then if you want?" she offered openly.

She would do whatever she could to further reassure Juniperhunt that this new name and ceremony did not and would not change a thing for their family.

The fear in the back of Swifthearts mind remained however, what would change their family would be the secret getting out... she knew one day it would happen, it was inevitable.

She dreaded that day greatly knowing that Juni's attitude would be changed then too, one from seeking comfort by her side to probably full on hating her for what she had done.

But that was not today luckily and until that day Swiftheart would do what she could to guide her daughter

(ps - I wrote this very sleep deprived, I have not been sleeping well at all and couldn't fall asleep tonight either, so if something doesn't make sense that is probably why)

PostSubject: Re: Juniperpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Juniperpaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Juniperpaw's Warrior Ceremony
Page 1 of 1