Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Child of the woods, return (closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Willowpaw (Shadowclan), Gorsepaw [Bonus Slot](Windclan) | Ro is the best bud to ever exist in the world of best buds
Number of posts : 1350

Child of the woods, return (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Child of the woods, return (closed)   Child of the woods, return (closed) EmptySat Aug 10, 2024 1:09 am

Sablestrike began muttering to himself as he walked through the thorn tunnel, not even attempting to dodge the thorns that poked and grabbed at him. The way they pulled at his skin felt both unpleasant and wonderful at the same time. It was strange, but the tom knew exactly why it had started to feel nice. At some point he had closed his eye and let the thorns push him along. Even as he exited the tunnel Sablestrike was sure he could still feel their pricks, so he continued on without his vision until he bumped into something. "Sorr-" The tom stopped the moment his eye opened to reveal the apprentice he had just hit. "Oh, you're still here?" A large part of him had assumed Fish would leave the camp the moment his belly was full. Why was the rogue still pretending to be a part of their clan? "Fish, right? Or, no, Leopardstar gave you a name didn't she? What a waste." That last part hadn't been intended to be said out loud, but Sablestrike didn't care that it had come out.

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

Child of the woods, return (closed) Output12                   Child of the woods, return (closed) Output10                          Child of the woods, return (closed) Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ishpaw [Fa]lconpaw [Fo]xsnap
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [P] (T3) RiverClan Hybrid MCA [F] ShadowClan Apprentice [Fa] WindClan Apprentice [Fo] SkyCla T1 Warrior
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2824

PostSubject: Re: Child of the woods, return (closed)   Child of the woods, return (closed) EmptySat Aug 10, 2024 10:14 pm

FISHPAW
Now I face out, I hold out...

Fishpaw had just been passing by the entrance of camp, sleepy and caught in the space between duties, when a larger tom came marching through. He didn’t have time to slid out of the way before their two forms collided. Fishpaw staggered back a step, jostled by the larger weight, and tipped his head back to look up at the scarred tom. Sablestrike… the deputy hadn’t been too keen on his joining the Clan. And, as he spoke, Fishpaw understood he’d yet to accept it, either. His stomach turned at the comments sent his way, but he swallowed the feeling down. He’d expected this when he came to join the Clan. A fulfilled prophecy.

”Oh, you’re one of those.” Fishpaw threw his head fully back, already exasperated, and let out a sigh. Then he refocused his attention on Sablestrike. ”It’s Fishpaw, thank you. A good deputy should remember his Clanmates’ names, right? And where else would I be?” He went on indignantly. ”I live here now.” His eyes slid away and Fishpaw muttered bitterly, ”I'm not a waste. Pineblossom thinks I'm a perfectly fine cat.”
...I reach out to the truth of my life.
ShadowClan • Apprentice • he/him • #2F8A7B
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

FishpawShadowClan
Apprentice
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T5 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
(T3) Hybrid MCA
#20AED4
FalconpawWindClan
Apprentice
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxsnapSkyClan
T1 Warrior
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Willowpaw (Shadowclan), Gorsepaw [Bonus Slot](Windclan) | Ro is the best bud to ever exist in the world of best buds
Number of posts : 1350

PostSubject: Re: Child of the woods, return (closed)   Child of the woods, return (closed) EmptySun Aug 11, 2024 11:24 pm

Sablestrike huffed out a laugh. Younger cats usually found his scarred face daunting, but Fishpaw didn't seem to care one bit. It took guts to stare into a face like his and not waver, or maybe it just took stupidity. "My clanmates are also taught to respect their elders, but it seems that rogues don't know of such things." He fired back. Gold rolled in the tom's skull as Fishpaw carried on. He really thought he had earned a place in Shadowclan just because he had an apprentice's name? That almost squeezed another laugh from the deputy. "For how long, I wonder? I wouldn't be surprised to find you skittering back to your life as a rogue in a moon or two, and that's a very generous estimation."

His head tipped back as Sablestrike let out a exaggerated sigh. "Perfectly fine, or pitiable? Stars, even I almost felt bad for you. You put on a pretty nice performance when you arrived here, but it's only a matter of time until you turn your back on the code you swore to follow. You rogues don't understand how sacred the code is to us clan cats. I can't fault you for that, but I can fault you for fooling others into feeling pity for you." His gaze settled on the tiny tom. If he had come to Shadowclan earlier in his life there would be no worries, but as it was he couldn't be trusted. "I've got my eye on you, Fishpaw. I doubt Starclan would allow you to become a warrior, but if by some miracle they do, well..." He'd have to take matters into his own paws, right? Sablestrike grunted. Starclan would make the right choice, and not matter the outcome he'd find a way to be fine with it. "No matter where your path leads, I'll be watching you. Stay, don't, it won't matter much to me, but don't think that you can coast by on our hospitality, rogue."

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

Child of the woods, return (closed) Output12                   Child of the woods, return (closed) Output10                          Child of the woods, return (closed) Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ishpaw [Fa]lconpaw [Fo]xsnap
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [P] (T3) RiverClan Hybrid MCA [F] ShadowClan Apprentice [Fa] WindClan Apprentice [Fo] SkyCla T1 Warrior
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2824

PostSubject: Re: Child of the woods, return (closed)   Child of the woods, return (closed) EmptyTue Aug 13, 2024 8:23 am

FISHPAW
Now I face out, I hold out...

”Why should I respect a cat that doesn’t respect me?” Fishpaw responded, his nose starting to wrinkle. ”I don’t care how old you are. Or what position you hold.” If Sablestrike was just looking for an easy target to bully, then he had picked the wrong cat. Fishpaw was stubborn, and brimming with a sense of right-and-wrong that belonged only to him. He wasn’t going to roll over and let the deputy gnaw into him.

...but the words did sting. Fishpaw’s ears fell back. His stomach churned at the idea of others--Pineblossom, Hedgepaw--pitying him rather than caring for him. He hated pity, and he didn’t need it. But surely they didn’t. They saw ability in him, saw a future that he could have. But doubt wriggled its way into Fishpaw’s mind, and his belly continued to squirm. The familiar awareness that he may never find his place in ShadowClan rose to mind again. His paws shifted uncomfortably. You think you’ll belong enough... Fishpaw scoffed inwardly. Nice dream.

Swallowing, he turned his eyes back to Sablestrike. ”Are you threatening me? Or trying to imply I’m stupid?” His tail, half-bristled, flicked side-to-side. ”I don’t appreciate it either way. I’m perfectly capable of understanding your Code. Even if I don’t worship it the way you do--sorry, I guess, for having a freer mind--I can still follow it.” Fishpaw lifted his chin, realizing how little he wanted to look small in front of a cat like this. ”Why would I turn my back on ShadowClan? You gave me food, shelter. Cats to care about and look after me. This is more than I ever had as a rogue. Why would I give up a life this easy, compared to the one I knew?” Fishpaw’s ear twitched. ”You must be deputy for a reason. You have a brain to think that through with, right?”
...I reach out to the truth of my life.
ShadowClan • Apprentice • he/him • #2F8A7B
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

FishpawShadowClan
Apprentice
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T5 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
(T3) Hybrid MCA
#20AED4
FalconpawWindClan
Apprentice
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxsnapSkyClan
T1 Warrior
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Child of the woods, return (closed)   Child of the woods, return (closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Child of the woods, return (closed)
Page 1 of 1