Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

If River Doesn't Swim In My Blood, I'll Swim In The River[C]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : //Living//:[J]uniperhunt, [Q]uillsplash | Bird, [S]corchivy, [L]eopardwind, [C]reamlily, [M]ilkkit //Dead:// Tawnyshadow, Sootstorm, Cinderpaw, Ajex | Palekit, Shatteredsky, Reedshine, Deerleap, Slightfrost, Specklepaw, Sunfire, Copperlark
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan T1 Warrior [Q]ShadowClan T5 Warrior [S]WindClan NPC PermaQueen [L]WindClan T3 Warrior [C]WindClan T2 Warrior [M]RiverClan Kit
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3618

If River Doesn't Swim In My Blood, I'll Swim In The River[C] Empty
PostSubject: If River Doesn't Swim In My Blood, I'll Swim In The River[C]   If River Doesn't Swim In My Blood, I'll Swim In The River[C] EmptyTue 16 Jul 2024 - 19:15

The early morning was always the best time to be about outside the nursery. As the days passed, his fur had gradually began to lose some of it's kitten fluff, giving way instead to a soft, wispy, feather-like coat that he always made sure to groom to perfection. It was extremely soft, and he loved the way the wind would brush it in one direction. He looked like a wisp of creamish cloud. A very pretty cloud.

His legs, too, had began to grow longer. He was now taller than most kits in the nursery, not including his littermates, and a his shoulders already began to show some bulk. Milkkit liked to preen in the waters; he really did look like Father, and Father was very pretty. Only his feather-like coat and amber eyes resembled Mother, though his eyes were also much lighter than hers. Either way, it was clear he had inherited the best of both his parents, and he wouldn't have it any other way. It only seemed appropriate, then, to thank the both of them. Showing gratitude was what nice, polite cats did, right? And he was a really nice cat, so he would show his gratitude for his parents.

Now, what did his parents like? It didn't take long to find an answer. They always seemed to like watching he and his littermates do something new, so much so that their eyes would be filled with some kind of pride-- for what, he didn't know-- and they'd watched as keenly as a hawk would. So he and his siblings would just have to try something new, right? Then Father and Mother would be happy, and accept his thanks.

After some persuasion, the white tom managed to rope his brother into the scheme. Which nice kit wouldn't want to make their parents happy? Of course Herringkit had to join him, it was only right. Milkkit was the one that came up with the idea of trying to swim in the river; they had never tried it before, and all the warriors and apprentices had to swim, so it seemed perfectly natural to try their luck at swimming as well. Some of the older kits were already treading water too, so he was sure it couldn't be that hard.

As Father appeared near the camp entrance, Milkkit hurled himself at the warrior. He put on a pleasant smile, a smile fitting only for the nicest and sweetest kit, and purred sweetly, "Father, Herringkit and I wish to show you something. Can you find Mother and come to watch us?" There was of course only one answer, but it was polite to phrase it as a question anyway. He glanced back at Herringkit. Are you ready? He mouthed silently, then flicked his tail slightly in the direction of the river.
「R」

Quillsplash | Bird / Tom / ShadowClan T5 Warrior / #802318
Juniperhunt / She-Cat / ShadowClan T1 Warrior / #b9abb2
Scorchivy / She-Cat / WindClan NPC PermaQueen / #009966
Leopardwind / Tom / WindClan T3 Warrior / #cc9900
Creamlily / She-Cat / WindClan T2 Warrior / #ff6600
Milkkit / Tom / RiverClan Kit / #dbc6ad

Art Commissions | Character Profiles | Plotting | Character Relations | Open Litter | Art Giveaway
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchbreeze [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix, Perchstar.
Clan/Rank : [B]: ShadowClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T4 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan T3 Warrior.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6856

PostSubject: Re: If River Doesn't Swim In My Blood, I'll Swim In The River[C]   If River Doesn't Swim In My Blood, I'll Swim In The River[C] EmptyWed 24 Jul 2024 - 22:06

As quickly as his kits had appeared, as if they'd spontaneously conjured themselves out of the clouds, they began to grow older. Dovetail found himself almost alarmed by how swiftly they changed from mewling balls of fur to walking, talking miniature cats that spoke in complete sentences. Had he ever been that small? How had his adoptive parents felt, seeing how quickly he grew up? For that matter... No, no, he didn't want to think about his biological parents. He didn't want to think about the mother he'd never known, and he certainly didn't want to think about the one-eyed lurker in his dreams that claimed to be his father. For the sake of the kits, he promised himself, he would be a good father. He would be there for them, whenever they needed him. He would do whatever they needed him to do. He would keep them safe and he would love them ferociously. The only problem was... though he had moons of experience being an older brother, he'd never had anyone to teach him what requirements there were for being a father. So far, he had done his best to translate the care of being a sibling with the glowing pride that came from an authority figure being proud of you. Hopefully, his kits thought he was doing a good job, though he wouldn't know until they had grown up and it was too late.

So when Milkkit asked to show him something, and find Murkyriver--stars, but it still threw him for a loop to hear her called "Mother" or "Mama"--he had no reason not to agree. "I definitely can," Dovetail said, giving the two tom-kits a smile. "Where are we going, or is it a surprise? I'll find Murkyriver and come to join you." He pressed his nose gently to the top of each of their heads, and then walked off with a parting wave of his tail to find his... nest-mate. With how much work and time it took to care for the kits, they'd had very little time to themselves to discuss what this meant and how they would go about it. For now, though, they'd at least reached the agreement to be the best parents to these kits that they could be... and they were on far better terms with each other once he managed to deal with the sudden mental breakdown he'd had during their conversation. It didn't take too long to find the shadowlike she-cat, given how much more time she spent in camp and in the nursery these days. He gave her a slow blink of greeting when he found her. "Murkyriver, our kits--" that phrase still threw him for a loop every time he said it, sending a strange shiver into his fur-- "said they want to show us something. Milkkit and Herringkit are waiting."

⸙ Larchbreeze ⸙ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ ShadowClan ○
⸙ Tier 3 Warrior ⸙ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 4 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Signature and Avatar by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Characters : Comfreyheart, Marigoldpaw, Fernpaw, Hornetpaw, Maggot, Mushroomkit, Herringkit
Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Apprentice [Mg] Outsider Kitten [Mu] Thunderclan Kitten [He] Riverclan Kitten
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1482

PostSubject: Re: If River Doesn't Swim In My Blood, I'll Swim In The River[C]   If River Doesn't Swim In My Blood, I'll Swim In The River[C] EmptyFri 16 Aug 2024 - 19:30

Herringkit

As the days quietly rose and fell, passing as surely as his body grew inch by inch, Herringkit began growing more and more comfortable outside the nursery. Each soft morning sky became as dependable as the early warriors leaving camp for the day. The shifting states of warm sun and dark rain clouds made each day less consistent and predictable, but still, there was some familiarity. Herringkit knew that the setting sun meant sleep. He knew that the river surrounding him meant safety. And he knew the camp was home to many fierce, loving, protective adults, who he knew wouldn't let anything happen to him.

The tom-kit, still small and sleepy, enjoyed spending his every morning brushing and fluffing his fur from head to tail to toe. He loved to look his best, which his brother seemed to love too. Herringkit wondered if Milkkit would let him groom his pretty fur one of these mornings, or if the perfectly-kempt kitten was too particular about his pelt to be willing. Before he could ask, Milkkit came to him with an activity of his own. Of course Herringkit wanted to help make Father and Mother happy! But... he'd never gone in the river before. The idea of swimming was interesting... but still unknown. What if he couldn't figure out how to do it? Would he get lost in the river? Thankfully part of the plan was to have Father and Mother there, who he knew wouldn't let anything happen to him.

Herringkit bounced up alongside Milkkit at Father's large paws. He smiled brightly and stretched up to nose-boop Dovetail as his brother explained what they wanted. After the request was proposed Milkkit mouthed to him, Are you ready? Herringkit nodded very eagerly, his tail swaying excitedly.

- Plotting | Chart | Profiles -

Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetpaw
SkC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP
Mushroomkit
TC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Herringkit
RC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If River Doesn't Swim In My Blood, I'll Swim In The River[C]   If River Doesn't Swim In My Blood, I'll Swim In The River[C] Empty

Back to top Go down

If River Doesn't Swim In My Blood, I'll Swim In The River[C]
Page 1 of 1