Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Practice Makes Perfect [O]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckfeather, Eveningmoon, Flurrypaw - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan T1 Warrior [E] WindClan T2 Warrior [F] ThunderClan Apprentice
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7465

Practice Makes Perfect [O] Empty
PostSubject: Practice Makes Perfect [O]   Practice Makes Perfect [O] EmptyThu 4 Jul 2024 - 12:29

Duckfeather was in the corner of the camp, their body low to the ground as they were working on their hunting crouch. It was one aspect of their training that they had neglected - it was hard to tell what they were doing wrong on their lonesome and... It had just been easier to focus on hunting in the river - it was easier on them anyways, requiring less effort but today was a day where they actually felt full of energy so why not brush up on their land hunting? ...Granted there was better places to practice instead of the camp but heading out into the territory on their lonesome wasn't... Something they were excited for - better to claim a small corner of the camp to themselves than risk being caught unaware by a predator or anything else.

They stalked forward, frowning as they felt...Unsure on their paws - shifting their weight around to try to find a good balance while glancing behind them to try to figure out what they were to even do with their fluff of a tail. This was going to require some work but... Well, they would likely figure it all out sooner or later.

Practice Makes Perfect [O] ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckfeather ~ Eveningmoon ~ Flurrypaw (Not pictured)
TC T5 Leader (70/200) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70/200) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70/200) ~ RC T2 Warrior (40/110) ~ WC T2 Warrior (40/110) ~ TC Apprentice (20/60)
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue ~ Slategray
Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Characters : [C]indersky, [W]olfpaw [D]aytrader, [R]yepaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan, T3 Deputy | ShadowClan, Apprentice| T1 Loner | WindClan Apprentice
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 484

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect [O]   Practice Makes Perfect [O] EmptyThu 4 Jul 2024 - 12:44

Cindersky
I loved you...

Cindersky had just returned from one of her many patrols when she caught the peculiar happenings out of the corner of her eye. She turned her head, pawsteps slowing as she watched for but a moment. Duckfeather, wasn't it? Named a warrior less than a moon ago. She tilted her head, eyes trailing each movement. They looked so uncertain. Well, that won't do.

She let out a little 'mrrp!' to announce her presence. Last thing she wanted to do was startle them, and up close she could get a proper look. She lowered a little, checking their feet placement. Not bad-- though the main problem seemed to be the tail at that moment. Something she... Really had no reason to think of anymore.

"Hello. Keep your front paws more fluid," She said gently. "They are your guide. Keep your back legs bunched and ready to spring you forward at any moment, and the tail--" Oh, what was it that was told to her in her training? She could barely remember. It had become muscle memory then and faded into lack of remembrance with the loss of her own. "Keep your tail level and low. Try to avoid swishing it, if you can. See how it feels."
...like the Sun.
RiverClan • T3 Deputy • She/Her • #95aeec
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

Cindersky  | Daytrader |  Wolfpaw |  Ryepaw

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckfeather, Eveningmoon, Flurrypaw - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan T1 Warrior [E] WindClan T2 Warrior [F] ThunderClan Apprentice
Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect [O]   Practice Makes Perfect [O] EmptySun 4 Aug 2024 - 8:55

Duckfeather's ears twitched at the soft mrrp, head turning slightly to see who it was without disturbing their pose... Thought they froze entirely at the sight of Cindersky approaching. O-Oh, the deputy! The warrior couldn't help but feel sheepish that out of all cats, it was Cindersky who had taken notice of them  but their ears perked nonetheless as she started to offer advice. Fluid front paws, back legs prepped for movement and their tail... They glanced behind them, lowering their tail as much as they dared - it would be far too easy to catch the reeds and taller grass with it with how much space it took up. Not swishing it was also a trouble, the warrior hadn't realized how natural it felt to them to keep their tail almost always in motion.

"Like this?" they asked as they turned to face the deputy once more, trying to take her advice in as they took a few steps forward to test it out. It certainly felt better but Duckfeather had doubts that they would ever manage to catch land prey - sitting at the shore of the river was far easier even if it came with its own important skill-set. After a few seconds, their ears flickered back as they gave the deputy a sheepish look. "And um...Thanks. I'm still... I might be a warrior but I guess I haven't figured everything out," they said weakly, a nervous laugh following their words as they drifted off.

Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckfeather ~ Eveningmoon ~ Flurrypaw (Not pictured)
TC T5 Leader (70/200) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70/200) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70/200) ~ RC T2 Warrior (40/110) ~ WC T2 Warrior (40/110) ~ TC Apprentice (20/60)
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue ~ Slategray
Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Clan/Rank : RiverClan, T3 Deputy | ShadowClan, Apprentice| T1 Loner | WindClan Apprentice
Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect [O]   Practice Makes Perfect [O] EmptyTue 6 Aug 2024 - 10:35

Cindersky
I loved you...

Cindersky took a few pawsteps back, eyes following Duckfeathers hunting form, and smiled. "Just like that," She purred. "That's the way that works for me, anyway. Experiment a little bit, and you should settle in to a form that is more comfortable."

She blinked at their thanks, and then shook her head. "StarClan, no-- Don't thank me. All I did was give a little bit of advice." The smile remained on her face even in wake of the cats almost frightened admittance. It only faltered in slight, a downturn of the corners of her lips borne of worry than all else.

"Most of the learning comes after you get your name, I think," She meowed, inclining her head toward them. "At least, that is what it was like for me. I was always quite terrible at hunting, most of the improvement came later on-- I could do it without a mentor watching me. Becoming a warrior does not mean your mentor believes you to know everything. You know enough to carry yourself through and learn at your own pace."
...like the Sun.
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect [O]   Practice Makes Perfect [O] EmptyFri 16 Aug 2024 - 12:25

Duckfeather smiled softly as Cindersky praised their new attempt at the hunting crouch, relieved as they made sure to commit the advice to memory. They glanced up in a bit of surprise however at the deputy pressed that most learning was after the name, listening silently as she went on before they bowed their head. They pawed at the ground beneath them, rolling the words over in their head as they tried to find a response.

Being a warrior felt...Harder for them - not just because of their...Exhaustion issue, but because the latter half of their apprenticeship had been done without a mentor. Too sorrowful to even consider asking for a cat to replace Hawkstrike, they had struggled to teach themselves what they thought they still needed until finally, far too many moons later than they should have, they had received their name. "...Still, thank you nonetheless," they finally said, giving a small shrug of their shoulders as they looked up at the deputy. "For the advice on the crouch and the advice now - its... I guess I feel there is a...Weight with my new name I hadn't expected. That..." They took in a deep breath, flashing a weak smile at the deputy. "Well the last thing I want is to feel like I am still behind everybody else. I want to be able to pull my weight when its needed, and so I guess I just feel like I need to be...Perfect."

Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect [O]   Practice Makes Perfect [O] EmptyWed 21 Aug 2024 - 6:32

Cindersky
I loved you...

She tilted her head, slowly, and then chuckled. "No, no," She said softly. Perhaps it was a thing that all warriors had when they got their names. A picture of perfection, a need for it, a drive to achieve the impossible.  She... Well, she had never gotten her chance to consider it when she got her name. No sooner did she have it when they were outside the territories, did she fall ill.

"Nobody wants perfection from you," She said. "I don't think it is even possible for you-- anyone-- to have, really. Everyone has strengths, weaknesses. And the best thing about being in a Clan, is that if you fall short on something, someone else can fill in the gap."

She settled down, tapping the space beside her with her paw. She still found herself moving the stub, instinctively gesturing with what remained of her tail. Lifelong habits were hard to break. "I... Was not able to hunt anything other than fish for the longest time," She mused. "I only managed to catch things near the end of my apprenticeship. And even then, it was not great. And don't get me started on battle. I still look like I have two left paws. Better now, but nowhere near as good as, say, Larkspring, and especially not Murkyriver. You may find your clanmates, even in warriorhood, are more than happy to lend an advising paw."
...like the Sun.

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Practice Makes Perfect [O]   Practice Makes Perfect [O] Empty

Back to top Go down

Practice Makes Perfect [O]
Page 1 of 1