Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. If you miss one activity check, make sure you do the next one!
Greenleaf is finally here, and the clans all feel the effect of rising temperatures.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Smokeypaw's Warrior Ceremony

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6183

Smokeypaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Smokeypaw's Warrior Ceremony   Smokeypaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed 26 Jun 2024 - 20:04

i've given up on counting blessings
Leopardstar stood atop the Jaggedrock, voice carrying over the hollow ShadowClan called their home. Cats lazing about and those just returned from dusk patrol alike would hear the familiar call:

"All cats old enough to silently stalk in the shadows, please gather in the shadow of the Jaggedrock for a Clan meeting!"
the gods can judge me when i'm dead || code (c) kieer

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [N] Nightowl, [S] Smokeytimber, [F] Foxpaw, [Su] Sunbear, [T] Tortoise
Clan/Rank : [O] T5 WindClan Warrior, [N] T1 ShadowClan MC, [S] T3 ShadowClan Warrior, [F] WindClan Apprentice, [Su] T1 WindClan Warrior, [T] T1 Loner
Libra Rooster
Number of posts : 433

PostSubject: Re: Smokeypaw's Warrior Ceremony   Smokeypaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyThu 27 Jun 2024 - 22:29

SMOKEYPAWi'll hum the song the soldiers sing
he/him - shadowclan apprentice
Smokeypaw had just returned from a solo hunting session when Leopardstar's voice rang throughout camp. He flicked his ears dismissively toward her call. Surely it was regarding WindClan, or perhaps Heatherberry. Or she was naming another warrior who wasn't him - most likely Pineblossom's kits. It was never his ceremony. He'd been apprenticed late, and he'd surely be given his name late, even after saving a senior warrior from a fox and fighting an owl off with his sister. Briarpaw. Perhaps it'd be her ceremony. She certainly deserved it.

No matter the case, it was good to keep appearances. If he did want to be deputy someday, he'd have to show up for everything - meetings and ceremonies alike.

The tom gave his long, unruly fur a good few licks in an attempt to smooth it down. He refused to look anything but his best, but his pelt rarely cooperated with him. With his head held high, he made his way to the Jaggedrock and sat near the front. Then, in his usual politeness, he curled his tail around his paws neatly and sat with his back as straight as a tree trunk. His sky blue eyes were alight with curiosity - he wouldn't dare look bored of the leader in front of his own Clanmates. He gave his mother his full attention as he waited for the crowd to gather.

Oatfluff - T5 WindClan Warrior - #7f513e
Nightowl - T1 ShadowClan Med. Cat - #669966
Smokeytimber - T3 ShadowClan Warrior. - #626b7d
Foxpaw - WindClan App. - #f4ab6a
Sunbear - T1 WindClan Warrior - #cea716
Tortoise - T1 Loner - #6e6e33

Smokeypaw's Warrior Ceremony Aa9d24d70df9858f985c454d207b8b3cdc4cf12e
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Smokeypaw's Warrior Ceremony   Smokeypaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyFri 28 Jun 2024 - 9:45

Leopardstar regarded the crowd with her usual reserved curiosity, glancing over each cat until she found the one she was searching for: her son, newly returned from patrol, ears flicking dismissively in her direction. The leader paused a moment to keep herself from laughing, or otherwise betraying her amusement.

"We are gathered here today to witness the naming of a new warrior," she began once she had regained her composure.

As Smokeypaw took his place near the front of the crowd, though, she saw the spark of curiosity in his eyes. She wondered if he was expecting this, or if it would be a pleasant surprise. The work of a leader kept her so busy; and yet, she suddenly thought she ought to make time where no cat could bother her except her kin.

"Smokeypaw, I ask that you please step forward."

She lifted her head high, allowing her pride in her Clan and family to show a little more than usual.

"I call upon the warriors of ShadowClan to gaze upon this apprentice. He has trained hard to understand the ways of our honorable code, and I commend him to you as a warrior in turn."

She held his gaze as she spoke the ceremonial words.

"Smokeypaw, do you swear to uphold the warrior code? To protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?"

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : //Living//:[J]uniperhunt, [Q]uillsplash | Bird, [Sc]orchivy, [L]eopardwind, [C]reamlily, [M]ilkkit, [Sp]arrowkit //Dead:// Tawnyshadow, Sootstorm, Cinderpaw, Ajex | Palekit, Shatteredsky, Reedshine, Deerleap, Slightfrost, Specklepaw, Sunfire, Copperlark
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan T1 Warrior [Q]ShadowClan T5 Warrior [Sc]WindClan NPC PermaQueen [L]WindClan T3 Warrior [C]WindClan T3 Warrior [M]RiverClan Kit [Sp]Unborn SkyClan Kit
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3633

PostSubject: Re: Smokeypaw's Warrior Ceremony   Smokeypaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyFri 28 Jun 2024 - 19:09

I feel like I’m waiting for something that’ll never happen

It had been a while since a Warrior Ceremony was called. Eyes lit with mild curiousity, Quillsplash took to his usual place at the back of the crowd. He surveyed the gathered apprentices; which of them would would be earning their names today? Perhaps one of Juniperpaw's siblings; Hollowgrove had recently earned her name, so Juniperpaw and Willowpaw couldn't be far behind. Or perhaps one of Pineblossom's litter... Hedgepaw wasn't ready, not yet, but maybe her brothers had managed to impress the ShadowClan leader?

The tortoiseshell's ear flicked at the name called. Smokeypaw, one of... that's right, he was Leopardstar's son, wasn't he? The only son of hers... alive, that is. Had they grown up already? They were making him feel old.

I wish I could go back in time; not to change anything, but to feel a few things twice.

Juniperpaw dimly remembered her past interaction with Smokeypaw, but she held little impression of what kind of cat Smokeypaw was. Dutiful, and strong, but quiet... and that was the extend of what she knew. She'd have to get to know him more in the future. He was such an interesting cat... and earning his warrior name so soon! He'd keep her sister company, wouldn't he? She hoped they would make good friends, so Hollowgrove wouldn't be lonely while Juniperpaw worked to become a warrior too...

Quillsplash | Bird / Tom / ShadowClan T5 Warrior / #802318
Juniperhunt / She-Cat / ShadowClan T1 Warrior / #b9abb2
Scorchivy / She-Cat / WindClan NPC PermaQueen / #009966
Leopardwind / Tom / WindClan T3 Warrior / #cc9900
Creamlily / She-Cat / WindClan T3 Warrior / #ff6600
Milkkit / Tom / RiverClan Kit / #dbc6ad

Art Commissions | Character Profiles | Plotting | Character Relations | Open Litter | Art Giveaway
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Characters : [O] Oatfluff, [N] Nightowl, [S] Smokeytimber, [F] Foxpaw, [Su] Sunbear, [T] Tortoise
Clan/Rank : [O] T5 WindClan Warrior, [N] T1 ShadowClan MC, [S] T3 ShadowClan Warrior, [F] WindClan Apprentice, [Su] T1 WindClan Warrior, [T] T1 Loner
Libra Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Smokeypaw's Warrior Ceremony   Smokeypaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyFri 28 Jun 2024 - 21:00

SMOKEYPAWi'll hum the song the soldiers sing
he/him - shadowclan apprentice
Smokeypaw was not a composed enough cat to hide his shock at his mother's call. Smokeypaw, please step forward. Him? Was he ready? He'd been waiting for this moment all his life, but there were so many other apprentices that had waited so much longer for their names... he dared not think he was better than anyone, certainly. It wasn't polite, and a true leader kept a humble heart. But if Leopardstar thought he was ready, then he must be ready. Maybe Sunflare had told her about the fox he'd fought off, or word had gotten back about the owl he'd faced. The soot-grey tom stood with his head held high and walked the few footsteps to the front of the crowd of cats. Cobalt eyes searched the crowd, picking out Briarpaw and Sunflare among the other ShadowClan cats. He owed Sunflare everything. And for Briarpaw, he'd do anything.

His eyes caught a couple of unfamiliar cats, too. Well, there was Juniperpaw, who hadn't spoken to since they were kits. She was sweet enough. Artsy. Then a tortoiseshell tom. He'd seen him coming and going, but the two had never spoken. Then Smokeypaw realized that two very important faces were missing from the crowd: Cardinalpaw and Echomist. Oh, he wished his father could see him now. He'd never met him, but he wondered if his father would be proud of him now. And Cardinalpaw, who he refused to believe was dead, who should've been there to see him named a warrior. Who should've been standing where he was now, having her own ceremony.

Smokeypaw's ears twitched before he turned back to Leopardstar. He held her gaze, his expression even, though he knew the twitching of whiskers would surely betray his excitement. He dipped his head respectfully, then met her eyes once more. "I do." Smokeypaw vowed, his voice ringing out clearly and confidently across the clearing. He'd never doubted his path for a second. He was proud to take this vow for his Clanmates. Oh, StarClan, I do. Was Leopardstar proud of him? Everything he'd done in life had been with the intention of earning her pride. Upholding her image. He hoped it hadn't gone unrecognized.

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Smokeypaw's Warrior Ceremony   Smokeypaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySat 29 Jun 2024 - 16:10

Her heart swelled with pride as her son stepped forward, declaring his oath with conviction and clarity. She couldn't keep the purr out of her voice: so many kits, and yet so few had managed to earn their names. "Then it is my honor to name you as a warrior before all of ShadowClan."

She studied him once more, having thought long and hard over what names she would give her children. She hoped he would like the choice she'd made. "From this day forward, you shall be known as Smokeytimber. ShadowClan honors your responsibility and your loyalty, and we are proud to welcome you as a warrior in your own right."

And then she leapt from the Jaggedrock, as she almost always did, taking a few swift strides forward to touch her nose to his shoulder.

"Congratulations, my son," she purred, quiet enough that only he could hear. "Know that I am so, so proud of you. You've earned your name. Take some time to celebrate with your Clanmates and get settled before your vigil."

Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : //Living//:[J]uniperhunt, [Q]uillsplash | Bird, [Sc]orchivy, [L]eopardwind, [C]reamlily, [M]ilkkit, [Sp]arrowkit //Dead:// Tawnyshadow, Sootstorm, Cinderpaw, Ajex | Palekit, Shatteredsky, Reedshine, Deerleap, Slightfrost, Specklepaw, Sunfire, Copperlark
Clan/Rank : [J]ShadowClan T1 Warrior [Q]ShadowClan T5 Warrior [Sc]WindClan NPC PermaQueen [L]WindClan T3 Warrior [C]WindClan T3 Warrior [M]RiverClan Kit [Sp]Unborn SkyClan Kit
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3633

PostSubject: Re: Smokeypaw's Warrior Ceremony   Smokeypaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySat 29 Jun 2024 - 19:56

I feel like I’m waiting for something that’ll never happen

Smokeytimber was a nice name, though he didn't quite understand the true meaning behind the choice for "timber". Well, that was for Leopardstar to explain, and he himself didn't understand why he was given the suffix "splash", so he could leave it be. The tortoiseshell raised his voice to cheer the warrior's new name alongside his clanmates. Smokeytimber had no family in the warrior's den to help set up a new nest for him, right? Well, he had Badgermask, but with the recent disappearance of Heatherberry... perhaps it was best to allow the she-cat to have her space. In that case, he could offer to assist in her place.

Quillsplash padded up to the dark-furred warrior as the ceremony drew to a close. "Congratulations on your new name. If you're alright with it, I could... help set up your nest in the Warrior's den."

I wish I could go back in time; not to change anything, but to feel a few things twice.

Smokeytimber... that was a nice name. It reminded her of Hollowgrove's name. It carried the same ash-like taste in her mouth, and the strong scents of pine and smoke. Quillsplash approached the newly-named warrior first, bringing with him an offer of helping the tom set up his nest. Wasn't that what family or friends normally did...? Oh. Juniperpaw shut her mouth before the question could come out. She turned to Smokeytimber, a small stutter coming out of her as she muttered her congratulations. Maybe she'd join him in the warrior's den soon... She'd ask Boartusk about her progress after this ceremony ended.

Quillsplash | Bird / Tom / ShadowClan T5 Warrior / #802318
Juniperhunt / She-Cat / ShadowClan T1 Warrior / #b9abb2
Scorchivy / She-Cat / WindClan NPC PermaQueen / #009966
Leopardwind / Tom / WindClan T3 Warrior / #cc9900
Creamlily / She-Cat / WindClan T3 Warrior / #ff6600
Milkkit / Tom / RiverClan Kit / #dbc6ad

Art Commissions | Character Profiles | Plotting | Character Relations | Open Litter | Art Giveaway
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]andive [B]riarpatch [H]oneypaw [C]loudjumper // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Brackenwing, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T4 Warrior [B] SC/T2 Warrior [H] SkC/App [C] WC/T3 Warrior
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 6072

PostSubject: Re: Smokeypaw's Warrior Ceremony   Smokeypaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyMon 1 Jul 2024 - 8:12

Her mother calling a meeting wasn't unusual, and Briarpaw was quick to find a place to sit near her brother. They had been apprentices for a bit, but so had a few others. And it might not be a warrior ceremony at all, but the leader's summons was always worth heeding.

Tonight was in fact, a ceremony, and Briarpaw grinned at hearing Smokeypaw's name called. He'd certainly earned it, with the story of how he'd saved Sunflare from that fox!

"Smokeytimber! Smokeytimber!" Briarpaw joined the clan in celebrating their newest warrior, padding up with a loud purr. "Congratulations, brother. I bet I'll be joining you in that den soon!"

SkC Leader | Profiles | Plotting

WolfstarSkC
T5 Leader
#a0c8e6
SwandiveRC
T4 Warrior
#0881ab
BriarpatchSC
T2 Warrior
#867b6b
HoneypawSkC
App
#ff4732
Not Pictured
Cloudjumper [Bonus]WC
T3 Warrior
#a45ee9
Not Pictured
Stoneheart [Perma NPC]SkC
T5 Warrior
#616d87
Not Pictured
Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Brackenwing, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
chicago

chicago

Libra Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Smokeypaw's Warrior Ceremony   Smokeypaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptyWed 3 Jul 2024 - 0:19

SMOKEYTIMBER
I'll hum the song the soldiers sing...

A loud purr rumbled in Smokeypaw - no, Smokeytimber's throat, it would take him a while to get used to that - as the Clan erupted into cheers. He met his mother halfway and brushed his cheek against hers. She was proud of him! He'd never heard it from her before, but the sincerity and genuine pride in her voice made him grin. It was uncharacteristically not controlled, but he was bursting with emotion. Being the first of his litter to be named a warrior was a real accomplishment, and his Clanmates' excited shouts around him warmed his heart. That was him they were cheering for!

"Thank you, Leopardstar -" he began before correcting himself. "Ah, thanks, ma." Smokeytimber said quietly, not wanting anyone to hear him use any kind of pet name but her. "I owe it all to you."

Then she was swept away, and his Clanmates gathered around him. Juniperpaw again, the tortoiseshell tom (come to think of it, he must know his name - Quillsomething, maybe?), and of course, Briarpaw. He wished Cardinalpaw could have seen him, but oh well - he'd tell her all about it when she came home. He addressed everyone in order, purring happily all the while. His tail tapped the ground lightly in an odd, cheerful gesture not unlike a dog wagging its tail.

"Oh! I'd appreciate it, um - you don't have to, if you're busy." The large tom was a bit surprised by the kindness of Quill's offer. He'd barely spoken to him before, but... the tom seemed like he'd be a worthy friend. Smokeytimber glanced back at Briarpaw as he realized he'd be leaving her behind. Sure, it might only be for a short while, but it still sucked. "Yes, I'd appreciate that." He nodded decisively, then turned to Juniperpaw. It was hard to hear her over the crowd of cats, but he managed nonetheless. The smoke-furred tom dipped his head in thanks. "You'll be joining me soon, and then I could help set up your nest." Smokeytimber offered.

Then it was just him and Briarpaw. Emotion filled his bright gaze as he looked back at her. "Thank you, sister. You'd better be! It... it should've been you up here first, not me." Smokeytimber met her with a purr, but his voice was a bit somber. He pressed his nose to her cheek gently. "Hey, promise me we'll at least share meals until you join me? I'll get lonely."

...we are ready for the siege.
ShadowClan • T1 Warrior • He/Him • #626b7d
Credits: coding - xaandiir | image 1 | image 2 | image 3 | image 4 | image 5 | image 6

Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Characters : Lighttail (SkC), Sunflare (SC), Sageroot (TC), Bianca (Rogue), Mistypaw (SkC), Minkpaw (TC)
Clan/Rank : Lighttail: SkyClan T4 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T5 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue. Mistypaw: SkyClan Apprentice. Minkpaw: ThunderClan Apprentice.
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 2678

PostSubject: Re: Smokeypaw's Warrior Ceremony   Smokeypaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySat 6 Jul 2024 - 13:08

The crowd parted slightly as Sunflare stepped forward to congratulate his apprentice. “Smokeytimer, you have no idea how proud I am of you. You’re growing into a fine young cat. If you ever need anything though, I’m still here. I’ll always be available to assist you.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smokeypaw's Warrior Ceremony   Smokeypaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Smokeypaw's Warrior Ceremony
Page 1 of 1